Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,194 | Hads: 4,599
2.53/5  rDev +21.1%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Lite gold with white top. Whisper of biscuits. Lemon water flavor. Lite mouthfeel. Corporate meh, but better than most lagers I've been drinking lately in Ecuador... (165 characters)

the comercials for this beer are perfect, there is no mention of taste or flavor Yet the fact that it is cold is hyped up. This beer looks like colored seltzer,smells like corn,and tastes like water. However it is cold. (219 characters)

2.57/5  rDev +23%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

2/16/15 (Aluminum Bottle) - Hadn't had a Coor's light in a while. Wide mouth bottle, but poured into a glass. Very light colouring, with minimal aroma. Tasted OK, and it went down smooth and easy. Not a bad beer if you just want a cold drink with minimal taste and calories, but I typically seek out stronger beers with varied taste. (333 characters)

2.18/5  rDev +4.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

A: Crystal clear straw color large pillowy head

S: Classic lager smell. Grains and maybe some hay

T: Little bit of grains not much else

M: Watery but not as bad as some of the other american light beers that I have had

O: An ok beer if your planning on drinking several in one setting but there are some much better ones out there for that application (362 characters)

1.64/5  rDev -21.5%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

This is the staple of American football fans across the United States.
It is basically is a flavored water, with little flavor at that. Extremely light in taste, it almost leaves a dry aftertaste feeling.

It is sweet and easy to drink is mass amounts if that is your goal. It just amazes me that beers like this sell but the cost of entry being so low that every bum on the corner can afford to pick up a 30 brick that is probably how they have gotten to be so large.

For fun if you have anyone from Europe visit you and tell them this is the best beer we have to offer.....then smile and give them a good craft beer.

Joking aside it isn't terrible on super hot day....but then water works as well. (706 characters)

If I arched my own urine stream into my mouth it would be more pleasant than this "beer". This stuff is the enemy of craft beer. I've actually had a hick moron who was buying some of this behind me at a gas station try to tell me that I should be drinking coors. what a fag. (274 characters)

1.41/5  rDev -32.5%
look: 1.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

Very clear straw color with a poor head. Dull.
Faint aromas of grains and light caramel with floral hops. Slight fruitiness.
Faint but overwhelming taste of corn. Too bitter.
Light body with ok carbonation, drying alcohol aftertaste.
Barely drinkable and stale boring beer with no freshness. (291 characters)

2.58/5  rDev +23.4%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

Tastes like fresh spring water mixed with a tiny bit of beer. This is a great beer anytime You need to tie one on and quench your thirst such as, after hockey or while installing a privacy fence. Coors Lite tastes great on lips of a young grad student at karaoke night. Serve at your next couples dinner to prove the point that your not interested in a lot of discussion, just gettin smashed. (392 characters)

1.52/5  rDev -27.3%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.25

looks as bad as they get, piss yellow with no head

smells decent for what it is actually

tastes like the usual watery, alcoholic light beer

mouthfeel is best attribute

overall 1.25 the best cheap terrible beer (214 characters)

3.38/5  rDev +61.7%

On first sip I taste the pure a natural taste of The Rockies.. This is great!... Cold, refreshing, tastes great. As I continue to drink I think I understated my first statement and blasphemed the true king of light beers. Seriously though it's a good light beer for what it is. (279 characters)

2.41/5  rDev +15.3%

OK. A recent visitor left some of this behind. It had been years since I had one. In fact, I can't remember when I last had one as I've never been a fan of light beer. When I was young and light beers were making their first appearances, I remember a remark by a local brewer who said: If you want a light beer just throw an ice cube in a regular beer. Enough with the excuses and on to the review.
Look: poured from a can into a pint glass. Yellow gold with a thin white head that dissipated quickly.
Smell: Very faint aroma.
Taste: There is very little taste here. Nothing offensive just nothing to remember. It isn't water but it isn't far removed.
Feel: Nothing to feel.
Overall: I'm glad I didn't pay for this and I can't ever see buying it in the future. I took two or three swallows and confined the rest of it to the sink. I really wish I had had a beer with my lunch. (876 characters)

3.88/5  rDev +85.6%
look: 2 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Pours a nice golden color with thick head that quickly diminishes to less than a lace. Slightl less corn adjunct aroma than most and I sense a little malt. Surprised on the flavor, way more than most adjunct lagers, let all light her beers. Sense a little hops also. By far the best light beer I've had. (303 characters)

2.44/5  rDev +16.7%

I think some of the reviewers are overreacting about it tasting bad. Its a little tasteless and watery but its not horrible. Main reason i don't like it is because it gives me horrible heartburn some reason. Maybe the high carbonation. (235 characters)

2.25/5  rDev +7.7%

Experienced in : US
Appealing to me : being "light"
Less appealing to me : taste; good to take only when really cold

I will not drink this beer unless there are no other choices. (194 characters)

1.5/5  rDev -28.2%

Tastes like ice water with just the faintest hint of corn. Smells similar. Looks like watered down piss. Feel, water again. Overall is this beer or water, can't really tell? (173 characters)

3.75/5  rDev +79.4%

Probably one of the best cheap beers that come in a 36 pack that you can get. Crisp and light with endless gmo's that you would expect to come in acheaply mass produced American lager. makes me wanna watch those Coors light and ice cube commercials over and over again. (270 characters)

Serving Type: 341 "Rocky Mountain Certified" Bottle

A- Pours a clear, golden straw colour with 0 head. Not the most attractive beer but its quite a common sight among the adjunct lagers.

S- Very sweet, fruity aroma. Nothing about the aroma gives away the fact that this is a beer. Strikingly sweet.

T- Sweet taste. Bananas, a little lemon. Malty notes that remind me of wet bread. Nothing to overjoying to be had here.

M- Like many adjuncts, the carbonation is extremely high. Reminiscent of a soft drink. Weak body, quite close to that of water.

O- Coors Light is great for what its supposed to be; a light, practically tasteless lager. Don't fool yourself...Coors Light isn't trying to impress anyone. Its an easy drinking, non-offensive beer that practically anyone can "enjoy". While I wouldn't go out on a limb to buy this beer for myself, I certainly wouldn't turn one down if offered one ;). (906 characters)

The silver can adds to the appeal of this cheap light bear. It tastes of a chilled but lightly rusted bucket.
As a young child I remember watching The Goonies. I recall the scene where the children were served water by the villains, water with a pale rust color. I am about 90% sure that was Coors light.
I buy it from time to time; simply because it is cheap and works well for my pretend diet, as it is a "light" beer. (421 characters)

1.5/5  rDev -28.2%

Appearance: Almost clear. Two-finger head fades just like pop.
Smell: Slight hint of corn and that's it.
Taste: Horrible corn astringency only slightly hidden by the wateriness. Very little malt flavour, if any. Must be ice cold to be drinkable. Aggressive carbonation is present, but still cannot mask the horrible flavour.
Overall: As "light" as they come, but absolutely dreadful. Do yourself a favour and drink vodka with some water because that would taste way better. (474 characters)

1.25/5  rDev -40.2%

When the mountains are blue, it's time to party. That's what my ass says to the toilet before the beer shit explosion speckles my porcelain like a robin's egg. Seriously, my Clorox resigned and hit the road when it saw the damage. Thanks, Coors. My cleaning products would rather stand shivering in the cold waiting for bread rations than deal with the plague you placed upon my colon. (385 characters)

2.44/5  rDev +16.7%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

Bottle: a standard 355mL brown bottle with an equally standard silver macro label. Looks fine.

Appearance: pours out a light yellow with chunky carbonation across the profile. A puffy white head pops up and fluffs away to nothing. Virtually no lacing. Looks a bit... cheap.

Aroma: smells of grains and cereals, without any hint of hops. A pretty standard cheap mid-strength American Adjunct.

Taste: again with the standard, cheap cereals and grain. Not particularly brilliant.

Aftertaste: not much there - the flavours drop away pretty quickly.

Mouth feel: a light body with a higher carbonation. Pretty standard stuff for a lager.

Overall: so I've finally had Coors. I heard it was dreadful and have to admit that I didn't find it all that bad. The problem is that there are plenty of other mid-strength lagers for an equivalent price (AU$40 per case of 24 x 355ml), that are of far better quality. I'll just take a Carlton Mid, thanks all the same. (956 characters)

2.25/5  rDev +7.7%

The beer looks like water with a tinge of yellow. There is a faint malt aroma and malt taste with some corn mixed in. No hop presence. Though there isn't anything offensive here, there is virtually no taste. (208 characters)

2.5/5  rDev +19.6%

A: Pretty well-carbonated, but head dissipates almost immediately, very light blonde color, almost clear (2/3)
S: Light malty and alcohol aromas, maybe a little like watered-down champagne (6/12)
T: Very light fruity flavor in beginning turns into a bready middle with a little bit of sweetness--not too much flavor at all. Bread sticks with you for longer than is comfortable, I think. Becomes a kind of salty mess. (9/20)
M: Medium bubbliness and just a little bit of dryness on the finish (3/5)
O: If it’s really hot outside, I guess this beer makes a lot of sense. It was my go-to cheap beer in college, but I think it’s generally lacking in bitterness, hop character, and anything besides bread for malt. (5/10)
25/50 (730 characters)

The beer of my youth. Metallica drank this back when they were broke teenagers therefore I had to drink it too. It's terrible beer but it will get you drunk without draining your wallet. (186 characters)

3.5/5  rDev +67.5%

A lot of people on here are going to hate on this beer, but for me I like Coors light for what it is. It does not try to be different or interesting in anyway, But if I'm going to drink a wheelbarrow of it like god intended its the best for that in my opinion. So on to its taste, This is the hardest part for me it taste like water with beer flavoring, kind of like beef flavored Ramen, tastes nothing like beef but has a hind of beef flavor to it. But at the same time I have no idea why I like or keep buying maybe its the marketing, maybe its the fact that I've drank so much Pabst at this point that if I drink anymore I'll go into shock and start foaming from the mouth. but most of all its the best of the worst in my mind, bud is for Necks and southerners, and miller, I have no idea who drinks that shit other then hipsters. But for the rest of us at a sporting event or really anywhere that you need to drink 5 beers in 45 mins Coors is the beer of choice. here to Coors and here's to 'Merica!!!! (1,006 characters)

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company