Microbrew Invitational

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Reviews: 1,246 | Ratings: 4,901
2.12/5  rDev +3.4%
look: 3 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

it's just kinda there....more trouble than it's worth using the energy to open the bottle, pour and drink. I gave my 12 pack away after drinking a few...I put 3 bottles in the freezer for a couple hours before drinking to make it a little more interesting...very weird little buzz

look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2.25

People totally hate on beers like this and bud light without thinking about what it actually is. Beers like this are not made to be delicious or magnificent. This is what I call a "glass of water beer". It has two purposes to be refreshing and to get you a buzz. Would I rather have a nice craft beer? Yes. But if im im the mood for something inexpensive and "decent" its better than nothing. If you hate it so much then shut up and dont drink it and stop posting about how you would rather drink goat piss than this.

3.45/5  rDev +68.3%

One of my least favorite light beers. If i am going for a light beer I rather have a Bud Light, Miller lite or Tecate Light. Coors is not bad though. I get a Metallic taste. Corny and watery. Smooth finish. Easy drinking. Nothing special here.

Replied to a ad on Craigslist last night for a gangbang. Got loaded on coors light and headed over and had a little fun with Amy and her 6 friends. Hey-yo

1.72/5  rDev -16.1%

Review from memory (had at a wedding a few weeks back). Pours a sickly yellow with almost no head to speak of. Aroma is negligible, with some corn and maybe a touch of very light bread dough and sweetness. Taste mirrors this, corn, water, not much else. Mouthfeel is the same as all the big 3, fizzy, yet not lively or interesting. Overall, probably the best of the big 3 for me, better than bud light and miller light.

2.12/5  rDev +3.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

Is this beer? Nice label though. Very low body, watery, flavorless, odorless. I didn´t even like it for outdoor activities or anything. Very forgetable drink.,

2.81/5  rDev +37.1%

I have a 355ml bottle in Australia it is coors only no (coors light). pours a clear pale golden with a medium white head. Sweet malt aroma with corn and malt. Taste similar to aroma, sweet and watery light bitterness on the finish. I’ll take it over bud light that’s forsure.

2.5/5  rDev +22%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Eh.

That about sums it up. Its does not taste bad, but it doesnt have alot of taste- at all.
It is refreshing, but probably the worst out of the Bud, Miller, Coors trio.

1.43/5  rDev -30.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

I think I'd rather not drink beer than to drink Coors Light. Maybe I'm biased because I used to know a bunch of douche bags who swore this was far better than the inferior cheap beers such as keystone and the beast. It's all crap.

3.13/5  rDev +52.7%

Draft with Capone's $.25 hot wings it was the only other $2.25 domestic option and I didn't feel like an expensive beer. My usual lager was terrible, don't know what was up with that but that got returned after 2 sips ...

Looks like yellow fizzy macro lager should look. Not much aroma, what's there smells ok bready malt. Taste follows, no hop presence to speak off but that's ok once in a while. Clean, moderately crisp and easy to drink. Went good with the wings.

It's what you expect and really not that bad on draft which I've had before. Can is terrible we do not accept that if offered.

1.15/5  rDev -43.9%

This beer for me does not deserve a review, I simply hate this kind of colored water I don't understand why a lot of american people love this beer... ?

3.08/5  rDev +50.2%

This is the beer for a 95 degree day when you just finished the mowing. It's also good for fried foods or foods where you don't want the flavor getting in the way of the food's flavor. It's basic, watery, but sometimes that hits the spot.

2.09/5  rDev +2%

Drank 48oz out of a Das Boot in roughly 90 seconds. Better than any other Macro lager. Best served near-ice temperature and consumed as quickly as possible.

2.55/5  rDev +24.4%

It's hot out... I'm on the beach and don't want to be hammered on a session beer of better quality. Don't be mad, it's still good to pay hommage to college... This is not a good beer though LOL.

1.54/5  rDev -24.9%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

The mountains were blue but that didn't help the flavor much.

Strikingly pale in color. The nose was too non-existent to be considered good or bad. This was a watery waste of time.

1.5/5  rDev -26.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Absolutely rancid tasting beer. Can't even use this for beer pong. I would much rather drink water than waste my time on this swill. I truly do not understand how I used to regularly drink this back in the day.

3.65/5  rDev +78%
look: 5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 5 | overall: 3.25

Great beer year round. Everything about this beer is refreshing to me. The look, taste, feel, and smell. Very bad if it's not extremely cold because I would say there's not much taste but when you need something to quench your thirst this would be it.

2.5/5  rDev +22%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

As mentioned in my Bud Light review, I decided to do a side by side by side review of the "Big Three" American light beers. I was actually quite surprised by Coors Light. I had never had it before, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but it actually wasn't too bad. It's still behind Bud Light however. It doesn't taste as corny as Miller Lite, which is good, because I like the rice taste a bit better than the corn taste.

3.16/5  rDev +54.1%

as far as commercial light beers this one is superior at 5 carbs. Doesn't taste bad, either. It's my choice for the US commercial circuit. Still leaves something to be desired though, I believe it's hops.

1.9/5  rDev -7.3%

Was down in Vegas when someone bought me one of these in the big bloody can that everyone seems to walk around with. Now I've had the Canadian version on many occasion, of which I am not a fan but bloody well taste like the finest champagne in comparison. This was watery and lacked any noticeable flavour especially after the first couple sips which was strange as the can was super cold to start which I can understand the flavour being held back. As it warmed up it tasted like warm dirty water.Needless to say I didn't even get half way through the can.

1.33/5  rDev -35.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Poured from a pitcher into a Pilsner.
A: pale yellow, little head, I suppose it would be disrespectful to say it was time to clean the fish tank.
S: undetectable, faint aroma
T: a bit unpleasant, mild, uninteresting
M: thin, slight carbonation
O: unpleasant, a bit nasty, not so bad after a few sips, I would drink this on a hot day if I was thirsty

2.4/5  rDev +17.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Appearance: pale straw with a fizzy white foam cap. Smell: smells like nothing – corny if anything with a little green apple Taste: crisp with apple, maybe a little corn, no hops, balanced towards the malt – what little there is. Mouthfeel: thin, light, watery, high carbonation, slight carbonic bight.

1.63/5  rDev -20.5%

L- looks like yellow water. Head lasted about 30 seconds.

S- Lightly scented like a lager.

T- Mostly water, some of those adjunct flavors and a very generic beer flavor.

F- Bubbly mouthfeel. Goes down easy.

O- Inoffensive and bland. Advertise anything well enough and sheeple will buy it. None of that pesky flavor to get in the way of drinkability. Eh.

2.53/5  rDev +23.4%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Lite gold with white top. Whisper of biscuits. Lemon water flavor. Lite mouthfeel. Corporate meh, but better than most lagers I've been drinking lately in Ecuador...

2.76/5  rDev +34.6%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Coors light is probably my favorite light beer, but it has a very sweet after taste which is the main drawback of this beer. Also due to this being a light beer it doesn't have a very powerful flavor.

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company