Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

awful

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
fido

Mexico

Pours a poor yellow color without head and no lace; Smell is malty but weak; Flavor is watery, Light body; Lots of carbonation, Easy to drink, Refreshing.

I say again... I don´t like light lagers very much.

I think is better try this beer in bottle.

¡Salud!

08-07-2006 03:10:28 | More by fido
dherling

2.73/5  rDev +35.8%

When I want to drink a good beer, this is not the first thing I go for. Generally, I will work my way down a list before coming to this, but if I run into a beer list that looks like Amheuser and Coors wrote it, I will probably go with a Coors Light, or as I like to think of it, one of the lesser evils. It's piss water, let's be frank here. There's nothing to it but a little flavor and a little alcohol, but I can drink this stuff all night long and it won't bother me, it doesn't give you that nasty mouth tasts other cheap brands seem to. If you're going cheap, I guess go Coors Light.

08-04-2006 21:51:43 | More by dherling
Validus

Louisiana

1.6/5  rDev -20.4%

This is, in my opinion, the worst of the popular American macro-brews. It is Bud Light without the drinkability, color, and clever ad campaigns.

Pouring an average head, this beer always appears to me to be too light for even a macro-light. My biggest qualm with Coors Light is its severe drop in drinkability as the temperature goes up. Quite simply, this beer is undrinkable if not absolutely ice cold.

If you're looking for something to take out on the boat, look elsewhere. There are more drinkable swills out there for an equal or smaller price tag.

08-04-2006 04:26:57 | More by Validus
gunnerman

2.1/5  rDev +4.5%

Pours straw yellow with carbonation and small white head that will dissapear in about 5 seconds. Taste is of water flavored corn, not very tasty at all ver watered down. Smell is of maybe a bit of corn with a light hop smell. Not very good , try mixing it with a V8 to increase flavor.

07-27-2006 14:31:36 | More by gunnerman
kdmorse

2.4/5  rDev +19.4%

The coldest tasting beer in the world...

Watery and pale yellow with a tiny white head that disappears immediately. Lots of carbonation. Not a lot of flavor. Best served ice cold to avoid the flavor and the smell.

Cost and availability make this a good beer for drankin'. Refreshing enough on a hot day. Tastes like home.

07-20-2006 18:34:02 | More by kdmorse
Manosbeeroffate

Maine

1.48/5  rDev -26.4%

Taste the cold, HUH?? Very light, no extremly light yellow color. Smells like nothing, tastes faintly (very faintly) like beer, well if you took a semi-decent macro lager and watered it down. Overall it's easy to drink but i can't score it more than 2 for overall drinkability. Beer is supposed to have some, well substance. Coors light doesn't have any substance to it. Carbonated water with a hint of beer. Zima has more flavor than this (had, don't know if it's still around) But I couldn't give it all ones since something with no flavor is better than something that tastes nasty.

07-13-2006 23:16:46 | More by Manosbeeroffate
pibbxtrasucks

2.23/5  rDev +10.9%

light yellow in color, white head... everyone has seen this one. doesnt taste or smell like much, but I do find this beer to have a slightly more citrusy taste than the others like it. must be the yeast. Overall, this beer is very watery and it doesnt leave a bad aftertaste. (like BL) It is ridiculously easy to drink... only, I don't really reccomend it.

07-13-2006 23:15:41 | More by pibbxtrasucks
jwc215

Wisconsin

1.23/5  rDev -38.8%

7 oz. bottle--

Pours almost clear with a thin white head that soon becomes a few bubbles. No lacing remains.
The smell is a slight whiff of sulfur.
The taste was like iced tap water. After a short while, it tastes like stagnant water. A slight chemical taste creeps through to distinguish it from tap water. No hints of any specific flavor.
It would be as refreshing as cold tap water if the sulfur-like feel wasn't there.
This is not good - not even for a light beer - I tried it to see why it was popular. I tried to be objective and rate it in comparison to other light beers (though the concept still baffles me in a way)- but, it turned out to be nothing.

07-13-2006 15:10:47 | More by jwc215
horndecker

1.23/5  rDev -38.8%

Was handed this at a barbecue recently and didn't want to make my host feel bad, so, bottom's up.

I'm actually trying to be objective here. But it's hard to assess the qualities of a beer which seems so....absent.

Appearance : Sad, thin, lacking in carbonation or head, a quick fizz like an alka-seltzer and poof!
Aroma : Faint whiff of medicinal hop, grainy, soda poppy.
Taste : I guess it wasn't cold enough. Tastes like sugar-free ginger ale. No malt to speak of, no finish, just sweet and semi-fizzy.
Mouthfeel : Not unpleasant, just thin and unexciting.
Drinkability : I would have given it a 1.0, but it sorta quenched my thirst.

07-04-2006 02:13:29 | More by horndecker
HoustonTX

1.33/5  rDev -33.8%

A - Pale yellow, fizzy, and lacks luster.

S - Almost none.

T - Taste is pure water, with a minute amount of malt.

M - Way too filling for light beer.

D - Almost couldn't get the 12 oz. down.

Much better choices, for less money, or equal, avoid this one.

06-28-2006 20:02:22 | More by HoustonTX
ernie

Russian Federation

1.3/5  rDev -35.3%

Coors Original is the most passable of all American mass-marketed macrobrews. But the light beer from the same brewery is a poor excuse for a drink.

Very pale, fizzy, it looks like lemonade, has a vague vegetable smell (if you're nosy enough to feel it) and practically no taste. I'm amused to call this absent taste 'awful', but on the other hand I can't give it more than 1 of 5. Aftertaste? Forget about it.

Another no-beer from the States. What a waste!

06-18-2006 05:10:12 | More by ernie
bunbury

Panama

1.85/5  rDev -8%

Seems pretty much the same coming out as going in. Although the former would probably have more taste.

Poured a very pale gold with a big white that dissapeared quite fast. The aroma was plack pepper, faintly sweet and grainy. The taste was crisp, watery and carbonated. just a slight grain taste comming through. Mouthfeel was crisp and bubbly, very thirst quenching. There's nothing offensive about this beer because there's no flavor to offend your taste buds.

06-10-2006 17:21:06 | More by bunbury
Sosh

Indiana

Blah. Watery and bland are two words that comes to mind after drinking one of these. I'm not sure what this was supposed to taste like, I guess I missed out on the Rocky Mountatin Flavor. Worse than Bud and Miller. This got pretty nasty towards the bottom of the glass. I'd take water over this.

06-07-2006 16:54:17 | More by Sosh
BamaWorKs

Kentucky

2.15/5  rDev +7%

Just as most american macro brews go, this beer is quite mediocre in all ways. Simple, virtually tasteless brew, watery and weak, this beer pours ugly, tastes weak, but has a few redeeming qualities I suppose. When drinking with the guys, it's tolerable and good to get drunk on, as I rated, has a good drinkability if you plan on drinking in high quantities, and if served very cold, it finishes crisp. Overall a good tailgating beer, but shouldn't be viewed highly in any other aspect.

06-03-2006 17:36:33 | More by BamaWorKs
neenerzig

2.78/5  rDev +38.3%

An average American macro lager that I drank recently for free at a friend's house. I have never paid for this beer and would never pay for this beer. This beer is the typical pale yellow color you'd expect for this type of beer. Smell is of ??? No real identifiable smell. There was a slight smell of something but I am not quite sure what it was. Very, very little head. This didn't taste as bad as I thought it would. I think it actually tasted a little better this time than in past times that I had it. Taste is just slightly sweet, and tastes of some corn with a faint trace of hops. It has a clear, clean mouthfeel with moderate carbonation. Although at the time it was somewhat refreshing, this beer certainly does not impress me at all. I would only drink it again for free, and only if there was nothing else better available at the time. That being said, for whatever reason, this beer certainly is better than Bud Light or Miller Lite.

Eric

05-29-2006 04:07:49 | More by neenerzig
jerrymiller

Nevada

2.6/5  rDev +29.4%

Appearance is pale and straw yellow. Little or no head and it leaves no lace inside the glass. Looks like carbonated water with a bit of food coloring.

Smell is of stainless steel, water, rice and alcohol.

Taste is shallow and watery. Lots of filler (corn and rice?) Not much to speak of, besides a residual sweetness. Bland.

Drinkability—easy enough. You could drink a lot of this beer and think little of it.

Mouthfeel is mostly that of carbonation—quickly numbs the palette. It is crispy and clear though—ok on a hot afternoon.

I wouldn't pay much to drink this beer, but there is always someone offering this beer at social gatherings, so long as it is cold—I guess you could do worse. Lesson here for me is, don't disparage free beer.

05-26-2006 16:15:32 | More by jerrymiller
Enlil

Iowa

2.8/5  rDev +39.3%

I should preface this review with the disclaimer that this is my first review of a beer and this beer retains an admittedly undeserved place in my pantheon of beers.

That being done. I will claim that this beer excels at what it attempts. This beer is a mass produced beer intended to invoke the common perception of beers. That is to say, it relies on the societal conception of beer to derive its value. Nothing particular about this beer invokes praise or devotion.

For color, it is what I always imagined washed-out gold to look like. The head quickly dissipated but it has continued effervescing. The taste is generically satisfying, but otherwise unremarkable. Nothing but the aftertaste alerts the drinker that this is actually a beer.

According to it traits, this beer is barely medicore. However, as previously mentioned this beer holds a special position in my beer selection. The reason for this is probably entirely intentional on Coors' part. It is entirely a reproduction of my first taste of beer. The first sip of this beer always summons the recollection of my first taste of beer. The soft introduction with the slightly bitter aftertaste is reminescent of mostly fond memories. As a beer intending not to impress me, but only to remind me, this beer excels. This beer invokes images of my past and I am reticent to reject those memories. Therefore when asked what generic American beer I would prefer, I will always choose Coors. Perhaps not because of its inherent qualities but because of its ability to connect with long cherished memories.

05-03-2006 20:27:17 | More by Enlil
Gaben

3.4/5  rDev +69.2%

Good olde silver bullet! Now when I come to think of it im not the biggest light beer fan but I can always go back for this great brew.

One of the best brews to abuse when I was younger. Has the standerd color but the smell was something differnt , of corse in cans/bottle's always good; but when I had this on tap had a differnt taste(more abv and pine/gin smell) same for taste smooth and refreshing.

Of corse this is by far the very BEST cheapest/light/american/bar beer out the, and I still to this day buy 18 packs.... (when Im poor)

But yes great beer , always a good one!

04-30-2006 04:54:04 | More by Gaben
CrazyMike

Alberta (Canada)

2.08/5  rDev +3.5%

Appearance, bright yellow. Just that is an indicator to not drink this. Smell is non existant with the exception of maybe a hint of sweetness.

Taste, carbonated water. There is no hint of anything to prove this is beer. Mouthfull is the same.

Drinkability, thumbs up. I can chug down water when I'm thirsty, I can chug down can after can of this. Imagine living like you had no tastebuds, you can eat or drink anything. But, you would sadly miss out on some good experiances.

The beer is water, it's huge advertising industry does not change that.

04-26-2006 06:57:21 | More by CrazyMike
jasonguit

2.73/5  rDev +35.8%

Ah... the silver bullet.

Apperence...usually about 1:30 am when I am just trying to keep a buzz, lol.

Smell and Taste can be combined. Little if any

Mouthfeel...like a soda

Drinkability...easy, it is flavorless.

Honestly, I love this beer, which may seem odd. My usual fare is dark beer, especially Unibroue's stuff, Maredsous, or Chimay. So why Coors? Is it not the antithesis of everything I enjoy? Yes! And that is why I enjoy it so.

This beer has little taste, and in my opinion that is a good thing. Why do I want to taste a cheap macro anyway? Sure Miller and Bud have more taste, but being able to taste crap isn't really a plus. Well, the Silver Bullet ducks that quandry by just tasting like nothing. It is alcoholic water. It is the perfect beer to drink while washing a car, mowing the yard, when you are low on cash, or when you are to gone to taste anyway. Seriously, I don't understand why people dock this beer for lack of taste. Does anyone actually drink beer of this ilk with the expectation that it will be as good as a fine trappist ale?

A good cold Coors Light is never unwelcome for me. Sure, it is not what I think makes a beer great, far from it. It's utter blandness, carbonation, and drinkability makes sure that is also none of what I think makes a beer suck.

04-22-2006 04:09:09 | More by jasonguit
bignick

1.5/5  rDev -25.4%

On tap at Applebee's in Cleveland Circle numerous times for $2. Served with 1/2 price appetizers after 9 (I am a poor student).

This is, IMOH, the worst light BMC light beer. It lacks the taste of Miller and the crispness of Bud. In other words, there is absolutely nothing enjoyable about this beer. It pours straw yellow with a slight head that has dissipated by the time it has reached my table. There is nothing to the taste; it tastes like: bad beer. It is also a very thin body. I suppose that it is possible to drink this beer all night, but only if you desperately want a buzz or are a masochist.

04-17-2006 06:27:43 | More by bignick
JayTheFinn

1.13/5  rDev -43.8%

Worst beer I've ever had. It saddens me when a friend will come over and bring a case of beer or a six-pack and proudly busts out the Coors Light. I'd be happier if they'd brought bottled water.

The look is so pale. The flavor is just plain non-existent. The feel was...slight fizz I guess. I suppose some find it drinkable because it's so flavorless and that's the very same reason I can't drink this stuff. The line needs to be drawn somewhere...and Coors Light doesn't even come close to that line.

04-13-2006 03:08:11 | More by JayTheFinn
dubman003

New Hampshire

2.45/5  rDev +21.9%

I have consistently described Coors Light as having a 'syrup'-iness to it, and I have never been able to avoid that description. My throat feels phlegmy after I drink Coors Light, like I need to clear my throat, and I can't stand it.

Realistically, this beer is popular with a lot of girls, and is a good value for games of beer pong or flip cup. I don't mind spilling it all over a table, a floor or myself, and I definitely don't mind letting anyone who wants one to grab a can.

In the case of regular beer selections at the grocery store, Coors Light ranks higher than most (Bud Light, Keystone, Busch), but only someone who doesn't drink enough beer could call it their favorite beer.

04-11-2006 03:51:55 | More by dubman003
jasonjlewis

1.35/5  rDev -32.8%

Coor's Light tastes like water to me. I know it's light beer, but it should have at least some flavor. If you like watery beers that go down easy, this beer is for you. If you like to play drinking games but get full off of beer easily, drink coor's light or keystone light. They are very very easy to chug.

04-10-2006 07:13:47 | More by jasonjlewis
TeutonicKnight

Indiana

3.33/5  rDev +65.7%

A good light beer if you want to drink more than a few. Very light on the stomach, and has an almost chocolate taste. This beer is good for taking on a fishing trip or camping. Don't expect a great beer, but it is better than most light beers out there.

04-05-2006 18:28:00 | More by TeutonicKnight