Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

awful

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
BeerMark

Alabama

2.6/5  rDev +29.4%

I've chugged many of these over the years when I didn't know any better. It's thin bodied, fizzy, and watery. Massive TV ads make you feel like you can get your mack on more easily by drinking this. There is a little malt flavor hidden in here with the usual corn/rice cheapness associated with the style. I must hand it to the brewers for finding a way to make a beer not taste like beer. The best way to describe this is non-offending. Some of my buddies dearly love this beer and they consider an IPA one of those "dark beers". Ha ha.

05-06-2009 23:34:51 | More by BeerMark
twiggamortis420

Mmmm, the silver bullet. A train flailing snow all over the place just rushed through my living room and left scantily clad hotties in it's wake. Nice.

Pours a crystal clear pale yellow color with a brief flash of foam that is gone before I could even take a sniff. No lacing either.

Smell is a husky, grainy light malt with some corn thrown in. A few metallic notes are present. Very faint scent and quite nearly smells like nothing. Not impressive, but it is not foul either.

Taste is equally neutral. It does not give me the gag reflex that bud light and miller light sometimes do. The carbonation is about the most flavorful part of this beer, with a few mild notes of malt and corn. This is not a bad brew for hot summer days at the ballpark or after yardwork. I prefer it over any of the other BMC light beer offerings.

05-03-2009 18:11:55 | More by twiggamortis420
sarahspat

2.3/5  rDev +14.4%

Really light, totally clear yellow in color. Thin white head dissipates quickly.

Nose is just corn, but it's not unpleasant.

Taste is comprised of corn and sweet malt flavors. Weak and simple.

Mouthfeel is light and watery.

The lack of strength in flavor, ABV, and the watery mouthfeel contribute to the drinkability. I could easily put back a few of these. It's obviously not the most delicious beer in the world, but as long as it's cold, it's not THAT bad. But if it's warm... I would rather not drink at all, to put it in a nice way.

05-01-2009 15:01:50 | More by sarahspat
biboergosum

Alberta (Canada)

2.03/5  rDev +1%

12oz bottle. A drinking buddy of mine always has a bottle (or six) of these while I put back the local pints. At our most recent after work Friday brain-dump, I submitted to a previous taunt of trying this with a BA mindset. The slick, shiny bottle label was indeed exhibiting a blue tinge, indicating its suitable to drink coldness, it would seem.

This beer pours a very clear, very pale straw colour - so light, that I can clearly see the items sitting on the bar behind it. It displays a few fingers of thinly foamy, and generally soapy bone-white head, which actually exhibits so-so retention, and some sparse retarded broccoli floret lace around the glass as it quickly dissolves.

It smells of a quite soft pale malt, corn and rice graininess, a chalky, metallic essence, and some vegetal huskiness. The taste is corny pale malt, with a surprising, though very thin, cheap breakfast biscuit character, vegetable starch, and a mildly skanky mustiness - this one's score is actually rather low on the unofficial scale in that matter.

It is indeed somewhat over-carbonated, the body thin and watery (it is all about light beer, after all), mostly smooth, and mildly cloying. It finishes off-dry, the echoes of rice and corn husks a tad surprising in their persistence, and the slightly lingering essence of over-cooked veggies - not so much.

This would only be tangentially acceptable on a hot, sunny, very thirsty, medically dehydrated day, as a moderately more alcoholic substitute for that other mountain-fresh beverage sold in over-priced bottles at bars everywhere.

04-27-2009 20:20:59 | More by biboergosum
LordAdmNelson

2.13/5  rDev +6%

A- Adjunct yellow with small, white, rapidly fading head.

S- Not strong. Mainly corn, some sweetness, a twinge metallic.

T- Not bad, but by all means not very good. Corn and some breadiness. Among my favorite of the macros, but still not very good.

M- Like soda almost. Highly carbonated, little body.

D- Like it, but it's not going to be something I reach for if given an option. That said, I could also drink a whole twelve pack.

04-27-2009 07:38:25 | More by LordAdmNelson
minterro

1.73/5  rDev -13.9%

keg into a cup(not a great way to drink a beer for rating)

A: piss yellow not much head, lots of carbonation bubbles

S: not much there, a bit of corn.

T: not much flavor, its a light beer but come on

M: no body(weak), over carbonated

D: DRINK IT COLD, taste like... for lack of better wording bad if it gets the least bit warm. Again it is cheap beer but still nothing to look forward to, would choice others (keystone) above, not as bad as some (natural light). easy to drink cause it goes down like water.

04-26-2009 01:01:06 | More by minterro
Metalmonk

1.65/5  rDev -17.9%

My neighbor has taken to giving me beers anytime I'm up near his place. This is one of those fine specimens. (He's a nice guy and it's a wonderful gesture.)

The look is offensive to lager lovers everywhere. Sickly pale like watery Crystal Light lemonade and no real head to speak of. Already I'm thinking this was probably not made with a whole lot of love. Bad sign.

Aroma is all corn--or maybe mostly corn and some sugar. Nothing else can be gleaned. It is what it is, and as such it isn't horrendous, but it holds no promise.

Flavor is unsurprisingly bland. Watery, without any real beer character, and faint flashes of the usual crap-macro suspects: corn, DMS, sugar, more corn.

By far one of the worst textures of any beer ever. Watery, with just enough stickiness to make it gross. Especially coupled with that "flavor."

Coors Light deserves the crappy reputation it has amongst the beer-connoiseur crowd. I couldn't even considerate it as a lawn-mower/session thing. It would definitely make a lager-dissing ale-lover appreciate, by comparison, the finer lagers that are out there, but why go through the experience at all? Avoid it completely.

[Coors Light Fun Space: the "Frost Brew Liner" (R) in this can supposedly "locks in taste." Probably a great idea, since there's so precious little of that to begin with.]

04-25-2009 00:06:24 | More by Metalmonk
BeerFMAndy

Wisconsin

2.6/5  rDev +29.4%

23oz draft pour into a Hefeweiss glass at Buffalo Wild Wings.

A - Clear super light wheat yellow color. Incredibly deluded looking. Half a finger head that I watched disappear in seconds. Left a small ring.

S - Corn and adjunct smell. Cheap, barely noticeable from the lack of head and ice cold temperature. Yeasty smell when I agitated it.

T - Surprising amount of flavor for a light lager that looks this dull. Not to say the flavor is great by any means; corn, wheat, but crisp and refreshing.

M - Light, crisp, and refreshing. Very watery. Carbonation bite.

D - This is one drinkable light lager. Goes down well and refreshes. A solid lawnmower/session beer.

04-24-2009 03:23:47 | More by BeerFMAndy
Cakanator

1.23/5  rDev -38.8%

Great way to end my night. It's light golden in color and thats about it. Theres nothing smooth, flavorful, or complex about it. It's a light beer that my friends and I use for beer pong. It's one of the first beers I ever had growing up, and thankfully its not apart of my everyday life.

04-22-2009 13:46:07 | More by Cakanator
Thorpe429

2.53/5  rDev +25.9%

Straight out of the Silver Bullet.

A: Pale yellow with slightly more color than the typical light lager. A large head to start out, but quickly receding. Little to no lacing.

S: Slightly metallic and grainy, with a little bit of pale malt and no hops.

T: I'd say the best of the "Big 3" light lagers, though certainly nothing special. Much better on tap than can or bottle, but that's probably just the mouthfeel. The taste is like the nose--some pale malt, but mostly adjunct and carbonation.

M: Carbonation and a light mouthfeel. Heavier the Miller Lite, and much less carbonation than Bud Light. Not terrible, but nothing at all special.

D: Probably the most drinkable of the style--it's the one I'd resort to with no other choice. Goes down fairly smooth, and I could see having this one over the other lights in a place where even Bud wasn't available.

04-21-2009 02:59:25 | More by Thorpe429
BDLbrewster

2.28/5  rDev +13.4%

Pours a thin watery yellow color. Little foamy head and no real lacing.

Smells like aluminum and adjuncts. Not horribly offensive.

The flavor presents adjuncts on the forefront, followed by a small amount of alcohol and metallic twang.

Mouthfeel is ok, thin and amply carbonated. Somewhat refreshing.

Drinkability is there. Not offensive and it also has alcohol in it! It is what it is.

04-21-2009 00:53:43 | More by BDLbrewster
broozer81

1.18/5  rDev -41.3%

This one has got more water in it than the Mississippi...the other night I finished two prima pils 12oz and was left only with a coors light keg and it was almost undrinkable..light yellow appearance and no smell, taste of nothing but additives what was i thinking..only drink this stuff if there's nothing but water available, maybe you'll pee less..

04-15-2009 03:23:57 | More by broozer81
sonicdescent

1.63/5  rDev -18.9%

I really wanted to go against the grain here, but I can't bring myself to do it. This beer sucks.

Appears yellow with no head.

Smells of nothing but a hint of corn in the distance.

Taste is the same, but somehow this is sickening enough that it still goes down rough.

Mouth is thin and fizzy.

I hate to macro bash, but this is rusty water. Never again.

04-14-2009 21:45:42 | More by sonicdescent
Monsteruss

1.08/5  rDev -46.3%

Well, what can I say..um..Its awfull. I normally don't drink these no-taste piss beers, but I thought I'd do one just for BA.
The foam was bubbly, light and dissapated quickly. The smell was that of the foam - I couldn't really smell anything except a hint of light hops. Taste was horrible. I swear I couldn't taste much of anything. The smell was a pre-curser to the taste - nothing with a hint of light hops. It came with the 'Cold Activated' bottle. What a cheap gimmick to get you to buy their beer (if you can call it that). I can imagine their thoughts - we don't know how to make good beer, so we'll get them to buy it through gimmicks and adverts.

04-13-2009 23:17:31 | More by Monsteruss
roddwolff

Mexico

2.33/5  rDev +15.9%

They were blue montain logo and proceeded to serve in my glass "Bayern Pilsener",

A: Extra pale yellow color, a discreet head of foam and many threads of bubbles, also you can hear the fizz of the bubbles;

S: Mineral water and corn, slightly stale, you get confused with cider;

T: Sweet corn and mineral water, very few malt;

M: Fizzy, watery and extra-light body;

D: Has a high abv for a light beer, tastes pretty much like tecate light.

04-11-2009 18:38:01 | More by roddwolff
hooverw1

3.13/5  rDev +55.7%

For years this was my beer of choice. Light beer with a descent taste that you could drink all night. Light taste, but watery. Good drinkability, but slight aftertaste. There are better beers at a cheaper price (Schlitz, PBR) Not a bad beer, they sell enough of it obviously. Better than Bud Light and Miller Lite.

04-08-2009 01:58:08 | More by hooverw1
CHickman

1.53/5  rDev -23.9%

Most people that I know drink this beer because (A) they are on a diet or (B) they don't really like beer and need to drink something while at a bar or a party. To me, this is the lightest, most watered down beer that I've ever had and should only be consumed if you are partaking in an athletic event and want to drink on a hot summer day.

The beer has no flavor, and while it doesn't taste bad, I just don't see the point in drinking a beer that lacks any true beer flavor. It's very drinkable from a refreshment perspective, but to me it's so similar to drinking club soda that I find it pointless to even drink this beer unless it's the only thing to drink at any given event.

04-06-2009 04:03:13 | More by CHickman
spycow

2.98/5  rDev +48.3%

Poured into a pint glass.

A: Very light blonde color with a hazy, carbonated look.

S: Smells like beer. Nothing unique stands out to give it any distinctness.

T: The taste of light beer. You have a hint of hops but with a light aftertaste. It is quite similar to Miller lite but taste a little more watery. Aftertaste doesn't stay with you too long.

M&D: It has a carbonated and thin feel to the mouth. A drinkable beer especially in the summer.

This is a beer I would drink for a light american lager.

04-05-2009 03:26:31 | More by spycow
DerrickBerg

North Dakota

2.53/5  rDev +25.9%

Very light straw colored, really clear. 1 finger head that dissapears fast. No lacing

Not much to smell some grains.

Tastes of light grain. Not much there.

Very thin, like water.

Good drinkability if you are looking to get drunk bullshitting with friends, party beer. Of the light beers just to party with this is one of my favorites,

04-02-2009 06:04:24 | More by DerrickBerg
ThePeskyDingo

2.15/5  rDev +7%

VERY vigorous pour yields a 1.5 finger white head that dissipates within 20 seconds. Clear straw color with good carbonation.

Smells like corn.

Taste is nearly non-existent. Very light taste of grains. Very watery. Not great, but not horrible.

Mouthfeel is watery, thin, and mild carbonation.

Drinks easy, like a glass of water almost, which I dont think is good...

An easy to drink session beer with small amounts of flavor. if you want to get drunk of lots of beer and not taste much, this is your beer.

04-02-2009 05:53:25 | More by ThePeskyDingo
njthebestofme

2.6/5  rDev +29.4%

not my favorite of the light beers out there ..i didnt not see what it would look like poured i drink it out of the can when with friends bullshting fishing or out side..taste it too watery no real grains or hops jump out to me just taste plain.. drinkably is there if its hot and you need water

04-01-2009 14:33:38 | More by njthebestofme
bsend

2.38/5  rDev +18.4%

Poured this 12 oz. bottle into a Bud Light (ohhh the irony) 14 oz. glass.

This beer poured a pale straw color. There was a large amount of carbonation, similar to fountain soda. A proper pour produced a small fizzy white head that lasted for a few seconds.

The smell was faint with yeast and corn. Nothing impressive to write here.

The taste was to be expected. There was a small level of yeast and barley flavor mixed in with water. Not a great beer, but for what it is a better choice among other light lagers.

The mouth feel was watery at best. Loads of carbonation played on the tongue but this wasn't exactly a good thing.

There is a lot of drinkability on this one. It is a light adjunct lager. You can drink these all day.

Final Thoughts - This beer has a place in the realm of brews. It goes down easy and provides light flavor. Definitely ideal for the masses, but not as favored on this website. I enjoy it better than Bud Light, but that doesn't necessarily say very much. Ok light beer. If you are low on cash, pick this one up, otherwise put your money elsewhere.

03-28-2009 23:02:51 | More by bsend
FallinDeck

2.68/5  rDev +33.3%

The aroma has a hay/grapefruitthing happening. The head is gone within a few moments. It looks like a flat apple cider. Not much taste but goes down easy. I'd buy this beer again when money is tight and I just need to keep a cold beer in my hands all night long.

03-24-2009 16:01:53 | More by FallinDeck
Yeastcakes

2.75/5  rDev +36.8%

Serving notes: shaker glass, room temp
A - very light adjunct (corn) aroma, little else
A - one finger of head that quickly dissipates. Very pale clear yellow.
M - Light body, medium carbonation.
T - Same faint adjuncty flavor that I smelled in the aroma, very little else in the way of hops. Very clean finish.
D - As drinkable as water although not quite as good at room temp. Good at one price - free.

03-20-2009 00:12:51 | More by Yeastcakes
DannyS

2.6/5  rDev +29.4%

The last of the BMC light beer trio that i have yet to review. poured from a 12 oz 'cold activated' bottle into a pint glass

A - Looks like colored water? No head? check and check

S - What's this? The smell of beer? It's faint, but it's there. Mostly corn though.

T - I'm stunned. It's not terrible. It's by no means great, but it's not offensive. I actually taste a bit of hop/yeast in there with the adjuncts.

M - the fizz is thinner than the other two big macro lights, but it's still like soda water.

D - If I really wanted to, I could pound back multiple of these. But as I've said before, why would you want to?

Overall - If I was forced to watch my diet and only drink light beer, I might actually drink this. But as long as I have access to craft brew, I wouldn't waste my time with this.

03-18-2009 05:11:00 | More by DannyS