Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

awful

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
devilben02

2.03/5  rDev +1%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

The can has so many gimmicks to encourage a person to keep it in the can and avoid seeing what he's drinking. I was able to ignore temptation, though. Poured from the vented-wide-mouthed, cold-activated, Frost-Brew-lined can, this one has a crystal-clear, palest golden color and a quickly-vanishing white head. The aroma is more like rice than it is like beer, but it easily reminds a person of the aroma in the dorm common room early on a Sunday morning, plastic cups from a long-abandoned beer pong game still sitting on a table.

I've spent so much time learning to describe complex craft beers, I don't know how to even describe the flavor. Maybe it's because there is very little to identify, only a metallic graininess. But this one is build for speed rather than comfort, with the light body and high carbonation making this as much of an easy-to-drink thirst-quencher as a beer can be. There's a reason you play flip-cup with Coors Light instead of Hopslam. This beer is what it is, a mega-pale light lager, and I won't fault it for that.

02-11-2010 01:53:33 | More by devilben02
mklinger

1.53/5  rDev -23.9%

This is a beer of my father's left in my fridge since last Summer.

Poured into a shaker pint glass. Two finger head formed of extremely large bubbles that dissipated very quickly. Very pale yellow color. Very clear with nice visible carbonation.

Aroma is pretty much non-existent except a slight corn aroma.
Taste is weak and a mess. There's something skunky, nasty about this that's kind of hard to stomach. A vague medicinal character that's subtly in the background. Really unpleasant. Can't imagine what I'll do with the few that are left in the fridge.

Mouthfeel is a bit fuller than I expected for the style. Not good, but not as I awful as I thought it would be. No drinkability though. Hard to finish.

02-04-2010 03:37:23 | More by mklinger
h00dak

2.1/5  rDev +4.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Coors light. The Silver bullet. So named because drinking this beer is about as pleasurable as being shot in the face. Ok, maybe that's a bit dramatic, but it ain't good.

Coors light is the lowest of the low in the category of adjunct lager. It is so hard to believe that these same people brew Blue Moon, a decent wheat beer.

The color is the clearest and lightest yellow possible. The color is discernable but I think Mountain Dew has more character.

The flavor is so lackluster it is almost covered completely by the high carbonation. If you drink it from a can it tastes more like tin than like beer. Tastes like some malt syrup mixed with some hop substitute and then watered down with gallons and gallons of cold rocky mountain water. Then they threw in a seltzer tablet.

This beer isn't for anyone but if you don't really care for beer, at least you can drink this and it wont have much "beer" taste. It is also a good beer when spilling it is a high risk, for example at a concert, or while playing beer pong. Don't sit down with this stuff.

02-02-2010 16:50:17 | More by h00dak
ADZA

Australia

1.53/5  rDev -23.9%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

This beer pours a see thru amber colour with average carbonation that leaves a fast vanishing one finger head and no lacing,the aroma is grains and malts and not much else very little hop aroma here if any,it has a light mouthfeel which is very macro and well carbonated but not well flavoured at all with average tastes of grains,malt and liquid hops,this beer is definately macro and would not buy or drink again if offered,there is too many other good brews out there to have to settle for this.

02-01-2010 13:33:32 | More by ADZA
RaulMatisse

1.15/5  rDev -42.8%

Poured directly from the keg nozzle into my mouth while I was suspended upside down, supported by two sweaty fraternity brothers counting aloud the number of seconds I was in this precarious position. Apparently this is referred to as 'the kegstand.'

As this was a challenging orientation to adequately review the beer, I opted for a foamy pour into a red plastic cup.

Due to the opacity of my stemware and poor lighting in this guy's backyard, I can only judge the beer's color by the stains on my shirt from the kegstand and the puddles of beer-vomit on the cement. Likely a horrid Mountain Dew color or a vile urine-like hue.

Again, my sense of smell has been dulled by the multiple partygoers' urinating on the fence and the overwhelming scent of Axe Bodyspray--though these odors may be emanating from the beer.

Sweaty and tired from bump 'n' grindin' in the living room, this mineral water-like beer proved to be an excellent post-dance hydrator, albeit a metallic one. Kinda like decaf coffee, only more pointless.

With beer pong skills as limited as mine, this yellow fizz better be drinkable. It turns out it's not, but the two dozen or so consumed leads me to think otherwise.

I look forward to my next brobeer tasting research.

01-25-2010 00:22:33 | More by RaulMatisse
d1dane

2.3/5  rDev +14.4%

This is one of my least favorite beers I have ever tasted, which is strange because Coors Original is one of my favorite cheap brews. This basically tastes like horrible water, if there is even such a thing. Should not even be considered a beer at all... give me anything other than this and I'm sure i'll be happy.

01-22-2010 18:10:36 | More by d1dane
DNICE555

Connecticut

1.4/5  rDev -30.3%

A - Slightly dehydrated piss yellow
S - Metallic water
T - Sparkling water with a metallic aftertaste. Tastes very very cheap. Low quality ingredients added sparingly.
M - No body, Heavily carbonated like a soda.
D - Water is fairly easy to get down. At 4.2 percent... I'll take a stone levitation ale please.

01-20-2010 23:17:10 | More by DNICE555
hopheadjuice

1.38/5  rDev -31.3%

Appearence - Very light straw yellow color with quite a bit of carbonation visible.

Aroma - This beer smells like corn and other non hoppy aromas that are unappealing.

Mouthfeel - Coors light carbonation is the only thing that makes this beer semi-drinkable for meh light bubbly mouthfeel.

Taste - coors light tastes like it smells like corn and other nuclear waste products.

Drinkability - not a very good session beer unless you have nothing else or are looking for a cheap fix then this isnt for you.

01-20-2010 03:04:27 | More by hopheadjuice
jdklks

Nevada

1.35/5  rDev -32.8%

The moutains are blue and my beer is as cold as the Rockies. I'm following up a 2008 Abyss with this 2009 gem, which expires on March 8th 2010.

The beer pours like water, literally. With even the smallest light behind the pour, the liquid stream is entirely clear. Only after the beer takes shape in the glass do you recognize the slightest shade of gold, and as little bubbles continue to surface from the depths, the white head has disappeared forever, without a trace. The smell is of adjuct lager. Super-grainy and not much else. No sign of hops to be found. A slight fruit sweetness that if not present would condemn the smell of this beer to "ass" status gives it the extra .5 in the rating for aroma.

Good Lord what have I subjected my mouth to? I don't know if I can even describe these flavors beyond "artificial". grains, and again a hint of sweetness, but no hops to be found here either. Watery, airy, disgusting. Yuck. As cold as it is, I was hoping I wouldn't be able to taste it... Unfortunately I was wrong.

Mouthfeel is super light and super carbonated. Gross as everywhere else. Drinkability amounts to a drain pour, although I have been known to shotgun these when I get wasted, so I have to give it a little credit here.

01-16-2010 00:36:04 | More by jdklks
Yoonisaykul

Quebec (Canada)

2.08/5  rDev +3.5%

Served pretty cold but the mountains weren't blue so I hope I'm still allowed to review this...
A- Straw yellow with plenty of bubbles rising.Thin white head left only an uneven ring.
S- Smells better than I thought. Lights hops while there still is head. Then once the head is gone, grain and alcohol. Adjunct (corn maybe) smell isn't overpowering.
T- Maple water. Grain overall. Tiniest hop background. Light malt.
M- Highly carbonated with small bubbles but has a flat mouthfeel. Pretty strange.
D- I find this a little sickening. But it's so watery and the adjunct/chemical taste isn't unbearable so I feel I could drink a 24 case.
I think this beer is a waste of money.

01-12-2010 02:10:35 | More by Yoonisaykul
yupitsmeadam

Washington

3.73/5  rDev +85.6%

i think coors light is one of the better light macro beers out there so i am judging this purely on the category it's in. when i'm out with the boys on a saturday night and i've had quite a few 'good' beers, i am definately reaching for a few of these to finish the night.

01-09-2010 08:59:33 | More by yupitsmeadam
danetrain0101

Arizona

1.55/5  rDev -22.9%

Very pale in color with a little champagne like head from the carbonation.

Nothing to smell really. Some light hops and malt.

I could taste the water more than the hops and malts.

Has a carbonation feel that is very very light.

These are drinkable but I highly avoid it.

01-08-2010 06:43:43 | More by danetrain0101
vkv822

Oregon

1.68/5  rDev -16.4%

12oz. can

Clear bright yellow with too much carbonation. A white head that disappears almost instantly. Can't quite describe the smell due to the almost total lack of one. . . The taste is not much more of an impact watery, slightly sweet grainy/metallic flavor? Not quite sure what to call it. Overall, nothing impressive about this beer.

01-05-2010 05:27:05 | More by vkv822
erz316

Indiana

1.1/5  rDev -45.3%

on tap ad yd tap room, pitcher into pint.

the beer was a light piss yellow and had a bounty of thick white head. the only thing that is keeping the score from a bottom barrel zero is the quantity of the head. the smell was of light corn and metal. th taste was of light corn and carbonation. it is just a watery, super cold, corn bath.

01-01-2010 20:05:35 | More by erz316
Cubsfan1087

Iowa

3.43/5  rDev +70.6%

Coors Light isn't getting much love from BA. It isn't an elite beer, but it isn't a bad choice if you want to have a few ice cold, refreshing beers. It's also a very affordable option if you're low on cash, a better choice than the other cheap light beers. Don't be afraid to take a ride on the Silver Bullet.

12-31-2009 22:54:39 | More by Cubsfan1087
Olivander

3.2/5  rDev +59.2%

Appearance: Nothing special. Pale yellow color with white, quickly disappearing head. If you drink it straight out of the bottle though, it doesn't matter.

Smell: Not much of a scent to speak of. I didn't give it a 1 b/c it doesn't have a bad scent, but smell is not something you focus on when you drink a Coors Light.

Taste: You can't taste that much in the way of hops or malt, but it's very refreshing when served cold. Slightly metallic tasting with a decent bite to it. I prefer this beer's taste to it's competitors.

Mouthfeel: It's highly carbonated, so it feels a lot like soda, which I happen to enjoy the feel of.

Drinkability: I like to have carbonation in my beer, so I find this beer to be pretty drinkable.

Overall, I'm a fan of Coors Light. I do not care how it looks or how it smells. It's a cheap, light beer that actually has some taste and a nice bite to it when it's drank straight out of the bottle, so I continue to drink it. I'd say that it's the worst beer that I drink regularly, but I still drink it regularly, which is more than I can say about any other American light lager.

12-31-2009 20:47:22 | More by Olivander
MadElf25

1.02/5  rDev -49.3%

A. the only reason i gave it a 1.5 cause it comes in a Cold Activated Bottle/Can which is pretty cool, but other then that its nothing special.

S. There is Absolutly no aroma to this beer.

T. Basically its water with 4.2% alcohol in it

M. its just really wet in you're mouth

D. make sure that you are already drunk before you drink it cause then you won't taste it going down

12-28-2009 20:24:55 | More by MadElf25
dpodratsky3

2.1/5  rDev +4.5%

I have a tough time reviewing these light lagers because I honestly can't discern between them. This tastes and smells pretty much like miller and bud. I'd have to do side by side for all of them to pick out any differences. I don't understand how the ratings are that much different, unless everyone does side by sides.

12-20-2009 22:42:45 | More by dpodratsky3
bob3701

2.23/5  rDev +10.9%

Poured into a pilsner style glass. First I don't drink this, wouldn't get caught dead with it out of princpal but keep some on hand for friends (hey I try to be a good host). Makes a loud fizzy noise when poured. Head disappears into a slight film quickly. Clear pale yellow color. Sorry I take a swig and get nothing. As much flavor as seltzer water. I can't believe I have friends that enjoy this.

12-15-2009 00:34:15 | More by bob3701
Lacesoutcody

2.95/5  rDev +46.8%

this is a typical american "bad" beer a cheap and efficient way to beat the heat, or get slammed. Since this is my first review i'll try to be brief and somewhat educated.

A- very light yellow, and non-existant head

S- Nothing really, just a little skunky water/metallic after effect

T- watery, water, watersized, although it is def. a very drinkable beer, slight hints of roasted corn and foamy malt.

D-as always incredibly easy to down, and will continue to be. My personal favorite of the bottom run Macro-beers, buy it for a party or a lonely night

12-13-2009 03:05:02 | More by Lacesoutcody
WWWade

Kansas

2.73/5  rDev +35.8%

Pound this beer. I like water. I like beer. Why not call this beer water? Coors prides itself on using water 'fresh from the rockies'. Well, I guess this is everyones chance to taste that. A good beer to have on a lunch break, because nobody would know you were drinking at lunch. I have to admit, this is my favorite run of the mill american macro-brew.

A- transparent. Light yellow. Yes, pisslike.

S- it almost smells like beer

T- it almost tastes like water

M- Highly carbonated and super light

D- All day. No problem drinking this at any time of day or night with no other choice.

12-12-2009 19:55:56 | More by WWWade
mralphabet

16 oz can poured into pint glass

A: Pale to piss yellow in color... 1/2 a finger of head that disappears very quickly to nothing... no lacing at all. Pretty weak.

S: Corn, some other indiscernible adjuncts. Maybe a little malt... again weak.

T: Nothing really stands out but the corn and a little malt, and I mean a little... after taste is like the over all feel WEAK... Taste like the first beers I ever drank.... before I found Micro brews and really beer.

M: Light and watery, lots of carbonation... again Weak !!!

D: Very poundable...but why would you... there is not much here.

OK I've had 2 light beers back to back.... and this is pretty bad.

12-11-2009 05:14:12 | More by mralphabet
Eldalonde

1.45/5  rDev -27.9%

A - Typical and standard macro swill. Straw fizzy yellow with little to no head.

S - Has a minor touch of hops and not much else to go with it. Very little in the nose

T - Well, another attempt at being non-offensive has turned this beer to junk. As long as this beer is cold, I mean ice cold, then it's ok. Simply because you can't taste it. If it warms a little, then it tastes like piss water.

M - Overly thin. The easier it is to drink, the more will be bought and the richer these worthless macro companies become.

D - Blech...I'll have water instead.

12-10-2009 17:53:29 | More by Eldalonde
kingcrowing

Vermont

1.9/5  rDev -5.5%

12oz can poured into a pint glass.

This looks like piss, from someone whose really hydrated. Very clear with a hint of yellow, a somewhat thick fluffy what head. Nose is skunky and poor.

Taste is slightly sweet and tart, no hops at all but a hint of maltiness. Mouthfeel is very watery with a light carbonation. Easy to drink as long as it's cold but once it gets above 40 degrees it goes WAY downhill.

12-08-2009 01:27:42 | More by kingcrowing
PhillipJFry

Korea (South)

1.88/5  rDev -6.5%

A -Clear with some yellow tint.

S - There is no scent coming from this beer. If there is, it means it was skunked.

T - To call it flavorless would be putting it "lightly".

M - Great palate cleanser.

D - Easy to drink, like bottled water.

I guess this is what happens when more money is poured into advertising than R&D.

12-07-2009 02:10:53 | More by PhillipJFry