Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
Ratings: 4,574 | Reviews: 1,323
1.9/5  rDev -5.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3.5

Alright, this is not so much an actively disagreeable beer, as it is a very light malt alcohol drink of some sort masquerading as beer. That's why I give it such a low rating. While I don't like it, I can definately drink plenty of it, because the taste is really quite weak.
Appearance- Very light yellow. Not even bright, like a cheap Macro that's been watered down further, which it is.
Smell- Even Origional doesn't have much of a scent. This has a very faint smell of hops, that's it.
Taste- Almost none, what's there is still disagreeable to me. No grains at all, lots of water and carbonatation, a little bit of hops that I don't like.
Mouthfeel- Like seltzer water.
Drinkability- Pretty good. It's so light and watery anyone could do keg stands with the stuff. But why would you want to?

Conclusion- I think this is actually near-beer. When I worked for a minor league baseball team's food concession service, I once sold a guy a dozen pint bottles of this stuff. I kept selling because I couldn't hear him slurr or see his movements change at all. That about sums Coors Light up. Its only mildly unappealing, but it also isn't really beer. So only godawful Budwieser gets a worse rating so far. And even Bud tries to formulate something that at least parody's beer. If you drink this, order a vodka and tonic or vodka and soda next time and just admit you don't like beer. Or if you're ordering this because you've had too much to drink already or need to drive home, once again stop pretending. Do your tastebuds and body a favor and get a bottled water.

2.25/5  rDev +11.9%

This beer was tasted from a bottle in a Pilsner Glass.

The beer pours golden but there is no head and it does not hold or lace. The smell is not to chemical but there isn't much of a smell at all. The taste is quite watered down but there is nothing especially harsh about the taste. It is carbonated well, fairly smooth and not to oily but really watery. Overall quite easy going down for a light macro beer.

1.4/5  rDev -30.3%

Pours a super pale yellow, straw yellow, big white head forms but goes quickly, no lace. Smell is sweet, some minor skunk, citrus and corn. Taste is non existent, some corn sweetness, citrus and a little bit of iron. Mouthfeel is light bodied with medium carbonation. Hideous.

Mildly better than silver bullet from a can, coors light in a bottle nevertheless remains a low quality brew. As with most of this type of standard american cheap beer, it must be served cold in order to retain any form of drinkability whatsoever. Weak and watery with a puffy, fleeting head when poured, this is purely a beer to have when there's very little else available. Hard to drink more than a couple at a time.

1.63/5  rDev -18.9%

This pours a pale straw color with a small head that leaves quickly.The smell is very weak and has a hint of cooked vegatables.The taste is faintly hoppy,but is more like water with a touch of beer.The m/f is light,weak and watery.I can't imagine ever trying this again.

2.63/5  rDev +30.8%

I have to agree with many other reviewers...the Silver Bullet is hardly a wonderful taste sensation, but as far as American Macros, particularly Light beers, it's very smooth and drinkable. One of my favorite strategies to prolong a night of drinking is to alternate stronger beers with Coors Light...it cleanses the palate and keeps one fresh for more drinking...

Appearance and smell are typical of Light lagers, mouthfeel and drinkability a little above average...less (well almost none at all frankly) aftertaste than almost any other beer...

Great for sessions, of course. Hardly close to my favorite beer, but again, a nice respite between other beers....

2.96/5  rDev +47.3%

I'm ashamed to say it, but, WOW. This beer isn't terrible. For me, talking about a BMC beer, let alone a LIGHT beer, that is high praise indeed. Not terrible. Infact, I could see myself drinking this beer with no complaints if the right social situation were to arise (or if it was cheap enough on tap). I mean, I never would seek it out, but, the old silver bullet never fails. Goes down quick and smooth, and I'll have another thank you very much.
I'm suprised as to how drinkable this beer was.
Certainly not good, and if you've got micros around, DRINK THEM!!! But, for what it is, ain't bad, ain't bad at all.

2.7/5  rDev +34.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

First of all, I do still enjoy the occasional macro. I bought a 24oz can of this tonight. The beer looks like any other macro. Light in color. The smell reminds me of many a campfire with my friends. A bunch of rowdy kids drinking whatever the one person over 21 brought or would buy for them. The taste, again, is pretty much in line with any other macro. There is just not much of a taste there. The mouthfeel is actually pretty smooth. Some Macro's are just too harsh in the mouthfeel to be consumed. This one is one of the better Macro's. The drinkability is above average for the style. Americam Macro is made to be relativaly inexpensive and drinkable. This one finds that niche well.

2.4/5  rDev +19.4%

Note: Served in a 12oz bottle with an accompanying 12oz mug on cheap beer night at a local establishment.

This beer pours to a light yellow and a quickly dissipating head. Smell is mostly of corn adjuncts. Taste is rather bland, hints of corn in the aroma, aftertaste however is minimal. Mouthfeel is reminiscent of Soda Water. However one could easily take a 12 pack of these and easily put them back without even thinking about it. Very easy to drink, just not a very good beer.

1.32/5  rDev -34.3%

Dry mouth. Parched palate. My throat seeks succor and salvation in any kind of beverage...here's a can handy. I'll down it, whatever it is...couldn't hurt..?

Pale, just slightly yellow coloring, bordering on white, with a head that starts white and full but dies in seconds flat.

Sweet corn in the nose, but flat and empty beyond...mostly, I smell "wet"...so, I'm guessing this is sweetened water?

Taste: let me amend that: SPOILED water. Sweetness, which might stand in for taste, is missing and so is any other kind of flavor. Flat. Decrepit. Utterly innocuous, and deeply disappointing. For those uninterested in flavor, and eager to accept into their systems a weak, watery alcohol delivery system.

Really, no appeal is found inside this can...yuk! As far from beer as I can imagine...how does anyone actually enjoy this?
Light, yes, but each gulp resounds with vapidity. There's so little here it can't escape from it's flaws, and can only be tolerated by those who can't imagine anything else, with character, taste, texture, or any of those other extra amenities.

My insides have been moistened, yes, but my soul aches from the cheap, lifeless atrocity of this mistake of a beer. Worse, it's actually an abuse of water.

No wonder they refer so frequently to the cold taste on the label of this can and in the advertising, for there isn't any other "taste" inside that they boast of...wait, "cold" isn't a taste...

(Drinkability gets a "1" because if I ever wanted more than one of these, you may as well take me out and shoot me!)

3.33/5  rDev +65.7%

You've seen all the other reviews for appearnce, smell, blah blah blah. In my opinion, this is THE best tasting macro in the united states. Not just the best tasting light beer, BUT the best tasting macro. Sure, it doesn't have a strong beer taste, but when compared with bud and miller which taste less like beer and more like urine (from what i've been told that urine tastes like anyway), Coors light will always be my choice in a macro. Clean, refreshing taste. Definitely an exeption among macros.

4.02/5  rDev +100%

Appearance: Burned impression of straw; in a clear keg cup or a red keg cup, the expectation is fulfilled; crystal clear; typical domestic light lager head; uninspiring to the connoisseur; liquid gold to the tailgater

Smell: Pleasantly outdoorsy despite the expectation of metallic overtones; clean rice as opposed to oppressive corn

Taste: Pure and clean; it simply tastes like American lager; light

Mouthfeel: Like a party in your mouth - a party where many people are leaving and many people are arriving at the same time

Drinkability: Impeccable, quantity-wise

2.85/5  rDev +41.8%

man i hate it when you go to the bar late and all thats cold is coors light well it looks like beer in a bottle smells like beer in a bottle taste like watery beer in a bottle kinda sweet makes it easy to drink almost to easy to drink if you ask mebut nobody did

2.93/5  rDev +45.8%

Pours a pale yellow color with a finger of head that falls to a very light coating over top of the brew. What I was expecting from a light beer. Nose is fairly sweet, almost sugary sweet, with a very light grainy character. Flavor is a little sparse. Light corn-sugary sweetness with whisps of grainy/huskyness. Feel is very light and watery. Carbonation is very active. As far as a macro light lager goes, this is my choice. It really has nothing that offends me for the style. Quite drinkable.

3.3/5  rDev +64.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Well, this is another beer, this was really difficult to drink. Why?. Because it has additives that make it really heavy in the palate, I mean, really annoying and far from being a refreshing beer. Seems like trying to get you out of beers. The colour was a little green and that speaks bad about a beer, and almost no foam.

1.91/5  rDev -5%

Well, they do a good job marketing this brew.
It's not that the beer is actively unpleasant, it's just that there's so little there: hardly any smell but for a rice-corn melange backed by a bit of faint skunk, and hardly any taste except a bit of skunky bitterness.

Not much of a mouthfeel, either, except for fizz.

Reminds me of beer, sort of. But not too much.

1.15/5  rDev -42.8%

First beer I've reviewed on here. Started off drinking stuff like this years ago, and now I can surely taste the difference from my college days. Very little aroma, taste on the mouth tends to be heavy for a light lager, and the aftertaste lingers in a not-so-memorable way. The maltiness tends to linger like soda...which would be fine if this was that type of carbonated beverage!

I'd love to give this beer another shot, but it's too mass-market for my tastes and it hasn't changed in years. My tastes have changed, and this will forever remian a gateway beer for me - nothing more, nothing less.

P.S. - This would be surely be rated higher if Pete Coors had spent 10% of last year's failed senate campaign on making this brew worthy of a second chance. Earth to Colorado...

3.11/5  rDev +54.7%

a beer new in my city imported by a mcro brewery Cerveceria Cuauhtemoc, Very light in its flavor, and drinkability low in average, taste and mouthfeel good, its flavor is closer to a anheuser busch beers, without the eagle, coors light is better, its hops aroma is excellent

1.16/5  rDev -42.3%

This is the worst beer ive ever tasted, its like you are drinking water combined with some crappy beer, so go figure. I bought this beer because i thought my girlfriend could like it, as she likes light lagers... but this achieved a new level of crapy taste. She told me that she didnt like it... i tasted and after that i spilled it on the ground...

Dont drink it, its bad.. very bad for you and your loved ones!

1.47/5  rDev -26.9%
look: 1 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

"The Silver Bullet"..what a great marketing concept..it sounds so cool, too bad it's attached to this swill of swills. Honestly, I've never liked this beer. Even when I was chugging Beast and Busch and thought Killian's was a premium beer in college. Strangely, every girl I've ever dated made it their favorite beer, but maybe that says more about them..or me..
I see light yellow with no head at all. Light, grainy smell. A narrow taste, almost sour, that would make me nauseous if it wasn't so weak. Feels almost like a soda in your mouth instead of beer..lots of carbonation and an almost sugary texture.
I would honestly rather drink a Korean beer than this. If I were the Rocky Mountains, I'd sue the pants off Pete Coors for libel.

1.58/5  rDev -21.4%

Served in a frozen mug. Well, I went to my old home town of Schaller, Iowa to find it is not a beer geek’s paradise. Two bars, wiith only Michelob Light, Busch Light, this, and some Bacardi cooler on tap (and Schell's 1919 Root Beer. Huh?). So I tried this. Pretty much soda water with a bit of sugar and malt flavoring. No taste at all... but that’s better than tasting bad, which I’ve had in a beer, so it doesn’t get the absolute worst review.

1.75/5  rDev -12.9%

Cheap beer, Coors Light be thy name.

Picked on up at my girlfriend's who had leftovers after a party. All I can say is I wish I was already drunk while drinking this.

I wouldn't say the taste is awful, but only because I've had Old Mil and Milwaukee's Best and nothing is worse than those. It's a little sour with almost a faux-malt taste and a touch of alcohol.

Nothing extraordinary or bad about the mouthfeel. Coors Light simply is.

Overall, it could be worse. I'd never pay for this, but as this can was free, what the hell.

I think my girlfriend puts it best, "MMmmmm, piss in a can. Gotta love it."

2.72/5  rDev +35.3%

Okay, Okay, this isn't the best beer in the world, but let's just go back and take a look at a fairly common cheap beer.

Pours a very pale straw color. A nice head while pouring, but it subsides immediately. The smell is really faint, and there's not much there. The taste is pretty bland. Can't taste very much hops or malt, only the faint trace of alcohol. Tastes a lot like how club soda would taste after eating a bunch of bread. The mouthfeel is bland as well. Too much carbonation. As a general beverage, this isn't so bad. A nice cold one is alright, and it's light enough so that I can really quench my thirst on this if it were a hot day. As beer, however, this is fairly disappointing.

2.68/5  rDev +33.3%

First of all, I'm not sure why everyone bashes this beer. We all know this isn't gourmet craft brew, it is what it is...an american light beer. Although I'm new to the beer game, I found my tastes gravitate towards the heavier beer. But lets be honest here, when you're done golfing (or done doing anything else outdoors) in the the Florida heat, that bottle of heavy craft brew just doesn't cut it. Enter the Silver Bullet....
pours a medium yellow with a puffy head that has disappeared by the time you throw the bottle away. The smell is the same as everyother beer I've smelled in this class. The mouth feel is light with high carbination, in fact if not for the high carbanation, everyone would be able to chug this. As it is it's still almost to easy to drink. The taste is so-so but tolerable. Another important reason I picked this beer is because of the availability of it. When I go to a bar before, during, or after a FSU game, I know I'll be able to find it...usually on tap which is my prefered method of consumption. I can't say the same for sam Adams light (my favorite) or rock green light or yuengling light (my next choices.)
I imagine once winter returns, the light beers will go the way of the Dinosaur.

12 oz bottle. Poured with a big white fizzy head. I turned my back to throw away the bottle and it was gone. Very pale straw yellow and crystal clear. Very light grainy aroma and taste. The No sweetnes. No bitterness. Water thin. Livly carbonation. By far the worst of the major American Light beers.

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company