Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

awful

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
ckeegan04

2.55/5  rDev +26.9%

A - Fizzy yellow with plain white head. Little retention and no lacing. Typical light lager appearance.

S - Grainy with the slightest hint of something sweet.

T - Light malt flavor. Not much else going on.

M/D - Thin, light and clean. I find it refreshing when it is ice cold and I am hot as hell. My preference out of the three mainstream light lagers.

05-06-2008 13:47:04 | More by ckeegan04
ibbjamin

2.4/5  rDev +19.4%

You can buy this anywhere. One of the most common light yellow beers around. A 12 pack is pretty cheap, but not the cheapest for its class. Poured into a pint glass.

Head quickly dissipates to nothing. Almost clear with a slight yellow color. No lacing. Very bubbly, highly carbonated.

Smell is not very strong and is not good at all. Smells like stale ingredients used.

Tastes like yellow beer flavored water.

As it tastes like water, this one is easy to drink. No aftertaste.

Very light body. Highly carbonated water with a beer flavor.

This has been a staple yellow beer for me for a couple of years. This is one of the few beers that tastes best out of a can. You can drink these all night. I am shifting away from the yellow beers...

05-06-2008 04:10:25 | More by ibbjamin
rye726

Colorado

1.13/5  rDev -43.8%

I think Jason and Todd sum this up well with, "Why Bother?" Most light beers are very similar so if you want one, buy whatever is cheapest. This stuff is yellow with a white head. The smell is of grains, stale yeast and old hops. The taste is unmemorable. Very light if thats what you are after. The body is light and fizzy. Not very drinkable in my book.

05-05-2008 17:41:08 | More by rye726
Lexluthor33

2.3/5  rDev +14.4%

Pours a light yellow and has a little head. The aroma is of light fruits and grains and some light notes of hops. The taste is water with sweet grains and bitter -citric notes. It is metallic and the hops are not well balanced. The feel is almost zero as the high carbonation and grains take over. Why did I decide to review this beer? well,this was my grandpa's favorite beer after Bud and I guzzled many during my late teenage years and my early twenties.

My grandpa still refuses to acknowledge that there are other beers brewed besides Bud and Coors,but I love him anyway. I just do not love this beer! l

04-30-2008 03:56:03 | More by Lexluthor33
cjgator3

2.17/5  rDev +8%

I acquired an extra can of this so I decided to review it as unobjectionable as possible. 12oz vented wide mouth can poured into a pint glass. Pours a golden yellow color with a thin fizzy white head that quickly disappears. The aroma is pretty non-existent with faint grainy malt. The taste much like the aroma is pretty bland with a faint grain flavors and just a hint of hops. The mouthfeel is thin and prickly from the high amount of carbonation. The drinkability is high due to the low ABV, but I am not sure I would want to consume much in one sitting due to getting bored. Overall, a pretty subpar American macro light lager.

04-29-2008 00:58:41 | More by cjgator3
santa109

Quebec (Canada)

2.17/5  rDev +8%

A: Carbonated gross yellowish clear liquid with not much head. Faint color. The head looks like the froth that floats on polluted water.

S: Almost non-existent, metallic.

T: Non-existent at first and then grainy malt appears. Like what I imagine hay would taste like. Generally unpleasant aftertaste that I would describe as metallic lemon sets in. Best had in a few giant gulps swallowed quickly. And the taste gets better near the end. Maybe I'm just getting used to it. Still, not very good.

M: Like mildly carbonated water that makes me thirstier than I was before having it.

D: Kind of refreshing but the aftertaste is too annoying for me. Some people might enjoy it while fishing / landscaping.

There is just no reason to pay for this, tap water is free/cheaper in most cities.

04-22-2008 19:17:42 | More by santa109
jbphoto88

3.08/5  rDev +53.2%

A pale thin yellow beer, very clear with a light off white head that dissipates quickly. After about a minute there is nothing left on top and the only pretty thing to look at is an errant carbonation bubble here and there.

Smell is metallic, slightly malty with not much else.

Taste is not offensive but very mild. There is a stale grain flavor with a slight sweetness that is all washed out by a watery nothingness. That being said its mildly refreshing when its ice, ice cold. In fact when its super cold its quite bearable but almost undrinkable as it warms above 45.

This is a between a great beer beer. One to cleanse your pallet and keep your buzz when you can't find a bottle of water. I could drink this when I've got important tasks to do like light engine work or pulmonary surgery.

04-10-2008 01:26:22 | More by jbphoto88
hustlesworth

2.1/5  rDev +4.5%

this beer is THE beer that made me start liking beer. i was about 18 and i had an ice cold coors light and i said to myself 'i finally like beer!!!' and i stuck wit it, defending its honor for the next 8 years.

A- super pale clear almost as light as a witbier with a pure white barely-there head that fizzles out quick.

S- pale grain water and that's it

T- alot of watered down nothing. no bitterness, no malt, just corn, grains, rice and a bland aftertaste.

MF- thin and fizzy, not much body at all, about like gatorade.

D- still after all this time, i can still drink it, but it's not the same. i'm actually a bit surprised but then again, i used to drink wild irish rose, too.

04-08-2008 04:08:01 | More by hustlesworth
bltzburgh

3.9/5  rDev +94%

Very dinkable light beer. Pours light yellow in color, very nice head with a crisp taste. The kinda beer you can drink doing yard work or sittting around by the pool with freinds. Has to be one of my favorite light beers. Flows smooth and easy. Wake up the next day with a smile even after many. Hang over free!!

04-05-2008 03:21:24 | More by bltzburgh
Matty1918

2.23/5  rDev +10.9%

Water light...the only way I will drink this "beer" is if I'm doing yard work in the summer. I'll drink 2-3 glasses of water mix in a coors light. It HAS to be ICE COLD to enjoy.

Not much taste, a very watery beer. Not much aroma to speak of. Pours a light yellow little head. It is a refreshing beer on a hot summer day...doing yard/garden work...

03-28-2008 23:49:49 | More by Matty1918
CrellMoset

1.95/5  rDev -3%

Poured from a 12 oz. bottle into a traditional pint glass.

Appearance: Pale and transparent, like white grape juice. Doesn't even really look like beer. The head fizzles up to about half an inch and then craps out. No lacing at all. Almost no carbonation. It's just kind of ... sitting there.

Smell: Smells like metal to me, even though I got it out of a bottle - not a good sign. It's slightly sulfurous, and there are really faint wisps of dextrins. Weak.

Taste: Light grainy sweetness and the metallic crispness that was present in the nose. There also seems to be a very slight amount of hop bitterness, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a chemical impurity, as it tastes sort of off. It's not unpalatable, though, and is actually a little better than I expected it to taste - however, it's still just really not very good at all.

Mouthfeel: Annoying, actually. It's like a soft drink - smooth up front, and then any agitation resulting from the fact that you're, you know, drinking it, causes an explosion of bubbles leaving you with a flat, thin, watery drink to swallow.

Drinkability: I finished it because it largely tastes like nothing, but what little taste there is is really unimpressive though. Gets something for being so watery though, and we all know water has great drinkability.

A thoroughly unimpressive beer. Not as bad as the Corona Light I reviewed the other day, but it's probably one you should stay away from.

03-28-2008 19:56:09 | More by CrellMoset
bgramer

Washington

1.5/5  rDev -25.4%

The golden color is pale because of the extra watery taste. The foamy head is too aggressive. The smell reminds me of wet grains and tastes limp. I'd have to say this is the worst of the Lights version of BMC. I used to be a Coors fan a decade ago - it's sad to see how far they've fallen.

03-13-2008 16:24:15 | More by bgramer
thierrynantes

France

1.65/5  rDev -17.9%

Beer bottle (33cl), tasted in 2003.
Appearance : light golden color, white foam head not persistent. low effervence.
Smell : The nose is mild.
Taste and mouthfeel : The taste is also mild. sweet (made with rice ?)
Drinkability : beer without any character in the style light lager

03-10-2008 21:55:21 | More by thierrynantes
ElGrecoVerde

1.48/5  rDev -26.4%

Okay, gotta get through a few more of these crap beers.

Generally, light beers have less flavor. That's why they're light... less flavor = less calories. In the case of Coors Light, that's probably a good thing.

There's not much difference between this and other poor light macros. Same pale yellow color, same chemical smell, same fizzy feel.

But one difference that knocks Coors light even further down the hole to Beer Hell lurks in the taste. It's not just your typical corn and grain tastes like most lights. No, they try to take it a step further by squeezing in some rotten lemon flavors.

I guess if your roving drunken college parties, it's acceptable, but otherwise I'll pass.

03-07-2008 15:33:00 | More by ElGrecoVerde
Erdinger2003

Iowa

1.53/5  rDev -23.9%

I swear it was free, did not pay money for this. Pours a nice 1/4 inch head that falls fast into almost no head and absolutely no lacing. The color is slightly yellow, but looks like water with a tiny amount of iodine. Smell is slightly sour with a slight scent of grain, not a lot of aroma. A small lager flavor hits the tongue and leaves right away with a small nose of the same, lager flavor with a hint of corn. Mouthfeel is like a light soda pop with a strong acidic bite. Overall, this is something I could never get used to and drink on a regular basis.

03-04-2008 01:27:39 | More by Erdinger2003
mattster

1.63/5  rDev -18.9%

Opened 12 oz can(given to me by a neighbor), poured into Nonic glass...

Head forms for just a moment, but disappears very quickly - almost no lacing atop the light straw-yellow brew.

Smell week - somewhat yeasty/bread like.

Taste somewhat watered down. Very week malts with no hoppyness - bubbles seem harsh and sort of attack.

Drink ability is pretty debatable. It would be easy to down a half dozen if these, but the taste sort of makes me long for something far better.

03-03-2008 06:14:51 | More by mattster
TYE

Kansas

1.98/5  rDev -1.5%

A - light golden color with a white foam head. Active carbonation and clear. Foam dissipates quickly.
S - Very light aroma of bread. Not much smell.
T - Very light hint of bread.
M - Light body and watery. Not much flavor. Medium to high carbonation.
D - Typical college beer. Drank this before I knew what beer was.

02-20-2008 03:53:36 | More by TYE
Taipans

Missouri

1.53/5  rDev -23.9%

I have a few friends that always seem to have this stuff hanging around. I never wanted to review it really but I thought why not this past weekend out of boredom.

A - It pours a very pale yellow, light head, no lacing.

S - I can't pick up much aroma.

T - It tastes very watery and light as expected, as others have said there seems to be a slight skunked flavor.

M - It is smooth, and very easy to drink. On a super hot day it wouldn't be so horrible.

D - I would have to say this stuff is very drinkable, not that you would want to drink much of it but you could easily session it if you were stranded on an island and a crate of it washed up.

02-18-2008 13:27:36 | More by Taipans
SirSaranac

1.2/5  rDev -40.3%

It upsets me greatly when I meet someone, and they coyly admit to "loving beer"... and then proudly announce that their favorite beer is "Coors Light" or "Bud light".... *Sigh. I wish I could punch them in the face the moment that they acknowledge that pathetic statement.

This 'beer' doesn't even deserve a real review.... however....

A- A 1/2 finger head (pure white) disappears in 30 seconds tops. No lacing. This liquid is crystal clear, highly carbonated, and barely has a slight yellow hue. Basically the color of water.

S- The scent is VERY faint, however, when given a slight stir, the stench of sour corn and yeast can be detected. Ummmm, no malt... def no hops. Can I puke before or after I taste it?

T- Surprisingly there's almost no taste at all. Rather than tasting bad (which it still does), taste plays more of a vanishing act. Corn, slight rice... odd metalic flavor... they all fade VERY quickly into a crisp phantom flavor of NOTHING. This is NOT beer.

M-Thin/Light body... feels thinner than water. Highly carbonated.

D- Ummm, NO. I could drink ONE if I reaaaally didn't want to offend the person who handed it to me.

02-17-2008 07:14:55 | More by SirSaranac
BMan1113VR

1.68/5  rDev -16.4%

Glad to hear that it is only 105 calories; makes me feel better about my college life. Aroma is skunk and corn with a tad bit of cereal and grass. Appearence is light yellow (slightly dehydrated urine), with extra bubbles and no head whatsoever. It gets points in the taste department for, well, the lack of taste, cause trust me it could be much worse. It is better that this beer has absolutely no taste at all! Very dry and overcarbonated. So far this is the king of the sub 2.0 beers (largely thanks to its lack of any taste).

02-07-2008 22:36:16 | More by BMan1113VR
Doomcifer

Rhode Island

1.58/5  rDev -21.4%

Pours a crystal-clear, very faint straw color. Almost colorless. Soda-like bubbles, producing a soda-like head that came and fizzled out rapidly to nothing. No lacing.
Smells of adjuncts, rice, faint grain odor. Taste is of very faint maltiness, next to nothing in hops, and an off taste in the finish. Extremely watery with crazy carbonation like a coca cola. If you arent looking to enjoy your brew and want to slam 20 of these out partying, then I guess they would be drinkable.

02-06-2008 01:34:22 | More by Doomcifer
JDV

2.6/5  rDev +29.4%

Draft at Chilis in Sacramento. No head, and basically no smell either. Nothing bad, but just very bland. Taste is the same. Probably the lightest flavor of all the light beers I've had, and maybe why its drinkable. Refreshing when cold for sure, and no offensive flavors, but it basically tastes like water. There are definitey worse "good beers" out there that I'd pick this over, actually.

01-31-2008 21:37:14 | More by JDV
cdkrenz

Wisconsin

Leftovers.

Appearance - Clear with a hint of yellow color. The head pours immediately to a height of a quarter inch and then just as quickly is gone leaving no remnant.

Smell - The scent is faint and consists of barley.

Taste - The flavor is that of very weak barley. No complexity of flavor and no hop taste.

Mouthfeel - The feel is watery and offers nothing to the flavor. There is really no specific location in my mouth where I actually enjoy the feel of the brew.

~ The only good thing I can really say about this beer is that I'm almost finished with it.

01-28-2008 03:30:10 | More by cdkrenz
BeerTaster

1.65/5  rDev -17.9%

almost no head very pale yelow in color. Smell was a touch of corn and almost no hop aroma. Taste I never thought a beer could have so little flavor as this. Mouthfeel if it wasnt for carbonation it would have none. Avoid this one if at all possible.

01-28-2008 00:56:39 | More by BeerTaster
Biscuit033

2.45/5  rDev +21.9%

A: Palest yellow with large bubbles vigorously flowing to the top. There was a 3+ finger head that recedes to a layer on top the beer.

S: Grainy with the lightest hint of hops.

T: Sweet graininess and a very thin insipid flavor. There are some hop notes but you have to serch for them.

M: Thin and dry.

D: It is easy to drink but not as preferrable as about every other beer. It is the BMC light beer that I drink the most often.

01-20-2008 00:24:04 | More by Biscuit033