Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

awful

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
1.6/5  rDev -20.4%

Ugh! Where do I begin with this one? My first trip to America and I was introduced to this beer first, and it was so bad I nearly swore off trying any other American beer! (I was glad to be proven wrong however, as I have tried some fantastic beers in America).

A: lemon-yellow, really fizzy, poured into a 1cm head that dissipated with no lace.

S: Nothing but 'grain'. Maybe a hint of hay?

T: Wait, this is a BEER? Isn't it supposed to taste of.. uhmmm.. Barley, Hops, hell, Something?! I think tap-water has more flavour than this. But seriously, it tasted of almost nothing, maybe a bit of corn.. That's it.

M: Watery

D: Probably a cheap substitute for water.
Overall: A bad first impression of American lagers.

bala747, Mar 15, 2010
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Pours a light yellow color, nice carbonation, small white head, with some sticky lacing left behind. The nose is malty, with some hops, slight caramel. The taste is slightly sweet, malty, slight hop note. Light body. Not drinkable, would not buy again.

Wasatch, Mar 13, 2010
2.75/5  rDev +36.8%

By far the best of the Big three light beers. However by no means is this the golden standarad of beer.
A- Your standard micro- horse piss yellow foam quickly dissapates leaving little or no lacing behind
S- less grotesque than its big three counterparts, but nothing to brag about
T- nothing great but nothing horrible either. Heavy on the carbonation, like most macros
M- bubbly, almost like a coke. No real special flavors, but as stated before when compared to its constituants, its okay
D- If you are in college and need a cheap beer, and are unfortunate enough to live somewhere that doesnt have a wide selection of beer, than this is for you

crimsontide1013, Mar 10, 2010
2.28/5  rDev +13.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

(Served in a strange)
A- This beer pours a pale yellow hue to a crystal clear body with only 1 or 2 tiny bubbles of fizz in the body. The head fizzes as the snow white head dissipates before the glass can even get to my lips.
S- This beer has a soft faint grain note that is soon gone and only a clean aroma with a faint sulfur hint is left.
T- The very soft green apple hard candy note finishes with a field corn note that lingers a bit. There is a slight watery taste that covers these flavors as the beer warms.
M- This beer has a medium-light mouthfeel with a watery texture and a bit of a flat texture on the tongue.
D- This beer has no off flavors except for the green apple candy note. It would have been nice to see even a hint of hop or grain but there was really just nothing.

rhoadsrage, Mar 10, 2010

ok it has been FOREVER since i have consumed one of these lovelies. but yesterday at a family party i was offered a beer to which i said "sure!". once i saw it was a coors light i could not withdraw my commitment, and be rude. so the pour looked like light colored pee. i wanted to attempt a pour instead of drinking out of the can but perhaps i should have kept it in the can to preserve the coldness needed to keep this as drinkable as possible. it smelled fine...not like a load of dung in a bag...just fine. the taste was ugh...shittastic. i had to get it down as quick as possible b/c as it warmed it started tasting as if i was slurping some type of liquid off the men's room floor of yankee stadium. and that's how it started to smell. has craft beer turned me into a snob? perhaps...but i'd rather be a snob, than drink fat smelly guy pee in a can. just me...

drawbackwards, Mar 07, 2010
2.42/5  rDev +20.4%

The Silver Bullet

Pours a pretty generic strawish yellow color, fizzy head recedes quickly. Welcome to the light lager category. Seen better, seen worse.

Smell has gotta be in the bottom quartile though...grainy, musty, tinny...

Thankfully I don't drink it for the smell. The taste is probably actually my favorite of the Macro lights. A kind of sweetness helps mask most of the things that one would normally not experience while drinking this beer. Minimal hop presence if any, and maybe some malt contributes to that sweetness, but it cant be much.

Mouthfeel is pretty light, watery...big carbonation bubbles make this one sting if you drink it as cold as they tell you to.

Overall though, way better than Bud Light, Keystone Lt, Natty Lt, etc etc, still better than Miller Lite. i've foudn my personal winner for this category, and I'm sticking by its side.

AmberMan22, Mar 07, 2010
2.03/5  rDev +1%

No head, aroma, lacing or flavor to speak of. I literally could not finish the beer. Normally, I can drink this beer but the past couple of months I have been drinking more micro brews so this now tastes horrible compared to the latter. This was served at a party so I didn't have much choice.

DFHAle, Mar 03, 2010
2.98/5  rDev +48.3%

This is the best light beer of all of the big three beer brands. It has a refreshing taste and a better smell than that of Bud Light and Miller Light. Much more drinkable than the previous two as well as a much better mouthfeel. A good solid beer at a reasonable price.

Cheers!

smithza9, Feb 27, 2010
1.98/5  rDev -1.5%

A - Clear golden color with a fluffy white head that reduces fast.

S - Faint smell, light corn and malt sweetness.

T - A little bit of adjunct sweetness, and not a lot else. Watery more than anything else.

M - Light and crisp with a lot of carbonation.

D - Easy to drink, but that's probably because it is watery. Flavor isn't great though.

Notes: What you would expect. Always used to say that this is everyone's second favorite beer, and everyone kind of likes it, but doesn't really like it. Not offensive at all but not good.

FreshHawk, Feb 24, 2010
3.33/5  rDev +65.7%

Nothing I can say we don't all already know. It's a cheap American beer produced for the masses. I actually like this beer and if I'm drinking bmc and am going the light route this is my preference. A solid beer when holding a party or football related event.

tykees88, Feb 20, 2010
1.35/5  rDev -32.8%

Will try to be objective about this one while refraining from the college frat party references.

A- Pale yellow lager with a wimpy insipid head which hung around for a while.

S - Nothing attractive here - maybe a soapy dishwater aroma.

T - I have had flavored club sodas with more taste than this one. Tastes more like the container than anything else. Maybe a little quinine or a slight grassy vegetal taste.

M - Thin, light bodied and no finish or aftertaste to speak of --which is in this case is not a bad thing.

D - Couldn't get through this one as I poured half of the bottle down the drain. Pass.

wise456, Feb 20, 2010
1.7/5  rDev -15.4%

Pours a pale yellow with a thin white head. Nothing much in the aroma, same thing can be said about the taste. Barely any flavor, maybe some sweet grain here and there, but that's about it. Pretty much like water mixed with hops. Easy to drink a bunch of these since it's like water. Stable college party beer, but that's about it.

Evocatus, Feb 19, 2010
1.65/5  rDev -17.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

A: Pours perfectly clear, with an extremely faint yellow color. The white head is initially rather tall, with a foamy, patchy texture. Retention is so-so, although I've seen much worse from a light macro. A modicum of lacing sticks to the glass.

S: A whiff of graininess accompanied by some mild cooked veggie notes. Some floral/herbal hop hints, along with some metallic, vaguely sourish aromas.

T: A flash of grain husks along with cooked vegetable and herbal flavor. A bit metallic. Quite watery overall.

M: Obviously light. Carbonation is surprisingly (and disappointingly) light as well, lending to a slightly flat watery character that certainly doesn't redeem any of its other flaws.

D: Of the big three macro light beers, Coors is definitely my least preferred option. Bud Light, while insipid, at least manages to be somewhat crisp and refreshing. This can't even really manage that. Reasonably inoffensive, but there's just no reason to bother. If you can't get beyond light beers, at least drink Miller Lite instead.

Clydesdale, Feb 16, 2010
1.15/5  rDev -42.8%

WOOHOO SILVER BULLET I am convinced this shit could kill a vampire! Heres We Goes!

Appearance: Pours a slight white fizzy head that quickly retreats to not even a slick cap no lacing what so ever, Pissy yellow with alot of bubbles breaking the surface.

Smell: Metal and corn and a slight urine smell. Maybe a little malt some where.

Taste: What taste? I am trying to pick up a anything notable. I taste corn and a strange metallic after taste.

Mouthfeel: very fizzy and thin.

Drinkability: You think this beer would get a gold star here. But yeah it doesn't. Even though it is a light watery tasteless lager I can't seee myself drinking more than one or two because A. It is not good tasting and B. If I drink a couple of these I am bound to spend every 15 minutes taking a piss.

BOTTOM LINE! Only drink this if you are handed one. The only reason I did this review is because my room mate's brother bought a 12pk and didn't even finish half before he left so my room mate was like oh go ahead because she definately wouldn't touch them. The funny thing is this is my Step Sisters favorite beer but when she had it was bottles which was slightly better but only slightly!

Kylito87, Feb 12, 2010
2.1/5  rDev +4.5%

(a) Pours with next to no head at all, no lacing, little carbonation, so clear I can see its soul. (2/5)

(s) Not much of anything here...really just smells like every party I've ever been to in my life. (2/5)

(t) Empty, instant sting on the palete and then nothing else. (2/5)

(m) Did I mistake my buddies glass of piss for my silver bullet? Nah... (1/5)

(d) Drinkability is defined by usuage. If your looking for the cheapest beer to forget about her then this is the one. Drinking for quality...pass it up. Could finish a case of 24 if you wanted to...but who does? (3/5)

lbaker, Feb 12, 2010
2.03/5  rDev +1%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

The can has so many gimmicks to encourage a person to keep it in the can and avoid seeing what he's drinking. I was able to ignore temptation, though. Poured from the vented-wide-mouthed, cold-activated, Frost-Brew-lined can, this one has a crystal-clear, palest golden color and a quickly-vanishing white head. The aroma is more like rice than it is like beer, but it easily reminds a person of the aroma in the dorm common room early on a Sunday morning, plastic cups from a long-abandoned beer pong game still sitting on a table.

I've spent so much time learning to describe complex craft beers, I don't know how to even describe the flavor. Maybe it's because there is very little to identify, only a metallic graininess. But this one is build for speed rather than comfort, with the light body and high carbonation making this as much of an easy-to-drink thirst-quencher as a beer can be. There's a reason you play flip-cup with Coors Light instead of Hopslam. This beer is what it is, a mega-pale light lager, and I won't fault it for that.

devilben02, Feb 11, 2010
1.53/5  rDev -23.9%

This is a beer of my father's left in my fridge since last Summer.

Poured into a shaker pint glass. Two finger head formed of extremely large bubbles that dissipated very quickly. Very pale yellow color. Very clear with nice visible carbonation.

Aroma is pretty much non-existent except a slight corn aroma.
Taste is weak and a mess. There's something skunky, nasty about this that's kind of hard to stomach. A vague medicinal character that's subtly in the background. Really unpleasant. Can't imagine what I'll do with the few that are left in the fridge.

Mouthfeel is a bit fuller than I expected for the style. Not good, but not as I awful as I thought it would be. No drinkability though. Hard to finish.

mklinger, Feb 04, 2010
2.1/5  rDev +4.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Coors light. The Silver bullet. So named because drinking this beer is about as pleasurable as being shot in the face. Ok, maybe that's a bit dramatic, but it ain't good.

Coors light is the lowest of the low in the category of adjunct lager. It is so hard to believe that these same people brew Blue Moon, a decent wheat beer.

The color is the clearest and lightest yellow possible. The color is discernable but I think Mountain Dew has more character.

The flavor is so lackluster it is almost covered completely by the high carbonation. If you drink it from a can it tastes more like tin than like beer. Tastes like some malt syrup mixed with some hop substitute and then watered down with gallons and gallons of cold rocky mountain water. Then they threw in a seltzer tablet.

This beer isn't for anyone but if you don't really care for beer, at least you can drink this and it wont have much "beer" taste. It is also a good beer when spilling it is a high risk, for example at a concert, or while playing beer pong. Don't sit down with this stuff.

h00dak, Feb 02, 2010
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

This beer pours a see thru amber colour with average carbonation that leaves a fast vanishing one finger head and no lacing,the aroma is grains and malts and not much else very little hop aroma here if any,it has a light mouthfeel which is very macro and well carbonated but not well flavoured at all with average tastes of grains,malt and liquid hops,this beer is definately macro and would not buy or drink again if offered,there is too many other good brews out there to have to settle for this.

ADZA, Feb 01, 2010
1.15/5  rDev -42.8%

Poured directly from the keg nozzle into my mouth while I was suspended upside down, supported by two sweaty fraternity brothers counting aloud the number of seconds I was in this precarious position. Apparently this is referred to as 'the kegstand.'

As this was a challenging orientation to adequately review the beer, I opted for a foamy pour into a red plastic cup.

Due to the opacity of my stemware and poor lighting in this guy's backyard, I can only judge the beer's color by the stains on my shirt from the kegstand and the puddles of beer-vomit on the cement. Likely a horrid Mountain Dew color or a vile urine-like hue.

Again, my sense of smell has been dulled by the multiple partygoers' urinating on the fence and the overwhelming scent of Axe Bodyspray--though these odors may be emanating from the beer.

Sweaty and tired from bump 'n' grindin' in the living room, this mineral water-like beer proved to be an excellent post-dance hydrator, albeit a metallic one. Kinda like decaf coffee, only more pointless.

With beer pong skills as limited as mine, this yellow fizz better be drinkable. It turns out it's not, but the two dozen or so consumed leads me to think otherwise.

I look forward to my next brobeer tasting research.

RaulMatisse, Jan 25, 2010
2.3/5  rDev +14.4%

This is one of my least favorite beers I have ever tasted, which is strange because Coors Original is one of my favorite cheap brews. This basically tastes like horrible water, if there is even such a thing. Should not even be considered a beer at all... give me anything other than this and I'm sure i'll be happy.

d1dane, Jan 22, 2010
1.4/5  rDev -30.3%

A - Slightly dehydrated piss yellow
S - Metallic water
T - Sparkling water with a metallic aftertaste. Tastes very very cheap. Low quality ingredients added sparingly.
M - No body, Heavily carbonated like a soda.
D - Water is fairly easy to get down. At 4.2 percent... I'll take a stone levitation ale please.

DNICE555, Jan 20, 2010
1.38/5  rDev -31.3%

Appearence - Very light straw yellow color with quite a bit of carbonation visible.

Aroma - This beer smells like corn and other non hoppy aromas that are unappealing.

Mouthfeel - Coors light carbonation is the only thing that makes this beer semi-drinkable for meh light bubbly mouthfeel.

Taste - coors light tastes like it smells like corn and other nuclear waste products.

Drinkability - not a very good session beer unless you have nothing else or are looking for a cheap fix then this isnt for you.

hopheadjuice, Jan 20, 2010
1.35/5  rDev -32.8%

The moutains are blue and my beer is as cold as the Rockies. I'm following up a 2008 Abyss with this 2009 gem, which expires on March 8th 2010.

The beer pours like water, literally. With even the smallest light behind the pour, the liquid stream is entirely clear. Only after the beer takes shape in the glass do you recognize the slightest shade of gold, and as little bubbles continue to surface from the depths, the white head has disappeared forever, without a trace. The smell is of adjuct lager. Super-grainy and not much else. No sign of hops to be found. A slight fruit sweetness that if not present would condemn the smell of this beer to "ass" status gives it the extra .5 in the rating for aroma.

Good Lord what have I subjected my mouth to? I don't know if I can even describe these flavors beyond "artificial". grains, and again a hint of sweetness, but no hops to be found here either. Watery, airy, disgusting. Yuck. As cold as it is, I was hoping I wouldn't be able to taste it... Unfortunately I was wrong.

Mouthfeel is super light and super carbonated. Gross as everywhere else. Drinkability amounts to a drain pour, although I have been known to shotgun these when I get wasted, so I have to give it a little credit here.

jdklks, Jan 16, 2010
2.08/5  rDev +3.5%

Served pretty cold but the mountains weren't blue so I hope I'm still allowed to review this...
A- Straw yellow with plenty of bubbles rising.Thin white head left only an uneven ring.
S- Smells better than I thought. Lights hops while there still is head. Then once the head is gone, grain and alcohol. Adjunct (corn maybe) smell isn't overpowering.
T- Maple water. Grain overall. Tiniest hop background. Light malt.
M- Highly carbonated with small bubbles but has a flat mouthfeel. Pretty strange.
D- I find this a little sickening. But it's so watery and the adjunct/chemical taste isn't unbearable so I feel I could drink a 24 case.
I think this beer is a waste of money.

Yoonisaykul, Jan 12, 2010