Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
3.7/5  rDev +84.1%

Coors Light
Coors Brewing Company
Style: Light Lager
ABV: 4.20 %
can > pint glass, reviewed 10/16/09

3/3/4/4/4

Appearance is a very light/clear straw in color with noticeable carbonation. Suprising 2 finger head with short head retention but a bit better than most other light macros IMO.

Smell and taste is... well... almost invisible. Super clean and in almost non existent. If this is an objective of the Amercian Light macro scene, well than this brew has arrived. I prefer a bit more taste even in a light beer, but it is very impressive how clean this one is.

Mouthfeel is very light in body with high carbonation. Very clean profile with no aftertaste.

According to style I think Coors Light meets the objectives pretty well. It has a bit more of a cleaner profile than B&M, very light and non filling as you would expect. Drinkable if this is your type of style. I may have learned that I would choose a CL over BL or ML if someone is handing them out.

1.9/5  rDev -5.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

Pale yellow, almost no head.

Very little smell, slight grain presence.

I'm not kidding when I say this could be water. Really, I've had water with more taste than this. Granted, it was bad tasting water. The taste here goes like: nothing, then maybe you think it's mineral water, then a slight corn presence, then sort of like ultra watery cheerios, then back to nothing. Slight off flavor at the end.

Mouthfeel thin.

Drinkability? If I want water, I'll drink water. If I want a beer, I'll look for one with a taste.

2.1/5  rDev +4.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3.5

Pours like a monthy drug test...looks like piss.
Dissapointing head dispite the apparent carbonation. White as snow though.

Smells a bit like hops. At least you can sense it has beer ingredients.

Carbonated beer! Beer? Yea, I suppose..

Tad heavier than water...

The drink is high naturally based on what it is...a chugger. A few years ago this was great! Now that I have experienced and know what good beer is, I'm ashamed to know this thing!

Notes- If I had to put this up to the BIG 3, I would probably take this 2nd over miller.

Pointless reviewk, but what the hey!

2.4/5  rDev +19.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2

Pours an almost clear bubbly fizzy watery yellow without much of a head besides a few bubbles at the top. Smells like a frat house at 3AM after everyone left and the floor is covered in sticky beer residue and empty cans. Taste is bland and uninteresting. Mouthfeel is very carbonated and very watery. Drinkability is poor, this just tastes like nothing.

1.6/5  rDev -20.4%

12 oz. Can

A: Piss colored beer; it looks like every other cheap light beer, yellow and very carbonated.

S: Smells like air and corn preservatives.

T: Tastes like water and corn starch. The corn is unpleasant and the bitterness is awkward.

M: Decent mouthfell, it has to have this considering how light it is.

D: It's light beer, so it's drinkable.

I like it better than Bud and Miller Light, but frankly I can't imagine someone drinking this for any reason other than to get drunk or so they can show off that they had a beer.

1.75/5  rDev -12.9%

I have kind of avoided rating this beer, I guess, because I avoid drinking this beer.
For me this is the most watered down beer in existence. People who drink it regularly (I feel) have no concept of "beer".
A- Pours a very very light yellow color. pours a head that dies down to nothing and not leaving a trace of lacing anywhere. Pretty sad looking beer.

S- No real aroma coming off this. .

T- Very watery tasting.

M- Very light watery mouthfeel to this. Leaves a sweet taste on the palate.

D- This beer is not for me or a lot of people who drink for the taste not the effect. I am not impressed at all with this beer. I'll pass it up anytime I can.

2.35/5  rDev +16.9%

I won't even bother reviewing. You know what it is.

Hard to even bother considering it. It's just there, on the shelf, and in every bar in America.

Of commercial light beers, it's my second preference with Busch Light being the first. I'll take it any day over Bud Light, but is that really saying much? Not awful, kind of refreshing on a really hot day, but then anything's ok when it's chilled to 33 degrees. I don't even really think of it as beer though. Really it's on the same level as an alcoholic soda, just as ubiquitous at least.

One thing that's always baffled me; it has a faint banana taste to it. What the hell's up with that?

3.57/5  rDev +77.6%

Poured from a 12oz can

This beer pours a clear pale yellow with a large head. This head vanishes quickly however, leaving very little lace

Slightly skunky with light malts and something else probably or a corn or rice addative

Extremely sweet malts with very little hop charecter

Light bodied with high carbonation

This beer is extremely drinkable, light bodied and sweet goes down like gingerale

this is without a doubt my favorite light beer, i dont really drink light beer so that isn't saying much but if i'm looking to play a bunch of drinking games with is what i would go with every time

1.93/5  rDev -4%

to start, i can't stand light beers as most of them have proven to be just tripe.

bud light and coors light rank on my all time low list and will avoid them at all costs, this includes drinking girly drinks like bacardi coolers over this stuff...

A: light yellow with minimal head. the head vanishes about as fast as my expectations for this brew.

S: bit grainy and adjunct, cornish. doesnt smell like much

T: tasted like metalic cereal mixed with hints of soap, not impressed in the least.

M: very thin with a heap of fizz, really rather annoying. belched a heap after finishing it off.

D: because of very little taste and feel it will pass some what on a hot day if i'm about to die of lack of beer.

1.72/5  rDev -14.4%

Poured from 16oz can. Part of my Big Beer tasting.

A- Pours a very very light yellow color. Almost looks like well...ginger ale. Big 2 finger bright white head head that dies down to nothing and not leaving a trace of lacing anywhere. Pretty sad looking beer.

S- No real big aroma coming off this. Not like I expected it too. There is a bad earthy funk to this. No hop smell at all. There is a sweet corn adjunct aroma big time with this beer.

T- Very sweet taste to this. Big corn adjunct taste to this. Also a little funky fruit taste I can't put my finger on. Like most people have sad once this beer warms up the taste changes from not so bad to terrible. Very watery tasting.

M- Very light mouthfeel to this. Carbonation is to the extreme in this beer. It could die down a little and it would be ok. Beer fizzes in the mouth as you sip on it. Leaves a sweet taste on the palate.

D- This beer is very drinkable when you want to just slam something. Sadly, this beer is not for me or a lot of people who drink for the taste not the effect. I am not impressed at all with this beer. I'll pass it up anytime I can.

1.82/5  rDev -9.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

put in a situation where the only beers were Budweiser, Coors Light and Yuengling Lager... had to give it a whirl again so I could review it.

A: faint yellow... if beer could be white, this would come close

S: smells like water thats running through a creek in a yard... fresh water, but stanky earth and mold

T: tastes like well water... not clean and ya know somehtigns wrong with it

M: very watery, very thin, over carbonated, dry

D: drinkable only because it doesnt taste like anything... below Miller Light and Bud Light in my book. The worst beer i have ever had.

2.02/5  rDev +0.5%

~ 12 oz can. Found this silver bullet all the way in the back of my fridge. It was hiding behind a bottle of Orval, which I will be enjoying next after this soon-to-be disaster. I will not even give this sorry excuse for a beer the luxury of sitting in my Leffe glass, so I've decided to just gulp it down right out of the can. You can only drink this ice cold, and if you let it warm up, you might as well just throw it out. A good thing the mountains on my can were blue, an indication to quick-drink me now or you will be sorry later! A run-of-the-mill choice for any reunion where your friends think Budweiser is the best beer in the world! ~

2.3/5  rDev +14.4%

yet another social gathering beer, easy to drink after a few

poured into a pilsener glass, pours a beautiful piss yellow color, bland smell, its a light, watered down beer, doesnt taste bad but not good either, good drinkability for parties other wise its a no-go from me

2.08/5  rDev +3.5%

Didn't feel like cracking a good beer tonight with my burger while watching the Toledo/Colorado game, so I grabbed a Coors Light that was left over from a party.

A: About as light as you can get. At first glance, pale yellow, but hold it up to the light and it's more clear with a slight yellow tint. Initial pour gives a fluffy head that quickly dissipates.

S: Sour, and not in a good way. Corn, some other indiscernible adjuncts. No hop or malt aroma.

T: The same taste I've experienced so many times playing caps and beer pong at my fraternity house. Mostly water with some mild corn flavor. The warmer it gets, the worse.

M: Thin and watery, tons of carbonation...too much in fact.

D: Well, if there's a "saving grace" of this beer, this is it. It is drinkable in the sense that it is nearly tasteless so that you can drink it quickly and easily.

2.38/5  rDev +18.4%

12oz can (with blue mountains!) into a Duvel tulip - I know, I know, far more than this beer deserves.

A: Well, perhaps I have to blame myself for using my tulip for this, but this is actually pretty good looking (for the style, of course). A brilliant gold body with lively carbonation starts out topped by two inches of surprisingly dense white foam. After a while (much longer than I expected) it settles into a thin cap and ring, with a bit of lace left around the sides. Not bad at all.

S: Ugh. Just ugh. Yuck. Sour, sour, sour. Just the nastiest assault of adjunct crap that you could imagine. No discernible malt or hops, just some gross sour corn. Absolutely one of the worst smelling beers I've ever encountered. Why, God, why?

T: Okay, now this is just water, with maybe a bit of corn juice mixed in. Maybe a bit of yeasty fruit, but absolutely no aftertaste. Very light, smooth, and (dare I say it) cold tasting. I guess when you drink this straight from the can the aroma is a non-issue, and I have to admit that this is a pretty refreshing taste. The sourness of the smell translates into a crispness that works well for such a weak beer.

M: Is there anything thinner than water? If so, then this feels like that. Otherwise, I'd compare the silver bullet to sparkling water with slightly larger bubbles. Not bad for the style, I guess, but in no way pleasing.

D: I really hate to give such a crappy beer any respect at all, but I have to respect the BA system of giving truly separate scores for each attribute. As poor quality as this beer is, it's hard to deny that it's one of the easiest beers in the world to drink (unless you pour it into an oversized tulip glass and have to smell it's unholy stench every time you take a swig). Under normal drinking circumstances, this is about as poundable as it gets.

Notes: I've had more Coors Lights than I care to admit, and it's fun finally to review it. I really think that too many reviewers make up their minds about a beer ahead of time and give low scores across the board, either because they think it's cool to dis an unpopular beer, or maybe because they hate it so much that 1s for aroma and flavor aren't sufficient to give it the minute overall score they think it deserves. I say, give any beer credit where credit is due. As gross as this beer was, it was a great looking brew for its style, and it went down easy. Does that count for nothing? All right, enough ranting.

Cheers!

2.51/5  rDev +24.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

As a college student, Coors is my daily bread as Jesus was to beer. It sucks, the mouthfeel, taste, and smell are horrible. Yet, because i'm in college and I drink this all the time the drinkability is pretty damn good. So damn bubbly, this beer will make you burp all day long. Don't be fooled by their flashy "blue mountains" bullshit. This beer is shit. However, drink Coors light on a hot day and you will think your re-hydrating yourself with pure, natural, spring water. Drink it as a refreshment, nothing else. If you prefer pissy water drink coors piss... if not, PBR, Yuengling, and a lot of other beers are cheaper and much tastier.

2.22/5  rDev +10.4%

Let's face it,everyone has ran across Coors Light once in their beer drinking journey. The mainstay of any college lifestyle, this light beer has become quite popular due to it's flashy advertisements consisting of "blue mountains" and "waves of refreshment". Yet as most of us know, this beer fails to live up to the hype. On to the review....

Poured the 12 oz. "Cold Activated Can" into a pint glass:

A - Off the bat, the first thing I noticed was the extremely translucent straw yellow color and large soda-like head.

S- Smell is faint with notes of soap and corn

T- Watery and fairly bitter with a touch a grain

M- Basically non-existent, like drinking water. Mild carbonation.

D- Basically it's only saving grace as it's an extremely light and mild beer. Sure to please the occasional beer drinking crowd.

Overall nothing special. Just your run of the mill light American lager.

1.97/5  rDev -2%

This is not a good beer. It has the scent, taste, and mouthfeel of carbonated water used to rinse out a beer bottle. That said, of all the cheap, tasteless, mass-produced monstrosities out there, this is the best. Not because of the taste, but because (1) it seems less carbonated than, say, Bud, which means you can drink more, (2) it has less flavor than any other beer, meaning you don't have top suffer (as from, say, MGD), and (3) the skinnier can and blue mountain gimmick are more interesting gimmicks than the other crap that crappy beers pull.

Is anyone really rating this beer objectively? It's tough to!

1.63/5  rDev -18.9%

Poured into a pint glass.

Pours a bright yet pale yellow with a big fat fluffy head due to an aggresive pour. Mostly out of anger since I am forced to pour this swill down my gullet.

Smell is pure adjunct nonsense, I really dont know why people put there nose to this and enjoy it.

Taste is terrible. Grain and malt and fizz. I mean my mountains were blue when I poured it. It supposed to be refreshing but it just made me gag. What the hell is this crap.

Mouthfeel. Water. Lots of bubbles. Water.

Drinkability..psh thats Bud Lights slogan Mr Cold as the Rockies. Negative anyway. Dont drink this unless someone is threataning your life.

2.68/5  rDev +33.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

I got a pitcher with my buddies at a local place called Blue Sky Bar and Grill, but given that you can find the silver bullet anywhere, that doesn't really mean much.

Appearance: Poured with a thumb of head that did not lace whatsoever but did manage to retain about half a finger decently. The body is a clear yellow, that boasts a lot of carbonation.

Smell: Not much to this one, extremely subdued and I'm catching only the fainest whiffs of corn, rice and malt. Given it's a light beer, a faint nose is sort of expected and it's not unpleasant, just boring and generic.

Taste: Well it's not bad, but it is watered down. Starts with a corn flavor with the barest notes of malt. The malt then somewhat asserts itself as you get hints of rice in the background just before ending with a slight bitter wisp at the end. Incredibly boring, and generic in extreme, even for a light beer.

Mouthfeel: The beer doesn't leave an aftertaste and the carbonation is decent at helps the beer a little bit. Also despite being watered down, it doesn't leave your mouth moist. It transitions well, although that is more due to how little there is to transition between.

Drinkability: As expected, the only redeeming quality of this beer is that it can be put back with ease and that it quenches thirst. It's light on the stomach and doesn't cause much in the way of gas. The lack of flavor though leaves quite a bit to be desired.

Final Thoughts: As one of the beers that most BA's love to hate, the silver bullet isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Now I'm not saying I like it, but it's pretty much the standard for the Light Lager style. If you are looking to have a couple with the boys on a hot summer day, but have to drive home then yeah, maybe get Coors Light.

2.88/5  rDev +43.3%

12 oz can poured into a Rock Creek Pale Ale pint glass.

A - Pours clear piss yellow with two fingers of head that dissapates in a few seconds. Lacing? Hahahaha... no.

S - Wow. I don't think I've ever smelled this beer before... it reminds me of a locker room - sweaty cabbage gym sock smell

T - there is suprisingly little taste. I taste a slight maltiness with no other aftertastes. This beer is the closest thing to water that I've ever had. For this reason, it is my favorite of the "light" beers. Great for beirut or any other non BA sanctioned drinking game.

M - nonexistent. It just washes whatever was in your mouth down your throat.

D - Exceptional. You could easily drink six of these and be none the wiser. I'm not saying this is a good beer, but it IS very drinkable, due to its close resemblance to water and minimal aftertaste.

2.45/5  rDev +21.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

There is not much to review here. Standard pour with the classic transparent straw color, mineral and metallic nose along with corn and grain, light in body, very rough around the edges. This is perhaps my worst review I've written, but it gets old reviewing the same shit.

2.38/5  rDev +18.4%

Appearance: Extremely pale translucent yellow with a large soda like head.

Smell: Has a grainy soap-like corn aroma

Taste: Extremely watery, slightly bitter with a mix of selztered grain.

Mouthfeel: Just like that of seltzer water, light on the carbonation.

Drinkability: Surefire crowd pleaser for the college mentality to drinking: light and slammable. In the 'light beer' category its a decent rank but as an overall i'd say only if I was on a budget and counting calories.

2.78/5  rDev +38.3%

Poured from a 12 oz. can. Has a pale straw color with a 1/2 inch head and virtually no carbonation. Smell is of mild corn and malts. Taste is, well, there is none. I guess like beer flavored water. Feels watery in the mouth. O.K. I have to give it to them on drinkability. Great for chugging or drinking games, otherwise avoid.

1.73/5  rDev -13.9%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

8/10/09 or sometime around there. Had at a friends house before going to party. Had to endure a few heckles for writing down a quick review...

A: It's very light golden in color. Kind of run of the mill American light lager.

S: Tough to describe. It smells like faint grain, a little hops, it's coors... almost soapy.

T: Kind of soapy. Bland.

M: Thin and overly carbonated. Let me kind of bloated.

D: Pretty low. I mean if it's this or water, the water has fewer calories. And I don't mean that to bash the beer, it's just that if I'm going to take some calories I want something for it, like flavor. But that didn't me from drinking bathtub size portions of this in college...

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company