Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,194 | Hads: 4,598
2.96/5  rDev +41.6%

I'm ashamed to say it, but, WOW. This beer isn't terrible. For me, talking about a BMC beer, let alone a LIGHT beer, that is high praise indeed. Not terrible. Infact, I could see myself drinking this beer with no complaints if the right social situation were to arise (or if it was cheap enough on tap). I mean, I never would seek it out, but, the old silver bullet never fails. Goes down quick and smooth, and I'll have another thank you very much.
I'm suprised as to how drinkable this beer was.
Certainly not good, and if you've got micros around, DRINK THEM!!! But, for what it is, ain't bad, ain't bad at all. (617 characters)

2.96/5  rDev +41.6%

Well you know, cheap and easy to drink but not a great tasting beer. Light body, no head, plenty of corn and rice though. For cheap shit it works. I will have on hand for my friends that do appricate the good stuff. (218 characters)

2.97/5  rDev +42.1%

Mmmm, the silver bullet. A train flailing snow all over the place just rushed through my living room and left scantily clad hotties in it's wake. Nice.

Pours a crystal clear pale yellow color with a brief flash of foam that is gone before I could even take a sniff. No lacing either.

Smell is a husky, grainy light malt with some corn thrown in. A few metallic notes are present. Very faint scent and quite nearly smells like nothing. Not impressive, but it is not foul either.

Taste is equally neutral. It does not give me the gag reflex that bud light and miller light sometimes do. The carbonation is about the most flavorful part of this beer, with a few mild notes of malt and corn. This is not a bad brew for hot summer days at the ballpark or after yardwork. I prefer it over any of the other BMC light beer offerings. (828 characters)

2.97/5  rDev +42.1%

Coors Light pours a translucent straw color, lighter than the average AAL, and has very little semblance of a head, its more of a fizzy soda-like body. The vented can deal is one of the few gimmicks I've seen that really make a difference; it allows for an exceptionally smooth pour, with zero glugging. As to the beer itself, it is a very mild brew with scant aroma or flavor. What is to be found in this brew is a clean, crisp mineral note, a sweet floral hint and very light grain nuances. The feel is like sparkling water, which is not unusual for the style. Overall, this is a reasonably inoffensive brew as long as it is cold. The one thing I am noticing here is that the brew seems to degrade in quality the closer it gets to room temp. (743 characters)

2.97/5  rDev +42.1%

Pours very light. No head to speak of. Average light beer. Nothing great. Flavor is a bit sweet,but light. Mouthfeel is a bit fizzy,but ok. Goes down pretty easy on a warm summers day. Would'nt run out and buy a 12 pack though. I think Miller Lite is a better beer for the money. (279 characters)

Served in a pint glass

I usually don't review Quizzo beers, but since I've yet to review it I see no is as good of a time as any. This beer pours clear...I think there might be some yellow in there, but it really just looks like water. The smell has the adjunct aromas, but they actually aren't really that off-putting in fact they might be construed by some as sweet. Though the aroma is fairly non-existent in the first place, which I've learned isn't really all that bad. The taste is a light lager, there's not really anything too it. It served it's purpose as cold beer...God help you if you let it warm up. It's really easy to drink it, goes down smooth. It really is best enjoy if you really don't focus on what you are drinking and just drink it. The subtle imperfections will go unnoticed. The problem is I was looking for all of them. It still will be my go to beer if I'm forced to pick a BMC product, but since that's not the case (thank God for that!), I'll leave it on the shelves for the people who don't know any better. (1,037 characters)

2.98/5  rDev +42.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

A nice pillowy white head formed and actually lingered for a fair while. The colour was a pale lemon/gold, and it was absolutely clear. The carbonation looks nice.

On the nose, some slightly floral elements are apparent. I do find a tiny bit of sulfur, with some vegetable.

The flavour is fresh and clean. There is a light citrus in there, along with a bit of mild hops bitterness at the end. The tiniest hint of tropical is a bit out of place.

The mouthfeel is light but smooth, and refreshingly carbonated.

I can't believe it, but I actually like this beer. It must be my favourite of the big-name American macros. Wow. It's surprisingly drinkable. (662 characters)

2.98/5  rDev +42.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 3.5

I came to this websight to check out if there was any info with regards to the making of the mass produced bud,miller,coors light. I found nothing relevant. It is interesting that everyone is comparing the silver bullet to their best pilsners. Give me break, this is a go to beer when it's hotter than hell and I find it to be the best of the three lights. I swear I can taste banana oil, hmmm?

Anyway this is the beer I use to clean my pallet between tasting of my home brew. Kind of like ginger between a sushi roll. (520 characters)

2.99/5  rDev +43.1%

Alright, it's the third installation of our "Cheap Beer Game Night." Tonight it's Coors Light and Steel Reserve 211. Here's the first...

Pours a very thin crystal clear yellow with a small white head on top. Retention is zilch and there is no sticky lacing at all. Smells of grains, piss, and lemons.

The mouth is bubbly spritzy. This is a thirst quencher for sure. Flavor is of mild corn and grains. This is very watered-down and simple, as it should be. This isn't the worst beer I've ever had, but I won't make it a regular that's for sure. (546 characters)

Pours a pale golden color with a loose, bubbly head that quickly fades. The nose is grainy and grassy. The taste is grainy, but has a decent hop character. The mouthfeel is super light, a little heavily carbonated, and smooth.

Of all the macros out there this is one of the better ones. It's smooth and crisp and doesn't have any of the metallic off flavors that you often find in this style. (393 characters)

A wide-mouthed can, complete with a color strip telling me that the beer is cold enough. My hand told me that too.

A: While consumed from a can, the pale color is undeniable. A thin head, evident from the first cracking of the can, is just that - thin.

S: The nose is boring, light grains, not even biscuity, and something resembling hops. A little bit of life, just what I'd expect.

T: Bland but fizzy, giving the appearance of flavor. Light and inoffensive, the lager is boring. Biscuits, adjuncts and a bit of hops, none of which scale to the level of enjoyable. I do like the wide mouth though, pours nice and smooth.

M: Watery and light, the lager doesn't bring anything to the table. One's good enough for me. (719 characters)

Yeah, I'm one of those people who rate to style. So sue me. In fact I could have copied and pasted the BJCP style guideline for this style and had my review here, as this brew meets the guidelines almost perfectly. Fortunately I'm not quite that lazy.

Poured into a pint shaker at my home. Pours a crystal clear extremely pale yellow. Lily white head that fades quickly.

The aroma is a faint malt graininess with a whiff of corn, just as one would expect. There are no hops to speak of, nor should there be for this style.

The taste mimics the smell. There's a slight hint of grainy flavor, along with a bit of corn-like sweetness. The high level of carbonation gives it a bit of "zing", which keeps the beer from being too sweet. Otherwise (again, as expected) there's little here to get in the way of refreshment.

The mouthfeel is water-thin. And that, as you probably guessed, is exactly as i t should be for the style.

Is this a world beater? Not by any means. Is it the worst thing ever marketed as beer? Not by a long shot. In fact, I've had many that were much, much worse, in styles that are much more akin to what Beer Advocates are prone to drink. Shooting for mediocrity and hitting the bullseye still means you end up with a better beer (and better review score) than shooting for greatness and falling completely on your face. You get no bonus points for what you *meant* your beer to taste like. While it's popular to bash on macros here, this is a well made example of a style that is wildly popular among the beer drinkers of the country. Not great, not horrible. And let's face it, if you really need to read a review to get an idea what Coors Light tastes like, you should probably get out more. (1,721 characters)

293rd Review
Bottle to hatch
"Enjoyed" at Krystle in Dublin
Vintage: Unsure, but the mountains were blue so this beer was ready to drink

A: Brown bottle so I cannot speak to these details. Not sure on head either as it went straight down the pipe.

S: Smells like the Rockies!

T: Tastes like the Rockies! Cold. Crisp. Refreshing.

M: Light body with appropriate carbonation.

O: When I miss home, I drink a Coors Light. There’s something beautiful and brilliant about being half way across the world and enjoying a product from Golden, Colorado. (550 characters)

All beer snobbery aside, this is still my go-to for domestic beer when out at a club that doesn't serve "good" beer. Compared to the other big boys like Bud Light, Miller Lite, et. al., this is by far my favorite. For all categories I rate it 3.0 - average, because that's what you'll get from Coors Light. Your average American Light Beer. Nothing more, nothing less. (368 characters)

Poured from 12oz. can into a pint glass. Taken from notes.

I'm reviewing this on a curve, because it is an adjunct beer, so it is being compared to other adjunct beers and not craft beers.

A: Looks exactly the same as Bud Light and Miller Lite. Very pale, clear, light piss yellow. The 2 fingers of fake carbonation rises up and falls almost just as quickly, like soda, but maybe slightly more tight and foamy.

S: Corn. No hops, no malts. Has almost zero aroma.

T: Water and boiled corn. Nothing else to it.

M: Crisp and refreshing, overly carbonated, like every other adjunct designed to be consumed by the masses.

O: I drink this when I can't find craft beer or even Rolling Rock. I'll generally choose this over Bud Light or Miller Lite when given the option of the three.

Not a great beer, not even a great adjunct, but in my opinion it's probably slightly the better of the big 3 light beers. Sometimes i pick up a case of this for a long cheap session when the selection is all adjunct and none of the slightly rarer adjuncts are available (such as my first go-to adjunct Rolling Rock). (1,099 characters)

Delicate flavours to say the least. There are no flaws in this beer but it is truly mild. Nice accompaniment to a hot humid day. People always dis on these kinds of beers, but I've had many good times where something this light is just what is called for. (255 characters)

Poured from a can into a stein glass.

Look - extremely pale straw color, extremely clear, with almost no foam, good carbonation.

Smell - typical light lager smell. A little malty, but barely anything there at all.

Taste and Mouthfeel - a bit refreshing, but otherwise not much taste. Mostly just "cereal" like in taste. Texture is pretty well balanced, but typical of this style. It has a bit of a muskiness that is also typical of the style.

Overall - nothing surprising about this one. It looks like a light lager, it tastes like one too. (545 characters)

I can't believe I am reviewing Coors Light, more unbelievable than that is the fact that I am reviewing it from my desk at work. The Christmas party justed ended, and I am waiting for the whistle to blow. Pours a clear yellow color, mild light taste with no bitterness to speak of. Nothing to dislike really, but nothing to really like. I should have brought in my own beer. (374 characters)

3.02/5  rDev +44.5%

A pale thin yellow beer, very clear with a light off white head that dissipates quickly. After about a minute there is nothing left on top and the only pretty thing to look at is an errant carbonation bubble here and there.

Smell is metallic, slightly malty with not much else.

Taste is not offensive but very mild. There is a stale grain flavor with a slight sweetness that is all washed out by a watery nothingness. That being said its mildly refreshing when its ice, ice cold. In fact when its super cold its quite bearable but almost undrinkable as it warms above 45.

This is a between a great beer beer. One to cleanse your pallet and keep your buzz when you can't find a bottle of water. I could drink this when I've got important tasks to do like light engine work or pulmonary surgery. (796 characters)

3.03/5  rDev +45%

Someone bought these for me, and I enjoyed as much I could

A- Nice bottle with cold-reacting colors to let you know if beer is cold (a must with light beer). Beer looks clean.

S- Smells OK in a bottle with some malty scents

T- Tastes like wheat to me, but hard to notice any flavor

M- Feels like water with some carbonation

D- Drinks like water with some carbonation (371 characters)

3.04/5  rDev +45.5%

Poured from a tall boy into a pint glass. Pours a fluorescent yellow and resolves into a very pale yellow straw once the bubbles are gone, with a big white head that recedes leaving no lace and just a smattering of surface bubbles. Faint corny aroma. That pretty much describes the taste too - faint. It does have a slight malty aftertaste that comes through after a while. No obvious hops or alcohol to be found.

Yeah, it's a cheap American light lager, but I can't pan it. It's a cheap American light lager - you get exactly what you expect. As far as they go, it's pretty unobjectionable. (592 characters)

3.04/5  rDev +45.5%

Poured from a can into nonik bearing lots of white frothy foam that finely laces the glass as it diminishes to a broken layer over a clear beer with a light golden hue having visible bubbles rising throughout
Aroma of bread soaked with malted cider, then if anything, slight alcohol
First sip starts out watery followed by a lightly sweet in-between light/med body brew
Hops IBU’s must be hovering the human threshold somewhere below 15 since they are detected and quickly vanish in short duration
Brewed to be light in calories makes it what it is – thanks to science - to me it’s a
Clean refreshing malted beverage to cleanse the palate at the end of the sessions

Yes you can try this at home (706 characters)

3.04/5  rDev +45.5%

This is the ultimate softball beer. If you dont wanna taste that ichy liquid known as water then subsitute Gatorade or Coors Light. No taste. Nothing to complain about. I swear they dont even put alcohol in these because I can drink 20 and still be standing. WARNING: You will pee constantly. (292 characters)

3.04/5  rDev +45.5%

One of my favorite jokes is; Coors Light is like having sex in a canoe, it's f%#$ing near water.

I can notice the difference between this and beers like Miller Lite right away. I will only have Coors Light when I'm having more than 6 beers in a day/night. The color is so light, there's hardly any head, it's just weak. Not to mention they make such a big deal about frost brewed, and blue mountains, and other silly marketing ideas. Does anyone really want a train bringing snow when they open a beer? (504 characters)

3.05/5  rDev +45.9%

I am reviewing this with respect to peers, not against every beer out there.

Appearance: Marginal, weak golden hue; 2-finger head takes its time to dissipate

Smell: Water with light generic beer smell

Taste: Watered malt, no hop

Mouthfeel: Smoother than other lights, lends some crisp character, micro-bubbles rush into mouth

Overall: A leader among light, US lagers and the official beer of my Uncle Jimmy; a craft enthusiast will not enjoy this as much (459 characters)

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company