Join our email list →

Coors Brewing Company
Colorado, United States | website

Light Lager | 4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,226 | Hads: 4,804
2.1/5  rDev +2.9%

This poured to a very light color with a minimal head that went away about as quickly as possible. There was a single half-ring of lace left when I was finished.

The smell is very minimal. There's a tiny amount of flavor in the taste, almost like a strong lager pumped through a crummy water purification system. I can't do a very good job describing the flavors here because they're so subdued that the particulars can't really be sorted out.

It's pretty much water. At least it isn't full of bad flavor, and I can definitely say that I've had worse.

2.15/5  rDev +5.4%

You know how extreme beer tests our perception of beer? Coors light tests our perception of water. What a terrible, terrible beer. Ironically, I got a 6 pack of Lowenbrau and my friends got a 12 pack of this stuff. They hated Lowenbrau, but loved Coors Light.

Wow! Very watery, no flavor, no smell but very drinkable. Zephyrhills water is also highly drinkable.

--Joey

This beer can best be used in place of water when they run out of it at a beer festival. It poured a bright yellow with nearly no head at all. The aroma was pretty much non-existant. The taste followed suit and resembled carbonated water more than anything else. If I was suffering from severe dehydration, I still wouldn't have another one of these!

1.13/5  rDev -44.6%

Pours an off-yellow color, similar to a Mountain Dew that has been dirt-filtered. Has a wierd smell. My vocabulary is not dynamic enough to accurately describe this smell.
When swallowed, it feels like an off-flavored water.

Congratulations to the Coors marketing team who, somehow, have convinced America that this is what a beer should taste like.

1 out of 5 swills.

1.23/5  rDev -39.7%

I don't understand why this bloody beer remains very popular among the masses of America. Everything you can think that is wrong with beer is in Coors Light. The appearance looks like a urine sample; actually, a urine sample has more colour than a Coors Light. The smell is non-existant. The taste lacks flavor and it is very watery. Finally, you could pound down numerous cans, because it is easy to drink. If you don't want beer poop in the morning, then don't drink Coors Light. Argh!

What can i say its the worst beer i've ever had for me its the lowest of the lows and it saddens me for it to be one of the highest selling beers in the country. It pours a pale straw yellow. Tastes like water and some malt. Smells like water (nothing) and overall its just a beer made for college students.

2.12/5  rDev +3.9%

Pours a clear pale yellow, with lots of carbonation.

Smell is yeasty with a noticeable banana scent, faint grain smell.

Taste is mild grain and yeast with that same faint trace of Banana I smelled. OK but under flavored. Beats Michelob Ultra though.

Mouthfeel is present.

Drinkable, but not good, there really are no good light beers.

1.8/5  rDev -11.8%

12oz can

Apperance: Baby yellow, no head, or lace. This brew has a worse head than a soda.

Nose: I'll be freakin honest, I can't get anything. i try and try, but I dont get any real scents. Maybe corn?

Taste: It's funny, I just went from a Busch Light to a Coors Light and I can't tell the difference. Maybe a professional could pick out the specific tastes, but i could not. It tastes like pale, sudsy alcohol. Some light liquid corn?

Notes: This whole, "It's good on a hott day" crap is driving me crazy. It's good becaue it's like water, period...it isnt good beer. The guys at Coors are making millions on this junk....what is the world coming to?

2.58/5  rDev +26.5%

A light straw gold beer with a thin white head. A light smell of yeast and malt. The taste is lightly yeasty with some malt and fruitieness. A nice light beer. This is a real standby, while I would rather have a Blue Moon or a Coors, given the option of Bud or something similar a Coors Light will do.

1.92/5  rDev -5.9%

Coors light is not a bad light beer. It is very drinkable manly because it tastes like water, you can pop alot of these anytime of the day. It is very drinkable. The look of this beer is colorless with hints of yellow, no smell and really no head to speak of. The smell, isn't awful because there isn't really a smell. The taste is like a refreshing water on a hot day but is that what we want in our beer. Taste some hop but not much. Coors Light is not the light beer commercials will have you believe. Pass on this, if you need a light beer try Miller Lite. At least it tastes somewhat like beer.

1.85/5  rDev -9.3%

Well, my dad gave me a 30 pack of this, and I am not one to look a gift horse in the mouth. What can I say about this brew that hasn't already been written. I drank from the can, ice cold. I know what this beer looks like, pale, thin yellow with a minute head. Smell is neither enticing, nor offensive, mildly sweet, with no hop aroma. Taste, well theres a reason I drank it ice cold, to dull the taste. It is a macro with adjunct, rice and a tiny bit of amlt flavor, finishes dry, do there must be a hop in there, but not enough to add enjoyment. It is not too too terrible to pound down a few as a quencher because there is nothing there to offend.

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Ok at long last I took the splash and actually took a can of this from my mom-in law!.
Bad idea to pour this as it looks like urine..and the wispy effect of the "lace" adds to the impression.
smell is virtually non-existent..maybe some sweetness from the malts.
The taste , though while bland and insipid,isnt TOO bad for a light beer....mostly sweet malts..no hop discenable.
way too carbonated in the mouth for my tastes.
I suppose this isnt quite as bad as I expected..if pressed I could drink this at a family BBQ ..just 2 or 3 though.

Words cannot describe my utter dislike for this brew. If this were the only beer available at a party, I would rather not drink. The taste is awful, the appearance is as close to club soda as you can get, the mouthfeel is awfully sour, and drinkability next to impossible. A true macro crap beer.

1.85/5  rDev -9.3%

This is a 330ml bottle of coors light

Drank from the bottle, however coors light pours with an uninviting look. Colourless and odourless bar the slight malt this beer is extremly dull.

Only drank as a refreshing beer, however in this case, not as refreshing as bud as theres a sickly feeling produced in your stomach upon drinking this.

Far too much carbonation, and too little flavour

2.35/5  rDev +15.2%

Ok...it's a lite beer we all know that. Now for what it is it's just that a watery lite beer that can be thrown down in mass quantities. You don't ave to think about it to drink it. I will say that I did drink this beer alot back in the day and as long as it's ICE COLD it's ok(again for what it is). High drinkability as it has no taste. Now I drink my SA beers. I've matured...in some ways.

Cheers

1.43/5  rDev -29.9%

Come on. It's called the Silver Bullet. Any beer that has a nick name, ie. Natty Ice, Silver Bullet can't be good. The one redeeming quality that this beer has is that fact that it has alcohol in it. After downing about 3 good beers this beer is tollerable to keep the night going. That's about all it's good for. Oh, and maybe getting back from some sort of physical event like running or biking, it's good to rehydrate with. Very much like water.

2.33/5  rDev +14.2%

This beer was something that I refused in college when I didn't know that much about beer. Today, I won't refuse it, but I won't choose it. Why is that? Well, it is a great example of an American Macro Light Lager. A ton of people love it and drink it daily. It is consistently brewed and always fresh. The beer reeks of corn and the taste is all adjunct as well. But it is clean, smooth and absolutely drinkable. Nothing like the beers that I normally drink but definitely serves a purpose. You can sense a hint of hops from time to time but they are a focus of the beer. Don't seek it out, but accept the fact that it is one of the most popular beers in the country.

1.15/5  rDev -43.6%

Super advertising on the 24 ounce can - silver and gold, some black accents, this one being a commemorative Super Bowl XXVIII collector's item - wait, this isn't part of the rating. Medium yellow hue, zero head, beady carbonation. Has a weak, perfume like aroma. Up front, thin and weak bodied, has very little hop or malt flavoring, maybe some faint grainy/grassy notes which should be illegal for beer. No body, no character, and call it no taste, I feel sorry for those who drink this on a regular basis.

2.06/5  rDev +1%

The silver bullet... Comes in a brown bottle, which is the what I drank it from. Smells lightly oof malt, and a little adjunct. Taste is not very offensive, but there is almost nothing to it. No complexity, no hops kick, nothing. Just another macro, IMO.

1.68/5  rDev -17.6%

What could I possibly add to the two hundred-plus (largely negative) reviews that have already appeared? It looks like water. It tastes like water. It smells like soap.

I remember when 'The Silver Bullet" made its debut in my local LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario) store back in the mid '80s. I remember thinking, "Wow! Such a flashy can! So this is American beer! How exotic!" Ah, the folly of youth.

1.83/5  rDev -10.3%

Like all massed produced light beers. Appearance was as if my dog....nevermind. Smell well thankfully there wasnt much smell there. Taste had a little bit of a bitterness and maybe some malt to it not much else. No mouthfeel. Very easy to drink since its like drinking water.

2.11/5  rDev +3.4%

Widely available in Canada. Had it because it was the most drinkable of non drinkable beers at a Shalom Zachor, a Friday night gathering after a baby is born in Judaism, where traditionally beer is served. Agree its carbonated tonic water with a little beer taste.

2.28/5  rDev +11.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

Pours like clear straw-colored water, with a head that jumps up and right back down.

Nondescript aroma, says simply, "yep, this is beer."

There's an initial slight hop tanginess, that fades quickly to a sheer veneer of malt, with a very fast finish.

This beer is thin, like water, and leaves your mouth with little record of its having been there.

Yes, it is drinkable, as mass-produced light beers go. My brother-in-law always has it around, and when we're out in the sun by the pool and I didn't bring my own, well, I'll confess I've been known to knock a few back. And even if I'm not impressed, I seldom actively regret it.

2.35/5  rDev +15.2%

--regular bottle, no freshness date faound.
--poured a thin, clear straw like in color. Nice head that quickly diminished to nothing. Little to none lacing affect. Sweet, nothing spectular smell.
What can I say about this beer that hasn't been said already. Not much taste besides a watered down affect. It is better than some of the mass marketed lights I have tried. I would not seek this beer out, but I may pound one back to wet the palate after a good game of hockey.
Thx

1.33/5  rDev -34.8%

Coors Light- The Silver Bullet?! This could kill even a werewolf!!

Coors Light is the women's beer of choice here in NJ. And that's a shame! Actually its the men's choice in Ocean County!

Coors Light has a pale yellow appearance with a soapy white head that disappated very quickly.
The smell was sweet & stale actually it was very repugnant!
The taste was very weak, very little hops or anything else of that matter. Well, anything that is good. The natural taste is of skunked piss. Don't mean to be harsh but there is no other way to describe the flavor!

I didn't want to review such crappy beers but I feel it's my duty to report the bad beers along with the good ones. Coors Light is definitely the Worst one!

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company