Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,216 | Hads: 4,746
2.88/5  rDev +41.2%

Pours a very light gold color, with a head that has evaporated before I finished writing this sentance. Almost no smell to speak of. On the other hand, it has a high drinkablilty, but this is probably due to its low alcohol content. The taste of the rockies is actually rather bland and ordinary.

2.88/5  rDev +41.2%

12 oz can poured into a Rock Creek Pale Ale pint glass.

A - Pours clear piss yellow with two fingers of head that dissapates in a few seconds. Lacing? Hahahaha... no.

S - Wow. I don't think I've ever smelled this beer before... it reminds me of a locker room - sweaty cabbage gym sock smell

T - there is suprisingly little taste. I taste a slight maltiness with no other aftertastes. This beer is the closest thing to water that I've ever had. For this reason, it is my favorite of the "light" beers. Great for beirut or any other non BA sanctioned drinking game.

M - nonexistent. It just washes whatever was in your mouth down your throat.

D - Exceptional. You could easily drink six of these and be none the wiser. I'm not saying this is a good beer, but it IS very drinkable, due to its close resemblance to water and minimal aftertaste.

2.88/5  rDev +41.2%

I'm gonna rate this beer as light beer the way it should be. If you rate this beer against other types or styles of beers your in idiot. As light beer compared to the other two its very very light with a watery look, very pale even more then bud and miller. The head foams and goes away like most light beers with no to little head left. The smell is a little sweetness, corn or some mix of veggies. The taste is a little sweet up front with the corn and veggie mix coming through midway, ending in a little bitterness maybe from the hops haha. Bud light and miller are sweeter, this is a little more tame on the sweetness and has a little bitter bite on the back end that makes me like it better then b/m. The mouthfeel along with the taste are water of course right, it is light beer. I mean this beer is still beer enough for me to enjoy it at a party, bbq, beach. I don't care how much people hate this shit or say its not craft beer I can't drink it, ill drink this any day on a beach or just simply throwing back cans with friends. Other then that though ill take some good beer to enjoy around the house hanging with the girl

2.88/5  rDev +41.2%

Considering what this is, it's really not bad. To me, it doesn't taste bad for a light beer, and it seems to have more flavor than the Bud and Miller versions. There certainly are higher quality beers out there, but when you're buying a few cases for a cookout or some other type of get-together, that better stuff can get cost-prohibitive. Like other folks I know, I save the costly micros for more intimate gatherings. Coors Light on the other hand appeals to the masses, it has a decent buzz factor, it's relatively inexpensive, and for what it is, it could taste a hell of a lot worse.

Pint from Richmond Bar and Grill in El Segundo

Pour was a golden yellow with a foamy head almost an inch thick

Smell was barley and yeast and not very good

Taste is decent for a light beer

Could drink about thirty of these if somebody wanted to, super super light beer

2.89/5  rDev +41.7%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

I much prefer the taste over most other domestic mass produced beer. Cold on a hot day, or with some cheap wings watching a game. Not the worst thing in the world.

2.9/5  rDev +42.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

Poured from a 24oz can into a pint glass.

Appearance/Smell - Appears a bright clear yellow. No head, and sudsy spotty lacing. Medium-high carbonation. Smells of citrus grape & apple, along with very clean rice and grain. No hops, bright grape/apple aroma dominates.

Taste/Mouthfeel - Tastes very clean with citrus and grape/apple flavors. Rice, no hops and very lite. Not much changes as it warms. Mouthfeel is crisp and lite bodied. Medium-high carbonation, and goes down lite and watery.

Drinkability/Final thoughts - Highly drinkable, nothing offensive unless you don't like that sort of crisp grape/apple like flavor. I was impressed by how well the carbonation held throughout (Didn't get flat!) Well, its easy to drink, affordable & not offensive. If your into lite beers, Id say go ahead and give it a try. Not bad.

2.9/5  rDev +42.2%

Pours a very light yellow, some head, little to no lacing on glass.

Smells slightly grassy, slightly like a glass of water, very light hop presence.

Tastes very watered down, like I would be able to play beer pong with it or chug it without having any issues whatsoever. Very little mouthfeel, this beer is meant to be drank ice cold as implied with the cold indicator on the can unlike most beers that I drink. Very clean of any could be undesirable flavors because hey, there is not a whole lot of flavor in the beer. Not a secret.

Tap the Rockies!

2.9/5  rDev +42.2%

this is a typical american "bad" beer a cheap and efficient way to beat the heat, or get slammed. Since this is my first review i'll try to be brief and somewhat educated.

A- very light yellow, and non-existant head

S- Nothing really, just a little skunky water/metallic after effect

T- watery, water, watersized, although it is def. a very drinkable beer, slight hints of roasted corn and foamy malt.

D-as always incredibly easy to down, and will continue to be. My personal favorite of the bottom run Macro-beers, buy it for a party or a lonely night

2.91/5  rDev +42.6%

A: This beer is about as clear as they get. Even less color than say a Miller Lite or Bud Light.

S: Smells like all the other light lagers.

T: Tastes very light with a little more sweetness that comes through when its cold.

M: Like water. I like water.

D: Coors Light is absolutely nothing special aside from the fact that when you've just mowed the lawn or worked a long day and you just want a cheap, light, beer that is refreshing and just about nothing else it tastes great. Coors Light has none of the "off" tastes that sometimes I feel Bud and Miller have. All in all, if I want to drink a light, cheap beer I'll reach for this. Any other time, I'll drink better.

2.93/5  rDev +43.6%

This Coors light that I downed was in draught form and brewed under licence in Canada. It had a much fuller body than I had anticipated, medium golden in colour, well balanced with low carbonation. There was a very light head, and no after taste. I enjoyed it.

2.93/5  rDev +43.6%

Pours a very clear, pale yellow with a decent, but short-lived head that recedes very quickly to absolutely nothing.

Grainy and doughy aroma with hints of sour fruit and sulfur.

Sweet fruity taste upfront with carbonation that zips along. There's a grain flavor in the finish that's light and fluffy and reminds me of cake.

Eh, why not? It doesn't taste that bad, and I could definitely knock a couple back if someone was passing them out.

2.93/5  rDev +43.6%

Average, even for a macro lager. Pours a very light straw color with no lacing, but nice head. Has a slightly sour/skunky smell to it. Decent malt taste, but nothing great, a little on the sour side. Goes down fine, with quite a bit of carbonation. Average overall for a macro. Compared to just about anything else it would be even worse.

2.93/5  rDev +43.6%

I had this beer in the bottle this time and I don’t know there is just something I like about this beer. It’s not very complex and it’s unexciting at best but I can drink them all night and not want to stop. Most beers like this make me tired and sick but this one seems crisper. In the end I wouldn’t choose it over many of the beers out there but it is a great substitute for a glass of water.

2.93/5  rDev +43.6%

Pours a pale yellow color with a finger of head that falls to a very light coating over top of the brew. What I was expecting from a light beer. Nose is fairly sweet, almost sugary sweet, with a very light grainy character. Flavor is a little sparse. Light corn-sugary sweetness with whisps of grainy/huskyness. Feel is very light and watery. Carbonation is very active. As far as a macro light lager goes, this is my choice. It really has nothing that offends me for the style. Quite drinkable.

2.94/5  rDev +44.1%

Water please? This is such a watered down beer, flavorless. My wife drinks this and prefers it from the bottle. If I had to choose to drink this it would be from tap only. This would be the last choice of beers to drink. Besides schlitz lol. I dont want to seem like im ripping it apart but this is not a beer to sit down and drink over and over again.

2.94/5  rDev +44.1%

*** Disclaimer: I am not a Light Lager fan but I tried to rate this based on the style and not relative to my personal taste ***

Pale straw color with little to no white colored head. If there is a decent amount of head there is no retention. All in all the color is clear and crisp.

Basically none. There is a faint hint of grain, namely a rice smell.

Medium carbonation very a very light crisp body. There is a slight taste of hops but the carbonation tends to 'overpower' the hops.

So as I said I am not a big fan of this style but I am trying to increase my knowledge of the different styles. I feel this beer is a middle of the road light lager.

2.95/5  rDev +44.6%

This is the best light beer of all of the big three beer brands. It has a refreshing taste and a better smell than that of Bud Light and Miller Light. Much more drinkable than the previous two as well as a much better mouthfeel. A good solid beer at a reasonable price.

2.95/5  rDev +44.6%

This was my beer of choice in my college days, mainly for the price and because it was better than the ones that we had available that were even cheaper. It was a good balance of cost vs. quality in those days. Plus, this was before so many micros came on the market, so the choices were less.

When I had this today I noticed that it was a slightly darker yellow than what I remembered, not as watery as I had expected it to look. The head was quite short, though.

The aroma was slightly sweet, no hops to speak of.

The taste was a bland watery malt taste. About what I remembered, which is why I could chug these down so easily back then.

Not a bad beer for the price. Not a good beer for the price, either, though.

2.95/5  rDev +44.6%

Poured into a pint glass.

A: Very light blonde color with a hazy, carbonated look.

S: Smells like beer. Nothing unique stands out to give it any distinctness.

T: The taste of light beer. You have a hint of hops but with a light aftertaste. It is quite similar to Miller lite but taste a little more watery. Aftertaste doesn't stay with you too long.

M&D: It has a carbonated and thin feel to the mouth. A drinkable beer especially in the summer.

This is a beer I would drink for a light american lager.

2.95/5  rDev +44.6%

This beer is meant to be a cold refreshing beer, and it is just that. This is a beer that is to be drank on a hot, sunny day. It doesn't have a strong flavor, and it's not very malty. It is a thin, refreshing beer in order to quench a thirst.
This can also be considerty beer for a party. It goes down easy and is a better choice than many others out there.

2.96/5  rDev +45.1%

Found this one in my fridge so I figured it's about time I reviewed it.

Pours a very very pale yellow color. It's actually even more pale than I thought it was. Bit of an alcohol smell to it. Pretty weak taste, not a lot of flavor. Not a bad taste, but it leaves a bit to be desired. Smooth drinking beer. This beer is probably best consumed in quantity.

2.96/5  rDev +45.1%

I'm ashamed to say it, but, WOW. This beer isn't terrible. For me, talking about a BMC beer, let alone a LIGHT beer, that is high praise indeed. Not terrible. Infact, I could see myself drinking this beer with no complaints if the right social situation were to arise (or if it was cheap enough on tap). I mean, I never would seek it out, but, the old silver bullet never fails. Goes down quick and smooth, and I'll have another thank you very much.
I'm suprised as to how drinkable this beer was.
Certainly not good, and if you've got micros around, DRINK THEM!!! But, for what it is, ain't bad, ain't bad at all.

2.96/5  rDev +45.1%

Well you know, cheap and easy to drink but not a great tasting beer. Light body, no head, plenty of corn and rice though. For cheap shit it works. I will have on hand for my friends that do appricate the good stuff.

2.97/5  rDev +45.6%

Mmmm, the silver bullet. A train flailing snow all over the place just rushed through my living room and left scantily clad hotties in it's wake. Nice.

Pours a crystal clear pale yellow color with a brief flash of foam that is gone before I could even take a sniff. No lacing either.

Smell is a husky, grainy light malt with some corn thrown in. A few metallic notes are present. Very faint scent and quite nearly smells like nothing. Not impressive, but it is not foul either.

Taste is equally neutral. It does not give me the gag reflex that bud light and miller light sometimes do. The carbonation is about the most flavorful part of this beer, with a few mild notes of malt and corn. This is not a bad brew for hot summer days at the ballpark or after yardwork. I prefer it over any of the other BMC light beer offerings.

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company