Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,201 | Hads: 4,643
3.65/5  rDev +75.5%
look: 5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 5 | overall: 3.25

Great beer year round. Everything about this beer is refreshing to me. The look, taste, feel, and smell. Very bad if it's not extremely cold because I would say there's not much taste but when you need something to quench your thirst this would be it. (254 characters)

2.5/5  rDev +20.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

As mentioned in my Bud Light review, I decided to do a side by side by side review of the "Big Three" American light beers. I was actually quite surprised by Coors Light. I had never had it before, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but it actually wasn't too bad. It's still behind Bud Light however. It doesn't taste as corny as Miller Lite, which is good, because I like the rice taste a bit better than the corn taste. (424 characters)

3.16/5  rDev +51.9%

as far as commercial light beers this one is superior at 5 carbs. Doesn't taste bad, either. It's my choice for the US commercial circuit. Still leaves something to be desired though, I believe it's hops. (207 characters)

1.9/5  rDev -8.7%

Was down in Vegas when someone bought me one of these in the big bloody can that everyone seems to walk around with. Now I've had the Canadian version on many occasion, of which I am not a fan but bloody well taste like the finest champagne in comparison. This was watery and lacked any noticeable flavour especially after the first couple sips which was strange as the can was super cold to start which I can understand the flavour being held back. As it warmed up it tasted like warm dirty water.Needless to say I didn't even get half way through the can. (560 characters)

1.33/5  rDev -36.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Poured from a pitcher into a Pilsner.
A: pale yellow, little head, I suppose it would be disrespectful to say it was time to clean the fish tank.
S: undetectable, faint aroma
T: a bit unpleasant, mild, uninteresting
M: thin, slight carbonation
O: unpleasant, a bit nasty, not so bad after a few sips, I would drink this on a hot day if I was thirsty (351 characters)

2.4/5  rDev +15.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Appearance: pale straw with a fizzy white foam cap. Smell: smells like nothing – corny if anything with a little green apple Taste: crisp with apple, maybe a little corn, no hops, balanced towards the malt – what little there is. Mouthfeel: thin, light, watery, high carbonation, slight carbonic bight. (306 characters)

1.63/5  rDev -21.6%

L- looks like yellow water. Head lasted about 30 seconds.

S- Lightly scented like a lager.

T- Mostly water, some of those adjunct flavors and a very generic beer flavor.

F- Bubbly mouthfeel. Goes down easy.

O- Inoffensive and bland. Advertise anything well enough and sheeple will buy it. None of that pesky flavor to get in the way of drinkability. Eh. (367 characters)

2.53/5  rDev +21.6%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Lite gold with white top. Whisper of biscuits. Lemon water flavor. Lite mouthfeel. Corporate meh, but better than most lagers I've been drinking lately in Ecuador... (165 characters)

the comercials for this beer are perfect, there is no mention of taste or flavor Yet the fact that it is cold is hyped up. This beer looks like colored seltzer,smells like corn,and tastes like water. However it is cold. (219 characters)

2.57/5  rDev +23.6%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

2/16/15 (Aluminum Bottle) - Hadn't had a Coor's light in a while. Wide mouth bottle, but poured into a glass. Very light colouring, with minimal aroma. Tasted OK, and it went down smooth and easy. Not a bad beer if you just want a cold drink with minimal taste and calories, but I typically seek out stronger beers with varied taste. (333 characters)

2.18/5  rDev +4.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

A: Crystal clear straw color large pillowy head

S: Classic lager smell. Grains and maybe some hay

T: Little bit of grains not much else

M: Watery but not as bad as some of the other american light beers that I have had

O: An ok beer if your planning on drinking several in one setting but there are some much better ones out there for that application (362 characters)

1.64/5  rDev -21.2%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

This is the staple of American football fans across the United States.
It is basically is a flavored water, with little flavor at that. Extremely light in taste, it almost leaves a dry aftertaste feeling.

It is sweet and easy to drink is mass amounts if that is your goal. It just amazes me that beers like this sell but the cost of entry being so low that every bum on the corner can afford to pick up a 30 brick that is probably how they have gotten to be so large.

For fun if you have anyone from Europe visit you and tell them this is the best beer we have to offer.....then smile and give them a good craft beer.

Joking aside it isn't terrible on super hot day....but then water works as well. (706 characters)

If I arched my own urine stream into my mouth it would be more pleasant than this "beer". This stuff is the enemy of craft beer. I've actually had a hick moron who was buying some of this behind me at a gas station try to tell me that I should be drinking coors. what a fag. (274 characters)

1.41/5  rDev -32.2%
look: 1.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

Very clear straw color with a poor head. Dull.
Faint aromas of grains and light caramel with floral hops. Slight fruitiness.
Faint but overwhelming taste of corn. Too bitter.
Light body with ok carbonation, drying alcohol aftertaste.
Barely drinkable and stale boring beer with no freshness. (291 characters)

2.58/5  rDev +24%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

Tastes like fresh spring water mixed with a tiny bit of beer. This is a great beer anytime You need to tie one on and quench your thirst such as, after hockey or while installing a privacy fence. Coors Lite tastes great on lips of a young grad student at karaoke night. Serve at your next couples dinner to prove the point that your not interested in a lot of discussion, just gettin smashed. (392 characters)

1.52/5  rDev -26.9%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.25

looks as bad as they get, piss yellow with no head

smells decent for what it is actually

tastes like the usual watery, alcoholic light beer

mouthfeel is best attribute

overall 1.25 the best cheap terrible beer (214 characters)

3.38/5  rDev +62.5%

On first sip I taste the pure a natural taste of The Rockies.. This is great!... Cold, refreshing, tastes great. As I continue to drink I think I understated my first statement and blasphemed the true king of light beers. Seriously though it's a good light beer for what it is. (279 characters)

2.41/5  rDev +15.9%

OK. A recent visitor left some of this behind. It had been years since I had one. In fact, I can't remember when I last had one as I've never been a fan of light beer. When I was young and light beers were making their first appearances, I remember a remark by a local brewer who said: If you want a light beer just throw an ice cube in a regular beer. Enough with the excuses and on to the review.
Look: poured from a can into a pint glass. Yellow gold with a thin white head that dissipated quickly.
Smell: Very faint aroma.
Taste: There is very little taste here. Nothing offensive just nothing to remember. It isn't water but it isn't far removed.
Feel: Nothing to feel.
Overall: I'm glad I didn't pay for this and I can't ever see buying it in the future. I took two or three swallows and confined the rest of it to the sink. I really wish I had had a beer with my lunch. (876 characters)

3.88/5  rDev +86.5%
look: 2 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Pours a nice golden color with thick head that quickly diminishes to less than a lace. Slightl less corn adjunct aroma than most and I sense a little malt. Surprised on the flavor, way more than most adjunct lagers, let all light her beers. Sense a little hops also. By far the best light beer I've had. (303 characters)

2.44/5  rDev +17.3%

I think some of the reviewers are overreacting about it tasting bad. Its a little tasteless and watery but its not horrible. Main reason i don't like it is because it gives me horrible heartburn some reason. Maybe the high carbonation. (235 characters)

2.25/5  rDev +8.2%

Experienced in : US
Appealing to me : being "light"
Less appealing to me : taste; good to take only when really cold

I will not drink this beer unless there are no other choices. (194 characters)

1.5/5  rDev -27.9%

Tastes like ice water with just the faintest hint of corn. Smells similar. Looks like watered down piss. Feel, water again. Overall is this beer or water, can't really tell? (173 characters)

3.75/5  rDev +80.3%

Probably one of the best cheap beers that come in a 36 pack that you can get. Crisp and light with endless gmo's that you would expect to come in acheaply mass produced American lager. makes me wanna watch those Coors light and ice cube commercials over and over again. (270 characters)

Serving Type: 341 "Rocky Mountain Certified" Bottle

A- Pours a clear, golden straw colour with 0 head. Not the most attractive beer but its quite a common sight among the adjunct lagers.

S- Very sweet, fruity aroma. Nothing about the aroma gives away the fact that this is a beer. Strikingly sweet.

T- Sweet taste. Bananas, a little lemon. Malty notes that remind me of wet bread. Nothing to overjoying to be had here.

M- Like many adjuncts, the carbonation is extremely high. Reminiscent of a soft drink. Weak body, quite close to that of water.

O- Coors Light is great for what its supposed to be; a light, practically tasteless lager. Don't fool yourself...Coors Light isn't trying to impress anyone. Its an easy drinking, non-offensive beer that practically anyone can "enjoy". While I wouldn't go out on a limb to buy this beer for myself, I certainly wouldn't turn one down if offered one ;). (906 characters)

The silver can adds to the appeal of this cheap light bear. It tastes of a chilled but lightly rusted bucket.
As a young child I remember watching The Goonies. I recall the scene where the children were served water by the villains, water with a pale rust color. I am about 90% sure that was Coors light.
I buy it from time to time; simply because it is cheap and works well for my pretend diet, as it is a "light" beer. (421 characters)

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company