Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,215 | Hads: 4,742
1.41/5  rDev -30.9%
look: 1.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

Very clear straw color with a poor head. Dull.
Faint aromas of grains and light caramel with floral hops. Slight fruitiness.
Faint but overwhelming taste of corn. Too bitter.
Light body with ok carbonation, drying alcohol aftertaste.
Barely drinkable and stale boring beer with no freshness.

2.58/5  rDev +26.5%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

Tastes like fresh spring water mixed with a tiny bit of beer. This is a great beer anytime You need to tie one on and quench your thirst such as, after hockey or while installing a privacy fence. Coors Lite tastes great on lips of a young grad student at karaoke night. Serve at your next couples dinner to prove the point that your not interested in a lot of discussion, just gettin smashed.

1.52/5  rDev -25.5%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.25

looks as bad as they get, piss yellow with no head

smells decent for what it is actually

tastes like the usual watery, alcoholic light beer

mouthfeel is best attribute

overall 1.25 the best cheap terrible beer

3.38/5  rDev +65.7%

On first sip I taste the pure a natural taste of The Rockies.. This is great!... Cold, refreshing, tastes great. As I continue to drink I think I understated my first statement and blasphemed the true king of light beers. Seriously though it's a good light beer for what it is.

2.41/5  rDev +18.1%

OK. A recent visitor left some of this behind. It had been years since I had one. In fact, I can't remember when I last had one as I've never been a fan of light beer. When I was young and light beers were making their first appearances, I remember a remark by a local brewer who said: If you want a light beer just throw an ice cube in a regular beer. Enough with the excuses and on to the review.
Look: poured from a can into a pint glass. Yellow gold with a thin white head that dissipated quickly.
Smell: Very faint aroma.
Taste: There is very little taste here. Nothing offensive just nothing to remember. It isn't water but it isn't far removed.
Feel: Nothing to feel.
Overall: I'm glad I didn't pay for this and I can't ever see buying it in the future. I took two or three swallows and confined the rest of it to the sink. I really wish I had had a beer with my lunch.

3.88/5  rDev +90.2%
look: 2 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Pours a nice golden color with thick head that quickly diminishes to less than a lace. Slightl less corn adjunct aroma than most and I sense a little malt. Surprised on the flavor, way more than most adjunct lagers, let all light her beers. Sense a little hops also. By far the best light beer I've had.

2.44/5  rDev +19.6%

I think some of the reviewers are overreacting about it tasting bad. Its a little tasteless and watery but its not horrible. Main reason i don't like it is because it gives me horrible heartburn some reason. Maybe the high carbonation.

2.25/5  rDev +10.3%

Experienced in : US
Appealing to me : being "light"
Less appealing to me : taste; good to take only when really cold

I will not drink this beer unless there are no other choices.

1.5/5  rDev -26.5%

Tastes like ice water with just the faintest hint of corn. Smells similar. Looks like watered down piss. Feel, water again. Overall is this beer or water, can't really tell?

3.75/5  rDev +83.8%

Probably one of the best cheap beers that come in a 36 pack that you can get. Crisp and light with endless gmo's that you would expect to come in acheaply mass produced American lager. makes me wanna watch those Coors light and ice cube commercials over and over again.

Serving Type: 341 "Rocky Mountain Certified" Bottle

A- Pours a clear, golden straw colour with 0 head. Not the most attractive beer but its quite a common sight among the adjunct lagers.

S- Very sweet, fruity aroma. Nothing about the aroma gives away the fact that this is a beer. Strikingly sweet.

T- Sweet taste. Bananas, a little lemon. Malty notes that remind me of wet bread. Nothing to overjoying to be had here.

M- Like many adjuncts, the carbonation is extremely high. Reminiscent of a soft drink. Weak body, quite close to that of water.

O- Coors Light is great for what its supposed to be; a light, practically tasteless lager. Don't fool yourself...Coors Light isn't trying to impress anyone. Its an easy drinking, non-offensive beer that practically anyone can "enjoy". While I wouldn't go out on a limb to buy this beer for myself, I certainly wouldn't turn one down if offered one ;).

The silver can adds to the appeal of this cheap light bear. It tastes of a chilled but lightly rusted bucket.
As a young child I remember watching The Goonies. I recall the scene where the children were served water by the villains, water with a pale rust color. I am about 90% sure that was Coors light.
I buy it from time to time; simply because it is cheap and works well for my pretend diet, as it is a "light" beer.

1.5/5  rDev -26.5%

Appearance: Almost clear. Two-finger head fades just like pop.
Smell: Slight hint of corn and that's it.
Taste: Horrible corn astringency only slightly hidden by the wateriness. Very little malt flavour, if any. Must be ice cold to be drinkable. Aggressive carbonation is present, but still cannot mask the horrible flavour.
Overall: As "light" as they come, but absolutely dreadful. Do yourself a favour and drink vodka with some water because that would taste way better.

1.25/5  rDev -38.7%

When the mountains are blue, it's time to party. That's what my ass says to the toilet before the beer shit explosion speckles my porcelain like a robin's egg. Seriously, my Clorox resigned and hit the road when it saw the damage. Thanks, Coors. My cleaning products would rather stand shivering in the cold waiting for bread rations than deal with the plague you placed upon my colon.

2.44/5  rDev +19.6%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

Bottle: a standard 355mL brown bottle with an equally standard silver macro label. Looks fine.

Appearance: pours out a light yellow with chunky carbonation across the profile. A puffy white head pops up and fluffs away to nothing. Virtually no lacing. Looks a bit... cheap.

Aroma: smells of grains and cereals, without any hint of hops. A pretty standard cheap mid-strength American Adjunct.

Taste: again with the standard, cheap cereals and grain. Not particularly brilliant.

Aftertaste: not much there - the flavours drop away pretty quickly.

Mouth feel: a light body with a higher carbonation. Pretty standard stuff for a lager.

Overall: so I've finally had Coors. I heard it was dreadful and have to admit that I didn't find it all that bad. The problem is that there are plenty of other mid-strength lagers for an equivalent price (AU$40 per case of 24 x 355ml), that are of far better quality. I'll just take a Carlton Mid, thanks all the same.

2.25/5  rDev +10.3%

The beer looks like water with a tinge of yellow. There is a faint malt aroma and malt taste with some corn mixed in. No hop presence. Though there isn't anything offensive here, there is virtually no taste.

2.5/5  rDev +22.5%

A: Pretty well-carbonated, but head dissipates almost immediately, very light blonde color, almost clear (2/3)
S: Light malty and alcohol aromas, maybe a little like watered-down champagne (6/12)
T: Very light fruity flavor in beginning turns into a bready middle with a little bit of sweetness--not too much flavor at all. Bread sticks with you for longer than is comfortable, I think. Becomes a kind of salty mess. (9/20)
M: Medium bubbliness and just a little bit of dryness on the finish (3/5)
O: If it’s really hot outside, I guess this beer makes a lot of sense. It was my go-to cheap beer in college, but I think it’s generally lacking in bitterness, hop character, and anything besides bread for malt. (5/10)

The beer of my youth. Metallica drank this back when they were broke teenagers therefore I had to drink it too. It's terrible beer but it will get you drunk without draining your wallet.

3.5/5  rDev +71.6%

A lot of people on here are going to hate on this beer, but for me I like Coors light for what it is. It does not try to be different or interesting in anyway, But if I'm going to drink a wheelbarrow of it like god intended its the best for that in my opinion. So on to its taste, This is the hardest part for me it taste like water with beer flavoring, kind of like beef flavored Ramen, tastes nothing like beef but has a hind of beef flavor to it. But at the same time I have no idea why I like or keep buying maybe its the marketing, maybe its the fact that I've drank so much Pabst at this point that if I drink anymore I'll go into shock and start foaming from the mouth. but most of all its the best of the worst in my mind, bud is for Necks and southerners, and miller, I have no idea who drinks that shit other then hipsters. But for the rest of us at a sporting event or really anywhere that you need to drink 5 beers in 45 mins Coors is the beer of choice. here to Coors and here's to 'Merica!!!!

1.8/5  rDev -11.8%

I was drinking at B-Dubs and decided to finish the night with something cheap and light (I don't have a lot of money being a law student). Don't fault me for trying this, beer gods. Here goes:

A: Yellow with a small head that dissipates immediately. Leaves no lacing. Carbonation is apparent.

S: Some "high country barley," I guess, but this gives way to corn starch. Corn and alcohol are the only two scents I detect really...

T: Lightly-kilned barley giving way to corn starch and alcohol. A smattering of Bavarian hops, but these are barely present.

F: Carbonated, no thickness - just like water.

O: Just...bad. Avoid it if you can.

2.29/5  rDev +12.3%

Admittedly one of my favorite light beers. It's refreshing and kind, and still has a light hint of the original Banquet style Coors.

Serving style : 12 oz slender can poured into pilsner glass

Appearance (2) : bubbly white foamy two finger head. Recedes rapidly and leaves no lace.

Smell (2) : dirty corn, faint yeast, tin, lemon lime soda, with a slight freshness behind it.

Taste (3) : yeast and corn mash, fresh veggie, crisp water, ends with corn kernel and a little lime or apple. It's easy drinking. Very crisp.

Mouthfeel (2.5) : carbonated, poppy, crisp.

Overall (2.29) : I do keep this on hand in my fridge from time to time. Awhile back I logged on and reviewed Keystone Light on its own merit and reflected against this beer, because rumor has it it's the same recipe from the same brewer but a little more stale. I can confirm that they taste similar - but Coors light has a bite, crispness, and fresh taste that Keystone lacks. I think it's the difference between a crisp apple and one left out for a day. Keystone compounds that lack of crispness with adding extra smoothness so it's in fact the opposite mouthfeel of Coors light. I like it better than Keystone. As for whether its worth the extra price, well, I don't know. I do know I'd reach for this over keystone light in an ice cooler. It's the superior product. Better than bud light, not as good as miller lite. So there you have it.

I enjoy this brew. Its the only thing i have bought with my own money as far as alcohol. My friend introduced me to the silver bullet one day. I thought it was a bit stronger than bud light. At this point, I was kind of wanting to try stronger beers. So it was a refreshing change, while still being inoffensive. Now, i drank it today after having some the other day. It has no flavor to speak of. Its kind of sweet though. Its nothing really memorable. Poured into glass gently so there would be no foam. The foam really makes me sick to my stomach. So light beer is really good because of that. pale golden liquid. Never actually seen it out of the bottle till today. Its smell is kind of sweet. Its inoffensive. I can't really taste anything other than a slight beer taste. Very forgettable. Its good for me to drink when i get thirsty. I would buy it again. Best beer I drink all the time

2.5/5  rDev +22.5%

In comparison to stuff that i recently tried, being corona and founders and things of that sort, this is not as good. But for the category its still a little bit worse than miller lite. I mean coors is good for when im thirsty. I wouldn't turn one of these down ice cold on a hot day.

Poured from a 12 ounce bottle into a Shaker pint glass, "best by" date on bottle 10-27-14.

APPEARANCE: pours a clear, pale, light yellow color with less than one finger white head that dissipated quickly leaving a ring of small bubbles around the glass, there was almost no lacing on the glass, medium carbonation.

SMELL: flowery and sweet, not much else that I can detect.

TASTE: there is not much going on here, I can barely say this tastes like beer, some banana, almost no hop profile, in a word.....bland.

PALATE: it's fizzy, finishes dry and clean, light body.

OVERALL: Must remember to "respect beer" at this moment. This is a beer that would appeal to people on a diet who want to drink beer but do not necessarily like beer. It has a bland, weak taste that is in no way appealing to me.....at all. If you are fat and don't really like beer but just want to "fit in" then this is your beer.

1.5/5  rDev -26.5%

Pours a pale, almost clear yellow with no head to speak of. The smell is metallic but with hints of fruit and even a little hop. The taste had a lot of rice in it, and then a touch of sweetness on the end. Very faint flavors.

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company