Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
1.8/5  rDev -10.4%

I went to a bar that had $6 Japanese Macro beers and $2 Coors Light on draft. So I went with the silver bullet based purely on cheapness.

It tasted just as watery as the last time I had it. The color is what you all know well, the palest of yellows with just a dapple of head. The smell is a little grain, maybe some corn and a generic metallic hop aroma. It was not good, there was some residual sweetness that I did not remember it having since usually these beers were being shotgunned.

1.33/5  rDev -33.8%

It had been a long time since I tried a Coors Light. At a friends cookout last week I had one side by side with a PBR and couldn't believe just how tasteless it was. I had to get one to review.

Pours a mixture of pee-yellow and light-puke-green. Small white head at least that turns to a thin ring pretty quickly. Lots of carbonation bubbles.

Smell is...nothing? Literally nothing except the slightest of cereal grain. A blind smell test next to water would be hard to differentiate.

Taste isn't much different. Usual watered down cereal grain, watered down bread taste, but mostly lots and lots of water.

I will never be sure why someone would bother drinking this. Taste is not bad necessarily but it's SO watery and flavorless it's amazing that it's even beer. In that aspect it's been a while since a beer has amazed me this much.

3.14/5  rDev +56.2%

This is my "go-to" beer when I'm looking for a cheap pitcher at a mainstream bar or restaurant. It is not by any means exceptional, but the light taste and feel make it a good beer when nothing else is available.

Not too bitter, has an appropriate amount of hops and carbonation. Alcohol content is obviously less so even after a pitcher or two it's pretty easy to keep walking straight.

1.84/5  rDev -8.5%

Coors Light, the beer that got me started (sad to say). I find that this beer is any typical drinker for the one that doesn't care about quality, handcrafted and phenomenal beers! The one awesome thing about Coors is that fact that they are one of the smaller, big three.

3.46/5  rDev +72.1%

I had this beer so many times and never caught a buzz except for walking funny like a stereotypical gay guy you'd see on TV.

A: Its beer. Thats all I can say.

S: Everything a beer should smell like. Hops,alcohol,barley,and yeast.

T: Light and very crisp. I actually said "ahhh: after the first couple of sips.

M: Crisp, refreshing, light and a bit of carbonation.

D: Its decent. Dont expect to get a "head buzz" type of drunk though. Its ideal for a cook out where you will be eating and drinking a lot but don't wanna vomit. The beer is that nice and light. Also refreshing after a long day. I wouldnt recommend buying it unless you are outdoors a lot.

1.36/5  rDev -32.3%

this was the first beer I ever tried 10 years ago. As an 18 year old college student this was probably the best at the time. Not really a college beer, but better than alternatives bud light and natty light. I bonged this beer the first time I had it and it turned my world upside down to a world of beer.

3.33/5  rDev +65.7%

Toasty, dry, slightly bitter (although not nearly as nasty-bitter as some of its contemporaries), softly tart/sour/acidic, corny, grainy, cardboardish.

It's not really worth describing the flavor, so let's talk about it.

It doesn't lack flavor as many would argue, and indeed what it has going for it overall is more bad than good, but that still leaves it somewhere in the middle as far as I am concerned. Hands down, Coors Light is not bad. Period. In the world of Light Lagers, it's got to be a top contender; in the world of all beer - ignoring stylistic guidelines - it just can't compete (and it's not supposed to). It's not fair for me to say it's boring or putrid because I like IPAs and RISs. Furthermore, I have had more undrinkable interesting-style beers (IPAs, Stouts, Pale Ales, Tripels, and so on) than undrinkable Light beers. Yes. Sure, the enjoyment/appreciation I can muster for the engineering behind a Light beer cannot even compare to the artistic/aesthetic enjoyment I derive from a tight Barleywine, but I would never expect it to; it's not supposed to. The volume and reproducibility that commercial breweries like Miller/Coors are able to achieve year after year, across the nation is spectacular even if one does not understand the sort of black magic that fermentation is.

In reviewing typically low-scoring-styled beers I am torn between judging the beer solely on style, or judging the beer solely on flavor/enjoyment, or where in between to judge. Coors Light is a great Light Lager and a decently drinkable beer (for those to whom (or times when) big flavor is not warranted) [sic, imbedded parenthesis, alright!]. In order to fit into the well worn standards on this site (I love BA, all hail, but really I'm not nitpicking) I am splitting my scoring between overall enjoyment in the whole world of all beer versus stylistic achievement. For this I rate Coors Light higher than average, but lower than I feel I ought to. I don't know what else to do.

On a less serious note, the mountains turn blue when it's cold enough to drink (sadly mine are grey), it has a vented wide mouth for ease of consumption (gulp), and it has a frost brew liner whatever the hell that is (it locks in the frost brewed taste, they say). They have a note to 'do something cool. Recycle.' I'm cool. Ooo!, get this, they also give you the calories (102), carbs (5), protein (0.7), and fat (sadly none). Word.

2.03/5  rDev +1%

Pours very pale clear yellow with white fizz head that is gone instantly. No bubbles rising, no lacing. If it had some carbonation and a slight more head retention, I'd give it a fair pass -- but just can't in this case.

Light malt aroma with mineral/metallic edge. Maybe some grain, but weak.

This was a very hot day, so thirst may have even increased the rating here. Watery to start, with light malt/beer-like presence. Some cereal notes and light bitterness finishing lightly sour as the palate clears. But, this was also ice cold and it disappeared fast. Not that it was highly drinkable, just that it was cold and wet. Not enough carbonation, and super thin body.

People actually knock these back by the dozen on cold winter nights. Wow. Nothing really here. Better than Bud Light, and maybe on par with Miller Light. Was offered and politely accepted, but would never chase his down.

From what I've heard about this beer, it actually had more flavor than I was expecting. Not stunning flavor, but flavor nonetheless. I'm not sure what anyone that's reading a review for Coors Light would expect, but it's just another light beer in the crowd. It's a bit more bitter than Bud Light but I like it. *Everyone* drinks Bud Light so Coors seems kind of refreshing in a way. Overall, I'd say it's decent for this category but not overwhelmingly good. Pretty watery, moderately carbonated and easy to drink. A good beer to buy in bulk for a party or BBQ but that's about it.

1.75/5  rDev -12.9%

A- Poured a straw yellow out of a can with a foamy head and medium carbonation. Looks like your typical light beer.

S- Bitter grains, some alcohol, bread, barley.

T- Very watery just like the good majority of all light beers. Alcohol content is rather low and takes a back seat to the watery taste of this beer.

M- Medium carbonation makes this beer score a low mouthfeel.

D- Drinkable to an extent, basically one of those party / cookout beers. High drinkability and cheap price tag. I could probably drink half a case and still not feel drunk.

2.39/5  rDev +18.9%

figured why not... the girlfriend's family will only drink this, so there you go. Ugh

A- pale straw yellow. There was a head,but then it disappeared. Just a light look for a brew

S- a light malt with virtually no hops. Some standard rice and cereal scents are the most apparent

T- a light, watery flavor that has a sight malt preesenc in the taste. A tad dry and maybe a small bit of fruit? Real small if that is it

M- light bodied and carbonated. Some small flavor actually does remain

D- macros are what they are. Meant to consumed for the masses. This can be dranken is massive quantities. If it's hot out and you have a group of people, you don't need to deny that coors light is at least an option to pound some beers. I can't believe I am actually being positive

1.87/5  rDev -7%

When I think of the few beers that I would actually turn down... even if they're free... this is at the top of the list.

Like Miller Lite there is a small detectable presence of hops, but barely.

Where this thing gets ugly - is when it warms the slightest bit and turns into the nastiest sour swill on the planet. Tasteless when cold... turns horribly sour quick. The sour note gets more dominant with each sip and beer. I can't stop harping about that sour note because it's awful... this beer is undrinkable... it took me a few years to realize this... the overdone corn/grain presence and metallicness(is that a word) is what makes this sour... this beer invented bitter beer face.... I could take sleep deprevation, electric shock, etc... but if you forced me to drink this above 40 degrees - I'd cave.

I hate to say... but this falls just below Heineken Light as the worst beer that I have reviewed on this site. Awful!!!

The first sip isn't bad...because it's tasteless... half way through when it's warmed just 5 degrees... this is nasty.

One of the worst beers on the planet... when I try to think of what's worse... I think Natty iCE.... Steel Reserve.. and a few other really bad beers that I'd NEVER buy... but as for the worst that actually sells in high numbers( i dunoo why... some people who drink beer don't really like beer i guess...

AWFUL!

2.68/5  rDev +33.3%

Coors light, its at every party and that must say something about it. It's a very versatile beer, you can funnel it, play beer pong with it, shotgun it, etc. and they are all about beer technology like vented cans, blue mountains, and widemouths; what is not to like about it?

Almost anyone will drink it and most will probably wind up liking it. I personally think it is second in taste to Bud's version but overall how can you really complain, its 5 bucks a six pack.

2.07/5  rDev +3%

Coors Light is an american macrobrew from Coors Brewinf Company. It is the light version of Coors.

Appearance: Light straw yellow. Almost no head formatio and no lace retention.

Smell: Very little malt aromas, with no hops detected.

Taste: Some maltiness with little bitterness. Some metallic notes.

Mouthfeel: Light and simple. No hop profile, although good carbonation is detectable.

Drinkability: Typical of an american macro. Good for the beach or hot summer days as simple refreshment.

1.55/5  rDev -22.9%

Hmmm...Not really sure what to say about this beer...Appearance was a light buttercup with a distinct amount of haze to it. Very thin head with overly active carbonation. Aroma was weakly of grain. Tasted like light grain in carbonated water....slight (very slight!) hop crispness at the end. Overactive carbonation in the mouth is distracting....

2.15/5  rDev +7%

A: Poured a very pale yellow from the can with a white head that fades quickly.

S: only faint grain aroma no real smell. Not a good thing.

T: No real taste just a very light sweetness.

F: Light body with watery feel but somehow has a clean finish.

D: Very drinkable when very cold. Another backyard-grass cutting-BBQ beer. For best results drink straight from the can. Very sessionable and hard to beat the price. Beer for the masses or mass consumption.

2.37/5  rDev +17.9%

Appearance - This gave off a disappointing head and shown a dim, pissy yellow.

Smell - There's nothing offensive about this grain but really no meat to it at all. Granted this is a LL so is not going to bowl you over with a powerful nose, but I seriously can't smell anything coming out of the glass.

Taste - The flavor was a bit more on the mark. The grain showed a nice spark if maybe a bit on the stale side but overall this was not a bad taste.

Mouthfeel - This was behind the pack. The carbonation was cheap and fizzy like a wine cooler and the thinness of the beer left me wanting. The LLs are of course naturally thin but here the body was like a glass of water.

Sinkability - It has to be pretty damn hot and you gotta be pretty damn thirsty to want to drink twelve ounces of this stuff.

1.72/5  rDev -14.4%

I'm sorry. I drank so many of these today I just had to review it. I had nothing to pour them into so I drank from the can. Upon tapping the rockies I looked inside and I can see straight to the bottom of the can on this beautiful sunny day at Monmouth Racetrack in New Jersey.

Beers like this stump me. They make me feel like my palette and abilities are very amateur because I cannot identify the smells nor the tastes. There is so much carbonation that my mouth just mostly tingles and I can't pick up the tastes in the beer.

As for drinkability, once you get past the taste, you can drink them all day because drinking these babies is like drinking bad tasting alcoholic seltzer.

2.18/5  rDev +8.5%

24 oz. can purchased at the Rays game last night. $9, I usually spend $9 on a nice 750 of Saison, or Imperial this or that, so a bit expensive.

A: It was in a can, I poured a little into my plastic cup, but lets not kid ourselves, the majority of this was consumed directly from the can. What I did pour was a very light yellow with aggressive carbonation bubbles.

A: Corn, water, adjuncts. Ya know.

T: Watery malted barley, light corn, and bubbles.

M: Light.

D: Hey, I was at a ball game having a good time with my pops. There is a time and place for every beer, and last night it was time for a tall boy of Coors Light! Skal.

2.33/5  rDev +15.9%

355ml can poured into pint glass May25 2010

A a clear very light straw yellow very little color in this one to go along with a fast falling fingers worth of head that left no lace

S maybe a little honey and faint hops

T the flavors not offensive because there's practically no flavor at all

M as thin as a beer can get but it has enough carbonation to give it something

D much like water this is easy too drink but also easy too forget

very little going on here, where ever you are there's better beers to drink

1.84/5  rDev -8.5%

A very pale yellow with a white head that disappears as soon as it's formed. Aroma is a surprisingly vinous sweetness. Taste is basically a watery malt sweetness. Very high carbonation leaves a tingling sensation.

I haven't had one of these in a long time and it wasn't as bad as I expected. I even kind of liked the smell , even though it didn't smell like a beer. It's certainly not anything I would ever drink again because there's really no taste to it but it's not awful and I can see why some people like it. It's sweet and alcoholic and as easy to drink as soda.

2.53/5  rDev +25.9%

Ok, so let's talk about Coors Light.

This is about as light a beer as you can find both taste and drinkability-wise. A six pack can disappear in a hurry on a hot Summer day.

While I'm not a fan of thise beer, I have consumed a lot of it over the years during the warm months. At a BBQ or down the shore---its an easy choice and drinks like water.

As my cousin says, "Coors Lt, the one beer to have when you are having 30." Also, doesn't get you hammered --- can drink these all day.

Taste is not offensive as there really isn't much. Carbonation is high---I mean, not much else to say. It is what it is.
Reach for the Rockies!

2.68/5  rDev +33.3%

Silver bullet can into a generic american beer glass.

Pours golden straw yellow/gold. small head. Grassy slight hop aroma.

Drinks watery with almost no hop characteristic. Kind of metallic flavor in there.

Lots of carb so it burns on the way down.

Perhaps its a residual habit from all the pounding of this beer that I did in my college days, but it goes down fast and in large gulps. I realized that all these years I was bypassing my palate when I drink this stuff. Almost like doing shots.

Definitely not what I have come to know as good beer, but passable as a, "get drunk on the deck" kind of brew. After the first few gulps, its almost like drinking ice water on autopilot.

I would not buy this while at the beer store, but if there is nothing else in the cooler on a hot day...

2.6/5  rDev +29.4%

Doing a review of the good old silver bullet. Went to the gas station and bout a 24 oz can. The mountains on the can are blue so I guess it's cold enough for me to drink...

This beer has an extremely light and pale color. And the head vanishes really fast. It does not have a corn or grain smell. It smells like water with a faint trace of hops. It does not really have a whole lot of taste. It tastes like water and it feels like seltzer water in the mouth. It's very easy to drink due to it's watery composition.

Don't buy this beer if you are seeking a flavorful beer. coors Light is really good for one thing and one thing only. Getting people intoxicated quickly. Coors Light is probably one of the easiest beers to drink, so that's why it's so popular in colleges I guess. I'm sure any one who went to college has drank a serious amount of Coors Light.

2.35/5  rDev +16.9%

A beer haiku for you--

"Drinkable? Of course,
Zero personality:
Beer all too common"

At the risk of being labeled unfairly elitist, just sampled one of the neighbor's in his cooler. Colorado Koolaid--could consume many without consequence other than profound regret. A great example of our country's willingness to settle for mass market appeal. Come on, ride the train....

Cheers!