Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

awful

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
2.2/5  rDev +9.5%

It's a pale yellow, watery colored brew, small white head with a fair amount of lacing. The scent is a bit sweet with some grainy notes. Same with the taste, somewhat sweet with a bit of grain, just a slight touch of hop. It kinda has a bit of a metallic taste as well, but I've never been able to put my finger on just what that is.

I drank this wehn both the cold and super cold bars were activated on the can, which i think was the right move. If this bad boys warms up too much, im sure it gets really bad

Therer was some leftover Coors Light from when my friend was over who drinks it. I decided I would review it.

Appearance- pale yellow color, no head

Smell- adjunct grains

Taste- very faint flavor, little bit of adjunct grains

Mouthfeel- very light bodied

Drinkability- This beer is horrible. Avoid it at all costs.

1.35/5  rDev -32.8%

How is this Coors BEST selling Beer??

Color: Straw Yellow
Smell: Like Tap water
Taste: Like carbonated TAP water
Drinkability: It's as easy to brink as WATER!!

Coors Light has Almost NO taste. Similar to Bud Light or MGD 64..

People buy it because it's easy to drink because it HAS NO TASTE..

Avoid this beer...

2.1/5  rDev +4.5%

Appearance: Straight pour into a pint glass. The color is a clear and clean very pale straw. Two fingers of white head dissipated quickly to leave a spotted lacing and ring around the edge.

Smell: Faint aroma of cereal grains and adjunct, which smells a little like rice in this case.

Taste: There is flavor there, but it is very faint and mirrors the cereal grain and (rice?) adjunct from the smell. Other than that it is just water. On that note, I bet the Rocky Mountain melt water supposedly used to brew it has more flavor.

Drinkability: It is in no way offensive, but I do find it insulting.

2.55/5  rDev +26.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

Pours a crystal clear light, almost clear, yellow with a 1 inch fizzy white head that fades to nothing. No lacing at all. Smell is of grains and corn flakes. Taste is the same with the grains and corn flakes. There is a slightly metallic taste present as well. A high level of carbonation makes for a very crisp and clean mouthfeel. Overall, this is a below average but quite drinkable beer. Not too bad for what it is.

2.8/5  rDev +39.3%

Aaaaahhhh Another lawn mowing hot summer day beer. Its nearly impossible to decifer between all the standard american adjuct beers. I have alway enjoyed coors light, but certainly is not the best beer in the world....no kidding. The color is yellow and clear with good carbonation that results in a white foam head that dissapates quickly. Smell and taste are primarily grain with attempted balnace of hops, etc. The beer is easy drinking and light.

1.63/5  rDev -18.9%

Ahh, my first "it was free, so why not review it?" beer. This beer produces a fizzy head that vanishes in less than a minute. The aroma is dominated by cheap graininess, with hints of chemicals. This beer isn't promising to be much, but at least it's "cold", right?

The taste is comparable to wet cardboard followed by a pinch of sugar. No sign of hop presence. There's barely any prickliness from the carbonation to speak of. At least I can swallow this (which means I could be a good party guest and accept this if it was offered), but I can't say I'm enjoying the ride on the "love train".

As I approach the end of the glass, I just want to be done with it and move onto something more interesting. Drinkable? Barely, but if having one is such a chore for me, why would I ever want a second?

1.45/5  rDev -27.9%

I do not even consider this a beer

A: Pale yellow, white head that quickly vanishes and leaves little to no lacing.

S: What smell??

T: See "Smell"

M: See "Smell" and "Taste"

This should be sent to third world countries with water-shortages...This stuff is like tap-water in a can. No flavor, no finish, tis not a real beer. Yet I have friends who swear by it!!

Poured from a 12 oz bottle into a pint glass. Mountains are blue, so the beer is cold enough. Best by Oct 17, 2011.

A: Pours a clear, pale straw color with 1/2 finger of white head. Little retention, no lace.

S: Sweet aromas smell like corn.

T: Faint sweetness with no finish. Pretty bland.

M: Carbonation is okay, but basically feels like there's nothing there.

O: Well, there's a reason the marketing focuses on the bottle and not the contents. This beer aspires to mediocrity, but still falls short. That being said, I've had worse, but not by much. If you want a light beer, stick with Sam Adams, it actually has flavor.

2.55/5  rDev +26.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

A - Very clear straw color with a quickly fading white bright head.

S - Smells of corn, wet grass, maybe malt and some hops.

T - Taste is of grain with maybe some malt and the faintest taste of hops at the end.

M - Light body and highly carbonated which feels good in your mouth on a hot day.

O - One of my favorite macros, but it's still a macro. The flavors are not bad but there just isn't much there. It is very refreshing though.

2.58/5  rDev +28.4%

From 12 fl. oz can no. SEP2611-L30020722. Sampled on July 23, 2011. The pour is straw yellow with a huge fizzy head that diminishes as quickly as it built up. Aromas of grains, weak malts, and creamed corn with a vague hoppy crispiness. The body is thin but stays together well when swirling. The taste has a slighly bigger hoppy bite than its aroma but nothing special but it is also kind of stale. It is proper for its style but defintely not a craft brew lover's beer. But it was 98 degrees today...so that says it all.

2.4/5  rDev +19.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Had on tap a a Shorebirds game in Salisbury, MD.

A: Straw/pale yellow in color with a fizzy white head on top that had very little retention and spotty lacing.

S: Adjunct, some corn, light malt, and an ever so slight sweetness.

T: Not very exciting, some biscuity malt, adjunct, very light hop presence. There is a hint of grassy/citrus, but barely.

M: Light bodied with medium to high carbonation.

O: Hard to say which of the big three light lagers I prefer, if any over the other. They aren't beers I buy from a store, only when given to me at functions or stadiums, as was the case here.

2.2/5  rDev +9.5%

Review #1400!

From 07/16/11 notes. Poured from a 12 oz. silver bullet can into a pint glass. Let's do this.

a - Pours a hazy pale yellow color with two inches of bright white head and high carbonation evident. No head retention or lacing. Looks like piss.

s - Smells of corn, vegetables, grain, and light sweet and skunky notes. Not the best, but not the worst smelling BMC product.

t - Tastes of grain, corn, and bready malts. Bland, but not offensive. Probably the highlight of the beer.

m - Light, watery body and high carbonation. Overcarbonated and water like.

o - Overall not a very good beer, but not the worst out there. Very bland and waterlike. I prefer Bud Light of the light beers, but this is better than Miller Lite.

2.63/5  rDev +30.8%

After the gang was over last night, they left to go boogie with out me as I was ready to hit the sheets
However, one lone tall boy of Coors Light was left on the table - The want to cosume it didn't strike me right off - so Its going into some beer bread today and i've poured a healthy sample portion into a Pokal glass.

As a a homebrewer whose yet to get into kegging - I was quite pleased with appearance - I asked myself "Well now, can you make beer that clear?" Poured aggressivley into the glass left a huge, bubbly and sticky head that last for a bit and didn't lace the glass.

The aroma hits the marks for a light lager, no hop presence, and this being wideley avaialble and mass producede stuff, lots grain, corn under the nose. It does have that classic 'beer' aroma and its not offensive.

Taste is far too sweet and sugary for me - it doesn't have that classic malt kick, and its getting more and more sickly as the glass warms. However it is marketed in a can that indicated how cold its supposed to be served. So, bellied back straight from the can in this current 39c heat outside - it could really hit the spot I imagine served the way its more or less suggested.
I think that's enough for a review now, even if your new to beer your know what your getting into, I'm just trying to submit a fair review based in its style. Other wise not blown away - however I wouldn't hesitate to throw one of these back eyes cold whislt dripping in sweat.

A wide-mouthed can, complete with a color strip telling me that the beer is cold enough. My hand told me that too.

A: While consumed from a can, the pale color is undeniable. A thin head, evident from the first cracking of the can, is just that - thin.

S: The nose is boring, light grains, not even biscuity, and something resembling hops. A little bit of life, just what I'd expect.

T: Bland but fizzy, giving the appearance of flavor. Light and inoffensive, the lager is boring. Biscuits, adjuncts and a bit of hops, none of which scale to the level of enjoyable. I do like the wide mouth though, pours nice and smooth.

M: Watery and light, the lager doesn't bring anything to the table. One's good enough for me.

1.38/5  rDev -31.3%

I picked this up at a picnic because it was there. I'm reviewing this beer because I need to knock a light lager off off my list of beers to review.

I'll try to be nice. When the beer is super cold... it smells like nothing. As the beer warms, it gets worse and worse. The reason for cold labeling is so that you never really taste the beer. As it warmed, the smell of feet got stronger and stronger.

But, the texture of beer was like water. Which, was perfect for a light lager.

1.6/5  rDev -20.4%

Brought home from a cookout - southern tier tulip glass

Pours a terrible pale yellow with head that dissipates into nothingness leaving no lacing whatsoever. You could read through this beer, it just looks like you pissed in a glass of water. Smells god awful.. no exaggeration, smells like foot. Taste like well.. nothing really.. the aftertaste is terrible. It leaves my mouth feeling slimy with a whole lot of phlegm.

I poured the beer out after I had half.

it's a bad beer. Avoid at all costs.

2.63/5  rDev +30.8%

This review is, as recommended as a BA, conducted UNDERSTANDING the STYLE. For the basic American Adjunct Lager, it's passable. Pours a light yellow color, with small to no head (depending on pour) and little lacing. Smell is unremarkable, as is taste, but it is a cool refreshing AMERICAN ADJUNCT LAGER, and if one can accept it for what it is, then good. This is a decent cheap beer to enjoy when at a ballpark, out at a BBQ or picnic or family gathering where beer snobbery/"more educated palates" do not prevail. If you want a good cheap beer to pound down when the weather is hot, or the action is going....this one will do. Nothing fantastic, but passable...

2.8/5  rDev +39.3%

With the harrowing Bud Chelada experience still fresh in my mind (I hadn't had a beer since) and my body ready for sleep, I stumbled upon a bar with a soothing outdoor patio, and decided to sit and rest for a spell. This beer seemed like the best option on tap, and figuring it had to be better than the Chelada, I ordered a pint. Light yellow in color, fizzy, with a sparkling white head. I took the beer outside, sat down and drank deeply, tasting glorious nothingness...no tomato, no pickle, no coors. Just refreshing sparkling nothingness. The beer recalibrate my palate, enabling me to resume drinking in earnest the following day. Thank you, Coors.

2.53/5  rDev +25.9%

Picked up a few for the wife for Canada Day, figured I'd down one and add it to BA.

Pours a pale, straw or golden colour with a big and loose white head that burns off within a few minutes without leaving lace.

Has a corn syrup and rice aroma similar to most adjunct lagers, but with an off-putting, almost sour phenol smell.

Crisp, dry taste with a syrupy backing. Rice and corn come through when it warms even a bit.

Crisp and watery with lingering syrupy taste on the tongue. Dry overall.

On par with its contemporaries and can be refreshing when ice cold. Gets worse as it warms.

1.13/5  rDev -43.8%

A - There is no head to this beer and it appears to be slightly yellowish water when poured into a glass. However, most people do not care enough for this beer to be poured into a glass, so it is nearly universally served in the can.

S - I don't know how they managed to make this smell so little like beer. The smell is unrecognizable to anything I've ever had home or microbrewed. The strongest smell is aluminium, even when poured out of the can. There is a pungent, unpleasant odor that doesn't quite remind me of hops, it's wrong some how.

T - Awful. That's the word. Even in my most decadent mood, I still can't finish an entire can of this beer. That is really saying something. The taste is a decided step down from water. I can think of no redeeming qualities of the taste.

M - Somehow this beer makes my mouth feel dryer, but not in a way that makes me want to drink more. It is a particularly hard beer to drink if you haven't spent years growing accustomed to it.

O - I believe the combination of mass brewing with low flavor ingredients like rice (to replace barley) and poorly cultured yeasts yield a massively inferior beer. This is truly the bottom rung of beer. I will make one distinction though: this beer improves a bit when it is very cold. If it becomes room temperature it is quite bad.

1.83/5  rDev -9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

I did not want this beer. It was thrust into my hand after a sporting event. Cant declare on the color as it was in a can. Limited scent, albeit was not enticing. Taste, well it was ice cold, that benefited myself and this review a bit. Mouthfeel wasn't the worst I have had, but like i said, it was ice cold, and I know that because the can told me so. overall, given the perfect conditions, this beer would still be bad, but tolerable.

2.23/5  rDev +10.9%

I'm not going into a lengthy review, because it's been done so many times already. I would like to point out that their are good reasons this beer exists. For example, a hot day at the beach, I love my craft beers, but lets say i had a stout instead my day would be done. Also Coors Light is my favorite Beer Pong beer, always seem to do better with it! That's my reasoning...

1.73/5  rDev -13.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

A - Color is a pale yellow. Head dies down and leaves virtually nothing behind. Lace? What lace?

S - Umm ... what smell? There's barely anything here. Maybe a bit of bread or grain.

T - Virtually nothing. I could see how this beer would be refreshing on a hot summer day or perhaps after eating a raw jalapeno pepper. The more this beer warms up the worse it tastes.

M - Basically like a glass of water. If you're really concerned about mouthfeel then don't bother drinking this beer.

O - If I'm at a sporting event and this is the only beer available, OK, I'll drink one. Otherwise I'll pass.

1.93/5  rDev -4%

12 oz. Frost-brewed™ liner can into a red plastic cup

A- Pours a foamy, bleach-white head through the vented wide mouth™. Beer a very, very pale yellow, almost clear, transparent.

S- The olfactory equivalent of walking through a frat house the Sunday morning after an all-night kegger. Wafting the fragrance of this fine, American pilsner, I was immediately taken back to my college days of stained and sticky beer pong tables.

T- Eh, tastes like beer, I guess. Metallic notes, with a hint of water.

MF- As the two-stage cold activated can™ indicated, this beer was, indeed, Super Cold™. In fact, through all my many beer tasting experiences, I am tempted to declare this the coldest tasting beer I have ever quaffed. Its resplendent coldness can only be compared to that of some remote mountain range, perhaps the Alps or the Himalayas.

D- I could drink (and, admittedly, have drunk) this beer all day. With a consistency roughly that of tap water (not that fancy bottled water with the minerals and such in it), you really don't have to slow down. Good as a palate cleanser between tastings of real beer or for watering your lawn during a drought.

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company