Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

awful

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
ColForbinBC

1.63/5  rDev -18.9%

12oz can poured into a pint glass

Pours an extremely pale yellow, crystal clear, with very active carbonation. The head was paper white, rose a fluffy two fingers, and faded fast.

Very faint fruit (sour apples) and grainy malt.

Metallic and sweet overall with a very faint hop bitterness in the finish.

Thin and watery. Really not much to it.

Extremely light and crisp, but due to the overall lack of flavor, I wouldn't want to reach for another one.

05-26-2009 16:27:29 | More by ColForbinBC
originalsin

1.48/5  rDev -26.4%

It's 1am, Monday night in New Jersey. Watched the Lakers lose game four so I decided that now was a spectacular time to reaffirm my absolute hate of the Nuggets by tasting their pride and joy: the Rockies.

As a young man, I spent nearly every Spring Break vacation skiing in Colorado with my father and brothers. Back then, the Rockies tasted delicious. Everything about them blew my mind. Still, today, driving home through Colorado is one of the most incredible voyages imaginable.

My can was blue so apparently we're on point here: cold as the Rockies. Maybe if I get lucky my tongue will get frost bite then I won't have to worry about actually tasting this one. Alas, no such luck.

The pour is a light fizzy yellow, of course. No head. No lacing. No retention, of course. Smells faintly of grains and ... you know what, scratch that. This beer smells and tastes like defeat. It smells like waking up in your boxers laying on your campuses sunken gardens next to a pool of your own vomit.

It tastes worse.

I'm venting here (you know...the wide mouth can, right?) Coors light, I blame you for the past 4 times I've blacked out. (I've blacked out 4 times) I blame you for everything that's went wrong thus far with my college career. I'd say I appreciate all of the good times but you don't really have much to do with those- those involve a lot of Stone brews and maybe, maybe just a bottle or two of Makers Mark.

I'm making a vow- next year, the keggerator in my house will never EVER hold a keg of coors. You are henceforth banished from the land.

05-26-2009 05:17:57 | More by originalsin
hockeyhead

Colorado

3.18/5  rDev +58.2%

bought six minis for three bucks

A: looks like light pee from when you drink some water
S: metalic corn smell like other american beer
T: nothin much little corn no bitterness very water but it is refreshing though i might add when served very cold
M: feels like the mineral water you get at the store from france
D: overall if its hot and you want to mow the lawn and get a cheap buzz pick up some of this great for bar b q's

05-25-2009 21:30:22 | More by hockeyhead
nlmartin

1.83/5  rDev -9%

This is another beer I have never understood. Alot of folks love the silver bullet. I think I would rather be shot with a silver bullet than drink this one again. The beer was served partly out of a glass. The remaining beer was drank straight from the can.

Appearance: The beers body is a light yellow coloration. The head was white and shortly lived. Tiny bubbles of carbonation roll to the top of my glass.

Smell: The aroma of the beer is vaguely lemony grain. No off aromas noted.

Taste: A bit of sweetness with a vaguely fruit citrus twang. No off flavors but not alot going on.

Mouthfeel / Drinkability: The body is thin and watery. The carbonation is active. Frankly I still dont understand this beers popularity. Boring thin and watery are not virtues of any beer I want. Oddly enough I would score this one lower directly from the can. The carbonation becomes stinging and anoying. From the can no aroma and no flavors are present. Just a weak alcohol delivery system.

05-20-2009 02:25:43 | More by nlmartin
ChopperSmith

1.4/5  rDev -30.3%

After being given this beer for free at a party, it wasn't worth the cost.

Appearance: Very pale yellow, carbonation bubbles but little or no head. No lacing or retention at all.

Smell: Like stale water, with a slight grain scent.

Taste: Like beer flavored water. Not much going on, slight corn or grain flavor. No hops, no yeast and no spice. Pretty much like you would expect for a very watered down American Lager (and I am using the term American Lager very loosely here).

Mouthfeel: Like carbonated water. Thin, lifeless, weak.

Drinkability: Awful. I'd rather drink water than this beer, and I can usually tolerate bad beers....but this one is just too watered down and tasteless to be worth ever trying again. I wasn't able to finish it.

Serving suggestion: Out of the can, bottle or plastic cup...don't bother dirtying a beer glass for this one. Or better yet...just recycle the can, but leave the beer in it.

05-20-2009 00:28:32 | More by ChopperSmith
Duhast500

Rhode Island

1.83/5  rDev -9%

Poured from a can into a Shipyard Pumpkinhead pint glass.

The color is a clear light yellow with little two fingers of foamy white head with some thin lacing that leaves quickly.

The smell is bit muted, some light corn aroma with some light malt flavor and almost no hops in the nose.

The taste is light and clear with a mix of lights malts with some salty and clangy metal like flavor.

If you are inexperienced with big beers this a beer that would be good to try. A good session beer and/or a good summer time brew. The feel is light and is light going down, this beer leaves little or no fingerprints at all.

05-14-2009 13:38:45 | More by Duhast500
drunkboxer1

2.5/5  rDev +24.4%

Pours very pale yellow. It's highly carbonated, but there isn't any head. I can't smell anything. I really tried but the surrounding smells drown it out. Tastes crisp and clean (like a Fresh Rocky Mountain Stream). Would be nice if I was eating hot wings or Indian food or something, due to the carbonation, but otherwise not much to see here. Did you know you can get Schlitz for 5.25 per 12 pack? Did you know it tastes better than this? How about that.

05-12-2009 19:08:32 | More by drunkboxer1
Jangles

3.93/5  rDev +95.5%

Had a coldie on tap, in the usual ballpark plastic cup, with a fully loaded hot dog at the Angels game yesterday. Delicious. Nothing like a beer and a dog at a ballgame, and neither one disappointed me, nor did the Halos. This is just a pleasant beer that I enjoy drinking.

05-11-2009 22:23:48 | More by Jangles
holycrapamoly

1.58/5  rDev -21.4%

I went to a party with some friends after our son's first Holy Communion. Our host offered a beer and of course, I accepted, wondering what new taste I might be introduced to. I hadn't had one of these in over ten years. It was in the new? "Vented" can. Crystal clear with a slight yellow brown tinge. Smells of aluminum and grain. Tastes like Coors light, which is to say it is flat and watery. I don't want to break the Respect Beer rule but... The mouthfeel was that of water. I guess it was drinkable if I was very hot and thirsty and there was no tea around. The antithesis of a good beer. Hard to believe these same guys make the respectably good Blue Moon line. Avoid.

05-09-2009 15:34:55 | More by holycrapamoly
Poormon79

3.8/5  rDev +89.1%

A. A typical clear light beer look. Decent carbonation. Very thin head

S. Has a mix of hop and grain smell

T. Very easy to drink beer. Good for parties

M. Carbonation kicks in. Crisp. Noticable sticky after taste

D. Its a light beer. Drink all you want. Like i said good for parties. Pour it for pong.

Final Thoughts: Its a fairly cheap beer. Good for parties. Easy to drink. I enjoy it

05-09-2009 03:54:48 | More by Poormon79
jmfc8237

Delaware

2.53/5  rDev +25.9%

A- Straw yellow with a quick blitz of carbonation lending a hand to a fast reduction in poor head retention. No lacing

S- Very faint fruit aroma with whispy grains and tangy hop nose.

T- Its coors light

M/D- When all else fails head for the rockies.

05-08-2009 20:16:36 | More by jmfc8237
mothman

United Kingdom (Wales)

1.88/5  rDev -6.5%

Poured into Sam Adams Sensory Glass.

Color is a clear straw light yellow. Carbonation bubbles stick all around the glass. Pours a 1 and 1/2 finger head that fizzles down instantly.

Aroma is grainy and metallic-like.

Taste is pretty much the same thing, except more heavy of the metallic taste. Nothing that I am enjoying.

Mouthfeel is very very crisp. High Carbonation. Light bodied. Ends with a sticky grainy aftertaste.

Overall, I am glad I got this from a buddy. I would never buy it. I will definitely stay away from this one.

05-08-2009 03:33:38 | More by mothman
MLasoski

2.25/5  rDev +11.9%

Alright, so I have brought myself to review this beer. It's light, it's refreshing, and I must have had this beer more times than I could count. There's nothing more to expect out of it and its cold activated bottle. It's great for, shall we say, recreational use, and maybe a default choice for a beer at the bar. It's my choice beer over Bud Light and Miller Lite. It lacks any sort of robust, triple-hops, or beechwood aged taste, but its drinkable all on its own.

05-07-2009 05:16:55 | More by MLasoski
MaxBrews

Connecticut

1.45/5  rDev -27.9%

Ok why I'm reviewing this is beyond me. To be honest I've been drinking a couple of beers and I'm getting buzzed and I want to keep it going without wasting decent beer.

It pours piss yellow, with a thin head and virtually no lacing once the head disappears. Its light and flavorless. The only flavor it gives is a faint grassy and grain taste. Very little carbonation. This is not a high quality beer by any means.

Its cheap, and I suppose to have with a meal its next best thing to water but water can't get you tipsy. The same applies to mowing the lawn. And although I'm not in a 100% sober state, its never been good. and in the state that I'm in its equivalent to water I can drink away. I must ask my father why he adores this beer so much.

05-07-2009 02:03:39 | More by MaxBrews
BeerMark

Alabama

2.6/5  rDev +29.4%

I've chugged many of these over the years when I didn't know any better. It's thin bodied, fizzy, and watery. Massive TV ads make you feel like you can get your mack on more easily by drinking this. There is a little malt flavor hidden in here with the usual corn/rice cheapness associated with the style. I must hand it to the brewers for finding a way to make a beer not taste like beer. The best way to describe this is non-offending. Some of my buddies dearly love this beer and they consider an IPA one of those "dark beers". Ha ha.

05-06-2009 23:34:51 | More by BeerMark
twiggamortis420

Mmmm, the silver bullet. A train flailing snow all over the place just rushed through my living room and left scantily clad hotties in it's wake. Nice.

Pours a crystal clear pale yellow color with a brief flash of foam that is gone before I could even take a sniff. No lacing either.

Smell is a husky, grainy light malt with some corn thrown in. A few metallic notes are present. Very faint scent and quite nearly smells like nothing. Not impressive, but it is not foul either.

Taste is equally neutral. It does not give me the gag reflex that bud light and miller light sometimes do. The carbonation is about the most flavorful part of this beer, with a few mild notes of malt and corn. This is not a bad brew for hot summer days at the ballpark or after yardwork. I prefer it over any of the other BMC light beer offerings.

05-03-2009 18:11:55 | More by twiggamortis420
sarahspat

2.3/5  rDev +14.4%

Really light, totally clear yellow in color. Thin white head dissipates quickly.

Nose is just corn, but it's not unpleasant.

Taste is comprised of corn and sweet malt flavors. Weak and simple.

Mouthfeel is light and watery.

The lack of strength in flavor, ABV, and the watery mouthfeel contribute to the drinkability. I could easily put back a few of these. It's obviously not the most delicious beer in the world, but as long as it's cold, it's not THAT bad. But if it's warm... I would rather not drink at all, to put it in a nice way.

05-01-2009 15:01:50 | More by sarahspat
biboergosum

Alberta (Canada)

2.03/5  rDev +1%

12oz bottle. A drinking buddy of mine always has a bottle (or six) of these while I put back the local pints. At our most recent after work Friday brain-dump, I submitted to a previous taunt of trying this with a BA mindset. The slick, shiny bottle label was indeed exhibiting a blue tinge, indicating its suitable to drink coldness, it would seem.

This beer pours a very clear, very pale straw colour - so light, that I can clearly see the items sitting on the bar behind it. It displays a few fingers of thinly foamy, and generally soapy bone-white head, which actually exhibits so-so retention, and some sparse retarded broccoli floret lace around the glass as it quickly dissolves.

It smells of a quite soft pale malt, corn and rice graininess, a chalky, metallic essence, and some vegetal huskiness. The taste is corny pale malt, with a surprising, though very thin, cheap breakfast biscuit character, vegetable starch, and a mildly skanky mustiness - this one's score is actually rather low on the unofficial scale in that matter.

It is indeed somewhat over-carbonated, the body thin and watery (it is all about light beer, after all), mostly smooth, and mildly cloying. It finishes off-dry, the echoes of rice and corn husks a tad surprising in their persistence, and the slightly lingering essence of over-cooked veggies - not so much.

This would only be tangentially acceptable on a hot, sunny, very thirsty, medically dehydrated day, as a moderately more alcoholic substitute for that other mountain-fresh beverage sold in over-priced bottles at bars everywhere.

04-27-2009 20:20:59 | More by biboergosum
LordAdmNelson

2.13/5  rDev +6%

A- Adjunct yellow with small, white, rapidly fading head.

S- Not strong. Mainly corn, some sweetness, a twinge metallic.

T- Not bad, but by all means not very good. Corn and some breadiness. Among my favorite of the macros, but still not very good.

M- Like soda almost. Highly carbonated, little body.

D- Like it, but it's not going to be something I reach for if given an option. That said, I could also drink a whole twelve pack.

04-27-2009 07:38:25 | More by LordAdmNelson
minterro

Colorado

1.73/5  rDev -13.9%

keg into a cup(not a great way to drink a beer for rating)

A: piss yellow not much head, lots of carbonation bubbles

S: not much there, a bit of corn.

T: not much flavor, its a light beer but come on

M: no body(weak), over carbonated

D: DRINK IT COLD, taste like... for lack of better wording bad if it gets the least bit warm. Again it is cheap beer but still nothing to look forward to, would choice others (keystone) above, not as bad as some (natural light). easy to drink cause it goes down like water.

04-26-2009 01:01:06 | More by minterro
Metalmonk

1.65/5  rDev -17.9%

My neighbor has taken to giving me beers anytime I'm up near his place. This is one of those fine specimens. (He's a nice guy and it's a wonderful gesture.)

The look is offensive to lager lovers everywhere. Sickly pale like watery Crystal Light lemonade and no real head to speak of. Already I'm thinking this was probably not made with a whole lot of love. Bad sign.

Aroma is all corn--or maybe mostly corn and some sugar. Nothing else can be gleaned. It is what it is, and as such it isn't horrendous, but it holds no promise.

Flavor is unsurprisingly bland. Watery, without any real beer character, and faint flashes of the usual crap-macro suspects: corn, DMS, sugar, more corn.

By far one of the worst textures of any beer ever. Watery, with just enough stickiness to make it gross. Especially coupled with that "flavor."

Coors Light deserves the crappy reputation it has amongst the beer-connoiseur crowd. I couldn't even considerate it as a lawn-mower/session thing. It would definitely make a lager-dissing ale-lover appreciate, by comparison, the finer lagers that are out there, but why go through the experience at all? Avoid it completely.

[Coors Light Fun Space: the "Frost Brew Liner" (R) in this can supposedly "locks in taste." Probably a great idea, since there's so precious little of that to begin with.]

04-25-2009 00:06:24 | More by Metalmonk
BeerFMAndy

Wisconsin

2.6/5  rDev +29.4%

23oz draft pour into a Hefeweiss glass at Buffalo Wild Wings.

A - Clear super light wheat yellow color. Incredibly deluded looking. Half a finger head that I watched disappear in seconds. Left a small ring.

S - Corn and adjunct smell. Cheap, barely noticeable from the lack of head and ice cold temperature. Yeasty smell when I agitated it.

T - Surprising amount of flavor for a light lager that looks this dull. Not to say the flavor is great by any means; corn, wheat, but crisp and refreshing.

M - Light, crisp, and refreshing. Very watery. Carbonation bite.

D - This is one drinkable light lager. Goes down well and refreshes. A solid lawnmower/session beer.

04-24-2009 03:23:47 | More by BeerFMAndy
Cakanator

1.23/5  rDev -38.8%

Great way to end my night. It's light golden in color and thats about it. Theres nothing smooth, flavorful, or complex about it. It's a light beer that my friends and I use for beer pong. It's one of the first beers I ever had growing up, and thankfully its not apart of my everyday life.

04-22-2009 13:46:07 | More by Cakanator
Thorpe429

2.53/5  rDev +25.9%

Straight out of the Silver Bullet.

A: Pale yellow with slightly more color than the typical light lager. A large head to start out, but quickly receding. Little to no lacing.

S: Slightly metallic and grainy, with a little bit of pale malt and no hops.

T: I'd say the best of the "Big 3" light lagers, though certainly nothing special. Much better on tap than can or bottle, but that's probably just the mouthfeel. The taste is like the nose--some pale malt, but mostly adjunct and carbonation.

M: Carbonation and a light mouthfeel. Heavier the Miller Lite, and much less carbonation than Bud Light. Not terrible, but nothing at all special.

D: Probably the most drinkable of the style--it's the one I'd resort to with no other choice. Goes down fairly smooth, and I could see having this one over the other lights in a place where even Bud wasn't available.

04-21-2009 02:59:25 | More by Thorpe429
BDLbrewster

2.28/5  rDev +13.4%

Pours a thin watery yellow color. Little foamy head and no real lacing.

Smells like aluminum and adjuncts. Not horribly offensive.

The flavor presents adjuncts on the forefront, followed by a small amount of alcohol and metallic twang.

Mouthfeel is ok, thin and amply carbonated. Somewhat refreshing.

Drinkability is there. Not offensive and it also has alcohol in it! It is what it is.

04-21-2009 00:53:43 | More by BDLbrewster