Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
3.04/5  rDev +51.2%

One of my favorite jokes is; Coors Light is like having sex in a canoe, it's f%#$ing near water.

I can notice the difference between this and beers like Miller Lite right away. I will only have Coors Light when I'm having more than 6 beers in a day/night. The color is so light, there's hardly any head, it's just weak. Not to mention they make such a big deal about frost brewed, and blue mountains, and other silly marketing ideas. Does anyone really want a train bringing snow when they open a beer?

2.21/5  rDev +10%

Served to me in a bottle for free while playing a show in a small bar. It was either this, Bud Light, or Miller Golden Draft (I have a strong dislike for the other two).

No appearance review, it was kept in the bottle. The smell was like corn grains, straw, and grass.

Watery, mildly carbonated, grainy grassy taste. Mild skunk and easy to swish down the hatch. Very refreshing but really has nothing to offer.

I would probably never buy this beer unless I had no other choice. I'd take it again for free if there was seriously no other good choices (like in this case).

Many, many better light lagers out there (Grain Belt, Rolling Rock, Bud 55, Michelob Ultra). Avoid.

2.73/5  rDev +35.8%

Appearance: Basically the same as Bud Light, but flatter.

Smell: Not skunked so that's good. Kind of refreshing and grainy. Pretty watery though.

Taste/Mouthfeel: Watery but smooth and pretty refreshing, especially when compared to Bud Light.

Drinkability: Refreshing when very cold, which it stays like for a while compared to the Keystone variety.

Overall: College students! Pay the extra few bucks and get something refreshing like this. Coors Light is the most neutral of the light macros, and thereofore the least offensive for many.

1.79/5  rDev -10.9%

A - I don't know how this could get any worse. Yellow fizzy beer, no head retention at all, no lacing.

S - Corn and adjunct, but nothing totally offensive.

T - Some creamed corn, but mostly flavorless.

M - Water-like thin body, high carbonation, rough across the palate, sticky.

O - You can definitely drink a lot of these with the light body, but what's the point?

1.91/5  rDev -5%

Whew... This one was rough...

This is one of those brews that's better from the bottle or can...

Arrives a light golden with a 1/16 inch head... No carbonation at all seemingly...

Very musty aromas of grain and something metallic... Dirty tap lines? At any rate, this one is rough... Not appealing at all..

Again, rough in this dept.. Very skunky and grainy with a strong metallic aftertaste... Others around me are chugging this but I'm having troubles...

Not one I'll have again for sure...

1.8/5  rDev -10.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

On tap in a 22 oz Weizen glass. Appears a clear yellow to golden color. There is a small head that dissipates slowly and leaves no lacing at all.

Smells of corn and other adjuncts but is much sweeter than other comparable beers. The taste is sweet and fruity but the adjuncts still stand out.

The mouthfeel is very thin and watery, with a high level of carbonation. It's fairly easy to drink, but only something I have when I'm out and need something cheap for the night. Definitely my go-to drink when I'm out with friends.

2.39/5  rDev +18.9%

The mountains on the can were blue, so it was cold enough to drink. Following instructions.

Poured from a 12 ounce can into a shaker pint. Beer is light yellow and clear. Carbonation is quite active, medium bubbles. It forms a soapy white head, large bubbles that falls away quickly leaving a monolayer of small diffuse bubbles that slowly breaks. There is no lacing on the glass.

Aroma is odd, almost nothing, some malt sweetness but its really weak, there is also kind of an unpleasant biting harsh undertone to the whole thing. Me no likey.

It doesn't taste like anything. Its like water. Nevermind.

3.34/5  rDev +66.2%

Appearance: 1 inch head, high carbonation, straw yellow in color, clear

Smell: grass, bitter hops, some skunkiness

Taste: light grain, grass, small hops

Mouthfeel: sweetish start with a slightly bitter end, high carbonation, super light body

Drinkability: For the style this is fairly good. I was surprised with how drinkable this is. There are other styles I would reach for first, but if I wanted a light lager, I could session these. Although watery, it seems like a good beer for outdoor work.

2.12/5  rDev +5.5%

12 oz emptied into a Pilsener.

A: Pours straw gold with a fizzy 1-finger white head which quickly disappears. No lacing.

S: Adjuncts, grain, slight fruitiness as it warms.

M: Light bodied with good carbonation.

T: Mostly sour grain, weak malt. Hops are a nonentity here. Finish is watery. Sour, metallic aftertaste.

D: Drink this COLD. That way it goes down quick. This beer was not meant to be analyzed, hence it falls apart under close examination.

2.83/5  rDev +40.8%

275 mL brown bottle poured into a pint glass (as I don't have any lager glassware).

A: Clear, faint yellow, bubbly beer sits underneath a foamy, off-white head. Better appearance than I expected.

S: Grains and adjuncts, more or less a typical adunct lager smell.

T: While there is nothing interesting here, I must admit I didn't hate it as much as I expected to. Not bad with a venison burger.

M: Light and moderately refreshing--very carbonated.

D: Not nearly as horrible as I expected. Pleasantly surprised (and moderately confused, hehe).

1.7/5  rDev -15.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

I'm drinking one right now only under the obligation of adding the label to my collection. It just shows how dedicated I am to my beer label collection if I'm willing to endure this swill. They definitely went overboard on the "light", since the flavor nearly resembles water. Heck, NJ's drinking water has more flavor and body than this.

Appearance: Very pale, unhealthy yellow.

Smell: Slightly dank, kind of like a crusty old bar.

Taste: Slightly sweet, with hints of corn

Mouthfeel: Slightly more consistent than water.

Drinkability: I'm done after this one.

1.66/5  rDev -17.4%

Ugh! Where do I begin with this one? My first trip to America and I was introduced to this beer first, and it was so bad I nearly swore off trying any other American beer! (I was glad to be proven wrong however, as I have tried some fantastic beers in America).

A: lemon-yellow, really fizzy, poured into a 1cm head that dissipated with no lace.

S: Nothing but 'grain'. Maybe a hint of hay?

T: Wait, this is a BEER? Isn't it supposed to taste of.. uhmmm.. Barley, Hops, hell, Something?! I think tap-water has more flavour than this. But seriously, it tasted of almost nothing, maybe a bit of corn.. That's it.

M: Watery

D: Probably a cheap substitute for water.
Overall: A bad first impression of American lagers.

1.53/5  rDev -23.9%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Pours a light yellow color, nice carbonation, small white head, with some sticky lacing left behind. The nose is malty, with some hops, slight caramel. The taste is slightly sweet, malty, slight hop note. Light body. Not drinkable, would not buy again.

2.72/5  rDev +35.3%

By far the best of the Big three light beers. However by no means is this the golden standarad of beer.
A- Your standard micro- horse piss yellow foam quickly dissapates leaving little or no lacing behind
S- less grotesque than its big three counterparts, but nothing to brag about
T- nothing great but nothing horrible either. Heavy on the carbonation, like most macros
M- bubbly, almost like a coke. No real special flavors, but as stated before when compared to its constituants, its okay
D- If you are in college and need a cheap beer, and are unfortunate enough to live somewhere that doesnt have a wide selection of beer, than this is for you

2.3/5  rDev +14.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

(Served in a strange)
A- This beer pours a pale yellow hue to a crystal clear body with only 1 or 2 tiny bubbles of fizz in the body. The head fizzes as the snow white head dissipates before the glass can even get to my lips.
S- This beer has a soft faint grain note that is soon gone and only a clean aroma with a faint sulfur hint is left.
T- The very soft green apple hard candy note finishes with a field corn note that lingers a bit. There is a slight watery taste that covers these flavors as the beer warms.
M- This beer has a medium-light mouthfeel with a watery texture and a bit of a flat texture on the tongue.
D- This beer has no off flavors except for the green apple candy note. It would have been nice to see even a hint of hop or grain but there was really just nothing.

ok it has been FOREVER since i have consumed one of these lovelies. but yesterday at a family party i was offered a beer to which i said "sure!". once i saw it was a coors light i could not withdraw my commitment, and be rude. so the pour looked like light colored pee. i wanted to attempt a pour instead of drinking out of the can but perhaps i should have kept it in the can to preserve the coldness needed to keep this as drinkable as possible. it smelled fine...not like a load of dung in a bag...just fine. the taste was ugh...shittastic. i had to get it down as quick as possible b/c as it warmed it started tasting as if i was slurping some type of liquid off the men's room floor of yankee stadium. and that's how it started to smell. has craft beer turned me into a snob? perhaps...but i'd rather be a snob, than drink fat smelly guy pee in a can. just me...

2.38/5  rDev +18.4%

The Silver Bullet

Pours a pretty generic strawish yellow color, fizzy head recedes quickly. Welcome to the light lager category. Seen better, seen worse.

Smell has gotta be in the bottom quartile though...grainy, musty, tinny...

Thankfully I don't drink it for the smell. The taste is probably actually my favorite of the Macro lights. A kind of sweetness helps mask most of the things that one would normally not experience while drinking this beer. Minimal hop presence if any, and maybe some malt contributes to that sweetness, but it cant be much.

Mouthfeel is pretty light, watery...big carbonation bubbles make this one sting if you drink it as cold as they tell you to.

Overall though, way better than Bud Light, Keystone Lt, Natty Lt, etc etc, still better than Miller Lite. i've foudn my personal winner for this category, and I'm sticking by its side.

2.03/5  rDev +1%

No head, aroma, lacing or flavor to speak of. I literally could not finish the beer. Normally, I can drink this beer but the past couple of months I have been drinking more micro brews so this now tastes horrible compared to the latter. This was served at a party so I didn't have much choice.

2.95/5  rDev +46.8%

This is the best light beer of all of the big three beer brands. It has a refreshing taste and a better smell than that of Bud Light and Miller Light. Much more drinkable than the previous two as well as a much better mouthfeel. A good solid beer at a reasonable price.

Cheers!

1.98/5  rDev -1.5%

A - Clear golden color with a fluffy white head that reduces fast.

S - Faint smell, light corn and malt sweetness.

T - A little bit of adjunct sweetness, and not a lot else. Watery more than anything else.

M - Light and crisp with a lot of carbonation.

D - Easy to drink, but that's probably because it is watery. Flavor isn't great though.

Notes: What you would expect. Always used to say that this is everyone's second favorite beer, and everyone kind of likes it, but doesn't really like it. Not offensive at all but not good.

3.23/5  rDev +60.7%

Nothing I can say we don't all already know. It's a cheap American beer produced for the masses. I actually like this beer and if I'm drinking bmc and am going the light route this is my preference. A solid beer when holding a party or football related event.

1.4/5  rDev -30.3%

Will try to be objective about this one while refraining from the college frat party references.

A- Pale yellow lager with a wimpy insipid head which hung around for a while.

S - Nothing attractive here - maybe a soapy dishwater aroma.

T - I have had flavored club sodas with more taste than this one. Tastes more like the container than anything else. Maybe a little quinine or a slight grassy vegetal taste.

M - Thin, light bodied and no finish or aftertaste to speak of --which is in this case is not a bad thing.

D - Couldn't get through this one as I poured half of the bottle down the drain. Pass.

1.75/5  rDev -12.9%

Pours a pale yellow with a thin white head. Nothing much in the aroma, same thing can be said about the taste. Barely any flavor, maybe some sweet grain here and there, but that's about it. Pretty much like water mixed with hops. Easy to drink a bunch of these since it's like water. Stable college party beer, but that's about it.

1.68/5  rDev -16.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

A: Pours perfectly clear, with an extremely faint yellow color. The white head is initially rather tall, with a foamy, patchy texture. Retention is so-so, although I've seen much worse from a light macro. A modicum of lacing sticks to the glass.

S: A whiff of graininess accompanied by some mild cooked veggie notes. Some floral/herbal hop hints, along with some metallic, vaguely sourish aromas.

T: A flash of grain husks along with cooked vegetable and herbal flavor. A bit metallic. Quite watery overall.

M: Obviously light. Carbonation is surprisingly (and disappointingly) light as well, lending to a slightly flat watery character that certainly doesn't redeem any of its other flaws.

D: Of the big three macro light beers, Coors is definitely my least preferred option. Bud Light, while insipid, at least manages to be somewhat crisp and refreshing. This can't even really manage that. Reasonably inoffensive, but there's just no reason to bother. If you can't get beyond light beers, at least drink Miller Lite instead.

1.17/5  rDev -41.8%

WOOHOO SILVER BULLET I am convinced this shit could kill a vampire! Heres We Goes!

Appearance: Pours a slight white fizzy head that quickly retreats to not even a slick cap no lacing what so ever, Pissy yellow with alot of bubbles breaking the surface.

Smell: Metal and corn and a slight urine smell. Maybe a little malt some where.

Taste: What taste? I am trying to pick up a anything notable. I taste corn and a strange metallic after taste.

Mouthfeel: very fizzy and thin.

Drinkability: You think this beer would get a gold star here. But yeah it doesn't. Even though it is a light watery tasteless lager I can't seee myself drinking more than one or two because A. It is not good tasting and B. If I drink a couple of these I am bound to spend every 15 minutes taking a piss.

BOTTOM LINE! Only drink this if you are handed one. The only reason I did this review is because my room mate's brother bought a 12pk and didn't even finish half before he left so my room mate was like oh go ahead because she definately wouldn't touch them. The funny thing is this is my Step Sisters favorite beer but when she had it was bottles which was slightly better but only slightly!

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company