Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 4,458 | Reviews: 1,251
2.07/5  rDev +3%

Coors Light is an american macrobrew from Coors Brewinf Company. It is the light version of Coors.

Appearance: Light straw yellow. Almost no head formatio and no lace retention.

Smell: Very little malt aromas, with no hops detected.

Taste: Some maltiness with little bitterness. Some metallic notes.

Mouthfeel: Light and simple. No hop profile, although good carbonation is detectable.

Drinkability: Typical of an american macro. Good for the beach or hot summer days as simple refreshment.

1.55/5  rDev -22.9%

Hmmm...Not really sure what to say about this beer...Appearance was a light buttercup with a distinct amount of haze to it. Very thin head with overly active carbonation. Aroma was weakly of grain. Tasted like light grain in carbonated water....slight (very slight!) hop crispness at the end. Overactive carbonation in the mouth is distracting....

2.15/5  rDev +7%

A: Poured a very pale yellow from the can with a white head that fades quickly.

S: only faint grain aroma no real smell. Not a good thing.

T: No real taste just a very light sweetness.

F: Light body with watery feel but somehow has a clean finish.

D: Very drinkable when very cold. Another backyard-grass cutting-BBQ beer. For best results drink straight from the can. Very sessionable and hard to beat the price. Beer for the masses or mass consumption.

2.37/5  rDev +17.9%

Appearance - This gave off a disappointing head and shown a dim, pissy yellow.

Smell - There's nothing offensive about this grain but really no meat to it at all. Granted this is a LL so is not going to bowl you over with a powerful nose, but I seriously can't smell anything coming out of the glass.

Taste - The flavor was a bit more on the mark. The grain showed a nice spark if maybe a bit on the stale side but overall this was not a bad taste.

Mouthfeel - This was behind the pack. The carbonation was cheap and fizzy like a wine cooler and the thinness of the beer left me wanting. The LLs are of course naturally thin but here the body was like a glass of water.

Sinkability - It has to be pretty damn hot and you gotta be pretty damn thirsty to want to drink twelve ounces of this stuff.

1.72/5  rDev -14.4%

I'm sorry. I drank so many of these today I just had to review it. I had nothing to pour them into so I drank from the can. Upon tapping the rockies I looked inside and I can see straight to the bottom of the can on this beautiful sunny day at Monmouth Racetrack in New Jersey.

Beers like this stump me. They make me feel like my palette and abilities are very amateur because I cannot identify the smells nor the tastes. There is so much carbonation that my mouth just mostly tingles and I can't pick up the tastes in the beer.

As for drinkability, once you get past the taste, you can drink them all day because drinking these babies is like drinking bad tasting alcoholic seltzer.

2.18/5  rDev +8.5%

24 oz. can purchased at the Rays game last night. $9, I usually spend $9 on a nice 750 of Saison, or Imperial this or that, so a bit expensive.

A: It was in a can, I poured a little into my plastic cup, but lets not kid ourselves, the majority of this was consumed directly from the can. What I did pour was a very light yellow with aggressive carbonation bubbles.

A: Corn, water, adjuncts. Ya know.

T: Watery malted barley, light corn, and bubbles.

M: Light.

D: Hey, I was at a ball game having a good time with my pops. There is a time and place for every beer, and last night it was time for a tall boy of Coors Light! Skal.

2.33/5  rDev +15.9%

355ml can poured into pint glass May25 2010

A a clear very light straw yellow very little color in this one to go along with a fast falling fingers worth of head that left no lace

S maybe a little honey and faint hops

T the flavors not offensive because there's practically no flavor at all

M as thin as a beer can get but it has enough carbonation to give it something

D much like water this is easy too drink but also easy too forget

very little going on here, where ever you are there's better beers to drink

1.84/5  rDev -8.5%

A very pale yellow with a white head that disappears as soon as it's formed. Aroma is a surprisingly vinous sweetness. Taste is basically a watery malt sweetness. Very high carbonation leaves a tingling sensation.

I haven't had one of these in a long time and it wasn't as bad as I expected. I even kind of liked the smell , even though it didn't smell like a beer. It's certainly not anything I would ever drink again because there's really no taste to it but it's not awful and I can see why some people like it. It's sweet and alcoholic and as easy to drink as soda.

2.53/5  rDev +25.9%

Ok, so let's talk about Coors Light.

This is about as light a beer as you can find both taste and drinkability-wise. A six pack can disappear in a hurry on a hot Summer day.

While I'm not a fan of thise beer, I have consumed a lot of it over the years during the warm months. At a BBQ or down the shore---its an easy choice and drinks like water.

As my cousin says, "Coors Lt, the one beer to have when you are having 30." Also, doesn't get you hammered --- can drink these all day.

Taste is not offensive as there really isn't much. Carbonation is high---I mean, not much else to say. It is what it is.
Reach for the Rockies!

2.68/5  rDev +33.3%

Silver bullet can into a generic american beer glass.

Pours golden straw yellow/gold. small head. Grassy slight hop aroma.

Drinks watery with almost no hop characteristic. Kind of metallic flavor in there.

Lots of carb so it burns on the way down.

Perhaps its a residual habit from all the pounding of this beer that I did in my college days, but it goes down fast and in large gulps. I realized that all these years I was bypassing my palate when I drink this stuff. Almost like doing shots.

Definitely not what I have come to know as good beer, but passable as a, "get drunk on the deck" kind of brew. After the first few gulps, its almost like drinking ice water on autopilot.

I would not buy this while at the beer store, but if there is nothing else in the cooler on a hot day...

2.6/5  rDev +29.4%

Doing a review of the good old silver bullet. Went to the gas station and bout a 24 oz can. The mountains on the can are blue so I guess it's cold enough for me to drink...

This beer has an extremely light and pale color. And the head vanishes really fast. It does not have a corn or grain smell. It smells like water with a faint trace of hops. It does not really have a whole lot of taste. It tastes like water and it feels like seltzer water in the mouth. It's very easy to drink due to it's watery composition.

Don't buy this beer if you are seeking a flavorful beer. coors Light is really good for one thing and one thing only. Getting people intoxicated quickly. Coors Light is probably one of the easiest beers to drink, so that's why it's so popular in colleges I guess. I'm sure any one who went to college has drank a serious amount of Coors Light.

2.35/5  rDev +16.9%

A beer haiku for you--

"Drinkable? Of course,
Zero personality:
Beer all too common"

At the risk of being labeled unfairly elitist, just sampled one of the neighbor's in his cooler. Colorado Koolaid--could consume many without consequence other than profound regret. A great example of our country's willingness to settle for mass market appeal. Come on, ride the train....

Cheers!

1.2/5  rDev -40.3%

Endless beer pong sessions.

a - Very clear and very pale. Looks like stained mineral water.

s - Almost has a metallic smell, but not really any strong aroma to speak of.

t - Crisp with a bit of bitterness. Just doesn't really do anything that my taste buds can detect.

m - Very thin with a lot of carbonation.

d - The one area where I rise above a 1.0 for this beer. Its competition beer. Good for chugging and punishment for losing. In that sense, you can drink and drink and drink and...

2.12/5  rDev +5.5%

A - Very pale golden color with a white head that dissolves quickly.

S - A very clean smell with a very small hint of malt.

T - Tastes like carbonated water with a bit of malt and a slight sweetnedd.

M - Very light mouthfeel. It disappears almost as soon as you swallow.

D - This is this beer's strongest suit. It's very refreshing because as Eric Idle once said, it's like having sex in a canoe. It's f--- close to water.

1.88/5  rDev -6.5%

I poured from my cold activated can into my Coors Light cold activated glass. The mountains are blue so I know that it is cold enough for me to drink. I got a white, fluffy head. Then it was gone. This libation is straw colored and clear. I almost have to use my imagination to get any smell or taste from this one. I get a slight bready smell. The taste is fleeting. I get something but it is gone before my brain can process it. This beer is the closest you will ever get to water besides drinking water. I used to make fun of this tasteless beer in my Busch drinking days. I guess it's good for when your not in the mood for a beer but want water with a 4.2 ABV.

2.06/5  rDev +2.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Poured from a 12oz can into a pilsener glass.

Appearance is a very pale gold color, lots or rising bubbles, and a large white foamy head that dissipates after a few minutes.

Smell is nothing more than some grain, as others say, nothing offensive about it, but nothing there really.

Taste is unoffensive, but quite bland and boring. Not much but some grain and an almost undetectable hop bitterness near the end.

Mouthfeel is light bodied bordering thing with plenty of carbonation.

Drinkability is nothing special. Probably the only good quality would be the fact that it goes down easy and leaves nothing behind. Nothing for flavor in this beer for sure, but I could see why someone would want it for something cheap on a hot day. But I would certainly rather have something else.

1.87/5  rDev -7%

Appearance: Pours a very light gold, with heavy snow white head.

Smell: What smell? I just smelt a bitter, slightly sweet smell.

Taste: Very week hop, it is crisp.

I will never pay money for this beer again.
I will drink it if it was the only beer in my presence.

1.94/5  rDev -3.5%

Clearly marked freshness date on the bottle. This is the 3.2 ABW (4.0% ABV).

Ultra-light straw colored with an inch of pure white foam that hangs for the whole session. A MASSIVE cascading of bubbles is noted rising to the surface.

Light graininess competes with the carbonation bite for the dominant flavor, if one can even call it that. Nothing else to speak of other than a super-dry, clean finish that is comparable to water.

The one desirable characteristic of this beer is it's head, however I'm pretty sure it's persistence is due to one or more chemicals.

1.4/5  rDev -30.3%

yellow!no head!hardly any smell,and tastes like water!cant beleive how popular this beer is,must be all the people who want to drink beer but dont really like the taste of beer.dont think i would drink this unless it was the only thing available,although i bet you could drink a case without catching a buzz!

2.1/5  rDev +4.5%

Poured from a 12 oz bottle.

A: Light yellow, barely any head, dissipates fast.
S: Sweet grains.
T: Did I mention sweet grains?
M: Thin and watery
D: Did I mention thin and watery? Drinkability is solid in the sense that I can drink 10 or 12 during a night of competitive beer pong.

3.04/5  rDev +51.2%

One of my favorite jokes is; Coors Light is like having sex in a canoe, it's f%#$ing near water.

I can notice the difference between this and beers like Miller Lite right away. I will only have Coors Light when I'm having more than 6 beers in a day/night. The color is so light, there's hardly any head, it's just weak. Not to mention they make such a big deal about frost brewed, and blue mountains, and other silly marketing ideas. Does anyone really want a train bringing snow when they open a beer?

2.21/5  rDev +10%

Served to me in a bottle for free while playing a show in a small bar. It was either this, Bud Light, or Miller Golden Draft (I have a strong dislike for the other two).

No appearance review, it was kept in the bottle. The smell was like corn grains, straw, and grass.

Watery, mildly carbonated, grainy grassy taste. Mild skunk and easy to swish down the hatch. Very refreshing but really has nothing to offer.

I would probably never buy this beer unless I had no other choice. I'd take it again for free if there was seriously no other good choices (like in this case).

Many, many better light lagers out there (Grain Belt, Rolling Rock, Bud 55, Michelob Ultra). Avoid.

2.73/5  rDev +35.8%

Appearance: Basically the same as Bud Light, but flatter.

Smell: Not skunked so that's good. Kind of refreshing and grainy. Pretty watery though.

Taste/Mouthfeel: Watery but smooth and pretty refreshing, especially when compared to Bud Light.

Drinkability: Refreshing when very cold, which it stays like for a while compared to the Keystone variety.

Overall: College students! Pay the extra few bucks and get something refreshing like this. Coors Light is the most neutral of the light macros, and thereofore the least offensive for many.

1.79/5  rDev -10.9%

A - I don't know how this could get any worse. Yellow fizzy beer, no head retention at all, no lacing.

S - Corn and adjunct, but nothing totally offensive.

T - Some creamed corn, but mostly flavorless.

M - Water-like thin body, high carbonation, rough across the palate, sticky.

O - You can definitely drink a lot of these with the light body, but what's the point?

1.91/5  rDev -5%

Whew... This one was rough...

This is one of those brews that's better from the bottle or can...

Arrives a light golden with a 1/16 inch head... No carbonation at all seemingly...

Very musty aromas of grain and something metallic... Dirty tap lines? At any rate, this one is rough... Not appealing at all..

Again, rough in this dept.. Very skunky and grainy with a strong metallic aftertaste... Others around me are chugging this but I'm having troubles...

Not one I'll have again for sure...

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company