Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

awful

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros

1.2/5  rDev -40.3%

Not much of an appearance with about a 1" head that quickly disappears. Smells like watered down...water beer. Taste like a normal american pilsner which lacks much flavor or imagination. Really crisp and tastes pretty much how it smells and looks. Let's face it, this is a drinking game beer so leave it for the tailgates or beer pong. Unless of course it's free, then the "free beer" rule applies. Of the big 3 BMC products, this is my least favorite.

1.5/5  rDev -25.4%

1.33/5  rDev -33.8%

Right out of the can at the Wells Fargo Center in Philly watching the Flyers in a luxury box. I was in between a rock and a hard place with only this or Corona extra in cans to choose from, (un)luckly it was all you could handle.

I was sitting with too many NY Ranger fans for my liking so I decided to lubricate in case I had to defend my lady's honor.

Piss yellow, small head with no retention. Burnt corn in the nose. Watery taste with light cracker sweetness, light bitterness, almost no hop flavor. Ligh mouth. 6 down the hatch and nary much of a buzz and my team got their ass handed to them. Buzz kill.

2.28/5  rDev +13.4%

A - Super clear yellow with very little disturbance due to carbonation. It forms less of a traditional head and more of just a froth (scientific, I know)

S - It's smell is nearly undetectable but while your tipping it back for a sip there are some faint sweet malt notes and a very subtle clean hop scent

T - By itself, pretty simple, but this beer is a classic for an afternoon grilling or with pizza so it's underwhelming character has an upside.

M - Smooth and easily forgettable, but is good for people who don't like an above average amount of carbonation in their light lagers

O - I'm trying to not be negative, but this just always tastes like beer-flavored water to me. It's not my last choice, but not far from it

1.75/5  rDev -12.9%

3.5/5  rDev +74.1%

3.48/5  rDev +73.1%

I grew up on this beer. It is my favorite of all the Lights. Of course, most people want to trash any of the light beers, but as a Yooper, they all hold a special meaning. There aren't any special characteristics other than it's a GOOD beer. Whether you're ice-fishing, playing bar-league softball, golfing, or grilling out...it always refreshes and produces!

2.88/5  rDev +43.3%

This has always been a favorite beer for me to drink at parties BBQs and other small get togethers. I know a lot of people don't like this beer bc they want a richer tasting beer but I've been drinking this beer a long time and it will always be among my favorites.

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company