1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors LightCoors Light

awful

awful

rAvg: 2

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
Ratings: 3,356 | Reviews: 1,114 | Show All Ratings:
ValpoExpo

2.5/5  rDev +25%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Has been my "Go-To" domestic beer for quite a few years. As long as the mountains are blue this beer will quench your thirst better than any of the other Macrobrew light options. Also, when Sam Eliot does the voiceover for you commercials you can't go wrong.

06-13-2013 20:52:38 | More by ValpoExpo
ThrewRedButter

Pretty much the worst beer ever. I used to be into bottom shelf adjunct lagers and such, but now I can really appreciate the taste of a real beer. On a hot day, after an honest day's work, I'd rather drink anything else but this. It will slow down your tastebuds to the point of cardiac arrest. Great from the beach (because it tastes like a mouthful of sand and salt water) to the slopes (because after having one, your day just goes downhill). Just thinking about it makes me vomit.

06-13-2013 01:35:51 | More by ThrewRedButter
Sparkyinsurf

3.01/5  rDev +50.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 3.5

I came to this websight to check out if there was any info with regards to the making of the mass produced bud,miller,coors light. I found nothing relevant. It is interesting that everyone is comparing the silver bullet to their best pilsners. Give me break, this is a go to beer when it's hotter than hell and I find it to be the best of the three lights. I swear I can taste banana oil, hmmm?

Anyway this is the beer I use to clean my pallet between tasting of my home brew. Kind of like ginger between a sushi roll.

06-01-2013 19:20:20 | More by Sparkyinsurf
Olek4374

Alberta (Canada)

1.96/5  rDev -2%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 1.75

I guess I should note this is the Canadian version of Coors Light.

Last can of my old 8 pack. Poured into... who really cares. Colour is very pale yellow and it has that strong corney smell of a bad adjunct lager. Head is weak and dissipates rapidly.

Taste is weaker than diet coke, which I guess is fine if you want to get a buzz, but there are stronger adjunct lagers with better tastes out there. Mouthfeel is faint carbonation and really no lingering aftertaste whatsoever. Yeah, it's not very good.

05-30-2013 08:09:01 | More by Olek4374
gtp537

Wisconsin

2.03/5  rDev +1.5%

For what it is, it is refreshing, light, and without any negative attributes. I just would not say that it has any stand out ones either. Very light in color, nominal aroma, water/corn-esque flavor, and does not linger long on the pallet. But those mountains sure were blue!

05-29-2013 01:37:42 | More by gtp537
Alextricity

2.25/5  rDev +12.5%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Had one straight out of the can after 3+ hours of playing baseball... THE MOUNTAINS WERE "SUPER COLD"!

Appearance: Looking into the can, a crystal clear, pale piss color... about what you'd expect. As a side note, why does a macro with this appearance get described as looking like "PISS", but a craft beer would be said to be, "a BEAUTIFUL golden color"? Just a thought.

Smell: Light adjunct lager all the way ... faint corn with sweetness. Untraceable hops. Inoffensive, but uninteresting.

Taste/feel: Maybe it's because the beer was almost frozen, but this actually was not as awful as I was expecting ... I actually prefer a Coors Light/Miller Lite/Bud Light to their big brothers, as I'd like to taste my adjunct lagers as little as possible. A touch of corn, slightly sweet, pretty high carbonation, watery feel... goes down easy. It doesn't exactly taste like beer, but I'd rather have this than something that DOES tastes like beer, but reeks of piss soaked boots. Actually hit the spot after turning into a sweaty mess... I like it slightly more than Bud Light, and Miller Lite as well.

05-26-2013 23:07:23 | More by Alextricity
tittymcj

Connecticut

3.29/5  rDev +64.5%

Coors Light!

My favorite of the light, mass produced beers. Pours a clear, golden color. Virtually no head, but the liquid is so clear it's almost forgivable.

Smell is like water. Seriously. Water. Some corn. And water.

Tastes like water. With a bit of starchy flavor. But very light and refreshing. Delicious.

Mouthfeel is also like....WATER! Again, very light and refreshing, but not a lot of substance to it.

05-22-2013 00:09:33 | More by tittymcj
IdrinkBeerinCollege

Oregon

1.39/5  rDev -30.5%
look: 1 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 1.5

Well, it is a staple beer for those of us currently in college. Cheap, light, drinkable and easy to pound; this is a beer to drink in a party scenario.

Overly carbonated with a light watery taste, albeit crisp and refreshing. Head. Wait, whats that? This beer doesn't really have one...

Avoid this beer, unless you want to have something easy to drink in large quantities (although I can think of several better beers to do that with), or you're in college.

05-05-2013 08:44:15 | More by IdrinkBeerinCollege
Norseman

1.33/5  rDev -33.5%

used to like this beer. now that my beer universe has expanded...i'll never order it again. was at a bar in Chicago today, decided to get a coors light draft...mistake. pale yellow watery look, skunky bland semi-beer flavor. i'd love to go into more colorful detail but I'll stop there. if you're considering ordering a coors light next time you're at a bar, slap yourself and then ask for something from three floyds...given you're within their distribution territory.

05-04-2013 00:02:00 | More by Norseman
Mojave_Ted

3.14/5  rDev +57%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

I find it strange, even unconscionably ludicrous, that nearly all reviewers judge this beer subjectively, not objectively.

Coors Light is not a pretentious beer. It is crisp, clean and low in cals and carbs. It is NOT meant to be judged against HIGH END micro-brews and the ilk. This is swill and should ONLY be judged against other swill. I mean, if it is 110F in the Mojave Desert, are you really going to be tilting back a "Super Oatmeal Irish Imported Double-XX Peat Bogging Super Stout Bock" or some such ridiculous thing? NO. You'd be doubled over puking through your gross over grown unkempt beard and fat belly.

Coors Light is what it is; a fairly refreshing, light, mildly fizzy beer. Among the choices you have, it compares nicely in all categories to all of them. Miller Lite has a bit better taste, but who knows where that come from? Kangaroo piss?

If it's gonna push 110F outside and the ice chest needs to be pushed to its max, I recommend Coors Light. The cost and the ease of drinking will not bug you.

The bottles are THE BEST. The cans do a good job and that is what I typically drink. From a TAP? Whoa.. I recommend you go gag yourself for a while over a roadkill opossum because that is NOT how this beer was designed to be served. It is a light pilsner and should come from a single serving container.

04-22-2013 01:29:47 | More by Mojave_Ted
bbluemzbeer

1.39/5  rDev -30.5%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

Appreance: Crystal clear very looks white. Pours to a paper thin bright white head that diminishes to almost nothing very quickly. Very active carbonation. Looks like sparkling white spraking water.

Smell: No smell to this beer

Taste: Feels like 7up with very little beer taste to it . I would not considered this beer.

Mouthful : Toomuch carbonation for my taste.

Overall: This is sparking beer with no beer flavor. Bud Lighvhas more flavor then this beer. I would drank regular water before this beer. It is probably a beer you can drank all day long becuase the low amounts of alcohol in it.

04-01-2013 15:13:23 | More by bbluemzbeer
idfancher

Indiana

3.78/5  rDev +89%

This has always been my go to beer. I enjoy it at all times of the year. It is a typical light beer with a clean pour, look, and taste. I do find that if it isn't served very cold it can leave a lingering unpleasant taste on the mouth. However, if I cannot find anything new or different to drink I always go for Coors Light.

03-31-2013 21:36:48 | More by idfancher
KYGunner

Kentucky

2.14/5  rDev +7%
look: 1 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Served during March Madness by my father in.law. Very thin yellow hue with tons of carbonation. So much so that the bubbles coat the glass to a point of obstruction.

The scent is of sweet corn and cereal like grains. Very weak and thin in scent there is some notable graininess mixed with a metallic aroma.

Tastes of corny graininess with a little cereal malt. Very light and crisp its understandable why someone would drink this for inebriation as its very easy to drink, as it should.

03-22-2013 19:40:08 | More by KYGunner
TheSixthRing

2.05/5  rDev +2.5%

Appearance - Pours a crystal clear, very pale yellow with a white, 2 finger head that fizzes away rather quickly. Virtually no bubble retention on the surface.

Smell - Artificially sweet aroma, with hints of alcohol notes.

Taste - Follows the nose. Light corn-like sweetness with an even lighter touch of alcohol character. Faint grain flavor as beer approaches warmer temperatures.

Mouthfeel - Light, watery body with a sharp bite. Dry finish.

Overall - Oh Coors Light, uneventful and boring you are. Outside the corn-like sweetness, there's really nothing going on with this beer. Good for sweltering days under an unrelenting sun, or so I've been told by the commercials. There are a plethora of beers I'd rather have under those circumstances.

03-16-2013 09:45:38 | More by TheSixthRing
BeerKangaroo

Alaska

2.41/5  rDev +20.5%

Hey, I've never done this, huh, how about that, fancy that I have this free in my hand right now in a non-iced pint glass, ok, well, here goes:

A: transparent clear yellow body, no head, no lacing

S: corn/rice adjuncts coming through sweet

T: sweet through previously mentioned flavors

M: light, sessionable, that's about all I can really say

O: well, it fits the style, slightly,, uh . . . . would I have this again, hmmmm . . . probably not, currently this party I'm at is extremely boring as I decided to sit here and find that this isn't that great

03-09-2013 04:12:05 | More by BeerKangaroo
dbrauneis

1.93/5  rDev -3.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

A: Pours a crystal clear pale lemon yellow in color with some moderate to significant amounts of visible carbonation. The beer has a two finger tall fizzy white head that quickly reduces to a mottled extremely thin film covering about tow thirds of the surface of the beer and a thin ring at the edges of the glass. Minimal to light amounts of lacing are observed.

S: Light aromas of grainy malts with just a very light hint of floral hops. Very little smell to this beer.

T: Very light flavors of pale malts with some grainy adjunct sweetness and just a super light hint of floral hops. Very little bitterness and it fades almost immediately. There is very little taste to this beer.

M: Light bodied with moderate to heavy amounts of carbonation. Very thin/watery.

O: The beer is very easy to drink - it is quite similar to a club soda or seltzer water (and has about as much smell/taste). There is not much to say about this beer other than it reminds me of beach trips during college since it was essentially hydration. Probably the easiest to drink of the BMC light beers.

02-28-2013 00:18:33 | More by dbrauneis
Wrigfen

South Carolina

1.26/5  rDev -37%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1

Sorry about the rating. Just being honest about my taste buds and preferences. Light beer can be good. However Coors light is not one that I would consider good. I drink a lot of light beer to reduce caloric intake. However, I avoid Coor LIght. Drink any other light beer if you are seeking a light beer.

02-23-2013 19:21:15 | More by Wrigfen
WilliamAlbrecht

Lord how I wish there was a ZERO available here. Am I being too harsh? No, not at all. This is an AWFUL beer. Drinkable? No. Pour yourself a tall glass of MINERAL water if you need the carbonation. This beer is JUNK.

The appearance is awful. Almost hazy and zero head. Yes. Zero head. Zero lacing. Zero everything. Smells like something disgusting. Tastes awful. Fizzy at best...this is carbonated for sure--does not taste like a lager or a pilsner or even a LIGHT BEER for that matter! The mouthfeel is nothing I want to share. This tastes like polluted water. Overall this is an AWFUL beer. You won't see a person who values their calories or their beer drinking this junk.

02-21-2013 07:06:15 | More by WilliamAlbrecht
EdgeT

3.58/5  rDev +79%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.5

I thoroughly enjoy this beer. In fact, on the weekends this is among my top 3 choices. Its a very flavorful beer that although may be very overpowering for some enthusiasts because its not a very grainy flavor, it is very enjoyable to drink as a 'fun' beer. The silver bullet can is well done as well. The can is tall and thin which makes it nice to hold and the silver with the mountains gives it a cool and chilled look.

02-20-2013 03:33:23 | More by EdgeT
BlueRidgeBeerHound

ive drank 500 gallons, will drink 500 gallons more. this is a beer to cut your teeth on, to be a teenager with, to be outdoors with, to drink and drink and drink on long summer days with no water and find a decent forgiveness in the morning. this is the beer of smokey and the bandit, smokey runnin coolers of coors across old man river mississippi so all we east least can get a taste of the Rockies. this is the beer of Golden Colorado, Shelby County Tennessee, the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia, and every raging prom party worth a bucket of spit and a Kid Rock song. I drink it when the mountains turn BLUE.

02-07-2013 02:49:59 | More by BlueRidgeBeerHound
DaveBlack

2.28/5  rDev +14%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

A buddy of mine works for MillerCoors and occasionally gets some free stuff, and gave me a six pack. My mom's beer of choice, and I made sure that my mountains were blue so that it's at its ideal temp. Let's see how it goes.

A: Incredibly pale straw yellow. Not even as dark as ginger ale, but that is what the color reminds me of. There's a pretty good finger head on it, but it has zero retention and lacing.

S: There's a corn-like sweetness, and not a whole lot else.

T: Wow. I used to sip my moms when I was little, and I remembered it being better than this. The taste is slightly grainy, but there isn't much on the front. It's the aftertaste that really gets me. While it might still be described as grainy, there's something there that is both metallic and fruity.

M: Think soda water, and you're about there. Impressively light, with quite a hit of carbonation.

O: Honestly, if it wasn't for the mouth-kicking aftertaste, it would be a fine beer. Maybe the problem is that I poured it into a glass and opened the favors... In any case, like any other beer, I'll drink them as long as they're free and there's nothing equally free available.

02-01-2013 01:56:44 | More by DaveBlack
Knapp85

1.33/5  rDev -33.5%

I know I've had this over the years a couple times and I'm surprised I never reviewed it before... it must have fell through the cracks somehow. This beer poured out as a clear yellow color with a very fast fading white head on top. The beer has some carbonation bubbles that rise to the top on occasion. The smell of the beer is mostly aromas of corn and other sweet grains. The taste is very bland, I'd say it lacks everything in the flavor/taste category. The mouthfeel is watery, thin and boring. Overall it's nothing to be proud of, it's got no depth or anything. Avoid it, because there is nothing good about it.

12-30-2012 16:49:36 | More by Knapp85
Chiefy770

1.4/5  rDev -30%

Served from a bottle.

A: I've never consumed this beer from a glass but I've seen it. Very light in color and not much of a foamy head. Plenty of bubbles circulating the glass though. The bottle is dark brown. The color-changing mountains are a neat feature but that's about all this brew has going for it.

S: Not much of an aroma. Maybe a few notes of grain and steel sneak their way into the nostrils.

T: Light taste. I always taste a very mild grape flavor. I've tried to make the case to my friends that there is a grape taste but no one else seems to pick it up. Either way, it's not a pleasant grape taste. It tastes like it's been sitting in the can too long.

M: Very light. Very, very, very light. Carbonation is heavy. Foams up in the mouth and leaves a watery, sweet aftertaste.

Overall: I hate to bag on a beer but I've never enjoyed this brew. There are better low-priced beers out there. You are never going to get the true flavor of a plain lager through a light beer but Coors just watered this one down way too much.

12-23-2012 01:18:46 | More by Chiefy770
zzombie

2/5  rDev 0%

So after a year and a half of using this site I've decided to give back and start doing reviews. Bear with me, this is my first:

I'm not very much into "light" beers or really beers produced by the great American "macro" breweries, but my father brought a few bottles home from his office Christmas party so since it was free I decided to give it a try.

Serving Type: Straight out of the bottle.

Appearance: A light, urine yellow. As I drank it straight from the bottle, I can't give an accurate head description.

Smell: Kind of a skunky, sweet smell. Not very appealing but not entirely offensive either.

Taste: Not ever a faint hint of hops detectable, kind of a sugary, skunky, watered down taste with a hint of alcohol. (tastes pretty much like it smells)

Mouthfeel: Holy Carbonation!!!!

Overall: Was it good, no. Made me wanna crack open a Sam Adams. But at the same time it didn't quite taste as bad I as was expecting. Maybe I'm giving it some leeway because it was free.If you're short on cash and wanna get trashed and throw a party, or if you'd had several better beers and then want something cheap at the bar before you call it a night, then this is probably the beer for you.

12-20-2012 19:53:10 | More by zzombie
sam_bliss

Washington

2.13/5  rDev +6.5%

12 oz can into pint glass

A-Very transparent light golden yellow. Not ugly but also not beer. A plain white bubbling head dissipates within thirty or forty seconds. This brew is not much darker than some white wines I've seen.

S- Smells of bread with some corn and just a hint of adjunct-lager piss. Very little hop aroma, perhaps some grassiness or citrus if anything. Somehow I even smell alcohol...in a sub 5% beer.

T- Mostly fizzy/tonic water. It's malty but the bread taste is kind of faint. Sweet corn is the strongest flavor present, with some citrusy hops. If schwepp's made a beer this would be it.

M- Very carbonated and watery. The world's most refreshing beer? Not quite. Perhaps the most refreshing very cheap mass-produced American beer

D- Good for a 15-beer day I suppose. Football game kicking off at noon and you're planning to party late into the evening? This might be your choice. A good beer for those days when you plan to be too intoxicated to taste your beer anyway.

I don't understand why Coors is so intent on advertising the coldness of their beer - that is up to the consumer to store it in the fridge or ice chest right? Nevertheless, this beer can only be palated cold. I can't imagine drinking it at room temperature. The piss taste would surely come through with strength.

12-07-2012 03:32:13 | More by sam_bliss