Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
2.7/5  rDev +34.3%

Pound this beer. I like water. I like beer. Why not call this beer water? Coors prides itself on using water 'fresh from the rockies'. Well, I guess this is everyones chance to taste that. A good beer to have on a lunch break, because nobody would know you were drinking at lunch. I have to admit, this is my favorite run of the mill american macro-brew.

A- transparent. Light yellow. Yes, pisslike.

S- it almost smells like beer

T- it almost tastes like water

M- Highly carbonated and super light

D- All day. No problem drinking this at any time of day or night with no other choice.

2.1/5  rDev +4.5%

16 oz can poured into pint glass

A: Pale to piss yellow in color... 1/2 a finger of head that disappears very quickly to nothing... no lacing at all. Pretty weak.

S: Corn, some other indiscernible adjuncts. Maybe a little malt... again weak.

T: Nothing really stands out but the corn and a little malt, and I mean a little... after taste is like the over all feel WEAK... Taste like the first beers I ever drank.... before I found Micro brews and really beer.

M: Light and watery, lots of carbonation... again Weak !!!

D: Very poundable...but why would you... there is not much here.

OK I've had 2 light beers back to back.... and this is pretty bad.

1.43/5  rDev -28.9%

A - Typical and standard macro swill. Straw fizzy yellow with little to no head.

S - Has a minor touch of hops and not much else to go with it. Very little in the nose

T - Well, another attempt at being non-offensive has turned this beer to junk. As long as this beer is cold, I mean ice cold, then it's ok. Simply because you can't taste it. If it warms a little, then it tastes like piss water.

M - Overly thin. The easier it is to drink, the more will be bought and the richer these worthless macro companies become.

D - Blech...I'll have water instead.

1.87/5  rDev -7%

12oz can poured into a pint glass.

This looks like piss, from someone whose really hydrated. Very clear with a hint of yellow, a somewhat thick fluffy what head. Nose is skunky and poor.

Taste is slightly sweet and tart, no hops at all but a hint of maltiness. Mouthfeel is very watery with a light carbonation. Easy to drink as long as it's cold but once it gets above 40 degrees it goes WAY downhill.

1.82/5  rDev -9.5%

A -Clear with some yellow tint.

S - There is no scent coming from this beer. If there is, it means it was skunked.

T - To call it flavorless would be putting it "lightly".

M - Great palate cleanser.

D - Easy to drink, like bottled water.

I guess this is what happens when more money is poured into advertising than R&D.

2.77/5  rDev +37.8%

Coors Light

poured into a pint glass

clear and yellow, the thin white head disappears rapidly. smells of grain and corn husk. watery sweetness. tastes of watery grains, corn, a slight metallic adjunct taste.

not enticing by any means, but not offensive like some macros. Coors Light rises slightly above its gas station counterparts in this respect. mouth is watery, light, with a short adjunct-metal-corn finish.

overall, it's not bad for what it is: Coors Light seems to be better than most light macros, beating BL and Miller Light by a long shot. next time i have this though, i think i'll have it in the bottle so as to shield my senses.

2.17/5  rDev +8%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3.5

A- Typical macro golden. huge head to start disappears in about six seconds.
S- Smells of husk and metal. some artificial sweetness. kinda like bad cereal.
T- taste is more of the same. artificial cereal taste.
M- has a strange mouthfeel, even for a macro. i mean it's watery. but it comes with like a film that doesn't feel right.
D- drinks like a macro should. watery and easy enough to drink several of.
Not much different than the other macros. I would say it has more flavor than other light beers. that's not necessarily a good thing.

2.91/5  rDev +44.8%

A: This beer is about as clear as they get. Even less color than say a Miller Lite or Bud Light.

S: Smells like all the other light lagers.

T: Tastes very light with a little more sweetness that comes through when its cold.

M: Like water. I like water.

D: Coors Light is absolutely nothing special aside from the fact that when you've just mowed the lawn or worked a long day and you just want a cheap, light, beer that is refreshing and just about nothing else it tastes great. Coors Light has none of the "off" tastes that sometimes I feel Bud and Miller have. All in all, if I want to drink a light, cheap beer I'll reach for this. Any other time, I'll drink better.

1.96/5  rDev -2.5%

A: A very light golden lager with a bubbly head. An average amount of bubbles in the beer too.

S: Can't really smell much to be honest! A little hint of sweet, sticky larger.

T: It had been a while since I had drunk Coors Light and I must say I was less than impressed. A horrible sweetness with a shocking bitter after-taste.

M: Fizzy water? Not terrible but there is nothing to it.

D: Yes, very easy to drink but probably because it is so flat, boring and flavourless.

I have had this beer before and enjoyed it as a refresher. Needs to be served ICE COLD if you are going to enjoy it at all.

I've had this beer on-tap too, and enjoyed the latter version far more.

2.06/5  rDev +2.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 4

Someone left a few of these at my place after a recent party. I've always wanted to review it so here we go!

Poured froma 12-oz twisty into a clear plastic keg cup. It seemed a bit apropos after all.

OK this is light gold in color...but kinda pee yellow. I actually had a 1984 VW camper van that was close to this color. Pure white head lasts about 5 seconds, then fades to a ring.

This beer has almost no aroma at about 40 degrees. Maybe the faintest hint of adjunct sweetness? there is a touch more in the flavor. Just a light sweet corn-like taste and some fizz. No hops or anything to speak of.

It's light bodied...no really? Good thirst quencher, but so is water.

2.15/5  rDev +7%

The 12 oz silver bullet into a pint

A - Pours a light golden color. Extremely clear - like glass. Highly carbonated from all the bubbling, but head formation is minimal.

S - This beer smells like air - absolutely scentless.

T - Extremely lightly flavored all the way through. I would say at best I get just a hair of pilsner malt from beginning to end. No hopping. No aftertaste. No nothing.

M - Minimal body - no carbonation bite. Very watery.

D - Extremely easy to drink. Low ABV. No flavor at all - meaning it won't offend you.

Perhaps those humorous NFL commercials can overcome the complete lameness of this beer.

1.62/5  rDev -19.4%

Appearance: pours a very light yellow color with a 1" head that breaks down immediately. No lace develops.

Smell: some sweetness is all you can pull from the glass.

Taste: minimal malt profile with some soft sweetness, and almost no bitterness. Compared to a light beer like Sam Adams, this is almost flavorless in the style.

Mouthfeel: light in body. Crisp throughout. Clean aftertaste.

Drinkability: I could barely finish half a glass of this. If you want a light beer, go to Sam Adams or a basic german pilsner.

1.45/5  rDev -27.9%

Trying to be professional and not point out that this beer is obviously just water with alcohol, corn, and yellow dye. The lowest of the low. Aside from Busch Light, which makes me sick.

The color is piss-yellow with a grainy, dried-beer-in-a-frat-house smell.

Corn, parched white barley, and sewer water. Over-carbonated. Grainy and metallic-tasting.

Smooth consistency, but this reflects only in the mouthfeel. Finish is watery, even for a light lager.

2.5/5  rDev +24.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

I have had several times, and it is finally time to review it. Clear gold color which you can see right through. Small head, poor retention. Smell is very faint hops. Some grain. The taste is light like the smell. More like water in many ways than beer, but not as offensive as some light lagers. Very thin feel. On the positive side, it is also smooth and easy to drink. Not very good, but not real offensive either.

2.01/5  rDev 0%

Coors Light is what I call a "beer by circumstance." On a 90-degree day, it's inexplicably refreshing. When it's free, it's inexplicably refreshing. When it's either this or an IC Light with a cigarette butt in it, it's inexplicably refreshing. I can pound Coors Light one after another under those conditions.

"Pound" is the keyword here. This is certainly not something to observe for complexity. If you do, you will certainly spit it out or make "that face." Anyone that claims to like the flavor has never thoroughly tasted Coors Light. It has little redeemable flavor, and it smells like corn and ashtrays.

However, I'd be lying if I said I never crushed a few without a second thought.

This beer is like nailing a "4"...You would never openly admit to the experience, let alone brag about it, but it was there in a pinch during your dry spell. And when you were hammered, it seemed like a solid "8."

2.52/5  rDev +25.4%

A: This light beer has a very light pale color, and no lacing on the glass.

S: This beer has no smell at all.

T: It's a watered down taste

M/D: It has little to no mouthfeel. If you want a general comsumption light beer, then this is the beer for you. This beer is meant to be drank Ice Cold.

1.25/5  rDev -37.8%

It reminds me of a glass of water into which someone accidentally poured in a little beer. I understand the mass market for beer in the USA is young adults who prefer quantity over quality. Coors Light is perfect for that audience. You can drink it like water because it is water.

2.9/5  rDev +44.3%

Pours a very light yellow, some head, little to no lacing on glass.

Smells slightly grassy, slightly like a glass of water, very light hop presence.

Tastes very watered down, like I would be able to play beer pong with it or chug it without having any issues whatsoever. Very little mouthfeel, this beer is meant to be drank ice cold as implied with the cold indicator on the can unlike most beers that I drink. Very clean of any could be undesirable flavors because hey, there is not a whole lot of flavor in the beer. Not a secret.

Tap the Rockies!

3.7/5  rDev +84.1%

Coors Light
Coors Brewing Company
Style: Light Lager
ABV: 4.20 %
can > pint glass, reviewed 10/16/09

3/3/4/4/4

Appearance is a very light/clear straw in color with noticeable carbonation. Suprising 2 finger head with short head retention but a bit better than most other light macros IMO.

Smell and taste is... well... almost invisible. Super clean and in almost non existent. If this is an objective of the Amercian Light macro scene, well than this brew has arrived. I prefer a bit more taste even in a light beer, but it is very impressive how clean this one is.

Mouthfeel is very light in body with high carbonation. Very clean profile with no aftertaste.

According to style I think Coors Light meets the objectives pretty well. It has a bit more of a cleaner profile than B&M, very light and non filling as you would expect. Drinkable if this is your type of style. I may have learned that I would choose a CL over BL or ML if someone is handing them out.

1.9/5  rDev -5.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

Pale yellow, almost no head.

Very little smell, slight grain presence.

I'm not kidding when I say this could be water. Really, I've had water with more taste than this. Granted, it was bad tasting water. The taste here goes like: nothing, then maybe you think it's mineral water, then a slight corn presence, then sort of like ultra watery cheerios, then back to nothing. Slight off flavor at the end.

Mouthfeel thin.

Drinkability? If I want water, I'll drink water. If I want a beer, I'll look for one with a taste.

2.1/5  rDev +4.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3.5

Pours like a monthy drug test...looks like piss.
Dissapointing head dispite the apparent carbonation. White as snow though.

Smells a bit like hops. At least you can sense it has beer ingredients.

Carbonated beer! Beer? Yea, I suppose..

Tad heavier than water...

The drink is high naturally based on what it is...a chugger. A few years ago this was great! Now that I have experienced and know what good beer is, I'm ashamed to know this thing!

Notes- If I had to put this up to the BIG 3, I would probably take this 2nd over miller.

Pointless reviewk, but what the hey!

2.4/5  rDev +19.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2

Pours an almost clear bubbly fizzy watery yellow without much of a head besides a few bubbles at the top. Smells like a frat house at 3AM after everyone left and the floor is covered in sticky beer residue and empty cans. Taste is bland and uninteresting. Mouthfeel is very carbonated and very watery. Drinkability is poor, this just tastes like nothing.

1.6/5  rDev -20.4%

12 oz. Can

A: Piss colored beer; it looks like every other cheap light beer, yellow and very carbonated.

S: Smells like air and corn preservatives.

T: Tastes like water and corn starch. The corn is unpleasant and the bitterness is awkward.

M: Decent mouthfell, it has to have this considering how light it is.

D: It's light beer, so it's drinkable.

I like it better than Bud and Miller Light, but frankly I can't imagine someone drinking this for any reason other than to get drunk or so they can show off that they had a beer.

1.75/5  rDev -12.9%

I have kind of avoided rating this beer, I guess, because I avoid drinking this beer.
For me this is the most watered down beer in existence. People who drink it regularly (I feel) have no concept of "beer".
A- Pours a very very light yellow color. pours a head that dies down to nothing and not leaving a trace of lacing anywhere. Pretty sad looking beer.

S- No real aroma coming off this. .

T- Very watery tasting.

M- Very light watery mouthfeel to this. Leaves a sweet taste on the palate.

D- This beer is not for me or a lot of people who drink for the taste not the effect. I am not impressed at all with this beer. I'll pass it up anytime I can.

2.35/5  rDev +16.9%

I won't even bother reviewing. You know what it is.

Hard to even bother considering it. It's just there, on the shelf, and in every bar in America.

Of commercial light beers, it's my second preference with Busch Light being the first. I'll take it any day over Bud Light, but is that really saying much? Not awful, kind of refreshing on a really hot day, but then anything's ok when it's chilled to 33 degrees. I don't even really think of it as beer though. Really it's on the same level as an alcoholic soda, just as ubiquitous at least.

One thing that's always baffled me; it has a faint banana taste to it. What the hell's up with that?

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company