Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

awful

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
1.38/5  rDev -31.3%

On-tap at Zubie's in Huntington Beach, CA, bummed some off of my softball teammates, since it was free for me,

A: Pours a pale, insipid yellow, really no head to speak of, coming out of the tap, there were just a smattering of bubbles.

S: No smell, smells like water, if I was being nice, I would say it has a slight hint of malt and corn.

T: Pretty tasteless, a bit of malt and corn, no hops to speak of, carbonated water is the major taste.

M: Watery, light, seltzery.

D: Fine for a light beer, its tasteless nature makes it easy to drink or pound, but not something I would order regularly. Editing again after trying a bottle, it just got so boring I left it half full.

Halcyondays, Oct 06, 2007
1.78/5  rDev -11.4%

Another overhyped macro-brew. No substance, no body, no taste. Another beer for those who like to get drunk and urinate a lot, but really do not enjoy the taste of beer. About as satisfying as carbonated water. Thank God there are brewers out there that care about the quality of their product and not just the cleverness of their commercials.

biggmike, Oct 05, 2007
1.45/5  rDev -27.9%

If I had to drink this for a beer I would never bother. Taste was horrible, smell non-existent, and the only REAL reason anyone would drink more than one of these would be to get drunk CHEAPLY.

This taste like bad water with an even stranger taste, while the water in it may be mountain pure something along the way went terribly wrong....

unionturf, Oct 05, 2007
1.18/5  rDev -41.3%

Palest of yellows. Very little head.

Smell: nothing

Taste: nothing

Carbonation is the only thing I could detect from Coors Light. I suppose "refreshing" is the only thing I have to say for this beer, though that's a stretch. Goes down like water and tastes about the same. There's no reason for me to have this again.

atrus138, Oct 01, 2007
2.2/5  rDev +9.5%

Pale straw yellow with white head that is gone in a jiffy and no lacing at all.
Smells like faint corn,grass not much of anything else.
Taste is like drinking water with some carbonation of corn and grass....not much to the taste either.
This is something to guzzle down like,hey look how many i can drink,sorta thing.Goes down very easy but,,,nothing there.
By the way...this was the Canadian version,made by Molson's brewery...i think the U.S. one is even weaker.

GrimmReaper, Sep 22, 2007
2.88/5  rDev +43.3%

Pint from Richmond Bar and Grill in El Segundo

Pour was a golden yellow with a foamy head almost an inch thick

Smell was barley and yeast and not very good

Taste is decent for a light beer

Could drink about thirty of these if somebody wanted to, super super light beer

Floydster, Sep 21, 2007
3.58/5  rDev +78.1%

OK I'm not going to B.S. you,it's not a beer rich in flavor nor does it have great head but by no means is it disgusting.It is what it is a light macro beer.It's not something you will go out of your way to buy but on a hot summer day it tastes real good.

matty, Sep 12, 2007
1.85/5  rDev -8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

Leftover at work, I took one for the team and took a couple bottles of Coors Light home. Oddly enough this used to be my beer of choice before I knew what good beer was, we thought it was slightly better than Bud or Miller Light. Unfortunately the cold activated bottle was of no use because I poured it straight into a glass.

The beer pours a clear yellow with a foamy head that fades immediately. Aroma is very slightly sweet grainy, but thats it. Taste is watery, dry and grainy. There is an elusive hint of malt flavor but it's very faint. Lots of carbonation and a thin mouthfeel. I know better than to let this one warm up as I've nursed a few $2 bottles at wing night, its drinkable until it warms up. Macro's certainly have their time and place, but I'm still not a big fan of the light variety.

ericj551, Sep 03, 2007
2.48/5  rDev +23.4%

Battle of the Light Macro Beers - Coors Light vs. Bud Light.

355 mL can, served cold.

Appearance: Pours a very very pale, clear, straw yellow with a fizzy white head, diminishing extremely fast to nothing.

Aroma: Very sweet nose, grassy, musty grains, corn. Aroma is not a turn off.

Taste: Quite sweet, grainy & corny. Slightly sour finish with no hints of anything good about beer.

Mouthfeel: Light bodied, easy drinking.

Final Statement: Coors Light wins. This is a non beer drinkers beer. Its definately not offensive because there is no flavour. I can't say it's bad, but it's definately not really beer.

MMansfield, Sep 02, 2007

I drank this beer one day during a nascar race, and It really had me questioning if i was drinking beer or water. There was no distinct smell or taste associated with this beer, I never really felt like i had a beer in my mouth, it was very watery with little carbination. after drinking 7 or 8 of these i didn't really feel like i had any beers in me at all. so I would have to say they change the name from coors light to water. becuase that's about all your drinking with this stuff.

KodyBrannon, Aug 28, 2007
1.15/5  rDev -42.8%

I drank a 12 oz can of that had chilled in an ice chest waiting on a bevy of softball players to chug between innings on a hot, dry, and dusty summer day.

A: I drank from the can but could see the pale ting of golden color that is more likely an artifact of artificial food coloring than a product of grains and hops.

S: I had a difficult time finding an aroma that could rise above the tale-tale odor of aluminum and alcohol. I’d like to believe I could detect cooked rice but that may have just been a lingering memory of my Kung Pao and sticky rice from the night before.

T: I’m not quite sure how to describe the taste of water. I definitely did not detect cool afternoons spent along mountain streams with overly endowed bikini models serving me beer after beer while I drifted in and out of my latest sports-hero fantasy. Instead I must admit I only tasted the alcohol and a hint of starch.

M: Fizzy and refreshing. It has its place as a thirst quencher on any day when the heat index exceeds 100 degrees and you have a mouth full of dust. It’s like carbonated water…the carbonation and alcohol cut the dust and the watery substance brings relief from thirst.

D: This was the only choice and once the chill was gone I could not bring myself to finish the remaining beer in the can. I also felt no urge to have a second. However, if I had been playing softball all day long in the hot sun and dust I might have welcomed a second and even a third.

Comment: When the choice is beer or no beer...this is still a beer.

dnichols, Aug 25, 2007
1.25/5  rDev -37.8%

Oh, how cool, the label changes color when it's tongue numbingly cold enough to drink. Whatever you do, don't drink it before it's this cold.
These were left overs from a party I hosted. Man-law said they had to leave them here. Beer law should have said to take that crap home with you. Well, here goes.
A- My piss looks like this when I'm sick. Just a weak, transparent straw yellow.
S- Still waiting for it to check in. Just a modest artifical smelling grain, medicinal and astringent. Corn? Gravel?
T- Brace yourself. Foamy, soapy, no hops, no malts, what the hell did they make this from??? No real taste that I can identify in this paradigm. This needs new adjectives. I don't have em'. I can still feel it foaming in my stomach.
M- Feels like someone poured hydrogen peroxide in my mouth. It kinda coats the tongue but that isn't always good.
D- I fortunately have the last half of a Southern Tier Unearthly to make me forget the taste of this swill. I honestly can't imagine any situation where I'd find this drinkable. No redeeming qualities at all.

kirok1999, Aug 24, 2007
1.48/5  rDev -26.4%

It took less than a minute from an aggressive 90 degree pour into a pub glass for the head to disappear. Foamy, like something that comes out of a Pepsi can.

I could taste notes of rice and corn flakes, the usual things found in the light beer department. Pale yellow in color resembling that of a common human excretory fluid. The after taste isn't too bad considering other light beer alternatives.

It's not too rough going down but if your aim is to get drunk, then this beer has a place in the beer bong. Don't torture yourself by drinking one at a time. How this is the light version of the "Original" is beyond me.

zao77, Aug 17, 2007
2.6/5  rDev +29.4%

Had this from a mini-keg that my friend just tapped open(although I have of course tried this MANY times before)

Appearance: Pours out a golden yellow w/ little to no head that quickly dissipates.

Smell: Very faint smell of hops? Nothing really here folks

Taste: After having just had some nice Chimay Reserve(Blue) I proceeded to try and slow down my drinking and poured myself some Coors my friend brought over. It taste like...Water. Water w/ a touch of tang.

Mouthfeel: Light...thin...like water

Drinkability: I COULD drink this all day long because of how weak it is and how it has no real flavour...but would I want to? If the makers of this beer wanted a drink people could drink all day w/ out feeling the effects of the alcohol or a drink that has NO flavour to more traditional drinks they did a damn good job

livingregret, Aug 17, 2007
1.98/5  rDev -1.5%

A: Clear, Pale and Watery. Foamy head.

S: Weak. Kinda corny.

T: Real weak. Why bother? What little taste there is, taste like corn, not beer.

M: Watery. No character at all. Kinda fizzy.

D: Everyone else says that drinkability is the only strong suit in a Domestic Macro. I don't even find this stuff very drinkable. I always end up feeling crummy, especially the next day (do they put laxative in this stuff?).

Overall: Seriously, why bother? I'm not just being mean. If your just trying to get hammered, drink a few shots or something. Maybe drink one of those flavored malt beverages, at least it has some flavor.

lawman834, Aug 17, 2007
2.88/5  rDev +43.3%

Pours out light gold with decent head, and very heavy signs of carbonation. Smells very light with some hint of hops. Almost no taste except for the bitter alcohol that may follow, but for the most part very watery. It is, however, quite refreshing. Because of its lack of flavor and the fact that it's so light, it's drinkability is quite high. Overall, refreshing but not a beer-lover's beer. Not the best light beer, but not the worst.

zerofear13, Aug 16, 2007
2.83/5  rDev +40.8%

Serving Type: Bottle at the beach

Appearance: Transparent Yellow/Goldish...taken straight from the bottle most of the time

Smell: Smells like my frat house

Taste: I don't know...

Mouthfeel: Like seltzer water, but not as bad as some of the macro's

Drinkability: Sure, I could drink this all day long, especially on a hot summer day at the beach - but would I enjoy it? Probably not.

cardinal25, Aug 15, 2007
2.83/5  rDev +40.8%

A: Pale yellow body. Tiny white head that fell to almost nothing.

S: Light aroma - too light to identify anything worth noting.

T: Didn't taste like much either. As close to water as it is to beer IMO, but with no taste, there's nothing to complain about.

M: Very light body w/ ample carbonation.

D: Goes down incredibly easy, but that's because there's nothing to it.

Facing a fridge of macros from around the world, I committed myself to facing off the big 3 American light macros. Only two beers in, I'm struggling to tell them apart.

OKCNittany, Aug 12, 2007
2.28/5  rDev +13.4%

although not a beer you really want to enjoy or experience...it is good for what it does. gets you drunk at parties in mass quantities because of its easy watered down drinkability or just a cheap beer to keep in the fridge for after a hot day.

coors has better products though.

demo3210, Aug 11, 2007
2.23/5  rDev +10.9%

Hops? Where was it. I understand what is trying to be acheived by this beer. It just taht there is a little too much taste missing. I feel like this beer retains a very watery feel and taste. There is a bit of a tang after one or two. I almost want to say that if the flavor that is hard to find in this beer was increased by 46% it might be another story. Looks ok, smells not ok, tastes not there.

pintnhand, Aug 09, 2007
2.35/5  rDev +16.9%

Had some at the local stampede over the weekend. Very pale in color( like your pee after about 4 beers) with a very-white, weak head to receded very quickly.

Not much in the way of aroma, some very, very faint malt and hop...bottled water almost has more of a smell than this.

Taste is, believe it or not, light. Light in flavor, light in body. Again if you look for it there is a touch of grainy malt and a sprinkle of hop. but much of it is lost in the very crisp carbonation.

Light, thin mouthfeel.

Bottled water was $2 a bottle, this was $3 a can...if it's hot and there's a party atmosphere I'm going for a beer, even one as bland as tasteless as this one.

Shadman, Jul 29, 2007
2.28/5  rDev +13.4%

First review here, so I decided to start with an easy one.

A - Poured a very clear yellow, with a fluffy head which dissipated quickly. Reminded me of a pale ginger ale once the head disappeared.

S - Weak, but had some sweetness. Not a good sweetness though.

T - Very bland. Virtually no flavor, except for some sweetness.

M - Watery and carbonated.

D - The beer's one saving grace. Due to the low alcohol content and the complete lack of taste, its easy to drink these in large quantities.

Session beer, but there are far better session beers out there with similar price and availability. Not recommended.

Sushi, Jul 25, 2007

Pours much like any other light lager. Pours a light color with a head that doesn't last (much like the other light lagers I've tried). Aroma is somewhat weird though, hard to describe. It's somewhat sweet and the taste is much of the same. Sweet at first and then it gives away to a corny background. I couldn't ever see myself drinking this. Probably the only difference I've noticed between this and the others in the same category.

You know, when a beer is unimpressive, it's unimpressive. Period.

Brad007, Jul 24, 2007
1.43/5  rDev -28.9%

A. Pale yellow with a very thin white head that vaporizes almost instantly.

S. No real smell.

T. Not much beer taste. Metallic and harsh.

M. Watery with a good deal of carbonation.

D. Hard to drink. Not recommended.

My mom told me that when this beer wasn't available everywhere, they would have people bring it back from vacations in Colorado. Why?

BeerAndBourbon, Jul 22, 2007
1.93/5  rDev -4%

Pours with very little head. No retention as expected. Not to much on the nose smells like a macro should slightly malty nothing intresting here. Taste is very bland and watery I am glad I never drank stuff like this, but they sure know how to market and sell there beer.

irishkyle21, Jul 17, 2007