Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
3.23/5  rDev +60.7%

Nothing I can say we don't all already know. It's a cheap American beer produced for the masses. I actually like this beer and if I'm drinking bmc and am going the light route this is my preference. A solid beer when holding a party or football related event.

1.4/5  rDev -30.3%

Will try to be objective about this one while refraining from the college frat party references.

A- Pale yellow lager with a wimpy insipid head which hung around for a while.

S - Nothing attractive here - maybe a soapy dishwater aroma.

T - I have had flavored club sodas with more taste than this one. Tastes more like the container than anything else. Maybe a little quinine or a slight grassy vegetal taste.

M - Thin, light bodied and no finish or aftertaste to speak of --which is in this case is not a bad thing.

D - Couldn't get through this one as I poured half of the bottle down the drain. Pass.

1.75/5  rDev -12.9%

Pours a pale yellow with a thin white head. Nothing much in the aroma, same thing can be said about the taste. Barely any flavor, maybe some sweet grain here and there, but that's about it. Pretty much like water mixed with hops. Easy to drink a bunch of these since it's like water. Stable college party beer, but that's about it.

1.68/5  rDev -16.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

A: Pours perfectly clear, with an extremely faint yellow color. The white head is initially rather tall, with a foamy, patchy texture. Retention is so-so, although I've seen much worse from a light macro. A modicum of lacing sticks to the glass.

S: A whiff of graininess accompanied by some mild cooked veggie notes. Some floral/herbal hop hints, along with some metallic, vaguely sourish aromas.

T: A flash of grain husks along with cooked vegetable and herbal flavor. A bit metallic. Quite watery overall.

M: Obviously light. Carbonation is surprisingly (and disappointingly) light as well, lending to a slightly flat watery character that certainly doesn't redeem any of its other flaws.

D: Of the big three macro light beers, Coors is definitely my least preferred option. Bud Light, while insipid, at least manages to be somewhat crisp and refreshing. This can't even really manage that. Reasonably inoffensive, but there's just no reason to bother. If you can't get beyond light beers, at least drink Miller Lite instead.

1.17/5  rDev -41.8%

WOOHOO SILVER BULLET I am convinced this shit could kill a vampire! Heres We Goes!

Appearance: Pours a slight white fizzy head that quickly retreats to not even a slick cap no lacing what so ever, Pissy yellow with alot of bubbles breaking the surface.

Smell: Metal and corn and a slight urine smell. Maybe a little malt some where.

Taste: What taste? I am trying to pick up a anything notable. I taste corn and a strange metallic after taste.

Mouthfeel: very fizzy and thin.

Drinkability: You think this beer would get a gold star here. But yeah it doesn't. Even though it is a light watery tasteless lager I can't seee myself drinking more than one or two because A. It is not good tasting and B. If I drink a couple of these I am bound to spend every 15 minutes taking a piss.

BOTTOM LINE! Only drink this if you are handed one. The only reason I did this review is because my room mate's brother bought a 12pk and didn't even finish half before he left so my room mate was like oh go ahead because she definately wouldn't touch them. The funny thing is this is my Step Sisters favorite beer but when she had it was bottles which was slightly better but only slightly!

2.1/5  rDev +4.5%

(a) Pours with next to no head at all, no lacing, little carbonation, so clear I can see its soul. (2/5)

(s) Not much of anything here...really just smells like every party I've ever been to in my life. (2/5)

(t) Empty, instant sting on the palete and then nothing else. (2/5)

(m) Did I mistake my buddies glass of piss for my silver bullet? Nah... (1/5)

(d) Drinkability is defined by usuage. If your looking for the cheapest beer to forget about her then this is the one. Drinking for quality...pass it up. Could finish a case of 24 if you wanted to...but who does? (3/5)

2.03/5  rDev +1%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

The can has so many gimmicks to encourage a person to keep it in the can and avoid seeing what he's drinking. I was able to ignore temptation, though. Poured from the vented-wide-mouthed, cold-activated, Frost-Brew-lined can, this one has a crystal-clear, palest golden color and a quickly-vanishing white head. The aroma is more like rice than it is like beer, but it easily reminds a person of the aroma in the dorm common room early on a Sunday morning, plastic cups from a long-abandoned beer pong game still sitting on a table.

I've spent so much time learning to describe complex craft beers, I don't know how to even describe the flavor. Maybe it's because there is very little to identify, only a metallic graininess. But this one is build for speed rather than comfort, with the light body and high carbonation making this as much of an easy-to-drink thirst-quencher as a beer can be. There's a reason you play flip-cup with Coors Light instead of Hopslam. This beer is what it is, a mega-pale light lager, and I won't fault it for that.

1.58/5  rDev -21.4%

This is a beer of my father's left in my fridge since last Summer.

Poured into a shaker pint glass. Two finger head formed of extremely large bubbles that dissipated very quickly. Very pale yellow color. Very clear with nice visible carbonation.

Aroma is pretty much non-existent except a slight corn aroma.
Taste is weak and a mess. There's something skunky, nasty about this that's kind of hard to stomach. A vague medicinal character that's subtly in the background. Really unpleasant. Can't imagine what I'll do with the few that are left in the fridge.

Mouthfeel is a bit fuller than I expected for the style. Not good, but not as I awful as I thought it would be. No drinkability though. Hard to finish.

2.11/5  rDev +5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Coors light. The Silver bullet. So named because drinking this beer is about as pleasurable as being shot in the face. Ok, maybe that's a bit dramatic, but it ain't good.

Coors light is the lowest of the low in the category of adjunct lager. It is so hard to believe that these same people brew Blue Moon, a decent wheat beer.

The color is the clearest and lightest yellow possible. The color is discernable but I think Mountain Dew has more character.

The flavor is so lackluster it is almost covered completely by the high carbonation. If you drink it from a can it tastes more like tin than like beer. Tastes like some malt syrup mixed with some hop substitute and then watered down with gallons and gallons of cold rocky mountain water. Then they threw in a seltzer tablet.

This beer isn't for anyone but if you don't really care for beer, at least you can drink this and it wont have much "beer" taste. It is also a good beer when spilling it is a high risk, for example at a concert, or while playing beer pong. Don't sit down with this stuff.

1.53/5  rDev -23.9%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

This beer pours a see thru amber colour with average carbonation that leaves a fast vanishing one finger head and no lacing,the aroma is grains and malts and not much else very little hop aroma here if any,it has a light mouthfeel which is very macro and well carbonated but not well flavoured at all with average tastes of grains,malt and liquid hops,this beer is definately macro and would not buy or drink again if offered,there is too many other good brews out there to have to settle for this.

1.15/5  rDev -42.8%

Poured directly from the keg nozzle into my mouth while I was suspended upside down, supported by two sweaty fraternity brothers counting aloud the number of seconds I was in this precarious position. Apparently this is referred to as 'the kegstand.'

As this was a challenging orientation to adequately review the beer, I opted for a foamy pour into a red plastic cup.

Due to the opacity of my stemware and poor lighting in this guy's backyard, I can only judge the beer's color by the stains on my shirt from the kegstand and the puddles of beer-vomit on the cement. Likely a horrid Mountain Dew color or a vile urine-like hue.

Again, my sense of smell has been dulled by the multiple partygoers' urinating on the fence and the overwhelming scent of Axe Bodyspray--though these odors may be emanating from the beer.

Sweaty and tired from bump 'n' grindin' in the living room, this mineral water-like beer proved to be an excellent post-dance hydrator, albeit a metallic one. Kinda like decaf coffee, only more pointless.

With beer pong skills as limited as mine, this yellow fizz better be drinkable. It turns out it's not, but the two dozen or so consumed leads me to think otherwise.

I look forward to my next brobeer tasting research.

2.28/5  rDev +13.4%

This is one of my least favorite beers I have ever tasted, which is strange because Coors Original is one of my favorite cheap brews. This basically tastes like horrible water, if there is even such a thing. Should not even be considered a beer at all... give me anything other than this and I'm sure i'll be happy.

A - Slightly dehydrated piss yellow
S - Metallic water
T - Sparkling water with a metallic aftertaste. Tastes very very cheap. Low quality ingredients added sparingly.
M - No body, Heavily carbonated like a soda.
D - Water is fairly easy to get down. At 4.2 percent... I'll take a stone levitation ale please.

1.4/5  rDev -30.3%

Appearence - Very light straw yellow color with quite a bit of carbonation visible.

Aroma - This beer smells like corn and other non hoppy aromas that are unappealing.

Mouthfeel - Coors light carbonation is the only thing that makes this beer semi-drinkable for meh light bubbly mouthfeel.

Taste - coors light tastes like it smells like corn and other nuclear waste products.

Drinkability - not a very good session beer unless you have nothing else or are looking for a cheap fix then this isnt for you.

1.37/5  rDev -31.8%

The moutains are blue and my beer is as cold as the Rockies. I'm following up a 2008 Abyss with this 2009 gem, which expires on March 8th 2010.

The beer pours like water, literally. With even the smallest light behind the pour, the liquid stream is entirely clear. Only after the beer takes shape in the glass do you recognize the slightest shade of gold, and as little bubbles continue to surface from the depths, the white head has disappeared forever, without a trace. The smell is of adjuct lager. Super-grainy and not much else. No sign of hops to be found. A slight fruit sweetness that if not present would condemn the smell of this beer to "ass" status gives it the extra .5 in the rating for aroma.

Good Lord what have I subjected my mouth to? I don't know if I can even describe these flavors beyond "artificial". grains, and again a hint of sweetness, but no hops to be found here either. Watery, airy, disgusting. Yuck. As cold as it is, I was hoping I wouldn't be able to taste it... Unfortunately I was wrong.

Mouthfeel is super light and super carbonated. Gross as everywhere else. Drinkability amounts to a drain pour, although I have been known to shotgun these when I get wasted, so I have to give it a little credit here.

2.12/5  rDev +5.5%

Served pretty cold but the mountains weren't blue so I hope I'm still allowed to review this...
A- Straw yellow with plenty of bubbles rising.Thin white head left only an uneven ring.
S- Smells better than I thought. Lights hops while there still is head. Then once the head is gone, grain and alcohol. Adjunct (corn maybe) smell isn't overpowering.
T- Maple water. Grain overall. Tiniest hop background. Light malt.
M- Highly carbonated with small bubbles but has a flat mouthfeel. Pretty strange.
D- I find this a little sickening. But it's so watery and the adjunct/chemical taste isn't unbearable so I feel I could drink a 24 case.
I think this beer is a waste of money.

3.65/5  rDev +81.6%

i think coors light is one of the better light macro beers out there so i am judging this purely on the category it's in. when i'm out with the boys on a saturday night and i've had quite a few 'good' beers, i am definately reaching for a few of these to finish the night.

1.56/5  rDev -22.4%

Very pale in color with a little champagne like head from the carbonation.

Nothing to smell really. Some light hops and malt.

I could taste the water more than the hops and malts.

Has a carbonation feel that is very very light.

These are drinkable but I highly avoid it.

1.7/5  rDev -15.4%

12oz. can

Clear bright yellow with too much carbonation. A white head that disappears almost instantly. Can't quite describe the smell due to the almost total lack of one. . . The taste is not much more of an impact watery, slightly sweet grainy/metallic flavor? Not quite sure what to call it. Overall, nothing impressive about this beer.

1.11/5  rDev -44.8%

on tap ad yd tap room, pitcher into pint.

the beer was a light piss yellow and had a bounty of thick white head. the only thing that is keeping the score from a bottom barrel zero is the quantity of the head. the smell was of light corn and metal. th taste was of light corn and carbonation. it is just a watery, super cold, corn bath.

3.4/5  rDev +69.2%

Coors Light isn't getting much love from BA. It isn't an elite beer, but it isn't a bad choice if you want to have a few ice cold, refreshing beers. It's also a very affordable option if you're low on cash, a better choice than the other cheap light beers. Don't be afraid to take a ride on the Silver Bullet.

3.12/5  rDev +55.2%

Appearance: Nothing special. Pale yellow color with white, quickly disappearing head. If you drink it straight out of the bottle though, it doesn't matter.

Smell: Not much of a scent to speak of. I didn't give it a 1 b/c it doesn't have a bad scent, but smell is not something you focus on when you drink a Coors Light.

Taste: You can't taste that much in the way of hops or malt, but it's very refreshing when served cold. Slightly metallic tasting with a decent bite to it. I prefer this beer's taste to it's competitors.

Mouthfeel: It's highly carbonated, so it feels a lot like soda, which I happen to enjoy the feel of.

Drinkability: I like to have carbonation in my beer, so I find this beer to be pretty drinkable.

Overall, I'm a fan of Coors Light. I do not care how it looks or how it smells. It's a cheap, light beer that actually has some taste and a nice bite to it when it's drank straight out of the bottle, so I continue to drink it. I'd say that it's the worst beer that I drink regularly, but I still drink it regularly, which is more than I can say about any other American light lager.

1.03/5  rDev -48.8%

A. the only reason i gave it a 1.5 cause it comes in a Cold Activated Bottle/Can which is pretty cool, but other then that its nothing special.

S. There is Absolutly no aroma to this beer.

T. Basically its water with 4.2% alcohol in it

M. its just really wet in you're mouth

D. make sure that you are already drunk before you drink it cause then you won't taste it going down

2.08/5  rDev +3.5%

I have a tough time reviewing these light lagers because I honestly can't discern between them. This tastes and smells pretty much like miller and bud. I'd have to do side by side for all of them to pick out any differences. I don't understand how the ratings are that much different, unless everyone does side by sides.

2.2/5  rDev +9.5%

Poured into a pilsner style glass. First I don't drink this, wouldn't get caught dead with it out of princpal but keep some on hand for friends (hey I try to be a good host). Makes a loud fizzy noise when poured. Head disappears into a slight film quickly. Clear pale yellow color. Sorry I take a swig and get nothing. As much flavor as seltzer water. I can't believe I have friends that enjoy this.

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company