1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors LightCoors Light

awful

awful

rAvg: 2

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
Ratings: 3,360 | Reviews: 1,114 | Show All Ratings:
CFHMagnet

2.58/5  rDev +29%

Reviewed from notes taken 8-29-13.

I poured a finger of white head, and nearly instantly it was gone. The body looked to be a golden-urine color.

The beer smelled faintly of adjunct. I also got buttery crackers with slight grass hints.

I tasted sweet malt/adjunct up front. Sweet grass and the buttery crackers followed closely.

The beer was light bodied. It was very refreshing, the picture of a lawnmower beer. I left no film and finished sweet.

09-02-2013 21:24:29 | More by CFHMagnet
jgm038

2.33/5  rDev +16.5%

I like to think of beers as what they are.

I grew up around racing. I don't mean fancy f1 or Indy or anything like that.I mean circle track, dirt track, NASCAR type tracing. My family has always owned and raced cars. I don't know if it was because Coors was a big sponsor at a local track - but if you were working on the car on a Tuesday night - you were drinking Coors lights.

Appearance - if you're drinking out of a glass - it's pretty bad. You know how Budweiser has that dark yellow color when poured? Imagine half as dark.

mouth fell - not bad but I believe this is partly because of the good amount of carbonation added.

Taste - well to be honest - it really doesn't taste all that special. You can tell the major ingredients are things like corn, wheat And rice. But when you're working on a car for several hours, or just done mowing your lawn on a hit day, or working in the house for a while..its not the Stone 2013 Imperial Russian Stout you want, but the Coors light that hits the spot.

Conclusion - what I'm really trying to say - Coors light is good when you just finished doing some work - especially on a warm day. According to the can it has 107 calories and 3.7% alcohol - something else that may appeal to you. While there may be sometimes I reach for an Old Rasputin or Dogfish Head 90.. Coors light also has it's place.

09-01-2013 06:56:34 | More by jgm038
lindsaylandeen

1.01/5  rDev -49.5%

I was in Golden so of course I had to go! Well, its been a while since I had a coors light, I remember a soapy taste. Well, this time it was very watery. It didn't taste like much and there was no aroma. The overall what no so good but I knew what I was getting myself into.

08-22-2013 20:10:15 | More by lindsaylandeen
time01

1.04/5  rDev -48%

Lets just say if I go out with people and they order a Coors Light They go down a notch in my book. I was glad to have one of these beers when I was 16 but it truly is just terrible.
It tastes like urine and smells horrible, the aftertaste makes me want to gag.

08-22-2013 15:28:00 | More by time01
yeastlovehoppiness_greg

Iowa

1.93/5  rDev -3.5%

I like the bottles. They have fun blue stuff on them to play with. Not sure how always being cold makes it any better since it sits in grocery store backrooms where it is not cold. It has a light yellow appearance and is fizzy. doesn't have a lot of smell, except slightly skunky. Smooth until aftertaste. Then it just turns bad.

08-21-2013 02:12:22 | More by yeastlovehoppiness_greg
bradb717

1.88/5  rDev -6%

A very sad beer. Reminds me of college. Like trying to get a buzz off Aquafina.
Pours ok I guess for a light beer.
Almost no head.
Very little aroma.
Feel is very watery with minor notes of beer flavor.
This is truly cattle fodder for the masses.
Not really a beer drinker's beer, unless you're my dad and put down like 30 a day...
Poor guy.

08-20-2013 18:17:50 | More by bradb717
Aaron_Ramson

2.55/5  rDev +27.5%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

Poured from draft into a plastic cup at a local music club. Pale straw in appearance with a soapy head that dissapates quickly but still maintains a small layer of bubbles on the surface of the cup. Aroma is tangy, metallic, lightly sweet vegetable, lightly grainy. No discernible aroma of hops whatsoever. Flavor follows nose with a tangy, sour metallic flavor dominating; hard to pinpoint any real descriptive flavors or anything that is close to cereal grains or hops. Mouthfeel is very thin but thicker than water, and the carbonation is lighter than it's canned counterpart. Not sure if this is a good example of a light American lager or not. It is a different drink entirely than what i would consider a "real beer", but I'm trying to be as unbiased as possible. It's certainly quaffable as a thirst quenching alcoholic beverage, but the enjoyment that comes from drinking an ale or lager made with flavor and craftsmanship cannot be obtained by consuming a Coors light. Zero complexity and negligible flavor.

08-17-2013 04:07:12 | More by Aaron_Ramson
Andrew041180

2.28/5  rDev +14%

A - Arrived with no head (in a frozen mug). Once the frost cleared, there was very limited visible carbonation. The beer itself was a crystal clear pale straw color. No retention. No lacing.

S - Not much to speak of. Maybe a mild sweetness.

T - Sweet. Almost no hop presence at all. Maybe none period. The sweetness is difficult to describe. Not very pleasant.

M - Water. With some astringency.

O - Not sure how this beer became as popular as it is. Redeeming characteristic is a price point close to soda. I ordered it as an experiment to see if I still found this beer to be a refreshing, inoffensive beverage. I did not find this enjoyable to drink. Would order water next time.

08-04-2013 01:35:56 | More by Andrew041180
JuicesFlowing

Kansas

1.36/5  rDev -32%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

Poured into a shaker pint glass.

Look: Light straw yellow, so light it barely looks like beer. Fizzy white head that recedes to nothing with no lacing.

Aroma: Sweet adjuncts such as rice or corn barely come through.

Taste: Metallic, watery, no perceptible beer ingredients.

Mouthfeel: Watery, metallic, carbonated.

Overall: Really not very tasteful. The most metallic tasting adjunct lager I've had.

07-27-2013 12:25:49 | More by JuicesFlowing
Libationguy

Nevada

1.88/5  rDev -6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2

Brilliant light straw color with a thin, bright white head. No head retention.

Corn chips, cabbage, canned corn and slightly fruity underneath it all.

Cardboard, burnt sugar, cooked cabbage, canned corn.

Medium- body with a clean short finish.

I just don't understand.

07-23-2013 23:36:40 | More by Libationguy
zombiecrat

Nebraska

2.8/5  rDev +40%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 2.75

A: Drank from a can but I've seen it before. Nothing special.

S: Metallic corn water.

T: Cold crisp corn without much hoppiness.

M: Very crisp and no sticking to the tongue. Perfect for a hot day.

O: You get what you pay for. Cheap, easy drinking, refreshing beer water. If that's what you went in expecting then you'll be happy like me:) The new double vented can does allow for easier chugging!

07-23-2013 04:27:01 | More by zombiecrat
biegaman

Ontario (Canada)

1.91/5  rDev -4.5%

Coors Light is so void of malt that it barely has any colour; almost entirely without hue at some angles, this beer looks 'light' alright! It looks like ginger-ale only fairer. It is no surprise either that such an emaciated beer - despite having carbonation injected into it - can't retain a head.

There's a reason Coors insists their beer is "cold certified" before you attempt to drink it - it's to diminish how much of the product you can actually smell and taste. Lower temperatures, not to mention drinking straight from the can or bottle, severely truncate the ability to recognize a beer's flavours. Normally that's for worse, though in this case it may be for better...

The use of corn syrup and rice starch and who knows what kinds of adjuncts and preservatives don't make for an overly appealing lager - if they did the Germans would have passed a law *in favor* of them! Where any flavour is noted in this insipid lager it tastes of corn grits or Wonderbread. The aftertaste is fairly cloying and flaunts adjuncts in all their glory.

I once heard a wise man say that 'whatever beer you like, then that is good beer'. But I confess that if I were a psychiatrist and a patient told me this was their favourite beer I'd diagnose them crazy. Not because they liked it - but because they believed it to be beer! The inclusion of barley, yeast and (imperceptible) hops may *technically* make this beer, but I feel there's enough excluded (i.e., every characteristic of an actual beer) to disqualify that claim.

Big companies don’t win by making great products. Big companies win by sucking less than other big companies. True, there's worse out there, but this is still an awful lager. If I can't enjoy Coors Light in a tiny, stuffy, non-air-conditioned second-floor bedroom in the midst of a mid-summer heatwave after moving heavy furniture... then there's no chance I ever will.

07-18-2013 03:12:57 | More by biegaman
DeFaz

1.75/5  rDev -12.5%

Claiming to be a slight step up from the other famous macro beers, this really just doesn't impress at all. It's way too watery, and the flavor profile is limited to corn and just a touch of hops and malt, mostly from adjuncts. Yes, this will go down fast (if you can stand the smell and taste), but in the end it's just another very light beer. Good for frat parties but bad for those who are looking for a quality brew. Spend another two bucks per six pack and you can treat yourself to a decent beer.

07-16-2013 00:20:37 | More by DeFaz
trombley49

2.61/5  rDev +30.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

Its my go to beer when I am at a place that only serves big name beers. This is not a great beer by any means but an okay beer at a concert or sporting event. I buy this beer when i have to share with friends. I enjoy the fact that the mountains turn blue if the beer is cold.

07-15-2013 12:55:53 | More by trombley49
BrentBeer1169

Maryland

My favorite Beer. Perfect, goes down smooth, perfect cold. Awesome taste. Doesn't make stomach upset. My favorite beer hands down!!!! The wide mouth makes every sip enjoyable.

Cans are just as good as the bottles. Obviously the cans are cheaper but the bottles are a great price as well!

When the mountains are blue, its Time to drink!!!

07-08-2013 23:11:11 | More by BrentBeer1169
metter98

1.99/5  rDev -0.5%

A: The beer is crystal clear light straw yellow in color and has a moderate amount of visible carbonation. It poured with a finger high bright white head that quickly died down, consistently leaving a thin layer of bubbles covering the surface and a narrow collar around the edge of the glass.
S: Light aromas of adjunct malts are present in the nose—corn seems to stand out in particular.
T: Similar to the smell, light flavors of corn adjuncts dominate the overall taste. Neither hop flavors nor associated bitterness are perceptible, although there's just enough in the way of underlying hops to counteract any sweetness from the malts.
M: It feels light-bodied and a little watery on the palate with a moderate amount of carbonation.
O: This beer goes down easily but then again it mostly tastes like corn-flavored water.

07-07-2013 21:19:34 | More by metter98
Michael_DaBeers_IV

3.49/5  rDev +74.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

My favorite light beer/cheap beer. Great for bbq's and long days of drinking binges. Also good for drinking games. I definitely prefer Coors to Bud. Also, in my opinion, the best 30 pack you can buy.. i.e. Rolling Rock, Miller, Bud, Natty, Keystone, etc. Well priced and always reliable: the World's Most Refreshing Beer (The Silver Bullet)! Good for wizard staffing too because the cans are generally taller/thinner then the average can, so you can become a wise wizard faster! (stack cans until it's as tall as you, and you have become the wise wizard).

07-03-2013 20:14:43 | More by Michael_DaBeers_IV
ThePaintedGrey

1.94/5  rDev -3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

A: Piss-like golden-yellow with a frothy off-white (kind of cream colored) head that fades into a paper thin film within 30 - 45 seconds. Very soda-like. No traces of lacing anywhere. I legitimately frowned looking down at this one in my glass.

S: I had an incredibly difficult time picking up anything here... A very watered-down sweet grain/cereal scent. No hops to be found in the nose. Coors isn't exactly offensive in this category... But, then again, it's kind of hard to be offensive when it smells dangerously close to nothing at all.

T: This is probably the high point of Coors Light, which isn't saying much at all. A very watery sweet grain flavor is about all I detect in this one. I didn't catch any of the hop bitterness anywhere. Starts out sweet and watery; finishes sweet and watery. "Hey, who spilled some beer in my sugar water?" Pretty much sums this one up.

M: Tight, soda-like carbonation. Thin, water-like body. Carbonation weakens as the beer warms.

O: I hate being harsh, but it's rather unavoidable here... I suppose it's not too offensive, considering its almost non-existent flavor is better than a horrid flavor... Even still, don't bother with this one unless it's ice-cold on a summer day and you're desperate for an alcoholic refreshment.

Note: Becomes a drain-pour if it's served any warmer than ice-cold.

06-30-2013 06:00:51 | More by ThePaintedGrey
Diane_Brew

Ontario (Canada)

2.78/5  rDev +39%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 2.75

A: Fine looking beer. Not enough head.

S: Not much hops.

T: Not much taste. It's a beer for the masses. Church masses. Gawd bless 'merica.

M: Nice effervescence.

O: Safe, bland, flavorless, gassy, nice colour, easy to drink, yawn.

Hey Val, your life is kinda lame.

06-29-2013 01:52:17 | More by Diane_Brew
DrewsBrews450

2.86/5  rDev +43%

I'm gonna rate this beer as light beer the way it should be. If you rate this beer against other types or styles of beers your in idiot. As light beer compared to the other two its very very light with a watery look, very pale even more then bud and miller. The head foams and goes away like most light beers with no to little head left. The smell is a little sweetness, corn or some mix of veggies. The taste is a little sweet up front with the corn and veggie mix coming through midway, ending in a little bitterness maybe from the hops haha. Bud light and miller are sweeter, this is a little more tame on the sweetness and has a little bitter bite on the back end that makes me like it better then b/m. The mouthfeel along with the taste are water of course right, it is light beer. I mean this beer is still beer enough for me to enjoy it at a party, bbq, beach. I don't care how much people hate this shit or say its not craft beer I can't drink it, ill drink this any day on a beach or just simply throwing back cans with friends. Other then that though ill take some good beer to enjoy around the house hanging with the girl

06-22-2013 00:42:16 | More by DrewsBrews450
EricThompsono

Strictly a "I made some bad life choices and now Im broke as shit" beer. If this is your beer of choice then you either need to hang out with people who drink good beer or just quit drinking all together. If your over the age of concent there is no valid excuse for this beer being in your refrigerator.

06-21-2013 22:33:19 | More by EricThompsono
FLima

Brazil

2.74/5  rDev +37%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

This beer brings me a lot of memories, it was back 20 years ago my favorite session beer.
Refreshing aroma of vanilla lemon.
Light golden color with a thin head with low retention.
Very crisp flavor, probably uses more rice than corn as an adjunct once you don't get much of the usual annoying cardboard. Hints of pine and flowers, its best quality.
Mildly dry with a refreshing aftertaste.
Watery body with medium carbonation.
Really a thirst quencher, given its body is too light. But it has no off-flavors as most adjunct lagers. I would like to see a premium version of this, more malty and quadruplicating its hops with the same yeast.

06-21-2013 22:26:23 | More by FLima
guityler83

Wisconsin

2.71/5  rDev +35.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

A: I was assured the bottle I was about to consume was not only cold, but Super Cold indicated by the snowy rocky peaks on the front of the bottle. Since this was the case, I immediatly poured it into a pint glass aggresively so as not to miss out on the super coldness. Doing this I was greated by a four finger head that fell quickly allowing me to pour the rest of the beer into the glass. The body was a straw yellow color, a shade lighter than a baby chick.

S: While I would normally use my sence of smell to determine if the beer was cold the visual indicator took my attention away from the temperature and more towards the corn like scent and mineral like vibe of the beer.

T: A subtle taste of corn sweetness and a musty foot like vibe.

M: Crisp and cleeeeann. High Carbonation and low low body.

O: Of the light lagers this one is probably my prefered. Super clean and crisp but drink it cold in the bottle.

06-18-2013 02:25:42 | More by guityler83
jimmah120

1.73/5  rDev -13.5%

16oz can with no date. this ____ is cold as the rockies, son!

look is light, clear, gold. smell is sweet, salty, and metallic. taste is light carbonated water with a small amount of sugar and metallic corn flavor. feel is light and cloying, heavily carbonated.

ice cold on a hot day, maybe

06-17-2013 04:51:34 | More by jimmah120
Lorenzai_Konstantinov

2.65/5  rDev +32.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

For the longest time I avoided this stuff, I always had it at frat houses and other less than stellar places. It has recently in the past 6 months become one of my favorite adjuncts though and I'll tell you why.

Lets take a second and be honest with ourselves, this beer is not meant to be poured from the can into a glass. I did so for review purposes however and it is a pale yellow color, as almost all adjunct lagers are.
The nose of this beer is very strange, it has a kind of corn / syrupy smell, with no hops detectable what so ever.
The taste of this beer when cold is actually pretty good! It has a very watery almost alka seltzer feel in the mouth, but the taste is light and refreshing with most of the taste being cereal grains. It has more flavor than the weird taste of bud-light. The after taste makes me think of Cheerios.

My overall impression of this beer is this, it is a beer brewed to serve a purpose and I think that it does exactly what it was intended to do. It's not a beer for complex analysis, you won't be drinking this wondering what those hops were or what the malt used was. But it is refreshing and when served cold as recommended it can hit the spot if it's what you were after. It's simple and not offensive, and sometimes that's good enough. Although there are many beers I would consider better I can't say that there's anything inherently wrong with this one.

06-16-2013 19:02:22 | More by Lorenzai_Konstantinov