Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

rAvg: 2
Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
ghetto90007

1.63/5  rDev -18.5%

Before I start this review - I call bull on the guy who claims he had Coors Light on NITRO-TAP. But that is a hilarious idea and something I might add to the bucket list.

"Try Coors Light on Nitro-Tap"

Another in what looks like it will be a series of bad beer reviews based on grabbing a brew out of my firm's office fridge from a recent party's leftovers. Last night I reached for a Guinness, which I felt was their best offering. Tonight, I looked for the worst thing in the fridge and there were those blue mountains letting me know that my brew is cold as the Rockies. Drink this one cold - as close to freezing as you can. Numb your palate and mask over the sheer nothingness of this beer.

Pours a shockingly light straw color. Foamy white head, macro bubbles like bubble bath. They all disappear hella fast and there is absolutely no lacing - not even a trace.

There is not really much smell. I accidentally stuck my nose in the liquid trying to get a decent whiff.

Unfortunately, even shoving my schnauss into this chilled urine didn't add much flavor to it. I seriously think I could make you Coors Light using the following recipe.

This recipe yields a 6-pack of Coors light.

-6 empty beer bottles
-1 12 oz. can Heineken
-1 liter grocery store brand club soda

Drink half of the Heineken, then distribute the remainder across the six bottles evenly. Top off with club soda.

Seriously, that's the taste. Club soda with a touch of beer. Fortunately for me, I actually like drinking club soda for the burp-inducing, nose tingling carbonation. I usually order club soda at bars and restaurants that only carry beers like Coors Light. Maybe I'll order a Coors Light next time. Or better yet, I'll see how much they'll charge me for a club soda with a dash of beer.

Mouthfeel gives you that crisp bite, which I suppose so many rednecks call refreshing. That said, I don't know if I should call this beer carbonated or flat for lack of bubbles.

All in all, if I were in the deep South, standing next to my broken down vehicle on a hot and humid July day, a cooler full of these would be a real welcome sight and would seem downright apropos. Just make sure those danged mountains are blue.

03-30-2011 03:19:07 | More by ghetto90007
cutlaz

Connecticut

1.9/5  rDev -5%

This beer is good for drinking as much of it as possible, as fast as possible, and not caring if you spill a whole hell of a lot of it... beer pong. that is it.

Looks like dirty club soda...

Tastes like a soapy vodka-tonic with wheat waved over it...

and it honestly doesn't really smell like anything unless you spill it on a hot sunny day.

03-23-2011 02:33:55 | More by cutlaz
ncbeermonger

1.73/5  rDev -13.5%

This can is cold, the blue mountains told me so

The beer pours a poor light yellowish

It smells pretty average

The taste is , well average to say the most

The mouthfeel is not pleasant nor what I expect from a beer. It is light, water like, and thin.

Not impressed, Id have to be either super thirsty, or out of beer, and water to have the other one in my fridge

03-20-2011 20:13:00 | More by ncbeermonger
FosterJM

1.95/5  rDev -2.5%

328th review on BA
can to pint
12oz can

Was at a family party tonight and I didnt feel like taking a 750 or a couple twelves with me, so decided to bite the bullet and just not be the beer geek of the family for one night, bad idea, I did however go in the house and get a glass to pour the beer into.

App- Very clear yellow with an actual one finger head. Was suprised it poured so nice out of a can.

Smell- I got really nothing, it didnt smell bad there just wasnt anything to really take it, some regular AAL lightness?

Taste- Its again super cold so no real flavor comes out in the beer. Its hard to rate it higher than this when its just water diluted with some corn product to resemble a beer.

Mouth- Light bodied and high carb. A bit of corn after taste.

Drink- I shouldn't have bitten the bullet. It was just flavorless. No real reason to have one of these other than to say you are drinking a beer. No fullness on the drink, no real flavor.

03-20-2011 06:04:00 | More by FosterJM
psuKinger

2.13/5  rDev +6.5%

My first review of one of the "Big 3's" offerings. Can poured into a standard curved rim pint glass. This is my favorite go-to beer when I'm mowing the lawn. It would therefore probably score higher if I had waited for a hot summer day to review, but that seems dishonest. The beer should stand on its own merits, without help from the environment, and from gallons of experience with this beer I already know ahead of time this guy doesn't.

A: Pours a fizzy-light yellow color that I don't care for. I know it's SUPPOSED to look that way, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

It did pour an impressively large white head, more than a fingers worth... but it dissipated quickly.

S: Watered down corn and sugar. Very muted. This beer has virtually no scent.

T: And on the first sip it's... distinctly Coors Light. What is there to say? It's watery, fizzy, and sweeter than it should be. On the positives, Coors light never tastes as overly-malty-sweet as, for example, LaBatt Blue Light does. But that's not setting the bar very high.

M: Light. Smooth. A very mild sweetness on the aftertaste, but nothing that could be defined as a "tongue coating".

D: It's low ABV and high water-content allows you to slug back a whole lot of these in one evening... but the lack of flavor, in any form, means that I only choose to when the temperature rises above 90. This beer has it's place in my fridge... that place is waaay in the back, available for consumption after mowing the lawn, and a cheap option to provide for guests who would honestly prefer this over an IPA or a Stout anyway. For those reasons, and those reasons alone, it isn't a complete and utter failure.

03-18-2011 14:12:52 | More by psuKinger
Swedes21

Ontario (Canada)

2.25/5  rDev +12.5%

Appearance - pours an extremely clear ale, some carbonation, head is minimal and not lasting. there is a slight about of lacing.

Smell - im not getting much here, very faint and light fair. its almost like i can smell water.

taste - one word to describe the taste, refreshing. I find the water comes through the most, very light fair.

mouthfeel - nothing added here, maybe a slight bitterness, but you gotta go looking for it. nothing impressive.

overall - i enjoy this beer, find it easy to drink and a refreshing taste. i dont however think this is a beer beer, its a easy drink.

03-16-2011 20:02:04 | More by Swedes21
Scribbles

2.15/5  rDev +7.5%

Presentation: Bottle with color-change label. It reminds me of color changing toys from my childhood.

Appearance: Clear yellow, no much real head.

Smell: Very little, sweet malty smell, hardly any hops.

Taste: Sweet malty with a little hops, lacks much in the way of taste

Feel: Easy to drink, malty-smooth, with decent carbonation. Nothing particularly interesting.

Drinkability: Easy to drink more than one of, if only because theres little flavor, bubbly slightly sweet.

03-16-2011 07:30:26 | More by Scribbles
thatlongname

1.85/5  rDev -7.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

Appearance: Golden, clear. Not much head, little lacing.

Smell: Faint hops, slight metallic smell. (I poured it out of the can)

Taste: Taste pretty metallic to me. Faint hops that linger. There's something citrusy but not in a good way. Kind of nauseating really.

Mouthfeel: Light body, medium carbonation.

Drinkability: I'm finding it hard to finish this beer. This is a little sad.

03-15-2011 20:27:10 | More by thatlongname
Slatetank

2.33/5  rDev +16.5%

I had this on tap at Outback Steakhouse in York, PA. Served very cold in a mug.

The beer came with some condensation on the glass, but not a frosted glass so it must be served very, very cold. The color is very light golden and is clear with a head of snowy white that falls to a ring of beading. There is no lace left on the glass. The smell is so faint at first because it is cold, but as it gradually warms a slight cereal odor develops, sweet and soft mainly -minimal aroma though. The feel is very thin and highly carbonated, but it does have a refreshing quality which helped with the oversalted food but more of a palate refresher with slightly seltzer-like feel.

The taste while very bland has no obvious flaws so it is ok for what it is -and it is crisp with slight adjunct flavor giving a mild sweet effect and it finishes clean without any hop flavor or real malt to speak of. The drinkability is not great, I would not order this normally since it really lacks much in the way of 'beer' flavor, simply comes off as a fizzy soda-like malt beverage or a palate cleanser. I do think it fits within the style ok, but generally I would avoid this unless light lagers are your thing.

03-07-2011 17:08:11 | More by Slatetank
ZenAgnostic

2.15/5  rDev +7.5%

Appearance - Piss straw body, visible carbonation. Pours a white half-finger head that dissipates quickly.

Smell - Hardly any to speak of. Very weak corn smell. No hopiness, but it's an AAL, wtf.

Taste - Super weak musky corn with a bit of a stale, very slight metallic aftertaste. Dull as hell, but not offensive. There's not enough in this beer to be offensive.

Mouthfeel - Not enough carbonation. A little to full. Feels flat even though it's not.

Drinkability - Average. What else can I say? Saying this beer has bad drinkability is like saying water has bad drinkability.

03-07-2011 06:24:13 | More by ZenAgnostic
djaeon

1.63/5  rDev -18.5%

A: Pours a VERY pale crystal clear yellow. The only head is from CO2, and it dissipates immediately after the pour stops. Leaves no lacing.

S: VERY light malt & straw aroma. I can barely smell it, even when right up next to my nose.
Edit: I just had to come back and add one last thing about the aroma. After finishing the glass, it leaves an odd stinky feet aroma lingering in the glass.

T: As above, extremely light malt & straw flavor.

M: It feels like I'm drinking carbonated water.

D: It's like drinking water that has stuff in it that's not supposed to be there.

My final impression: What's the point in drinking this? It's a beer for people who don't like beer, but want something cheap with alcohol in it.

03-03-2011 01:49:13 | More by djaeon
BierFan

3.18/5  rDev +59%

Poured from a 12 ounce can into a pint glass. Freshness date on the bottom says it's good until May 2nd, 2011.

Crystal clear and very pale yellow. It had a nice head after the initial pour but it drops to almost nothing after a minute or so. Looks weak. Very clean and somewhat fruity aroma. Smells weak. Tastes much like it smells. Imagine a pilsener had all traces of hops removed from it before having adult relations with a bucket of water. This beer would be the result of such a union.

03-01-2011 09:13:46 | More by BierFan
DesMoinesMike

Iowa

3.38/5  rDev +69%

I got a tall boy of this at Baconfest 2011 because it was either this or something worse. It's not bad for the style.
It's the typical lager gold color. The aroma has a bit of wheat and not much else. The taste, light wheat and corn, but not much of them. It goes down super easy and finishes clean. The body is typical for the style. For a light lager it's decent but for the typical beer geek there's plenty of brews out there that would be more satisfying. In short, it's light and thin, but clean.

02-27-2011 23:01:06 | More by DesMoinesMike
ehammond1

1.65/5  rDev -17.5%

Can

A very light straw color. Huge foaming white head that falls away quickly. The bubbles in the head appear as if they're actually in a race to see who can "die" sooner. Leaves no lacing down the glass whatsoever.

I can't smell much in the nose at all, but what's there isn't good; this almost smells foul. I'm just glad the aroma is a faint one. Smells a bit like old corn and a touch of plastic.

Tastes like tonic water with a hint of some sort of grain.

The mouthfeel is similar to water, and I no longer want to drink this.

<<Pouring down drain now>>

02-27-2011 21:22:15 | More by ehammond1
hdf561

4.05/5  rDev +102.5%

This beer is an American Light beer and I review it as such.

To me drinkability is one of the biggest things that is important, I like beer and I like to be able to drink more than 1 without feeling full.

Coors Light never dissapoints, always has a great taste and is very drinkable. It is my go to beer for events, tailgating, parties, or just grilling on a hot summer day.

A great beer, however beer snobs should avoid.

02-20-2011 19:57:08 | More by hdf561
thebierbrewery

Indiana

3.2/5  rDev +60%

A- Light yellow, brilliantly clear, no head retention

S- Rice, slight corn smell

T- Crisp, clean, refreshing like the mountains of Colorado

M- Thin, highly carbonated

D- In the summer, on a boat, on the lake, in 90 degree/98 percent humidity- drinkable

02-18-2011 01:17:46 | More by thebierbrewery
jdspears41

Kentucky

3.6/5  rDev +80%

This is one of my favorite Its the most drinkable one out of all the American light beers. This beer tastes much better out of the tap than the bottle or can. The thing that stands out most is the great taste,and the thing that I dislike the most is there is no smell and the color is similar to water. Overall a very good beer and I recommend this beer on a hot day while watching a baseball game.

02-17-2011 19:32:45 | More by jdspears41
brunrn1

2.95/5  rDev +47.5%

Water please? This is such a watered down beer, flavorless. My wife drinks this and prefers it from the bottle. If I had to choose to drink this it would be from tap only. This would be the last choice of beers to drink. Besides schlitz lol. I dont want to seem like im ripping it apart but this is not a beer to sit down and drink over and over again.

02-17-2011 17:46:49 | More by brunrn1
JohnnyS17

Maryland

1.5/5  rDev -25%

Drank from a pint glass.

Let me start off by saying that Coors Light is my least favorite of all the popular American lights. So there is some bias there, but judging by the D overall for this beer, I see I'm not alone.

A - I got about a thumb thickness of head that immediately dissipated after sipping the beer. I haven't seen it since. The beer is ghostly clear with light carbonation. I would mistake it for an apple juice, but the apple juice is probably too dark.

S - I think I can smell a light banana smell, but otherwise not much.

T - Very carbonated, which is not coupled with much taste. Grain would be the biggest taste.

M - Tingly with a super light body and dry. Its kind of exactly like carbonated water.

D - If I was still in college this would get a high rating on drinkability because it gets you drunk for cheap and its not very filling. However, I'm not anymore. I would never drink this beer.

02-16-2011 00:44:27 | More by JohnnyS17
SebD

Ontario (Canada)

2.03/5  rDev +1.5%

Appearance: : It has a light clear yellow colour to it. It has a white head that dies down fast and has absolutely no lacing.

Smell: The aromas give out minor hints of grassy notes but nothing else.

Taste: Like the aromas, it has a grassy/grainy taste to it but it is really watered down.

Mouthfeel: It has a high carbonation but leaves your mouth dry. It's almost comparable to carbonated water.

Drinkability: It's a smooth beer but it is way to watered down. Perfect if your just looking to get drunk but even there, it's gonna take you alot of these.

02-11-2011 04:08:59 | More by SebD
stewart124

2.23/5  rDev +11.5%

Yum...frost brewed. Kidding

Very pale yellow color with plenty of visible carbonation.

Good amount of straw in the nose with no noticable hops. Some grape notes in the smell.

Plenty of grain and bread in the overall taste that finishes dry and with little to no hops.

Little body and very little hop bite. Zero aftertaste but I think that is the point.

02-07-2011 17:51:18 | More by stewart124
assmandugle

2.83/5  rDev +41.5%

Bought it in a bottle and poured it into a pint glass. Old faithful is what a lot call it. Its my safety beer everyone drinks it nobody hates it except the NRA haha. It pours a very light yellow color. It smells alcoholic. Its the average persons beer. It goes down really smooth and is very drinkable. It leaves the palate of a person who has drank "craft" beers looking for more but is very refreshing after cutting the grass/ while cutting the grass. Easiest beer to drink.

02-06-2011 06:46:32 | More by assmandugle
richkrull

Wisconsin

Found this one in my fridge so I figured it's about time I reviewed it.

Pours a very very pale yellow color. It's actually even more pale than I thought it was. Bit of an alcohol smell to it. Pretty weak taste, not a lot of flavor. Not a bad taste, but it leaves a bit to be desired. Smooth drinking beer. This beer is probably best consumed in quantity.

02-05-2011 22:44:37 | More by richkrull
HopMasterFlex

What can I say about old faithful...

In a world of beer pong and tailgates where you'll drink a million beers over the course of 5 hours the Silver Bullet is the true King of Beers. It's never ending ability to provide small doses of alcohol in between good beers when you are getting piss yourself drunk is second to none. A little pricey for what you get, it should cost no more than natural ice but we are slaves to ad costs. Whether it is for a beer bong or a keg cup Coors light is the choice of Champions. Just don't think you are going to be savoring the last drops of this one.

02-04-2011 19:29:51 | More by HopMasterFlex
mattkoon

South Carolina

3.3/5  rDev +65%

"the silver bullet" good for 2 things, killin warewolves and pounding until you cant stand up. i like to take coors light tailgating because i can drink these things like water when im in a pinch for time. the taste is bland, not much flavor here so you dont mind it when it dribbles down you chin onto your shirt and then onto the ground. i have a late cousin that drank this religiously so ill crack one open in memory of him sometimes. all usefullness aside there's nothing special about coors light. i must say though when its ice cold i have been know to drink these like a bastard.

01-30-2011 15:15:21 | More by mattkoon