Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

rAvg: 2
Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
OtherShoe2

2.03/5  rDev +1.5%

Pours very pale clear yellow with white fizz head that is gone instantly. No bubbles rising, no lacing. If it had some carbonation and a slight more head retention, I'd give it a fair pass -- but just can't in this case.

Light malt aroma with mineral/metallic edge. Maybe some grain, but weak.

This was a very hot day, so thirst may have even increased the rating here. Watery to start, with light malt/beer-like presence. Some cereal notes and light bitterness finishing lightly sour as the palate clears. But, this was also ice cold and it disappeared fast. Not that it was highly drinkable, just that it was cold and wet. Not enough carbonation, and super thin body.

People actually knock these back by the dozen on cold winter nights. Wow. Nothing really here. Better than Bud Light, and maybe on par with Miller Light. Was offered and politely accepted, but would never chase his down.

07-06-2010 00:41:52 | More by OtherShoe2
cheesepuffs

Connecticut

2.88/5  rDev +44%

From what I've heard about this beer, it actually had more flavor than I was expecting. Not stunning flavor, but flavor nonetheless. I'm not sure what anyone that's reading a review for Coors Light would expect, but it's just another light beer in the crowd. It's a bit more bitter than Bud Light but I like it. *Everyone* drinks Bud Light so Coors seems kind of refreshing in a way. Overall, I'd say it's decent for this category but not overwhelmingly good. Pretty watery, moderately carbonated and easy to drink. A good beer to buy in bulk for a party or BBQ but that's about it.

07-04-2010 05:59:38 | More by cheesepuffs
sluggermatt15

1.73/5  rDev -13.5%

A- Poured a straw yellow out of a can with a foamy head and medium carbonation. Looks like your typical light beer.

S- Bitter grains, some alcohol, bread, barley.

T- Very watery just like the good majority of all light beers. Alcohol content is rather low and takes a back seat to the watery taste of this beer.

M- Medium carbonation makes this beer score a low mouthfeel.

D- Drinkable to an extent, basically one of those party / cookout beers. High drinkability and cheap price tag. I could probably drink half a case and still not feel drunk.

06-27-2010 01:26:59 | More by sluggermatt15
lovindahops

2.4/5  rDev +20%

figured why not... the girlfriend's family will only drink this, so there you go. Ugh

A- pale straw yellow. There was a head,but then it disappeared. Just a light look for a brew

S- a light malt with virtually no hops. Some standard rice and cereal scents are the most apparent

T- a light, watery flavor that has a sight malt preesenc in the taste. A tad dry and maybe a small bit of fruit? Real small if that is it

M- light bodied and carbonated. Some small flavor actually does remain

D- macros are what they are. Meant to consumed for the masses. This can be dranken is massive quantities. If it's hot out and you have a group of people, you don't need to deny that coors light is at least an option to pound some beers. I can't believe I am actually being positive

06-20-2010 22:53:45 | More by lovindahops
witster18

Tennessee

1.85/5  rDev -7.5%

When I think of the few beers that I would actually turn down... even if they're free... this is at the top of the list.

Like Miller Lite there is a small detectable presence of hops, but barely.

Where this thing gets ugly - is when it warms the slightest bit and turns into the nastiest sour swill on the planet. Tasteless when cold... turns horribly sour quick. The sour note gets more dominant with each sip and beer. I can't stop harping about that sour note because it's awful... this beer is undrinkable... it took me a few years to realize this... the overdone corn/grain presence and metallicness(is that a word) is what makes this sour... this beer invented bitter beer face.... I could take sleep deprevation, electric shock, etc... but if you forced me to drink this above 40 degrees - I'd cave.

I hate to say... but this falls just below Heineken Light as the worst beer that I have reviewed on this site. Awful!!!

The first sip isn't bad...because it's tasteless... half way through when it's warmed just 5 degrees... this is nasty.

One of the worst beers on the planet... when I try to think of what's worse... I think Natty iCE.... Steel Reserve.. and a few other really bad beers that I'd NEVER buy... but as for the worst that actually sells in high numbers( i dunoo why... some people who drink beer don't really like beer i guess...

AWFUL!

06-16-2010 22:01:19 | More by witster18
bourbonbock

2.65/5  rDev +32.5%

Coors light, its at every party and that must say something about it. It's a very versatile beer, you can funnel it, play beer pong with it, shotgun it, etc. and they are all about beer technology like vented cans, blue mountains, and widemouths; what is not to like about it?

Almost anyone will drink it and most will probably wind up liking it. I personally think it is second in taste to Bud's version but overall how can you really complain, its 5 bucks a six pack.

06-13-2010 01:24:56 | More by bourbonbock
cervezale

Mexico

2.08/5  rDev +4%

Coors Light is an american macrobrew from Coors Brewinf Company. It is the light version of Coors.

Appearance: Light straw yellow. Almost no head formatio and no lace retention.

Smell: Very little malt aromas, with no hops detected.

Taste: Some maltiness with little bitterness. Some metallic notes.

Mouthfeel: Light and simple. No hop profile, although good carbonation is detectable.

Drinkability: Typical of an american macro. Good for the beach or hot summer days as simple refreshment.

06-11-2010 18:52:04 | More by cervezale
Atricapilla

1.55/5  rDev -22.5%

Hmmm...Not really sure what to say about this beer...Appearance was a light buttercup with a distinct amount of haze to it. Very thin head with overly active carbonation. Aroma was weakly of grain. Tasted like light grain in carbonated water....slight (very slight!) hop crispness at the end. Overactive carbonation in the mouth is distracting....

06-05-2010 22:53:25 | More by Atricapilla
soju6

Missouri

2.17/5  rDev +8.5%

A: Poured a very pale yellow from the can with a white head that fades quickly.

S: only faint grain aroma no real smell. Not a good thing.

T: No real taste just a very light sweetness.

F: Light body with watery feel but somehow has a clean finish.

D: Very drinkable when very cold. Another backyard-grass cutting-BBQ beer. For best results drink straight from the can. Very sessionable and hard to beat the price. Beer for the masses or mass consumption.

06-05-2010 11:08:45 | More by soju6
RoyalT

2.42/5  rDev +21%

Appearance - This gave off a disappointing head and shown a dim, pissy yellow.

Smell - There's nothing offensive about this grain but really no meat to it at all. Granted this is a LL so is not going to bowl you over with a powerful nose, but I seriously can't smell anything coming out of the glass.

Taste - The flavor was a bit more on the mark. The grain showed a nice spark if maybe a bit on the stale side but overall this was not a bad taste.

Mouthfeel - This was behind the pack. The carbonation was cheap and fizzy like a wine cooler and the thinness of the beer left me wanting. The LLs are of course naturally thin but here the body was like a glass of water.

Sinkability - It has to be pretty damn hot and you gotta be pretty damn thirsty to want to drink twelve ounces of this stuff.

06-05-2010 00:19:52 | More by RoyalT
wcintula

1.73/5  rDev -13.5%

I'm sorry. I drank so many of these today I just had to review it. I had nothing to pour them into so I drank from the can. Upon tapping the rockies I looked inside and I can see straight to the bottom of the can on this beautiful sunny day at Monmouth Racetrack in New Jersey.

Beers like this stump me. They make me feel like my palette and abilities are very amateur because I cannot identify the smells nor the tastes. There is so much carbonation that my mouth just mostly tingles and I can't pick up the tastes in the beer.

As for drinkability, once you get past the taste, you can drink them all day because drinking these babies is like drinking bad tasting alcoholic seltzer.

06-05-2010 00:09:08 | More by wcintula
Gtreid

2.2/5  rDev +10%

24 oz. can purchased at the Rays game last night. $9, I usually spend $9 on a nice 750 of Saison, or Imperial this or that, so a bit expensive.

A: It was in a can, I poured a little into my plastic cup, but lets not kid ourselves, the majority of this was consumed directly from the can. What I did pour was a very light yellow with aggressive carbonation bubbles.

A: Corn, water, adjuncts. Ya know.

T: Watery malted barley, light corn, and bubbles.

M: Light.

D: Hey, I was at a ball game having a good time with my pops. There is a time and place for every beer, and last night it was time for a tall boy of Coors Light! Skal.

05-28-2010 17:59:57 | More by Gtreid
wordemupg

Alberta (Canada)

2.33/5  rDev +16.5%

355ml can poured into pint glass May25 2010

A a clear very light straw yellow very little color in this one to go along with a fast falling fingers worth of head that left no lace

S maybe a little honey and faint hops

T the flavors not offensive because there's practically no flavor at all

M as thin as a beer can get but it has enough carbonation to give it something

D much like water this is easy too drink but also easy too forget

very little going on here, where ever you are there's better beers to drink

05-25-2010 07:09:21 | More by wordemupg
Bfarr

Washington

1.83/5  rDev -8.5%

A very pale yellow with a white head that disappears as soon as it's formed. Aroma is a surprisingly vinous sweetness. Taste is basically a watery malt sweetness. Very high carbonation leaves a tingling sensation.

I haven't had one of these in a long time and it wasn't as bad as I expected. I even kind of liked the smell , even though it didn't smell like a beer. It's certainly not anything I would ever drink again because there's really no taste to it but it's not awful and I can see why some people like it. It's sweet and alcoholic and as easy to drink as soda.

05-23-2010 20:43:15 | More by Bfarr
bundy462

2.8/5  rDev +40%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 4

A: Light yellow, not much to be said. You can see how thin it is as you swirl it around in the glass.

S: Not much with the smell either, maybe some slight malt, a corn type smell.

T: Tastes good for the style. Remember that the point is that it's a light beer, and it meets the criteria.

M: Very thin, but it's what is expected in a light beer.

O: Very drinkable, you can have as many as you wish.

05-23-2010 06:55:17 | More by bundy462
DJED69

2.53/5  rDev +26.5%

Ok, so let's talk about Coors Light.

This is about as light a beer as you can find both taste and drinkability-wise. A six pack can disappear in a hurry on a hot Summer day.

While I'm not a fan of thise beer, I have consumed a lot of it over the years during the warm months. At a BBQ or down the shore---its an easy choice and drinks like water.

As my cousin says, "Coors Lt, the one beer to have when you are having 30." Also, doesn't get you hammered --- can drink these all day.

Taste is not offensive as there really isn't much. Carbonation is high---I mean, not much else to say. It is what it is.
Reach for the Rockies!

05-21-2010 15:07:40 | More by DJED69
elvisnj

2.68/5  rDev +34%

Silver bullet can into a generic american beer glass.

Pours golden straw yellow/gold. small head. Grassy slight hop aroma.

Drinks watery with almost no hop characteristic. Kind of metallic flavor in there.

Lots of carb so it burns on the way down.

Perhaps its a residual habit from all the pounding of this beer that I did in my college days, but it goes down fast and in large gulps. I realized that all these years I was bypassing my palate when I drink this stuff. Almost like doing shots.

Definitely not what I have come to know as good beer, but passable as a, "get drunk on the deck" kind of brew. After the first few gulps, its almost like drinking ice water on autopilot.

I would not buy this while at the beer store, but if there is nothing else in the cooler on a hot day...

05-21-2010 03:14:31 | More by elvisnj
eschbach

Arizona

2.6/5  rDev +30%

Doing a review of the good old silver bullet. Went to the gas station and bout a 24 oz can. The mountains on the can are blue so I guess it's cold enough for me to drink...

This beer has an extremely light and pale color. And the head vanishes really fast. It does not have a corn or grain smell. It smells like water with a faint trace of hops. It does not really have a whole lot of taste. It tastes like water and it feels like seltzer water in the mouth. It's very easy to drink due to it's watery composition.

Don't buy this beer if you are seeking a flavorful beer. coors Light is really good for one thing and one thing only. Getting people intoxicated quickly. Coors Light is probably one of the easiest beers to drink, so that's why it's so popular in colleges I guess. I'm sure any one who went to college has drank a serious amount of Coors Light.

05-17-2010 06:25:49 | More by eschbach
johnwarne

2.38/5  rDev +19%

A beer haiku for you--

"Drinkable? Of course,
Zero personality:
Beer all too common"

At the risk of being labeled unfairly elitist, just sampled one of the neighbor's in his cooler. Colorado Koolaid--could consume many without consequence other than profound regret. A great example of our country's willingness to settle for mass market appeal. Come on, ride the train....

Cheers!

05-10-2010 21:14:17 | More by johnwarne
wesclaypool

1.2/5  rDev -40%

Endless beer pong sessions.

a - Very clear and very pale. Looks like stained mineral water.

s - Almost has a metallic smell, but not really any strong aroma to speak of.

t - Crisp with a bit of bitterness. Just doesn't really do anything that my taste buds can detect.

m - Very thin with a lot of carbonation.

d - The one area where I rise above a 1.0 for this beer. Its competition beer. Good for chugging and punishment for losing. In that sense, you can drink and drink and drink and...

05-10-2010 04:58:56 | More by wesclaypool
jvmudd01

Kentucky

2.08/5  rDev +4%

A - Very pale golden color with a white head that dissolves quickly.

S - A very clean smell with a very small hint of malt.

T - Tastes like carbonated water with a bit of malt and a slight sweetnedd.

M - Very light mouthfeel. It disappears almost as soon as you swallow.

D - This is this beer's strongest suit. It's very refreshing because as Eric Idle once said, it's like having sex in a canoe. It's f--- close to water.

05-01-2010 18:46:33 | More by jvmudd01
buschbeer

1.88/5  rDev -6%

I poured from my cold activated can into my Coors Light cold activated glass. The mountains are blue so I know that it is cold enough for me to drink. I got a white, fluffy head. Then it was gone. This libation is straw colored and clear. I almost have to use my imagination to get any smell or taste from this one. I get a slight bready smell. The taste is fleeting. I get something but it is gone before my brain can process it. This beer is the closest you will ever get to water besides drinking water. I used to make fun of this tasteless beer in my Busch drinking days. I guess it's good for when your not in the mood for a beer but want water with a 4.2 ABV.

04-28-2010 00:08:49 | More by buschbeer
MrStark

2.08/5  rDev +4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Poured from a 12oz can into a pilsener glass.

Appearance is a very pale gold color, lots or rising bubbles, and a large white foamy head that dissipates after a few minutes.

Smell is nothing more than some grain, as others say, nothing offensive about it, but nothing there really.

Taste is unoffensive, but quite bland and boring. Not much but some grain and an almost undetectable hop bitterness near the end.

Mouthfeel is light bodied bordering thing with plenty of carbonation.

Drinkability is nothing special. Probably the only good quality would be the fact that it goes down easy and leaves nothing behind. Nothing for flavor in this beer for sure, but I could see why someone would want it for something cheap on a hot day. But I would certainly rather have something else.

04-26-2010 22:59:51 | More by MrStark
CameronTyl3r

1.88/5  rDev -6%

Appearance: Pours a very light gold, with heavy snow white head.

Smell: What smell? I just smelt a bitter, slightly sweet smell.

Taste: Very week hop, it is crisp.

I will never pay money for this beer again.
I will drink it if it was the only beer in my presence.

04-24-2010 00:08:30 | More by CameronTyl3r
bump8628

Oklahoma

1.95/5  rDev -2.5%

Clearly marked freshness date on the bottle. This is the 3.2 ABW (4.0% ABV).

Ultra-light straw colored with an inch of pure white foam that hangs for the whole session. A MASSIVE cascading of bubbles is noted rising to the surface.

Light graininess competes with the carbonation bite for the dominant flavor, if one can even call it that. Nothing else to speak of other than a super-dry, clean finish that is comparable to water.

The one desirable characteristic of this beer is it's head, however I'm pretty sure it's persistence is due to one or more chemicals.

04-23-2010 23:11:20 | More by bump8628