Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
Ratings: 4,570 | Reviews: 1,321
2.6/5  rDev +29.4%

Doing a review of the good old silver bullet. Went to the gas station and bout a 24 oz can. The mountains on the can are blue so I guess it's cold enough for me to drink...

This beer has an extremely light and pale color. And the head vanishes really fast. It does not have a corn or grain smell. It smells like water with a faint trace of hops. It does not really have a whole lot of taste. It tastes like water and it feels like seltzer water in the mouth. It's very easy to drink due to it's watery composition.

Don't buy this beer if you are seeking a flavorful beer. coors Light is really good for one thing and one thing only. Getting people intoxicated quickly. Coors Light is probably one of the easiest beers to drink, so that's why it's so popular in colleges I guess. I'm sure any one who went to college has drank a serious amount of Coors Light.

2.61/5  rDev +29.9%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

Not much other than a water taste.

2.61/5  rDev +29.9%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

For the longest time I avoided this stuff, I always had it at frat houses and other less than stellar places. It has recently in the past 6 months become one of my favorite adjuncts though and I'll tell you why.

Lets take a second and be honest with ourselves, this beer is not meant to be poured from the can into a glass. I did so for review purposes however and it is a pale yellow color, as almost all adjunct lagers are.
The nose of this beer is very strange, it has a kind of corn / syrupy smell, with no hops detectable what so ever.
The taste of this beer when cold is actually pretty good! It has a very watery almost alka seltzer feel in the mouth, but the taste is light and refreshing with most of the taste being cereal grains. It has more flavor than the weird taste of bud-light. The after taste makes me think of Cheerios.

My overall impression of this beer is this, it is a beer brewed to serve a purpose and I think that it does exactly what it was intended to do. It's not a beer for complex analysis, you won't be drinking this wondering what those hops were or what the malt used was. But it is refreshing and when served cold as recommended it can hit the spot if it's what you were after. It's simple and not offensive, and sometimes that's good enough. Although there are many beers I would consider better I can't say that there's anything inherently wrong with this one.

2.62/5  rDev +30.3%

A- Urine color; very carbonated. Just about no head whatsoever.

S- Sweet, malty, and grainy. Only the slightest scent of hops can be detected, only slight.

T- Sweeter than Bud Light/not as dry. Taste is identical to its smell: malty and grainy, with a touch of hops.

M- Almost like soda water.

D- Only water in my book can truly get a 5 in drinkability, so this beer gets a 4.5.

*- Out of the 3 major macro light lagers, my favorites are: Coors and Miller Light neck and neck, then Bud Light last. Non of these beers have real flavor profiles. These kinds of beer are advertised for their drinkabilty and how refreshing they are, and Coors Light is no exception. Coors Light claims to be the "most refreshing beer in the world", but honestly if all macro light lagers look and taste the same, how can Coors make that claim? Oh gimmicks! I can drink this beer fine without fussing, but then again I'm not out to call it stellar either.

2.62/5  rDev +30.3%

Poured into a shaker pint glass.

Look: Light straw yellow, so light it barely looks like beer. Fizzy white head that recedes to nothing with no lacing.

Aroma: Sweet adjuncts such as rice or corn barely come through.

Taste: Metallic, sweet, watery, no perceptible beer ingredients.

Mouthfeel: Watery, metallic, carbonated.

Overall: Really not very tasteful. The most metallic tasting adjunct lager I've had.

2.62/5  rDev +30.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

its coors light. goes down easy.

2.62/5  rDev +30.3%

Draft at Chilis in Sacramento. No head, and basically no smell either. Nothing bad, but just very bland. Taste is the same. Probably the lightest flavor of all the light beers I've had, and maybe why its drinkable. Refreshing when cold for sure, and no offensive flavors, but it basically tastes like water. There are definitey worse "good beers" out there that I'd pick this over, actually.

2.62/5  rDev +30.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

Its my go to beer when I am at a place that only serves big name beers. This is not a great beer by any means but an okay beer at a concert or sporting event. I buy this beer when i have to share with friends. I enjoy the fact that the mountains turn blue if the beer is cold.

2.62/5  rDev +30.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

I'm not going to bash this simply because it's a heavily marketed macrobrew.

Overall, the color seems rather pale, almost watery. The smell somewhat cooked. Overall, the taste is very watery at first -- leaving a nondescript, somewhat cooked grain aftertaste. The mouthfeel is similar to soda -- very bubbly. The head? Geez, don't remember it -- disappeared that fast.

Drinkability? I tried an 8 ounce can of this stuff -- which isn't exactly the best form of packaging to sample beer from -- but I have to tell you that based on my experience this stuff packs quite a punch. I really don't understand what's going on here. I enjoy beers like Anderson Valley's Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout -- and it doesn't affect me nearly as much as this stuff does. I felt sort of buzzed -- then got very tired afterwards in addition to getting a slight headache. Maybe the carbonation level is so high that it drives whatever alcohol is in here directly into your bloodstream -- like champagne does.

Again, I'm trying to be objective here -- but this corn flavored soda pop seems like some kind of fortified "Night Train" designed to get mulletheads bombed before they pile into their 4 x 4 pickups and Trans Ams. Blech.

2.63/5  rDev +30.8%

This beer sucks as far as most people on this sight are concerned. No one is going to read this review so I won't waist my time going into detail on it. But this beer does serve a purpose. Slamming C- on the beach is quite nice, and makes the fresman 15 non-existant. So, everyone knows we here on BA aren't supposed to like Coors Light, but dammit, everytime I drink this stuff I get laid so I can't totally bash it. As long as I'm shotgunning or beerbonging this stuff, it really isn't horrible

2.63/5  rDev +30.8%

I have to agree with many other reviewers...the Silver Bullet is hardly a wonderful taste sensation, but as far as American Macros, particularly Light beers, it's very smooth and drinkable. One of my favorite strategies to prolong a night of drinking is to alternate stronger beers with Coors Light...it cleanses the palate and keeps one fresh for more drinking...

Appearance and smell are typical of Light lagers, mouthfeel and drinkability a little above average...less (well almost none at all frankly) aftertaste than almost any other beer...

Great for sessions, of course. Hardly close to my favorite beer, but again, a nice respite between other beers....

2.63/5  rDev +30.8%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

Continuing on with my mini-tour of some of the bottom-of-the-list beers.

A- 12oz amber bottle poured to a pint glass with a bright, translucent pale golden yellow body. A half finger white cap crowns this lager with a highly fizzy texture. This head has almost no retention as bubbles race out of solution. Lacing is very spotty.

S- Clean when cold, almost nothing to talk about besides diluted bread, corn and seltzer. Warming brings only a bit off that light lager funk out for me; less compared to Yuengling Light, Miller Light and Miller 64.

T- Cleaner than the brews mentioned above in the aroma. Cracked grains and corn with slight bread, fruit and hops. The super high carbonation lends some flavor that you would find in a plain seltzer, carbonic.

MF- A body that is about as light as it gets for any beer with carbonation that is very high. Foams and fizzes up on the taste buds probably to distract and take away from flavors present. Seltzer light lager body with slight creaminess. Really okay for the style.

Cleaner than the three beers I have mentioned above and perhaps second to Sam Adams Light for this style so far for me. There actually is some flavor of grain and yeast without much of that light lager off-flavor.

2.63/5  rDev +30.8%

New to the site and have to start somewhere. The only good thing to say is that it is a good beer for long afternoons or evenings when I am looking for something light and it is available. I can start out drinking a Coors light but if I switch from a different beer, I find it has a very sharp or bitter taste. Best ice cold "guess it helps deaden the taste buds"

2.63/5  rDev +30.8%

This review is, as recommended as a BA, conducted UNDERSTANDING the STYLE. For the basic American Adjunct Lager, it's passable. Pours a light yellow color, with small to no head (depending on pour) and little lacing. Smell is unremarkable, as is taste, but it is a cool refreshing AMERICAN ADJUNCT LAGER, and if one can accept it for what it is, then good. This is a decent cheap beer to enjoy when at a ballpark, out at a BBQ or picnic or family gathering where beer snobbery/"more educated palates" do not prevail. If you want a good cheap beer to pound down when the weather is hot, or the action is going....this one will do. Nothing fantastic, but passable...

2.63/5  rDev +30.8%

A couple of my pals swear by it I don't know why.
When ice cold it's refreshing which is good since
it's over 80F. much of the year down here. It has
more taste than most other light beers but that's
really not saying much.

For something so watered down, we may as well get
Bud Light or as we jokingly call it in the valley
Bood Light, basically I only drink this when it's
over 90 degrees F and I don't want to get a buzz,
and if it's comp'd. I appreciate good beer if I'm
looking to save a few$ I'll get High Life in cans

2.63/5  rDev +30.8%

Light and refreshing. It's cheap and you can find it anywhere. Definitely better beer out there, but an ok light beer.

2.64/5  rDev +31.3%

obviously a straw yellow. almost like bud light, but even more watered down. fizzy head recedes right away, no lacing. not much to say about this beer other than comparing it to a bud light but even more watered down, with slight amount of citrus, on the nose and tongue.

2.65/5  rDev +31.8%

I don't really think this beer serves any purpose other than freezing your tongue off. It some time has hints of banana which is on and off sometimes. I think this beer is way better than a busch though. Still, this beer is just for lame parties. They should stop bragging about how cold their beer is and maybe work on some of the flavor or smoothness.

2.65/5  rDev +31.8%

A- Bland yellow/gold. Head is non existant after about 30 seconds. Lighter color than most of your light beers. The can is cool looking though.

S- Very light hop smell. Nothing more, nothing less.

T- Tastes just like most BMC products. Very watered down and nothing jumps out at you. Tiny bit of malt taste.

M- Overly carbonated, but enhances the watery taste some.

D- Drinkable if you want to drink a case or 2 in a night, but otherwise terrible beer.

2.65/5  rDev +31.8%

The aroma has a hay/grapefruitthing happening. The head is gone within a few moments. It looks like a flat apple cider. Not much taste but goes down easy. I'd buy this beer again when money is tight and I just need to keep a cold beer in my hands all night long.

2.65/5  rDev +31.8%

Coor Light pours a light straw from a 24oz can. Head is about one finger for an instant, then goes completely.

Nose is a damp rice with little else. Palate is astringent with a slight bitter hops, and the carbonation bite.

A light Beer with appeal to the masses and done well for what it is. There is not a lot going on here to embellish so if your drinking this Beer because you like it, then enjoy, you could be doing worse.

2.65/5  rDev +31.8%

I fully recognize the fact that Coors Light isn't a great beer, or probably even a good beer, but its still a beer that I really enjoy. I practically grew up drinking Coors Light, and have found it to be a reliable, easy-to-drink kind of beer. The aroma and appearence are fairly less than average, and the taste is even slightly below average. Still, an ice cold Coors Light always goes down easy and has a high level of drinkability. For me Coors Light is the perfect cheap macrobrew to beat the heat in the summer.

2.65/5  rDev +31.8%

Appearance is like Evian with a drop of yellow. No head. No lacing. The aroma contains a skunky sulfur scent that is not promising. It smells like someone showed it a picture of a hop blossom. This is one watery “beer” – the taste is sweet, with a hint of banana and malt, some hops, citrus and grain. I would have expected that the flavor would have made up for the lack of alcohol, but BOY was I wrong.

2.65/5  rDev +31.8%
look: 1.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 3

Classic volume beer. Not much else.

2.66/5  rDev +32.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

The Silver Bullet...

Appearance: Surprisingly good, I had a decent amount of foam with some good lace and the color was a nice gold, surprising.

Smell: You can already smell the metallic coming through, not good but actually not terrible either, I've smelled worse.

Taste: Light, smooth but metallicy. Drinkable but sweet and goes down really fast which is good or bad depending on the type of drinker I guess. I wasn't that impressed.

Mouthfeel: Again sweet and fast but actually smooth, not too bad.

Drinkability: Christ you can have twenty in an hour, great for those just looking for that, but as they say, why bother?

Overall: Not too bad for what it is, easily drinkable, inexpensive, surprisingly solid. Nothing more than that.

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company