Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
Ratings: 4,574 | Reviews: 1,323
3.48/5  rDev +73.1%

Good domestic light beer best tasted one are brewed in Colorado not what is made in other plants except aluminum pints also taste good

3.47/5  rDev +72.6%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

if your judging this beer against the light lager style it is not awful. it is the classic example. is it a delicious beer? no.

3.46/5  rDev +72.1%

I had this beer so many times and never caught a buzz except for walking funny like a stereotypical gay guy you'd see on TV.

A: Its beer. Thats all I can say.

S: Everything a beer should smell like. Hops,alcohol,barley,and yeast.

T: Light and very crisp. I actually said "ahhh: after the first couple of sips.

M: Crisp, refreshing, light and a bit of carbonation.

D: Its decent. Dont expect to get a "head buzz" type of drunk though. Its ideal for a cook out where you will be eating and drinking a lot but don't wanna vomit. The beer is that nice and light. Also refreshing after a long day. I wouldnt recommend buying it unless you are outdoors a lot.

3.45/5  rDev +71.6%

a good light beer, it is refreshing and it has some flavor as opposed to bud light which america seems to be in love with for some reason. light beer is not my choice of beer but if im at a party or sitting around with a group of friends this is usually what we buy and its not bad at all. this beer was not created to be awesome like newcastle but it is supposed to be easy to drink, so i dont think it deserves all the low ratings. and you can slam about a hundred of these without feeling full :)

3.41/5  rDev +69.7%

I grew up on this beer. It is my favorite of all the Lights. Of course, most people want to trash any of the light beers, but as a Yooper, they all hold a special meaning. There aren't any special characteristics other than it's a GOOD beer. Whether you're ice-fishing, playing bar-league softball, golfing, or grilling out...it always refreshes and produces!

3.41/5  rDev +69.7%

Good olde silver bullet! Now when I come to think of it im not the biggest light beer fan but I can always go back for this great brew.

One of the best brews to abuse when I was younger. Has the standerd color but the smell was something differnt , of corse in cans/bottle's always good; but when I had this on tap had a differnt taste(more abv and pine/gin smell) same for taste smooth and refreshing.

Of corse this is by far the very BEST cheapest/light/american/bar beer out the, and I still to this day buy 18 packs.... (when Im poor)

But yes great beer , always a good one!

3.4/5  rDev +69.2%

Coors Light isn't getting much love from BA. It isn't an elite beer, but it isn't a bad choice if you want to have a few ice cold, refreshing beers. It's also a very affordable option if you're low on cash, a better choice than the other cheap light beers. Don't be afraid to take a ride on the Silver Bullet.

3.38/5  rDev +68.2%

On first sip I taste the pure a natural taste of The Rockies.. This is great!... Cold, refreshing, tastes great. As I continue to drink I think I understated my first statement and blasphemed the true king of light beers. Seriously though it's a good light beer for what it is.

3.36/5  rDev +67.2%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

This beer is pretty good.

3.36/5  rDev +67.2%

I got a tall boy of this at Baconfest 2011 because it was either this or something worse. It's not bad for the style.
It's the typical lager gold color. The aroma has a bit of wheat and not much else. The taste, light wheat and corn, but not much of them. It goes down super easy and finishes clean. The body is typical for the style. For a light lager it's decent but for the typical beer geek there's plenty of brews out there that would be more satisfying. In short, it's light and thin, but clean.

3.35/5  rDev +66.7%

Not much to say about this one. Others have covered the details quite well, I just wanted to mention one thing about it. It's a typical American light beer, with one really annoying quirk.

It's just terribly inconsistent. Within the same 12 pack of bottles I noticed that most were typical "watery" American light lagers, but there were a few bottles that were much, much more hoppy than the rest, bordering on a pale ale flavor, and then there were a few bottles that had no trace of hops whatsoever, but were extremely malty... Very sweet and "bread-like"....

None of them were "bad", but I find it a bit troublesome that within a 12 pack of what is supposed to be the same thing, I found 3 very distinct tasting beers.

Sadly, this is not a one time event. This is my non-beer-drinking wife's favorite beer, so we tend to cycle a fair amount of Coors Light through the house.... I've been noticing this pattern with Coors Light at least for the past 5 years, in both bottles and cans.

Appearance: 1 inch head, high carbonation, straw yellow in color, clear

Smell: grass, bitter hops, some skunkiness

Taste: light grain, grass, small hops

Mouthfeel: sweetish start with a slightly bitter end, high carbonation, super light body

Drinkability: For the style this is fairly good. I was surprised with how drinkable this is. There are other styles I would reach for first, but if I wanted a light lager, I could session these. Although watery, it seems like a good beer for outdoor work.

look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

pretty good for a lite beer

3.34/5  rDev +66.2%

Poured from 12oz bottle into pint glass while it's SUPER COLD!! THANKS COACH!

A- It looks really pale with a tiny white bubbly head that dissappears quickly

S- it smells a lot better than the miller light I just had. Some corn scents but also smells sweeter than most "lower class" beers

T- Hmmm I'm very surprised. It's significantly better than bud and miller lights. Sweet taste of corn but not really terrible

M- Feels like drinkin a fountain soda

O- For what beers this is compared too this is amazing! But to compare this to other beers isn't fair as it sucks in that regard. That being said, I'm going to compare this to Bud and Miller and give it a thumbs up

3.33/5  rDev +65.7%

Toasty, dry, slightly bitter (although not nearly as nasty-bitter as some of its contemporaries), softly tart/sour/acidic, corny, grainy, cardboardish.

It's not really worth describing the flavor, so let's talk about it.

It doesn't lack flavor as many would argue, and indeed what it has going for it overall is more bad than good, but that still leaves it somewhere in the middle as far as I am concerned. Hands down, Coors Light is not bad. Period. In the world of Light Lagers, it's got to be a top contender; in the world of all beer - ignoring stylistic guidelines - it just can't compete (and it's not supposed to). It's not fair for me to say it's boring or putrid because I like IPAs and RISs. Furthermore, I have had more undrinkable interesting-style beers (IPAs, Stouts, Pale Ales, Tripels, and so on) than undrinkable Light beers. Yes. Sure, the enjoyment/appreciation I can muster for the engineering behind a Light beer cannot even compare to the artistic/aesthetic enjoyment I derive from a tight Barleywine, but I would never expect it to; it's not supposed to. The volume and reproducibility that commercial breweries like Miller/Coors are able to achieve year after year, across the nation is spectacular even if one does not understand the sort of black magic that fermentation is.

In reviewing typically low-scoring-styled beers I am torn between judging the beer solely on style, or judging the beer solely on flavor/enjoyment, or where in between to judge. Coors Light is a great Light Lager and a decently drinkable beer (for those to whom (or times when) big flavor is not warranted) [sic, imbedded parenthesis, alright!]. In order to fit into the well worn standards on this site (I love BA, all hail, but really I'm not nitpicking) I am splitting my scoring between overall enjoyment in the whole world of all beer versus stylistic achievement. For this I rate Coors Light higher than average, but lower than I feel I ought to. I don't know what else to do.

On a less serious note, the mountains turn blue when it's cold enough to drink (sadly mine are grey), it has a vented wide mouth for ease of consumption (gulp), and it has a frost brew liner whatever the hell that is (it locks in the frost brewed taste, they say). They have a note to 'do something cool. Recycle.' I'm cool. Ooo!, get this, they also give you the calories (102), carbs (5), protein (0.7), and fat (sadly none). Word.

3.33/5  rDev +65.7%

You've seen all the other reviews for appearnce, smell, blah blah blah. In my opinion, this is THE best tasting macro in the united states. Not just the best tasting light beer, BUT the best tasting macro. Sure, it doesn't have a strong beer taste, but when compared with bud and miller which taste less like beer and more like urine (from what i've been told that urine tastes like anyway), Coors light will always be my choice in a macro. Clean, refreshing taste. Definitely an exeption among macros.

3.32/5  rDev +65.2%

I am going to review this with only light beers in mind. I like the high carbonation. I like to feel the bite when I drink my beer. Light don't have much in the taste and smell department, but as far as light beers go this has the best flavor to me. It feels good on the palate and is very east to drink on a hot afternoon.

3.31/5  rDev +64.7%

Best in it's class. Normally stock up on these fro parties and get-togethers. I'm not saying that I'm a diehard Coors fan but other beers in this section are much worse. Overall it's a very mild (watery) brew but the flavor is decent. Goes well with party foods. Not very aromatic but most people who stock up on coors don't care about that anyway. I approve.

3.3/5  rDev +64.2%

Poured from the bottle into a pint glass.

A - Typical of beers of its type. Light amber-yellow, minimal white head.

S - Little bit of malt, some corn, mostly the usual. But it has a bit of an Earthy smell that also appears in the taste.

T - Mostly the same tastes listed in the smell category. An Earthiness that I like. Doesn't appear in all other adjuncts.

M - Light, carbonated, drinkable. Kinda dry.

O - Not my favorite macro but it'll always do the trick. Decent stuff.

3.3/5  rDev +64.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Well, this is another beer, this was really difficult to drink. Why?. Because it has additives that make it really heavy in the palate, I mean, really annoying and far from being a refreshing beer. Seems like trying to get you out of beers. The colour was a little green and that speaks bad about a beer, and almost no foam.

3.29/5  rDev +63.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

of the major "Light" beers...this one IMHO has the best overall composite flavor

3.28/5  rDev +63.2%

"the silver bullet" good for 2 things, killin warewolves and pounding until you cant stand up. i like to take coors light tailgating because i can drink these things like water when im in a pinch for time. the taste is bland, not much flavor here so you dont mind it when it dribbles down you chin onto your shirt and then onto the ground. i have a late cousin that drank this religiously so ill crack one open in memory of him sometimes. all usefullness aside there's nothing special about coors light. i must say though when its ice cold i have been know to drink these like a bastard.

3.28/5  rDev +63.2%

A good light beer if you want to drink more than a few. Very light on the stomach, and has an almost chocolate taste. This beer is good for taking on a fishing trip or camping. Don't expect a great beer, but it is better than most light beers out there.

3.25/5  rDev +61.7%

It's okay as far as commercial light beer goes.

3.25/5  rDev +61.7%

Fizzy yellow pee looking.
Biscuit aroma.
Light biscuit flavor and very watery. Very refreshing.
Light, thin body.

I am very disappointed in some of the reviews of this beer made by the top reviewers. They disparage the people who give high ratings to these types of beers, as they are non-discriptive of the beers, however their reviews are no more helpful. Merely commenting on the beer's naming, or as waste is not an intelligent or helpful review.

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company