Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,216 | Hads: 4,746
1.85/5  rDev -9.3%

Well, my dad gave me a 30 pack of this, and I am not one to look a gift horse in the mouth. What can I say about this brew that hasn't already been written. I drank from the can, ice cold. I know what this beer looks like, pale, thin yellow with a minute head. Smell is neither enticing, nor offensive, mildly sweet, with no hop aroma. Taste, well theres a reason I drank it ice cold, to dull the taste. It is a macro with adjunct, rice and a tiny bit of amlt flavor, finishes dry, do there must be a hop in there, but not enough to add enjoyment. It is not too too terrible to pound down a few as a quencher because there is nothing there to offend.

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Ok at long last I took the splash and actually took a can of this from my mom-in law!.
Bad idea to pour this as it looks like urine..and the wispy effect of the "lace" adds to the impression.
smell is virtually non-existent..maybe some sweetness from the malts.
The taste , though while bland and insipid,isnt TOO bad for a light beer....mostly sweet malts..no hop discenable.
way too carbonated in the mouth for my tastes.
I suppose this isnt quite as bad as I expected..if pressed I could drink this at a family BBQ ..just 2 or 3 though.

Words cannot describe my utter dislike for this brew. If this were the only beer available at a party, I would rather not drink. The taste is awful, the appearance is as close to club soda as you can get, the mouthfeel is awfully sour, and drinkability next to impossible. A true macro crap beer.

This is a 330ml bottle of coors light

Drank from the bottle, however coors light pours with an uninviting look. Colourless and odourless bar the slight malt this beer is extremly dull.

Only drank as a refreshing beer, however in this case, not as refreshing as bud as theres a sickly feeling produced in your stomach upon drinking this.

Far too much carbonation, and too little flavour

2.35/5  rDev +15.2%

Ok...it's a lite beer we all know that. Now for what it is it's just that a watery lite beer that can be thrown down in mass quantities. You don't ave to think about it to drink it. I will say that I did drink this beer alot back in the day and as long as it's ICE COLD it's ok(again for what it is). High drinkability as it has no taste. Now I drink my SA beers. I've matured...in some ways.

1.43/5  rDev -29.9%

Come on. It's called the Silver Bullet. Any beer that has a nick name, ie. Natty Ice, Silver Bullet can't be good. The one redeeming quality that this beer has is that fact that it has alcohol in it. After downing about 3 good beers this beer is tollerable to keep the night going. That's about all it's good for. Oh, and maybe getting back from some sort of physical event like running or biking, it's good to rehydrate with. Very much like water.

2.33/5  rDev +14.2%

This beer was something that I refused in college when I didn't know that much about beer. Today, I won't refuse it, but I won't choose it. Why is that? Well, it is a great example of an American Macro Light Lager. A ton of people love it and drink it daily. It is consistently brewed and always fresh. The beer reeks of corn and the taste is all adjunct as well. But it is clean, smooth and absolutely drinkable. Nothing like the beers that I normally drink but definitely serves a purpose. You can sense a hint of hops from time to time but they are a focus of the beer. Don't seek it out, but accept the fact that it is one of the most popular beers in the country.

1.15/5  rDev -43.6%

Super advertising on the 24 ounce can - silver and gold, some black accents, this one being a commemorative Super Bowl XXVIII collector's item - wait, this isn't part of the rating. Medium yellow hue, zero head, beady carbonation. Has a weak, perfume like aroma. Up front, thin and weak bodied, has very little hop or malt flavoring, maybe some faint grainy/grassy notes which should be illegal for beer. No body, no character, and call it no taste, I feel sorry for those who drink this on a regular basis.

2.06/5  rDev +1%

The silver bullet... Comes in a brown bottle, which is the what I drank it from. Smells lightly oof malt, and a little adjunct. Taste is not very offensive, but there is almost nothing to it. No complexity, no hops kick, nothing. Just another macro, IMO.

1.68/5  rDev -17.6%

What could I possibly add to the two hundred-plus (largely negative) reviews that have already appeared? It looks like water. It tastes like water. It smells like soap.

I remember when 'The Silver Bullet" made its debut in my local LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario) store back in the mid '80s. I remember thinking, "Wow! Such a flashy can! So this is American beer! How exotic!" Ah, the folly of youth.

1.83/5  rDev -10.3%

Like all massed produced light beers. Appearance was as if my dog....nevermind. Smell well thankfully there wasnt much smell there. Taste had a little bit of a bitterness and maybe some malt to it not much else. No mouthfeel. Very easy to drink since its like drinking water.

2.11/5  rDev +3.4%

Widely available in Canada. Had it because it was the most drinkable of non drinkable beers at a Shalom Zachor, a Friday night gathering after a baby is born in Judaism, where traditionally beer is served. Agree its carbonated tonic water with a little beer taste.

2.28/5  rDev +11.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

Pours like clear straw-colored water, with a head that jumps up and right back down.

Nondescript aroma, says simply, "yep, this is beer."

There's an initial slight hop tanginess, that fades quickly to a sheer veneer of malt, with a very fast finish.

This beer is thin, like water, and leaves your mouth with little record of its having been there.

Yes, it is drinkable, as mass-produced light beers go. My brother-in-law always has it around, and when we're out in the sun by the pool and I didn't bring my own, well, I'll confess I've been known to knock a few back. And even if I'm not impressed, I seldom actively regret it.

2.35/5  rDev +15.2%

--regular bottle, no freshness date faound.
--poured a thin, clear straw like in color. Nice head that quickly diminished to nothing. Little to none lacing affect. Sweet, nothing spectular smell.
What can I say about this beer that hasn't been said already. Not much taste besides a watered down affect. It is better than some of the mass marketed lights I have tried. I would not seek this beer out, but I may pound one back to wet the palate after a good game of hockey.

1.33/5  rDev -34.8%

Coors Light- The Silver Bullet?! This could kill even a werewolf!!

Coors Light is the women's beer of choice here in NJ. And that's a shame! Actually its the men's choice in Ocean County!

Coors Light has a pale yellow appearance with a soapy white head that disappated very quickly.
The smell was sweet & stale actually it was very repugnant!
The taste was very weak, very little hops or anything else of that matter. Well, anything that is good. The natural taste is of skunked piss. Don't mean to be harsh but there is no other way to describe the flavor!

I didn't want to review such crappy beers but I feel it's my duty to report the bad beers along with the good ones. Coors Light is definitely the Worst one!

1.8/5  rDev -11.8%

Lackluster color, just barely yellow. No head to speak of. The carbonation is large-bubbled and very like drinking a coke. Not too sweet flavor and a little more bitter in the finish than Miller Lite. Nothing here is offensive though. I didn't mention the aroma because it doesn't have one to speak of.

1.38/5  rDev -32.4%

Went to a college football game while on vacation in Indiana and attended a tail-gate party while waiting for the game to start. The food was great. The beer choices were, well, limited.
Poured in a glass, Coors Light has a pale, bubbly light yellow color and a fluffy little white head that evaporates immediately. The smell was faintly of pale malt and a hefty dose of corn syrup. The taste was initially syrupy sweet but turned wretched in a matter of minutes as the beer warmed a bit. The bitter, metallic taste was enough to make me stop after just one. The feel was light and overly carbonated, like a malt/corn soda.
I should have followed my instincts and brought along a sixer of Bell's or Three Floyds. I didn't and my palate paid the price. Considering the other options were Corona Extra and some malternative, C.L. was the least of the three evils. Next time I'll just drink water.

2.17/5  rDev +6.4%

Coors Light on tap, does it get any more real than this? Let's see.
It came to me in a pilsner, chilled. Light clear yellow with plenty of carbonation to support absolutely no head whatsoever. Hmmm. Smelled lightly of malt, and corn syrup. Wierd, but I guess go with what works. Tasted pretty much the same. Sweet, lightly malted, watered down corn syrup. Very light bodied, easy to pour down the throat. The plusses, no headache. Had one Bud Light and had a migraine. None of that business here. Easy to drink several of and not be drunk. Goes great with fried chicken and fried okra.
So, to answer the question, yes it does get better from here. Much much better, but, when out in Okarche, Oklahoma, God I hope I spelled Okarche right, and you're eatin' fried chicken, Coors Light might be all that's available. I think they had some miller products, and I know they had bud, but really, out of those, I'll take a coors light any day of the week.

1.85/5  rDev -9.3%

It's coors light. We've all had it. We all know it's water with some yellow food coloring and artificial beer flavoring.
Works for high school parties and... well... that's about it.

Appearance was yellow water. Smell was bland and flat... Taste the same. Mouthfeel and drinkability... you can drink lots of these bastards.

1.58/5  rDev -22.5%

Mass produced tripe. I pretty much will only drink this stuff when someone offers you a beer at their house.. Very pale and yellowish. Not much head unless you try to pour it sloppy. I have found that you can drink it hot and it doesn't taste that much worse than when its cold. Good for boiling brats in, and buying in bulk for parties in the summer.

1.87/5  rDev -8.3%

Light light yellow with white white head of bursting big bubbles without retention or stickyness. Lokks a little like pale ginger ale.
Smell is great - some corn-like sweetness with a very pleasing level of diacetyl, some leafy saaz and a hint of toasted grains.
Taste begins like water with grain flavoring but then the sweetness and butteriness quickly disappear leaving an astringent metallic sting. Medium harsh carbonation, sort of soda-like high frustose corn syrup feel.
Although I find the aroma to be quite pleasing, the taste ruins it. Not an enjoyable beer for me.

2.25/5  rDev +10.3%

Smooth, clear, and lightly fruity when first hitting your tongue. Slightly smooth finish with an acidic, hoppy aftertaste. As this is a light beer (and a near-clear-beer) there's no spectrum of flavors in the palatte that one would normally expected from a full-bodied brew. It just slides into your mouth and fizzes a little before fading away.

- I first reviewed this beer 28JUN03, this post reflects notes in that review. -

2.06/5  rDev +1%

Another quintessential American “light” beer. If I was blindfolded and I concentrated on my taste buds I’d be able to detect the stereotyped beer flavor-- but maybe my imagination might fill in the missing pieces.

A very very mild and shallow flavor- yes there’s a hint of malt and hops. Fizz. Coors doesn’t state the alcohol percentage. I suspect it’s quite light. I will say this-- on ice with some club soda or just soda water this “beer” will give a mild flavor-- something different to the conventional fruity flavored water.

1.88/5  rDev -7.8%

oh the silver bullet. how i loathe your horrible commercials. i wouldnt touch you, but you came in a raiders can and i had to have you. pours bright pale yellow, smells like typical cheap beer, tastes metallic and slightly sweet with lots of carbonation. it is what it is, light cheap beer. im sure you didnt know that so consider yourself enlightened.

1.79/5  rDev -12.3%
look: 3 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

Presentation: 12oz. can.

Appearance: Pours a clear, golden hue with a small, snow-white head; not much in the way of head retention or lacing.

Aroma: Faintly of corn, cooked veegtables and grain.

Taste: Lightly sweet; firm notes of corn and grain; very little bitternish.

Notes: In terms of calories and price, what can be said? Poor, off-putting beer.

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company