Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
1.25/5  rDev -37.8%

By far the worst beer I have tried. My own sister who doesn't drink much beer, warned me not to try it. No taste, almost like club soda + alcohol. Lacking any real flavor, and looks very plain. I honestly can say that the smell is almost non-existent also. I will definitely pass next time I go somewhere, and there's only coors light. I don't even consider it beer.

2.55/5  rDev +26.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

I can't believe that I am actually reviewing Coors light.
I poured the beer into a crystal mug. The color is a very pale clear yellow. There was no head and no lacing, which made for weak appearance.
Hardly any smell either, maybe hints of grain and corn.
The taste is weak as well, very watery, but slight grain and corn flavors. I guess that is how it is supposed to be for this beer style. On a very hot day, this will be a good thirst quencher.

1.91/5  rDev -5%

Again, a beer to waste on beer pong. It doesn't really taste that great and I'd rather drink something else. It's a fairly clean beer, goes down easy, but the taste is just poor. I'd probably wait for a few friends to finish this off after a party (for some reason a few of the guys like this). At the end of the day, the silver bullet misses on this one.

Yeah, I'm one of those people who rate to style. So sue me. In fact I could have copied and pasted the BJCP style guideline for this style and had my review here, as this brew meets the guidelines almost perfectly. Fortunately I'm not quite that lazy.

Poured into a pint shaker at my home. Pours a crystal clear extremely pale yellow. Lily white head that fades quickly.

The aroma is a faint malt graininess with a whiff of corn, just as one would expect. There are no hops to speak of, nor should there be for this style.

The taste mimics the smell. There's a slight hint of grainy flavor, along with a bit of corn-like sweetness. The high level of carbonation gives it a bit of "zing", which keeps the beer from being too sweet. Otherwise (again, as expected) there's little here to get in the way of refreshment.

The mouthfeel is water-thin. And that, as you probably guessed, is exactly as i t should be for the style.

Is this a world beater? Not by any means. Is it the worst thing ever marketed as beer? Not by a long shot. In fact, I've had many that were much, much worse, in styles that are much more akin to what Beer Advocates are prone to drink. Shooting for mediocrity and hitting the bullseye still means you end up with a better beer (and better review score) than shooting for greatness and falling completely on your face. You get no bonus points for what you *meant* your beer to taste like. While it's popular to bash on macros here, this is a well made example of a style that is wildly popular among the beer drinkers of the country. Not great, not horrible. And let's face it, if you really need to read a review to get an idea what Coors Light tastes like, you should probably get out more.

1.5/5  rDev -25.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

From notes
A: Very pale yellow. Tons of carbonation white head of about 1 finger tons of active carbonation but not enough to keep the head going the trouble starts.

S: Ha...ha smell. Better then Bud Light. But nonexistent smell.

T: Tasteless, half asses hops and malts.

M:Watery. Alka Seltzer.

D: Made for the masses not the Beer Advocates.

1.95/5  rDev -3%

Appearance - Very pale yellow. Pours with some carbonation (about a finger). Can see right through a full glass of this beer.

Smell - None really to speak of. Smells faintly of some hops, but that is all.

Taste - Largely tasteless with a bitter bite at the end indicative of some hop content in the beer. Some faint rice or grain notes. Preferable taste over Budweiser or Bud Light, but trumps not many other beers. Leaves the mouth and enters the throat dry (hops).

Mouthfeel - Watery. No body to speak of. Some carbonation note while in the mouth.

Overall - Not a very good beer. If you are drinking to get intoxicated cheaply and do not want to totally hate the experience, probably a good beer. Would prefer Yuengling for the latter task, but I might be biased being from Tampa and all (Yuengling distillery in Tampa).

Photo of
1.53/5  rDev -23.9%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

a-yellow and fizzy. no head retention to speak of.

s-rice and grains, not much else. The beer has that ball park beer smell.

t-dull and watery, like beer after having lots of water added.

m-thin and watery. Has the feeling like club soda with a little body.

o-refreshing, but nothing else.

2.68/5  rDev +33.3%

A: poured into an American shaker glass it was a straw yellow with a good amount of white head that left lacing rings all of the way down.

S: wheat and light malt, cereal grains.

T: the exact same as the nose with some hoppy bitterness thrown in.

MF: light, refreshing, crisp and watery.

O: this is an american adjunct lager; I wouldn't buy it, ever, but I wouldn't turn it down at a party.

2.18/5  rDev +8.5%

poured out of a can. its pale yellow, and fizzy. no real smell just slightly grainy. tastes kind of like something. maybe corn, but honestly there is very little taste there. pretty much feels like drinking carbonated water. drink if there is nothing else.

2.15/5  rDev +7%

Coors Light is another from my youth that I foolishly drank in abundance before I knew what real beer was. I have only had it maybe 1 time in the last five years and that was simply because I was trying to buy beer that non beer drinkers may would enjoy as well, as we were having a get-together.

Coors Light is easy to drink. It should be, it's simply a step above bottle water. I think Odouls has a stronger beer taste.

That being said, if you are to have a get-together of sorts as I mentioned earlier, then it isn't a bad choice. It's relatively inexpensive and most anyone will drink it. So if you have a lot of people coming over and some aren't really "beer drinkers" or some are women who want fruity drinks and you refuse to allow that nonsense around your house, then go for some Coors Light.

This is unfortunately what some friends and family think is beer, and whats more they serve it to company. Is it bad manors to bring your own whenever you visit. Coors has no flavor, its aroma is unimpressive as is its appearance. How anyone can drink this is beyond me. Give me an arrogant bastard any day now that's a real beer.

1.78/5  rDev -11.4%

pours a clear yellow with a fuckton of uneven rapidly disappearing white head which leaves no lacing.

smells like corn syrup, seltzer and a wacky, awful vinegar type thing.

taste: corny

mouthfeel: feels like getting mouthraped by the american corporate dong. but seriously, starts off watery, becomes filmy, then dissappears without a trace of flavor.

overall: why am i doing this to myself?

2.75/5  rDev +36.8%

GLASS: Pilsener Glass
TEMP: Fridge chilled to approx 38 degrees
24oz TallBoy Can (Purchased in Kansas/full-strength)

Pale, straw yellow, in color, with a light orange tint to it. The fizzy, white, head fades rapidly. What's this 'lacing' thing that I keep hearing about? (Haha!)

Very mild nose. Hard to find any scent there at all. Light graininess. Slight citrus.

Tastes like seltzer water with a lemon twist, right after eating popcorn. Very minimal flavor, but not nearly as bad as I remember it being, the last time that I tasted it....years ago.

Almost medium-bodied and high levels of carbonation. Tastes crisp and clean. Lightly refreshing.

Thanks, but no thanks.

I don't always drink light beer, but when I do, I prefer Coors Light.

The appearance is a light straw color. The head is medium sized, but dissolves quickly into a small ring around the glass.

The smell is very faint. It consists of rice adjunct, white bread, some sweetness.

As for taste, it's watery, with a white, Sarah Lee breadiness and some rice, and a good backbone of maltiness, with hint of sweetness that becomes more vivd as the beer warms.

The mouthfeel is watery with lots of carbonation.

Overall, I give it a full mug. It's the only light beer I buy with my own money.

2.17/5  rDev +8%

I'd be lying if I said I was excited about finally getting a chance to review this gem, but I suppose all beers must be approached impartially. This one was left over in the fridge from a party.

Poured from the bottle during what I'm sure is a rare experience for the liquid within, this beer is a pale straw color. Tons of bubbles whizz to the surface of the glass; I wound up with a decent white head - it has poor retention but the patchy cap left over is better than some light lagers I have seen so I feel I must give it props in this category. Smell is musty and very slightly sweet, like old, diluted malt and corn.

The flavor does not disappoint, because it's pretty much the same - diluted musty corn and slightly sour malts. When I say musty, imagine the smell encountered when you are opening one of those old crank camping trailers that has been sitting in a damp garage for half a decade. A combination of stale beer, black mold, ancient campfire stink and dust. Fortunately, this is a light beer, so the flavor is not intense, and in fact barely noticeable to your average bro who just wants to pound back brewskies. Highly carbonated and thin like water, this lager is still very drinkable despite its faults. Of course, this presumes you are drinking it Rocky Mountain Cold, as intended.

As other people have noted, this is a good beer for people who do not like the taste of beer. In other words, it's a drinkable light lager, but even within the style there are many, uh, less bad examples.

Pours a fizzy yellow hue, straw colored and very light bodied. Highly carbonated. Smell is sweet malt and corn syrup. No hops, no alcohol. Taste is very much the same as the smell. Mouthfeel is light bodied. Over all, not something i would ever by. Tried this at a camping trip with friends.

2.01/5  rDev 0%

A: Crystal clear color with a yellowish tint. Very minimal head with no retention and only a small amount of lace

S: Not much of a smell, what smell there is consists of a grainy and bread smell

T: Very watery and sweet taste, followed by a hoppy bitterness. It has a very crisp taste with a medium amount of carbonation

M: Has a very light body, which makes this beer easy to drink. Very frothy feel on the palate makes it go down smooth

O: A very light and thin beer, with just an alright taste. This beer is probably mid-pack in the Light Lager category

2.94/5  rDev +46.3%

*** Disclaimer: I am not a Light Lager fan but I tried to rate this based on the style and not relative to my personal taste ***

Appearance:
Pale straw color with little to no white colored head. If there is a decent amount of head there is no retention. All in all the color is clear and crisp.

Aroma:
Basically none. There is a faint hint of grain, namely a rice smell.

Taste:
Medium carbonation very a very light crisp body. There is a slight taste of hops but the carbonation tends to 'overpower' the hops.

Overall:
So as I said I am not a big fan of this style but I am trying to increase my knowledge of the different styles. I feel this beer is a middle of the road light lager.

1.62/5  rDev -19.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Poured from can into a pint glass. The can indicated the beer was only "Cold", not "Super Cold". Pours a very clear light yellow with a head that was white and gone in a hurry. The scent was barely anything. There was a faint grain scent but that's all I got. The taste was faintly of corn and grains and after drinking many craft beers, you hardly notice anything that sticks out. The mouthfeel was very carbonated and light. Overall, this isn't a beer for someone looking for a lot of flavor or fullness, just a little alcohol.

1.53/5  rDev -23.9%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Drank this out of a 12 oz bottle at a birthday party – it was between this and water. I chose this.

A: A very clear yellow pale beer. Probably one of the lightest looking colors I have ever seen in a beer. The white head dissipates quickly into a thin white lace. Lots of fizzy bubbles throughout.

S: Hard to describe this aroma because it barely has one. Trace hints of grain and bread.

T: A sweet water beer with faint hints of malt. Traces of hops linger on the palate and leave a sweet sugary after taste. Really light on the tongue, and not much flavor to talk about.

M: Highly carbonated and light body.

O: A typical mast produced lager without my thought or flavor put into. I can’t believe I would drink this stuff in college, but it was cheap and available.

1.68/5  rDev -16.4%

Consumed a few times at friends houses and parties. Usually from the can, rarely from the bottle, and never on tap. God no.

Appearance: Very light. Almost clear? Just about. I think Bud light and Miller lite are even darker than this. Looks like water that I accidentally pissed in, a little. Like If I sat a big glass of water next to my sink when I am taking a piss in it and I splashed some into the glass of water. Boom, Coors light.

Smell: I get nothing. Barely anything. A light bit of stale corn and fusel alcohol. Not appealing at all.

Taste: It's not good i'll tell you that. It doesn't really make me want to throw up either. So light, basically water. I get that it's a light beer but it doesn't even get close to other light beers in my opinion. Horrid after taste of old alcohol as well. Very stale corn up front follows water and corn the whole way down. Awful.

Mouthfeel: Carbonation isnt too bad but there really isn't much you can do with this to make it a better beer. Except for dump it down the drain.

Overall I hope I rarely, if never have to have Coors Light again. Coors original/banquet is actually pretty good but this Light beer is just awful. If you want a light beer, stick with something else and stay away from this.

2.16/5  rDev +7.5%

A-Clear, golden, you know....

S-Like a college dorm.

T-Not much of any actually.

M-High carbo but less filling. Goes down like water.

O-Good for very hot summer days when you are not doing anything strenuous. If you were to offer me one, I'll take it. Just as long as it's not accompanying food.

1.61/5  rDev -19.9%

Appearance - Clear, golden body with a finger sized white head which disappears in about 30 seconds. No lacing whatsoever.

Smell - Smells like alcohol and dirty water.

Taste - Bready malts and nasty hops. That's it.

Mouthfeel - Carbonation is high and this beer really feels like carbonated water.

Overall - As far as the mass produced American beers go, this sits with the rest of them. Nothing spectacular and other than the fact that it goes down like, well, water...it leaves EVERYTHING to be desired.

Poured from a can into a stein glass.

Look - extremely pale straw color, extremely clear, with almost no foam, good carbonation.

Smell - typical light lager smell. A little malty, but barely anything there at all.

Taste and Mouthfeel - a bit refreshing, but otherwise not much taste. Mostly just "cereal" like in taste. Texture is pretty well balanced, but typical of this style. It has a bit of a muskiness that is also typical of the style.

Overall - nothing surprising about this one. It looks like a light lager, it tastes like one too.

2.2/5  rDev +9.5%

Everything that needs to be said about this beer has already been noted. I can't add anything new, except to reiterate that water is the dominant quality here! Not much to speak of, slight wheat quality but nothing substantial.

Easy to drink, but that's about it. Not much in the way of flavor,
but for those budget 30 pack fans, here's your golden calf!

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company