Get FREE shipping on all US orders of $25 or more from the BeerAdvocate Store.

No promo code required. Offer valid through 4/30.

Ready to gear up? Start shopping →

Style: Light Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Reviews: 1,237 | Ratings: 4,872
1.43/5  rDev -29.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

I think I'd rather not drink beer than to drink Coors Light. Maybe I'm biased because I used to know a bunch of douche bags who swore this was far better than the inferior cheap beers such as keystone and the beast. It's all crap.

3.13/5  rDev +53.4%

Draft with Capone's $.25 hot wings it was the only other $2.25 domestic option and I didn't feel like an expensive beer. My usual lager was terrible, don't know what was up with that but that got returned after 2 sips ...

Looks like yellow fizzy macro lager should look. Not much aroma, what's there smells ok bready malt. Taste follows, no hop presence to speak off but that's ok once in a while. Clean, moderately crisp and easy to drink. Went good with the wings.

It's what you expect and really not that bad on draft which I've had before. Can is terrible we do not accept that if offered.

1.15/5  rDev -43.6%

This beer for me does not deserve a review, I simply hate this kind of colored water I don't understand why a lot of american people love this beer... ?

3.08/5  rDev +51%

This is the beer for a 95 degree day when you just finished the mowing. It's also good for fried foods or foods where you don't want the flavor getting in the way of the food's flavor. It's basic, watery, but sometimes that hits the spot.

2.09/5  rDev +2.5%

Drank 48oz out of a Das Boot in roughly 90 seconds. Better than any other Macro lager. Best served near-ice temperature and consumed as quickly as possible.

2.55/5  rDev +25%

It's hot out... I'm on the beach and don't want to be hammered on a session beer of better quality. Don't be mad, it's still good to pay hommage to college... This is not a good beer though LOL.

1.54/5  rDev -24.5%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

The mountains were blue but that didn't help the flavor much.

Strikingly pale in color. The nose was too non-existent to be considered good or bad. This was a watery waste of time.

1.5/5  rDev -26.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Absolutely rancid tasting beer. Can't even use this for beer pong. I would much rather drink water than waste my time on this swill. I truly do not understand how I used to regularly drink this back in the day.

3.65/5  rDev +78.9%
look: 5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 5 | overall: 3.25

Great beer year round. Everything about this beer is refreshing to me. The look, taste, feel, and smell. Very bad if it's not extremely cold because I would say there's not much taste but when you need something to quench your thirst this would be it.

2.5/5  rDev +22.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

As mentioned in my Bud Light review, I decided to do a side by side by side review of the "Big Three" American light beers. I was actually quite surprised by Coors Light. I had never had it before, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but it actually wasn't too bad. It's still behind Bud Light however. It doesn't taste as corny as Miller Lite, which is good, because I like the rice taste a bit better than the corn taste.

3.16/5  rDev +54.9%

as far as commercial light beers this one is superior at 5 carbs. Doesn't taste bad, either. It's my choice for the US commercial circuit. Still leaves something to be desired though, I believe it's hops.

1.9/5  rDev -6.9%

Was down in Vegas when someone bought me one of these in the big bloody can that everyone seems to walk around with. Now I've had the Canadian version on many occasion, of which I am not a fan but bloody well taste like the finest champagne in comparison. This was watery and lacked any noticeable flavour especially after the first couple sips which was strange as the can was super cold to start which I can understand the flavour being held back. As it warmed up it tasted like warm dirty water.Needless to say I didn't even get half way through the can.

1.33/5  rDev -34.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Poured from a pitcher into a Pilsner.
A: pale yellow, little head, I suppose it would be disrespectful to say it was time to clean the fish tank.
S: undetectable, faint aroma
T: a bit unpleasant, mild, uninteresting
M: thin, slight carbonation
O: unpleasant, a bit nasty, not so bad after a few sips, I would drink this on a hot day if I was thirsty

2.4/5  rDev +17.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Appearance: pale straw with a fizzy white foam cap. Smell: smells like nothing – corny if anything with a little green apple Taste: crisp with apple, maybe a little corn, no hops, balanced towards the malt – what little there is. Mouthfeel: thin, light, watery, high carbonation, slight carbonic bight.

1.63/5  rDev -20.1%

L- looks like yellow water. Head lasted about 30 seconds.

S- Lightly scented like a lager.

T- Mostly water, some of those adjunct flavors and a very generic beer flavor.

F- Bubbly mouthfeel. Goes down easy.

O- Inoffensive and bland. Advertise anything well enough and sheeple will buy it. None of that pesky flavor to get in the way of drinkability. Eh.

2.53/5  rDev +24%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Lite gold with white top. Whisper of biscuits. Lemon water flavor. Lite mouthfeel. Corporate meh, but better than most lagers I've been drinking lately in Ecuador...

2.76/5  rDev +35.3%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Coors light is probably my favorite light beer, but it has a very sweet after taste which is the main drawback of this beer. Also due to this being a light beer it doesn't have a very powerful flavor.

the comercials for this beer are perfect, there is no mention of taste or flavor Yet the fact that it is cold is hyped up. This beer looks like colored seltzer,smells like corn,and tastes like water. However it is cold.

2.57/5  rDev +26%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

2/16/15 (Aluminum Bottle) - Hadn't had a Coor's light in a while. Wide mouth bottle, but poured into a glass. Very light colouring, with minimal aroma. Tasted OK, and it went down smooth and easy. Not a bad beer if you just want a cold drink with minimal taste and calories, but I typically seek out stronger beers with varied taste.

2.18/5  rDev +6.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

A: Crystal clear straw color large pillowy head

S: Classic lager smell. Grains and maybe some hay

T: Little bit of grains not much else

M: Watery but not as bad as some of the other american light beers that I have had

O: An ok beer if your planning on drinking several in one setting but there are some much better ones out there for that application

1.64/5  rDev -19.6%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

This is the staple of American football fans across the United States.
It is basically is a flavored water, with little flavor at that. Extremely light in taste, it almost leaves a dry aftertaste feeling.

It is sweet and easy to drink is mass amounts if that is your goal. It just amazes me that beers like this sell but the cost of entry being so low that every bum on the corner can afford to pick up a 30 brick that is probably how they have gotten to be so large.

For fun if you have anyone from Europe visit you and tell them this is the best beer we have to offer.....then smile and give them a good craft beer.

Joking aside it isn't terrible on super hot day....but then water works as well.

If I arched my own urine stream into my mouth it would be more pleasant than this "beer". This stuff is the enemy of craft beer. I've actually had a hick moron who was buying some of this behind me at a gas station try to tell me that I should be drinking coors. what a fag.

1.41/5  rDev -30.9%
look: 1.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

Very clear straw color with a poor head. Dull.
Faint aromas of grains and light caramel with floral hops. Slight fruitiness.
Faint but overwhelming taste of corn. Too bitter.
Light body with ok carbonation, drying alcohol aftertaste.
Barely drinkable and stale boring beer with no freshness.

2.58/5  rDev +26.5%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

Tastes like fresh spring water mixed with a tiny bit of beer. This is a great beer anytime You need to tie one on and quench your thirst such as, after hockey or while installing a privacy fence. Coors Lite tastes great on lips of a young grad student at karaoke night. Serve at your next couples dinner to prove the point that your not interested in a lot of discussion, just gettin smashed.

1.52/5  rDev -25.5%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.25

looks as bad as they get, piss yellow with no head

smells decent for what it is actually

tastes like the usual watery, alcoholic light beer

mouthfeel is best attribute