Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

awful

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
cvstrickland

2.05/5  rDev +2%

24-ounce 'cold-activated' can poured into a pokal glass yields a clear pale straw body with a few trickles of active carbonation capped with three fingers of soft white foam that vainshes in a flash without leaving any lacing on the glass.

Smell is faintly sweet and grainy.

Taste is a bit grainy and sweet with maybe a hint of fruity hops, but is mostly watery. A bit of metal and spent-grain twang flop around in the finish.

Drinkability is similar to water with a few bubbles and alcohol.

08-02-2008 15:46:24 | More by cvstrickland
kinger

1.02/5  rDev -49.3%

This was offered to me by my friend yesterday. I've had coors light numerous times in all forms. I have never been a big fan of this beer there is something odd with the taste that I have always disliked. Aroma is of weak malts and corn, appearance is pale light yellow, mouthfeel is thin and watery, and the flavor is simply not good. This is likely my least favorite of major light beers. Will not spend my money on this but will drink it if it's my only option.

07-31-2008 18:33:11 | More by kinger
beerthulhu

2.5/5  rDev +24.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

A: When the blue mountains said it was ready, poured a pale, maize color with a thin, fizzy white head that quickly disappeared leaving no traces on the surface or lacing on the glass. Visible carbonation was very soft.

S: light traces of dried corn with a light dried buttery herbal hopping.

T: The flavor starts out with a touch of metallic tang with some pale grains. Light dried corn notes lingered in the finish. Overall the flavor was dry with some buttered grains and a light sourness and a touch of grassiness on the finish. Not big on flavor, but probably the least offending macro I can remember tasting.

M: light, watery with a light sour fade.

D: For what is was, a light macro, I would have to say borderline acceptable, though I doubt I could down these in multiples despite its light nature. I would suggest you down these quick before warming.

07-29-2008 23:26:25 | More by beerthulhu
PatrickJR

2.6/5  rDev +29.4%

Poured from a 24 oz can into nonic pint glass.

A - The palest, clearest yellow. A finger or so of head forms momentarily before collapsing to nothing.

S - Lots of DMS, some metal, and a somewhat strong grainy note. Not quite as much DMS or nothingness as some light beers.

T - Not too shabby, considering style. Some weak corn and grain husk pull through followed by a shadow of metallic, slightly earthy hops with an almost lemony component. Finishes completely clean.

M - Very light bodied, somewhat watery. Although there's a ton of carbonation in this brew, by the end of the sip it's rather flat tasting.

D - It's a light beer. Either you wanna drink it or you don't. And I don't.

07-29-2008 07:21:42 | More by PatrickJR
tbeck

Washington

2.78/5  rDev +38.3%

Poured a very pale yellow with a thin white head that dissipated quickly. No lacing. The aroma was a slight hint of cereal grains. Taste was cereal grains and a slight hint of hops, but overall not much flavor. It did have a refreshing taste to it, like water on a hot day. Mouthfeel was watery. I could sit and drink these all day, especially when it is hot. But it goes for a quick buzz, not much else.

07-27-2008 22:45:40 | More by tbeck
EnojysAnyBeer

3.05/5  rDev +51.7%

Someone bought these for me, and I enjoyed as much I could

A- Nice bottle with cold-reacting colors to let you know if beer is cold (a must with light beer). Beer looks clean.

S- Smells OK in a bottle with some malty scents

T- Tastes like wheat to me, but hard to notice any flavor

M- Feels like water with some carbonation

D- Drinks like water with some carbonation

07-26-2008 08:56:03 | More by EnojysAnyBeer
steadydose

1.88/5  rDev -6.5%

Beer is a pale straw yellow color. Raised the pour height to try to create some head and got a quarter of an inch, which lasted about a minute. There is an ever so slight hint of corn grain sweetness in the nose and taste of this beer, and not much else. Beer feels light and thin in my mouth, with some carbonation. Overall the only time I would prefer this beer is if my only serving glass were a beer bong. Other than that the cold activated mountain on the front of the bottle that turns blue when it is cold is the best thing about this macro lager.

07-18-2008 21:23:25 | More by steadydose
Haybeerman

2.33/5  rDev +15.9%

Appearance: Straw yellow and clear. Little to no head retention, some lacing.

Smell: Slight mettalic smell, little aroma other than some grain.

Taste: Light, dry and refreshing, Little in the way of grain or hoppiness.

Mouthfeel: Very weak, very light. Use of adjuncts minimizes body.

Drinkability: Biggest attribute of this beer. Very drinkable, just not drinking mush of anything.

07-08-2008 18:54:34 | More by Haybeerman
lordofthewiens

Maine

2.48/5  rDev +23.4%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

So, I'm at my sister's house for a party. She told me to bring beer that I wanted, because she knows I'm a little picky. Otherwise, she had plenty of beer for others to drink. I bring a 12 pack of Sam"s Summer Selection ($9.99 at the local Hannaford's), and it promptly gets drunk by the partygoers. To make a long story short, this is how I came to drink Coors Light.
The beer is an insipid yellow color, with a head that disappears in seconds. It had a corn malt aroma and taste. A thoroughly unrewarding beer; I should have just drunk water.

07-08-2008 11:55:17 | More by lordofthewiens
happygnome

2.48/5  rDev +23.4%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

a: pours a pale yellow color with about a quarter inch of head that dissapears fast leaving no lacing
s: corn malts and not much more
t: corn malts not much more, watery
m: light bodied beer with a lot of carbonatoin

overall, i wont be drinking this again any time soon

07-07-2008 19:24:24 | More by happygnome
Auroraboy

2.2/5  rDev +9.5%

For some reason, I seem to find this at barbecues and various functions myself and my family go to, and it's also the only beer a musician friend I play with drinks, so I run into it a lot. Not sure why, other than it's always on special at the supermarket. I find this to taste okay ice cold, but so do Pabst Blue Ribbon and Miller High Life, but without the gnarly aftertaste that seems to go with Coors and Bud product. My wife tasted this on my breath after a kiss, and remarked "Cheap beer!" -- not exactly a ringing endorsement. I wouldn't turn it down if offered, but I'd not go out of my way to pick it up.

07-05-2008 23:54:12 | More by Auroraboy
argock

2.2/5  rDev +9.5%

Drank directly from 12oz can while fishing for walleye in SD.

A: Enjoyed straight from the can which probably did nothing to hurt or help in this category. What I saw on the can rim was yellow.

S: Metallic and grainy.

T: Pretty close to nonexistent but there is a slight grain and barely detectable hops flavor.

M: Overcarbonated with no discernable aftertaste.

D: Good enough for when everything else besides Bud Light is gone. Otherwise, to be consumed only under unduly limited circumstances.

07-02-2008 05:00:26 | More by argock
Danimal

2.25/5  rDev +11.9%

I drink this stuff if it is all that is left. I never ever buy it. Only chance I would buy it would be if I was throwing a party and a very very good friend requested it and she was extreamly sexy. It is kind of like a flavored water. A good thirst quencher. Goes down real easy.

06-25-2008 21:08:41 | More by Danimal
sccala

Rhode Island

2.63/5  rDev +30.8%

Appearance- The color of the beer is very inviting, a golden "how do you do?" The head, however, was VERY small, and had no density. It dissapeared in under 30 seconds, with zero lacing.

Smell- This beer has very little to no smell. You really need to strain to find any smell at all, and at that, it's still hard to identify what it is you are smelling.

Taste- The taste is crisp. Nothing special though. A slight, very slight hint of some type of grain. Barley? Not horrible tasting by any means, but quite ho-hum.

Mouthfeel- Judging the mouthfeel of this beer is probably the most unpleasant part of the process. Not only do you not get anything out of this beer sitting in your mouth for a few seconds, but it actually makes the beer taste worse. Swallow this beer ASAP!

Drinkability- Overall, it's not a bad beer to drink. I would have another, if it were a super hot day and I was at the beach, or if I were at a frat party. Otherwise, skip it.

06-18-2008 00:15:11 | More by sccala

2.38/5  rDev +18.4%

I had Coors Light for the first time while swimming. Since I was in the water, I didn't really look st it, but I drank it from the can. However, I have seen it before, so its appearance is about par for the course as far as light beers are concerned.

The smell was almost non-existent. What little I did smell didn't smell very good.

The taste wasnt very impressive either. Very little malt, and adjuncts were strong and up front. It was refreshing, but had a weird after taste.

Moutfeel was thin, as I expected.

Drinkability was average.

I don't seek this out, but if its all that's available, I'll drink it instead of going without.

06-15-2008 13:45:51 | More by 1099
andreasmwatt

1.53/5  rDev -23.9%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Only drink this beer for one reason. To get heavily intoxicated. I don't care if it's rocky mountain water or not. Only good for one reason. Still one more reason than some beers out there. In other words if you are in college and or just turned 21 try it and have fun with it, but don't just drink this beer. Explore the world of BEER!!

06-06-2008 03:34:25 | More by andreasmwatt
ekfinn

1.83/5  rDev -9%

When in Rome, do as the Romans do. When at wing night consuming several thousand calories in a sitting, do as drunk friends do when the finest cheap wings must be accompanied by the finest cheap lager. Five dollars for a pitcher that filled 4.5 14-oz shaker glasses wins the competition for a refreshing beverage to wash away our garlicky woes.

Glassware was clean, yet the first thing I noticed was no head retention even at proper carbonation levels and aggressive pour. Aroma was weak, just a dash of hops barely squeaking through. Mouthfeel was perfectly fine for a light-colored lager. Taste was that of soda-water with some other light metallic tastes.

Hey, it's cheap, wet, and fizzes. What else do you want to go with ten-cent garlic wings?

06-05-2008 20:42:02 | More by ekfinn
HalfFull

1.78/5  rDev -11.4%

Given the new 'vent' can, I decided to drink this directly from the can. Hey, it was Memorial Day at a friends. Therefore, the appearance was that of a silver bullet. Smell was equally difficult to describe, a bit tinny perhaps, with a slight aluminum scent.

Taste, often dominated by smell, I had to alter. For lack of smell I reached into the deepest confines of my memory and found corn. Rather harsh and dry, don't understand the mass appeal even for the uninitiated.

Mouthfeel was quite 'refreshing', or was it the company??, and I drank 3 of the subject brews before running like hell.

06-04-2008 06:24:13 | More by HalfFull
TheManiacalOne

Rhode Island

1.7/5  rDev -15.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

A: The beer is an extremely light yellow color, with a thin white head that fades quickly and leaves a thin lace on the glass.

S: The aroma is of adjuncts and light malts with a very faint touch of hops.

T: The taste really doesn't have a lot to it, a mild macro adjunct and malt sweetness and a tiny bit of hops bitterness. I know it's a "light beer" but I at least need a little something in it.

M: Crisp and a little smooth, light body, medium-to-high carbonation, finish is clean.

D: Hardly any flavor, not filling at all, I also find it difficult to believe that there's 4.20% ABV in this beer, those characteristics make it a good representation of style, it's your typical "fizzy yellow beer".

06-03-2008 15:52:40 | More by TheManiacalOne
marc956

2.68/5  rDev +33.3%

A couple of my pals swear by it I don't know why.
When ice cold it's refreshing which is good since
it's over 80F. much of the year down here. It has
more taste than most other light beers but that's
really not saying much.

For something so watered down, we may as well get
Bud Light or as we jokingly call it in the valley
Bood Light, basically I only drink this when it's
over 90 degrees F and I don't want to get a buzz,
and if it's comp'd. I appreciate good beer if I'm
looking to save a few$ I'll get High Life in cans

05-30-2008 23:56:44 | More by marc956
beermebeerman

Oregon

2.6/5  rDev +29.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 4.5

Have had many, many of these, and really it's not BAD... per se, just not GOOD...

So appearance is fine, really. Crystal clear straw-colored beer with a minimal head and a soda-like fizz to it.

Smell is pretty much non-existant. How do you classify it? I guess it smells like beer?

Taste is fine, if you like soda water. I have to admit, the water they use is superb. There's just nothing in it.

Mouthfeel is like a sprite or soda water.

Drinkability is great. You can drink on these all day long, as I have many times. Many many times.

05-27-2008 03:27:49 | More by beermebeerman
PhillyStyle

Georgia

2.1/5  rDev +4.5%

Appearance: It poured a very light yellow, heavy on the carbonation, with a white head that dissipated quickly, more than likely due to the carbonation.

Smell: Light grain aroma, but mostly water. It had no discernable aroma to it.

Taste: Very light hop flavor mixed with a strange metallic flavor that I have yet to experience. Although I must say that I only experienced the metallic flavor after the first one when I started to drink them from the can. The only redeeming quality was that I thought it was relatively drinkable if you didn't let it linger on the tongue.

Overall, I will not purchase/order this beer voluntarily. The only reason that I drank it was because it was the only beer at the family function (and they didn't have whisky).

05-20-2008 16:05:59 | More by PhillyStyle
bm7094

3.85/5  rDev +91.5%

this beer really took me away to the rocky mountains. Coors light is a beer that only been and beautiful women drink. Having it cold and crisp brew really took me to another level of enjoyment. I almost cried as the frosty crisp mountain refreshness make love to my throat. Thank you god for Coors Light.

05-08-2008 04:29:37 | More by bm7094
Zap2008

2.75/5  rDev +36.8%

I love this beer for what it is. It is the only macro-brew that I have ever, and will ever repeatedly purchase. I usually drink it straight from the can, but I once poured it into a chalice and it was a little better. No overpowering scent, but I got a decent head on it and it was very pleasant to drink. It has a grainy aftertaste that I like and the alcohol does not overpower your tongue like it does in some other lower-tier beers. In my opinion, it is the best of the light beers and macro-breweries.

05-07-2008 21:31:36 | More by Zap2008
beerfan82

Iowa

1.15/5  rDev -42.8%

A crappy bear overall. Tastes like metal was mixed in. Beer flavor comes off as metalic and hardly any beer flavor. Drank out of a can. Probably had something to do with the overall beer taste. Would only drink if given to me free even then would probably just drink water.

05-06-2008 21:00:43 | More by beerfan82