Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,196 | Hads: 4,604

The beer of my youth. Metallica drank this back when they were broke teenagers therefore I had to drink it too. It's terrible beer but it will get you drunk without draining your wallet. (186 characters)

3.5/5  rDev +67.5%

A lot of people on here are going to hate on this beer, but for me I like Coors light for what it is. It does not try to be different or interesting in anyway, But if I'm going to drink a wheelbarrow of it like god intended its the best for that in my opinion. So on to its taste, This is the hardest part for me it taste like water with beer flavoring, kind of like beef flavored Ramen, tastes nothing like beef but has a hind of beef flavor to it. But at the same time I have no idea why I like or keep buying maybe its the marketing, maybe its the fact that I've drank so much Pabst at this point that if I drink anymore I'll go into shock and start foaming from the mouth. but most of all its the best of the worst in my mind, bud is for Necks and southerners, and miller, I have no idea who drinks that shit other then hipsters. But for the rest of us at a sporting event or really anywhere that you need to drink 5 beers in 45 mins Coors is the beer of choice. here to Coors and here's to 'Merica!!!! (1,006 characters)

1.8/5  rDev -13.9%

I was drinking at B-Dubs and decided to finish the night with something cheap and light (I don't have a lot of money being a law student). Don't fault me for trying this, beer gods. Here goes:

A: Yellow with a small head that dissipates immediately. Leaves no lacing. Carbonation is apparent.

S: Some "high country barley," I guess, but this gives way to corn starch. Corn and alcohol are the only two scents I detect really...

T: Lightly-kilned barley giving way to corn starch and alcohol. A smattering of Bavarian hops, but these are barely present.

F: Carbonated, no thickness - just like water.

O: Just...bad. Avoid it if you can. (652 characters)

2.29/5  rDev +9.6%

Admittedly one of my favorite light beers. It's refreshing and kind, and still has a light hint of the original Banquet style Coors.

Serving style : 12 oz slender can poured into pilsner glass

Appearance (2) : bubbly white foamy two finger head. Recedes rapidly and leaves no lace.

Smell (2) : dirty corn, faint yeast, tin, lemon lime soda, with a slight freshness behind it.

Taste (3) : yeast and corn mash, fresh veggie, crisp water, ends with corn kernel and a little lime or apple. It's easy drinking. Very crisp.

Mouthfeel (2.5) : carbonated, poppy, crisp.

Overall (2.29) : I do keep this on hand in my fridge from time to time. Awhile back I logged on and reviewed Keystone Light on its own merit and reflected against this beer, because rumor has it it's the same recipe from the same brewer but a little more stale. I can confirm that they taste similar - but Coors light has a bite, crispness, and fresh taste that Keystone lacks. I think it's the difference between a crisp apple and one left out for a day. Keystone compounds that lack of crispness with adding extra smoothness so it's in fact the opposite mouthfeel of Coors light. I like it better than Keystone. As for whether its worth the extra price, well, I don't know. I do know I'd reach for this over keystone light in an ice cooler. It's the superior product. Better than bud light, not as good as miller lite. So there you have it. (1,413 characters)

I enjoy this brew. Its the only thing i have bought with my own money as far as alcohol. My friend introduced me to the silver bullet one day. I thought it was a bit stronger than bud light. At this point, I was kind of wanting to try stronger beers. So it was a refreshing change, while still being inoffensive. Now, i drank it today after having some the other day. It has no flavor to speak of. Its kind of sweet though. Its nothing really memorable. Poured into glass gently so there would be no foam. The foam really makes me sick to my stomach. So light beer is really good because of that. pale golden liquid. Never actually seen it out of the bottle till today. Its smell is kind of sweet. Its inoffensive. I can't really taste anything other than a slight beer taste. Very forgettable. Its good for me to drink when i get thirsty. I would buy it again. Best beer I drink all the time (899 characters)

2.5/5  rDev +19.6%

In comparison to stuff that i recently tried, being corona and founders and things of that sort, this is not as good. But for the category its still a little bit worse than miller lite. I mean coors is good for when im thirsty. I wouldn't turn one of these down ice cold on a hot day. (286 characters)

Poured from a 12 ounce bottle into a Shaker pint glass, "best by" date on bottle 10-27-14.

APPEARANCE: pours a clear, pale, light yellow color with less than one finger white head that dissipated quickly leaving a ring of small bubbles around the glass, there was almost no lacing on the glass, medium carbonation.

SMELL: flowery and sweet, not much else that I can detect.

TASTE: there is not much going on here, I can barely say this tastes like beer, some banana, almost no hop profile, in a word.....bland.

PALATE: it's fizzy, finishes dry and clean, light body.

OVERALL: Must remember to "respect beer" at this moment. This is a beer that would appeal to people on a diet who want to drink beer but do not necessarily like beer. It has a bland, weak taste that is in no way appealing to me.....at all. If you are fat and don't really like beer but just want to "fit in" then this is your beer. (912 characters)

1.5/5  rDev -28.2%

Pours a pale, almost clear yellow with no head to speak of. The smell is metallic but with hints of fruit and even a little hop. The taste had a lot of rice in it, and then a touch of sweetness on the end. Very faint flavors. (226 characters)

2.4/5  rDev +14.8%

Straw yellow, crystal clear, small white fine bubbled head that reduces to a rim leaving little lacing, lots of fine carbonation

aroma is grainy, chalky, no hops, faint malt sweetness and a hint of sour, but mostly bland

Taste is mineral water, only a hint of grainy Pilsener malt, where are the hops? Not noticeable except for some restrained bitterness.

Heavily carbonated on a thin watery body, there is the mineral water experience again

This is a beer that like mineral water quenches the thirst without taste to speak of. There are no flaws to the brew, no off flavors, which is difficult to do in such a bland beer. As an engineer I admire this but as a beer lover I disdain this approach to beer. I am sure that I have never before rated a flawless beer that low (774 characters)

On tap. 100th beer style. Didn't really want to tick this style and especially not for #100, but I've gained some knowledge and can appreciate other beers much better now. We are very fortunate to have access to such variety. Here goes.

A: Pours a clear, ultra pale yellow which is even lighter than my piss. Initial 1/2" white head fades to nothing and leaves no lace.

N: Corn adjuncts, yeasty, malty, faint lemony citrus.

T: Follows nose with more of the same. Generally blech.

M: Light body and light carbonation. Finishes with that weird synthetic sweetness.

O: Not as bad as I thought this would be. Not a snob, it's just with so many other options out there it is amazing to me why people actually like this. (721 characters)

1.71/5  rDev -18.2%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

It is a great breakfast beer, or a beer that you drink for the sake of drinking all day and night. I loved this beer in junior high, but now only meets my needs when shot-gunning. (179 characters)

2.25/5  rDev +7.7%

12 oz. bottle, with best by date September 15, 2014 printed on the bottleneck. Yet another one of the big macro light lagers that I've yet to review. I was fond of sticking a lime in one of these back in the day, but I'm sure my tastes have since evolved.

Poured into a Miller High Life pint glass.

A - It pours a pale fizzy straw yellow colored body; tons of clarity and tons of bubbles rushing around the glass. Less than a finger of fizzy bubbly white foam that sizzles it's way out of existence within seconds. No lacing. Lord, it looks about as awful as the rest of em. 1.5

S - The smell is fizzy, dusty, grainy, & papery. Sweetened malt. Not an offensive aroma, but there hardly is any aroma at all. Lightly solventy, but not by much. 1.5

T - Taste follows the nose - grassy, fizzy, & grainy. Lightly herbal in character, but mostly all fizzy light adjunct lager like all the rest of them. Inoffensive, and sweet & herbal enough to call this one refreshing, at least. 2.5

M - The feel is crisp, clean, sweet, and lightly grainy. Refreshing and poundable, especially on a hot summer's day or with some BBQ. 2.5

Overall, another one from the bottom of the macro barrel with plenty more to go, but this is one that I at least wouldn't mind revisiting, especially if there are lesser options available.

Coors Light -----2.5/5 (1,339 characters)

2.82/5  rDev +34.9%

Its one of the beer that is really refreshing. Most of the people tells me that it taste like water I found it that they are really severe about it.

The smell of it is not really powerful, it's really limited, you can smell a bit of corny but nothing much.
If u look for a beer that have a good texture.

Now the taste. For my part I think it's ok. Fore sure it's not the most tasty beer on the market but for a light beer, it does do a pretty decent.

So overall would I recommend it ? Yes ! If u are at the swimming pool and u need a refreshing beer give a try to the coors light. Definitely one of my beer that I drink during summer. (637 characters)

1.7/5  rDev -18.7%

I've had one Coors Light in my life. My feelings toward Coors Light can be summarized in an anecdote. Someone came in to the bar and asked why we don't have Coors Light on tap. I told him, the only way we'll tap Coors Light is if the Health Department told us we needed to instal another water faucet.
Poured watery, no head.
Looked watery
Felt watery
Tasted watery
Nothing wrong with anyone who enjoys this beer; they'll just be very hydrated. (444 characters)

3.18/5  rDev +52.2%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Last sampled on 7/25/14. Come to find out that I never did a review on this 'common' brew at all so it goes as I have had this one in bottles, cans and on tap over the years. Bought 2-12 packs in bottle for $9.99 each. Bottle(s) chilled down to 36 degrees F in my beer cooler and poured into a vintage Coor's pilsner glass.

Pours a pale golden in color with a very thin white head. Very little spotty lacing is seen. The aroma is just of some grains for the most part. The taste is about the same with a hint of sweet corn also. On the thin side. Lots of carbonation. Nothing real special here but a decent light brew for the warmer months. Overall, I still like it. (667 characters)

This is really the only other beer I like besides Guinness. Not gonna go into flavor we all know what coors is like. I drank 12 of these at the pay lake by myself without getting drunk. Didn't have a hangover either. I give it a 5 because this is my macro beer of choice. (271 characters)

2.25/5  rDev +7.7%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

I don't know why my scores seem so high - it's a watery, awful beer, but apparently I don't hate it as much as many others. Eating food makes it more tolerable perhaps. (168 characters)

2.75/5  rDev +31.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.75

On tap at Smoke + Cedar.

I'm not a Coors Light guy, and the occasions to have can or two are few and far between. This special occasion came from walking a mile on a warm night, the last 1/8 of a mile uphill.

Bar had good selection of crafts, but I was already hammered and a little thirsty. This is the niche that Coors Light, et al fill - you want to have a pop but sometimes on a hot day/night the good stuff is just too good. Coors Light and a glass of water fit the bill.

That being said, there is little else to recommend it. I don't think the Silver Bullet is brewed for making memories. It's brewed to be guzzled, and Coors does a good job in delivering what the guzzlers want. (689 characters)

1.25/5  rDev -40.2%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

I only gave it a 1.25 because I felt bad giving it a 1. When they said Tap the rockies, I didn't think they meant literally put a tap in the mountains and pull all the animal pee and poo out and put it in a can... On a high note, the can is kinda cool with the mountains that turn blue, although you would have to be of low intelligence to not know if your beer was cold.. (372 characters)

2.18/5  rDev +4.3%

My heart doc said that I needed to drink less beer, so Coor's was my choice. I figured that a poor tasting beer would slow me down, and maybe enjoy the better beers a lot more. Well, after a few years of Coor's light, it has slowed me down. I quit when I should, and get some sleep. While I prefer a hefe-weizen for quenching my thirst, the Coors is fine for the times when the lawn must be mowed.and it is hot outside. In that regard, Coor's light is OK. While I do not recommend it as an All-American beer, it seems to taste a bit better than any other light beer I have tried. (579 characters)

3.5/5  rDev +67.5%

This is one of my go to Macro brews. This is probably one of the most refreshing light beers out there, and is great for a cheap drink when you don't want to think about what you are drinking. This is a party beer, a float beer, and a cheap on the run beer. It's not meant to be more than that, so don't judge it as such. I have had it on tap, by bottle, by can, and by Aluminum bottle. My favorite way though, is a silver bullet can. Just something about it makes it better. For what it is, this is one of my favorites of the Macro Lagers/Light Lagers. It might not be perfect, but I love it!

Will seek out and purchase again. Repeatedly, as I already do. (657 characters)

2.34/5  rDev +12%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

One of my least favorites. Generic cheap beer. I typically avoid it unless it's the only thing at a party. Even then I'll pick Heineken over this. Save your money and get a case of Yuengling or Bass. (199 characters)

2.02/5  rDev -3.3%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

I'm not a fan of many macrobrews, especially the highly marketed stuff. My friend just decided to pick up a 24 pack of cans on sale, and since I drank Coors from a bottle and liked it this past Christmas, I thought i'd give it a shot.

Can was poured into tall beer mug at a cold temperature.

appearance: looks thin, almost colorless, not used to such light beer. Reminds me of light yellow colored piss. lots of head that stayed for a minute or so.

smell: not much to it, grassy, wheat maybe.

taste: my favorite part of this beer. This can i'm drinking, the only really good drink was the first drink. Got some taste from that drink only. Rest of the can tasted like lightly flavored water. Maybe some wheat taste to it, but not much. Taste lingers slightly.

mouthfeel: thin, slightly carbonated.

Overall: I think this beer is okay, and the only regular macrobrew (or light beer for that matter) I will drink besides Budweiser. This is a beer for sitting outside on a hot day drinking and talking with friends, or a light drink whenever the thirst comes for it. This is a beer that can go down fast, and drunkenness would come fast (because it's so easy to drink). Reminds me of those crystal light water flavorings, but in beer flavor -its light and tastes like water. This is not a full flavored beer to sit and slowly sip. Just a simple brew with little flavor. I think it is okay. (1,391 characters)

2.84/5  rDev +35.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 3

There was a saying I once heard, "Beer and Girls, When it's good it's good and when it's bad, well it's still ok." This guy must not have drank many Coors Lights. This is some aweful stuff. I'd give up beer if this was all there was. It tastes like pizza cardboard soaked in water and mixed with fruit loops. With a lot of metallic. If you drink 3 quickly then it doesn't taste as bad but beware it cause severe belly bloat. Also causes insane diarrhea the next day. Avoid this stuff (483 characters)

2.57/5  rDev +23%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

I give you.... your party beer. It comes in a can, a bottle, a party ball, and a keg. Solid for beer pong and beer bongs, alike. I've never made so many mistakes for under the cost of Whopper meal - which, appropriately enough, will be some undergrad's main source of sustenance at 3:00am this Saturday night. It's a table beer. Not the kind you enjoy for the taste, the look, or to promote your local Rockies. It's sole purpose, in the opinion of this lowly beer enthusiast, is to get you where you need to be (am I right, fellas?). More so, it's your gateway brew to better and bolder beers. Coors Light is what I started drinking before I became better acquainted with the wide world of ales and lagers. I, like so many other rebellious youth, was introduced to this great and diverse realm of beer by the welcoming, but not above mediocre, drinkability of Coors Light. And for that, we thank you. (900 characters)

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company