Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
Ratings: 4,568 | Reviews: 1,320

Words cannot describe my utter dislike for this brew. If this were the only beer available at a party, I would rather not drink. The taste is awful, the appearance is as close to club soda as you can get, the mouthfeel is awfully sour, and drinkability next to impossible. A true macro crap beer.

Wow that new frost liner really works, I guess, I pour beer into a glass. However, first sip can't you taste the Rockie Montains? Well if you can your taste buds are way better then mine. The beer poured an unappealing light yellow that looks almost clear. The smell and taste where almost non-existant. The mouthfeel was light was felt like I was drinking spoiled water. I had to dump this beer because each sip made me cringe.

I got this can of beer at a party once. It's the standard story of how everybody gets suckered into getting a coors lite. You goto a friends house who has friends over and you assume they are all drinking good beer. Without looking around you get handed a can of beer and its coors lite. you don't want to seem like an elitist prick so you attempt to drink the can of over carbonated piss water.

appearance: can had blue mountains, which means it's as cold as the rockies. i assume this is to mask any flavor it may possibly have.

smell: well being as its so overcarbonated, i got a great smell as the carbonation found its way into my nose. it smelled like "that old beer smell" you know how beer smells after its been poured on your clothes and kept in the bottom of a laundry hamper for 3 days? that beer smell.

taste: beer flavored water is the best i can describe it. it was horrible, did i mention about the carbonation yet? it seemed like every drink i shook it up. horrible horrible stuff

mouthfeel: way over carbonated and felt like water. again, horrible stuff.

drinkability: none at all. after the third gulp i wanted to throw up again and again. it was just too much carbonation to drink. so disgusting, i would never drink that again.

What can i say its the worst beer i've ever had for me its the lowest of the lows and it saddens me for it to be one of the highest selling beers in the country. It pours a pale straw yellow. Tastes like water and some malt. Smells like water (nothing) and overall its just a beer made for college students.

Coors Light not good
Almost no head at all.
The body is light, almost clear.
The taste is that of South Dakota tap water.
I used it one time at a beer tasting to cleanse my tastebudds

"I do like the nice shiney can"

This is quite possible the worst beer I have ever had the privelage to partake of. This was drunk straight from the can, to save myself from the apperance! This smells like water, with some bad beer falvoring added into the mix, and it tastes the same as it smells! In fact this tastes even worse in cans than it does in bottles! This has no mouthfeel, as it is pure water, and the drinkability is low beacuse it just tastes bad. Why Bother. Hey I am young, and I am in college, but still, just quit smoking, or buy less cds and get some GOOD BEER, don't make your body drink this god awful brew!!!!
good day sirs!
F

This is proof positive that advertising does pay. Why else would anyone buy this crap??? It has a very watery taste with a hint of skunk. I think Odouls is closer to being beer than this..uh...beverage...(I almost called it a beer..oops!).

good maybe for cooking nothing else

This is unfortunately what some friends and family think is beer, and whats more they serve it to company. Is it bad manors to bring your own whenever you visit. Coors has no flavor, its aroma is unimpressive as is its appearance. How anyone can drink this is beyond me. Give me an arrogant bastard any day now that's a real beer.

Probably the first beer I ever had, and I thought it was great...then I grew some taste buds and...

A - Can o slightly yellow water

S - nothing to report...

T - none...

M - Perfect for mowing the yard.

O - Cheap. Good on a hot day. Does not quite set the benchmark for the worst beer ever, but its close.

Water anyone? Just another utterly weak nearly flavorless light beer. Kind of like if you pack a glass to the top with ice cubes then drop in a shot or two of regular Coors and walk away long enough for the ice to melt. Ta-da, Coors Light. The only saving grace is there's really nothing to be offended by. Something would have to be in it in order for you to ask for something to take out of it.

water nuff said

BA tells you to always write something critically informative about a beer, so I will start with my thesis and then elaborate on it. Quite simply put, this is the worst beer I've ever tasted. It pours a terribly pale yellow with tons of rapidly receding foam head. The smell was mostly corn, as is the taste, which has so much starchy sweetness from whatever they put in it that it has actually succeeded in being the only beer that triggers my gag reflex. So why did i drink this? Because this is what gets served at house parties where people dont have lots of money and need beer to play some beiruit. Seeing as how this is the only beer that has consistently made me choke every time I drink it, I cannot give it more than a 1 for any single aspect of it. But hey, its cheap...

1.02/5  rDev -49.3%

I was in Golden so of course I had to go! Well, its been a while since I had a coors light, I remember a soapy taste. Well, this time it was very watery. It didn't taste like much and there was no aroma. The overall what no so good but I knew what I was getting myself into.

1.03/5  rDev -48.8%

I had the displeasure of having this one at a Halloween party. It was free, all that was available and I felt I should drink a beer on Halloween. Next time I'll just have water.
Piss yellow with a scant faint fizzy head. Served in a plastic cup.
I would prefer no aroma to the grainy bitter aroma of the Silver Bullett.
At some point in my life I remember eating uncooked corn straight from the cob. That's what this beer taste like.
Water has more body than this beer.
I poured it out at half of a cup. This is bad by even BMC standards. The reason they want you to drink it so cold is to mask the horrible flavors of the beer.

1.03/5  rDev -48.8%

Oh my this is not good! I just tried this right after a Bud light and found it to be even less drinkable. No real smell to speak of, but taste...hint of banana, slight lemon after taste...hops???, I can't detect them. This is a really bad brew(no where on the can does it say beer).

1.03/5  rDev -48.8%

I will never drink this again.

1.03/5  rDev -48.8%

I've got a limmerick and a haiku that express everything I could ever want to say about this beer:

(1)
There's this thing called Coors Light
that's never tasted quite right.
They claim that it's beer,
but that's a fallacy I fear.
It's more like pee with a bite.

(2)
I drank some Coors Light --
terrible, ghastly, painful
flavor in my mouth.

1.03/5  rDev -48.8%

Nothing special to report. There's bad beer and then there's terrible beer. This is somewhere beneath both of them, the bastard child that only advertising and capitalism could produce. Light cheap beer should normally at least go down easy, but the taste here is just foul out of the bottle. Its a bit smoother on draft, but definitely avoid.

1.03/5  rDev -48.8%

Body was crystal clear and a very pale yellow color. One quarter inch white head disappeared almost immediately. Steady streams of carbonation rising rapidly. Minimal lace runs away quickly.

What extremely faint aroma there was in this beer wasn't pleasant. There was a plastic sense coating the vary faint cereal grains. No notable hops.

An extremely light malt was the equivalent of drinking a bottle of lightly flavored water. Not bitterness at all left this overly sweet. Nothing to excite.

Carbonation was overpowering, and the beer ran rapidly off the mouth surfaces.

Just skip this and go on the something else. Wouldn't disrespect food by pairing it with this beer. Avoid this at all costs. Heck, tackle someone else to stop them from drinking it.

1.03/5  rDev -48.8%

This one pours a very light pale yellow with a white head that has no retention whatsoever, with a whispy crown in the end. The carbonation seems to dissapate quickly too. The smell is rather earthy, maybe a bit of corn and rotten feet. The taste is horrendous -- very watery and completely bland. It's starts with a hits of hoppy bitterness and goes flat in the mouth with a bit of a choke to swallow does. The mouthfeel is a bit like thinned out cola, very watery and not filling or refreshing. Sorry campers, this one goes down the drain.

1.03/5  rDev -48.8%

A. the only reason i gave it a 1.5 cause it comes in a Cold Activated Bottle/Can which is pretty cool, but other then that its nothing special.

S. There is Absolutly no aroma to this beer.

T. Basically its water with 4.2% alcohol in it

M. its just really wet in you're mouth

D. make sure that you are already drunk before you drink it cause then you won't taste it going down

1.03/5  rDev -48.8%

This was offered to me by my friend yesterday. I've had coors light numerous times in all forms. I have never been a big fan of this beer there is something odd with the taste that I have always disliked. Aroma is of weak malts and corn, appearance is pale light yellow, mouthfeel is thin and watery, and the flavor is simply not good. This is likely my least favorite of major light beers. Will not spend my money on this but will drink it if it's my only option.

1.05/5  rDev -47.8%

Well, it has some alcohol in it so it has something going for it.
That's about it.
I drink this when I visit my brother-in-law to be polite. He loves the stuff.
Unbelievable!
Watered down piss - and I'm being generous.
Now, to fill out my 250 characters:
If you pour it in a glass, you have piss in a glass.
There.

1.05/5  rDev -47.8%

Lets just say if I go out with people and they order a Coors Light They go down a notch in my book. I was glad to have one of these beers when I was 16 but it truly is just terrible.
It tastes like urine and smells horrible, the aftertaste makes me want to gag.

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company