Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

awful

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
1.73/5  rDev -13.9%

Oh boy, the cold-activated can!? Had to put this one in the freezer for a few minutes in order to make the rockies blue (and the beer palatable).

Flavor is... well, it doesn't taste like a whole lot. Extremely watery with corny and husky flavors. Would probably be a good match for eating plain tortilla chips, sans salsa, sans everything. Overall, it's not worth it. Give me PBR or 'Gansett any day over Coors Light.

This beer has its place though. It belongs in sticky, dingy frat-house basements, coolers at the beach, and everywhere else craft beer isn't and likely won't be appreciated.

dasenebler, Jul 20, 2009
2.83/5  rDev +40.8%

Pours a light yellow with no head or lacing.

Very very light mouthfeel and taste, a bit of a metallic banana flavor with medium to high carbonation. A dry beer with not much to hate about it as there is so little flavor.

Very drinkable if you are thirsty for a water type beverage.

Not the worst light beer as it could be very refreshing on a hot day. This would be the beer I think non beer drinkers should like this as opposed to bud light as this has litte to no off flavor.

Mardukk, Jul 20, 2009
2.63/5  rDev +30.8%

Oh Coors Light. The beer that made up 90% of my drinking Freshman year of college. I managed to pretty much avoid it all of my sophomore year as I had discovered Killians Irish Red and Blue Moon. This beer is really only good for drinking games. I avoid it as much as possible.

VictorEHuskie, Jul 19, 2009
2.13/5  rDev +6%

ahhhh high school and early college memories...
I don't hate this beer, I just don't think there's anything interesting or appealing about it. I think of it as that social lubricant I used as a freshman and sophomore in college.
Tastes pretty much like water.

wd40, Jul 19, 2009
2.68/5  rDev +33.3%

A- Urine color; very carbonated. Just about no head whatsoever.

S- Sweet, malty, and grainy. Only the slightest scent of hops can be detected, only slight.

T- Sweeter than Bud Light/not as dry. Taste is identical to its smell: malty and grainy, with a touch of hops.

M- Almost like soda water.

D- Only water in my book can truly get a 5 in drinkability, so this beer gets a 4.5.

*- Out of the 3 major macro light lagers, my favorites are: Coors and Miller Light neck and neck, then Bud Light last. Non of these beers have real flavor profiles. These kinds of beer are advertised for their drinkabilty and how refreshing they are, and Coors Light is no exception. Coors Light claims to be the "most refreshing beer in the world", but honestly if all macro light lagers look and taste the same, how can Coors make that claim? Oh gimmicks! I can drink this beer fine without fussing, but then again I'm not out to call it stellar either.

ThomasMetal75, Jul 18, 2009
1.55/5  rDev -22.9%

Pours a very pale yellow color it is slightly hazy. There is little to no head on it and no lacing. The aroma is of water and maybe grains. The taste is well again water and maybe grains more like a generic alcohol. The mouthfeel is light and slightly carbonated. Overall could you drink a lot, yeah you could, you could also drink a lot of water as well. Please give it some complexity maybe some spices or some hops would be nice.

goblue3509, Jul 17, 2009
1.35/5  rDev -32.8%

Did my own personal blind taset test of this beer and other 'light' beers could not tell the difference.

Again this beer tastes like carbonated pool water.

It pours a flat near colorless liquid.
Smells like its chlorinated. Tasted like it too. Kinda left a metallic feel behind.

How could you even get buzzed off of this beer? Is there even alcohol in it? Is this high fructose corn syrup beer safe to drink? What the hell is this crap? Its my life goal to avert people from drinking this thinking its beer.

DwnTwnBwn, Jul 17, 2009
3.03/5  rDev +50.7%

Poured from a tall boy into a pint glass. Pours a fluorescent yellow and resolves into a very pale yellow straw once the bubbles are gone, with a big white head that recedes leaving no lace and just a smattering of surface bubbles. Faint corny aroma. That pretty much describes the taste too - faint. It does have a slight malty aftertaste that comes through after a while. No obvious hops or alcohol to be found.

Yeah, it's a cheap American light lager, but I can't pan it. It's a cheap American light lager - you get exactly what you expect. As far as they go, it's pretty unobjectionable.

MadTown1000, Jul 16, 2009
1.93/5  rDev -4%

Where to start?

Well, it LOOKS ok, I suppose. Pale straw color, lots of bubbles, decent head.
Smells is faint, hints of some odd fruityness and a strange grain note. Sort of a sulfur smell, not really like DMS, maybe preservatives?

Taste is much the same. Not much of anything. Lots of carbonic bite, kinda like soda water. Has a sweet body that takes the acidic edge off somewhat, and hops are detectable in the background.

Mouthfeel is thin and harsh.

Drinkability is so-so. There's not much to like about it, but by that very virtue, there's not much to dislike. Still, even for a 'light' lager, there are better alternatives available.

Edit - I thought this was the anti-beer. Till I tried Red stripe. So I'm adjusting my review so that this comes out just ahead of Red Stripe.

prosper, Jul 15, 2009
2.98/5  rDev +48.3%

Alright, it's the third installation of our "Cheap Beer Game Night." Tonight it's Coors Light and Steel Reserve 211. Here's the first...

Pours a very thin crystal clear yellow with a small white head on top. Retention is zilch and there is no sticky lacing at all. Smells of grains, piss, and lemons.

The mouth is bubbly spritzy. This is a thirst quencher for sure. Flavor is of mild corn and grains. This is very watered-down and simple, as it should be. This isn't the worst beer I've ever had, but I won't make it a regular that's for sure.

Onenote81, Jul 15, 2009
3.2/5  rDev +59.2%

I wanted to review this beer first because it is summer, and I'm drinking a lot of it. For the cost, this is my go to beer. I find it refreshing and smooth. It's not amazing by any standard, but for 23 bucks a 30 rack, it lasts a long time, and goes down easier than any beer in the cheap category. And, hey, now they have the insurance policy of getting it as cold as the rockies. I firmly believe you can still be a beer advocate and enjoy the smooth taste of the rockies. There's a time and place for both sipping and guzzling.

weedslegalcousin, Jul 12, 2009
2.78/5  rDev +38.3%

ap. Very very light yellow. clear as can be.
Sm. Don't know, couldn't smell anything at all.
Ta. Well, it tasted kind of like beer flavored water, but not that bad. I'd just came from work, hot and thirsty and hungry. Maybe I just drank it like water. Anyway, it wasn't bad, just not much flavor at all.
Mf. Like I said, it went down like water.
Dr. Sure, I could drink lots of these. It was $2 Coors Light drafts on Tuesday.

deaconoflove, Jul 08, 2009
1.6/5  rDev -20.4%

Out of an aluminum can this beer was a perfectly clear, pale gold color. The head was a full three fingers of fluffy white head. The retention was good as a pillow-like cap. The aroma was semi-sweet and bleached, macro grains and a metallic staleness. The flavors were very dry and boring. Dominated by macro grains yet alcohol still was present along with some stale notes and metal hints. Very washed out and less pleasant than its other macro-brewery brethren. The mouthfeel was watery, the body light and the carbonation high. I always hate to fail a beer, but this one sucked.

thekevlarkid, Jul 07, 2009
1.45/5  rDev -27.9%

I know most people drink this because it is cheap but even at that price some beers have at least a little flavor. This beer resembles what I pour down the sink after rinsing my pint glass. Seems like Coors has been doing a lot to improve the cans, here's an idea: Try improving the beer.

meich75, Jul 06, 2009
1.65/5  rDev -17.9%

Only because of the new marketing of the "Cold activated bottle' have I regressed to offer this.
This is nothing more than the typicaly chemicalized over worked water that way to many people continue to buy that gives BEER a bad name.

Issues:
The label is on the outside of the bottle and will cool faster than the beer.
It's a macro light beer which means who cares, it already sucks.
The tempature range of this new gadget is 48-43. I like mine a bit colder.
just a marketing tool, for your average tool.

If you can't keep track of where your COLD beer is, you may have had too many.
And if you call this swill water beer, you have no taste anyway.

Drink better beer. Rahr & Sons Gold Medal Winning "Ugly Pug"

RadNitroMan, Jul 06, 2009
2.7/5  rDev +34.3%

Poured bottle into mug.

Appearance: Golden and clear. Actually a larger head than expected.

Smell: Not much of an aroma. Maybe a little bit of a malty corn smell.

Taste: A fairly bitter kick. Again, better than I expected from such a beer.

Mouthfeel: Very thin and very watery. Nothing special.

Drinkability: Quite honestly, I found this to be one of the better light beers I've tried. Don't misunderstand, it's not fantastic, but if you like light beers, this might be one to try.

civilizedpsycho, Jul 02, 2009
2.23/5  rDev +10.9%

Pours extremely pale yellow, almost clear with no head.

Aroma is very slight. Pale malt and lemon grass.

Taste is pale malt, and a touch of grassy hops.

Mouthfeel is light.

Very, very light beer. Flavor is thin, watery, and unimpressive. Might be good if you don't actually want to enjoy the flavor of beer.

Blakaeris, Jun 29, 2009

Poured the lightest shade of straw yellow with a very thin fizzy white head.

Slight grassy odor very faint.

The taste is very very light, slightly sweet with a bit of corn.

The mouthfeel is thin and watery with mild carbonation.

I guess its drinkable, one of the most watery boring beers I have ever had.

bashiba, Jun 29, 2009
2.28/5  rDev +13.4%

I am in charge of beer at a party each year. Wanted to do a blind taste test with some macros and some better beers to prove a point. Coors Light is one of them. Poured from a bottle with a medium golden yellow color with a small white lace which quickly dissapated.

The aroma and taste are pretty much the same, some mild corn/sweet maltiness that is a bit mineral like.

Finishes very much mineral gristy like and it just lingers on the tongue. Couldn't get it to leave.

canoehornpoint, Jun 26, 2009
2.23/5  rDev +10.9%

coming from a six pack.

app. - 3.0 Golden not as clear as I thought it would be.

smell- 1.5 Not desirable , corn , some alc. thas about it.

Taste 1.5- Watered down corn and alcohol

Motuhnfeel-3.0 Light , how a light lager should be

Drinkabilty-4.0 It's like water plus some beer ingredients. not as drinkable as water though...

not good

bgreg3, Jun 24, 2009
1.15/5  rDev -42.8%

I worked my way up to this, as friends had left some beer in my fridge and I just HAD to conduct research in the name of beer...pours a yellow (like cellophane paper) with sparse carbonation and a thinwhite lip of head set in a Coors Light pint glass--going classy...corn/rice component dominates--can you smell cold?--a bit bready as well, but clean and simple otherwise...a liquid palate, with a bit of oil--fizzy as well; quite drinkable but not substantial...corny, syrupy sweet and softened to a fluffy lack of alcohol punch--taste? After feeling sick at the thought or smell of Coors Light for over a decade, this glass actually made e feel at ease; still, the beer inspires little in me that would reach for it, even if I was cutting grass on a 90-degree day--if they quit the pathetically illogical sales pitch of "coldnesss" I probably would just ignore the brand instead of lampooning it--at least it's been years since we had to endure "Twwwwiiinnnnsss!"

dacrza1, Jun 24, 2009
2.73/5  rDev +35.8%

A 20-ounce draught of Coors Light at a local restaurant.

Appearance - pale yellow colour with 1/8-inch sustained surface bubbles. Much carbonation.

Smell - faint smell of light malt and corn.

Taste - thin flavours of adjuncty-sweetness as well as a very basic hop bitterness at the end. Served very cold so flavours are secondary.

Mouthfeel - like drinking a pop, except not sugary like a pop. But beer flavoured carbonated water nonetheless.

Drinkability - enjoyed the beer with a spicy peppery chicken plate. Didn't offend, got the job done. Fairly refreshing on a hot day with some decent grub.

DoctorStrangiato, Jun 23, 2009
2.3/5  rDev +14.4%

Snowy white head with very good retention for the style - actually, it's pretty good for any style. Body is a very pale, clear yellow-daffodil color with less visible carbonation than expected. The nose is mighty weak, just hints of blandness over a base of nothingness, dry pasta, banana chips, glue, and soda water. No off-aromas, but that doesn't count as an accomplishment when there are essentially no aromas at all. Very mild on the palate, too. It really tastes almost of nothing; softly sweet with the faintest hop flavor I've encountered this side of non-alcoholic beer. Fizzy yet soft, very dry, and as drinkable as tonic water. It is refreshing, but if someone told me to close my eyes and take a swig of this, I'm really not sure I'd be able to identify it as beer.

soulgrowl, Jun 21, 2009
2.2/5  rDev +9.5%

Appearance: Clear yellow, head quickly fades to nothing, fizzy.

Smell: Seltzer, a little corn.

Taste: Not much there, watery corn sweetness.

Drinkability: Cans go down quickly after softball.

Snuck one can home from softball to do a quick review. Coors Light is not too bad for a light lager, probably my 2nd favorite light after Miller Lite.

Mdog, Jun 21, 2009
2.63/5  rDev +30.8%

Drank directly from a 16 ounce can with blue mountains, meaning it is as cold as the rockies. Freshest date stamped on the bottom of the can. I didn't feel a need to pour this beer into a glass. This beer when drank cold is somewhat refreshing on a hot summer day after working outside. But be warned if you do buy it that it is a watery macro and not to be mistaken for anything else but a mass produced, mass advertised brew for the majority.

mtnbikerpa, Jun 12, 2009