2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors LightCoors Light

awful

awful

rAvg: 2

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001)
Ratings: 3,361 | Reviews: 1,114 | Show All Ratings:
emmasdad

Colorado

2.8/5  rDev +40%

With the harrowing Bud Chelada experience still fresh in my mind (I hadn't had a beer since) and my body ready for sleep, I stumbled upon a bar with a soothing outdoor patio, and decided to sit and rest for a spell. This beer seemed like the best option on tap, and figuring it had to be better than the Chelada, I ordered a pint. Light yellow in color, fizzy, with a sparkling white head. I took the beer outside, sat down and drank deeply, tasting glorious nothingness...no tomato, no pickle, no coors. Just refreshing sparkling nothingness. The beer recalibrate my palate, enabling me to resume drinking in earnest the following day. Thank you, Coors.

07-02-2011 04:42:34 | More by emmasdad
TacoSaladin

2.95/5  rDev +47.5%

*** Disclaimer: I am not a Light Lager fan but I tried to rate this based on the style and not relative to my personal taste ***

Appearance:
Pale straw color with little to no white colored head. If there is a decent amount of head there is no retention. All in all the color is clear and crisp.

Aroma:
Basically none. There is a faint hint of grain, namely a rice smell.

Taste:
Medium carbonation very a very light crisp body. There is a slight taste of hops but the carbonation tends to 'overpower' the hops.

Overall:
So as I said I am not a big fan of this style but I am trying to increase my knowledge of the different styles. I feel this beer is a middle of the road light lager.

05-20-2011 04:41:57 | More by TacoSaladin
notchucknorris

2.13/5  rDev +6.5%

A: Very pale yellow in color with a medium white head that shows decent retention.

S: Some sweet grain and a tiny bit of honey.

T: Yeah, this isn't good. There's a bit of a sweetness to it and a faint hint of grassy hops, but everything tastes way watered down. Drinking this warm is a feat. Best not to let it get to that point. Pound it while it's cold. Or better yet, stay away altogether.

05-01-2011 06:38:08 | More by notchucknorris
Swedes21

2.25/5  rDev +12.5%

Appearance - pours an extremely clear ale, some carbonation, head is minimal and not lasting. there is a slight about of lacing.

Smell - im not getting much here, very faint and light fair. its almost like i can smell water.

taste - one word to describe the taste, refreshing. I find the water comes through the most, very light fair.

mouthfeel - nothing added here, maybe a slight bitterness, but you gotta go looking for it. nothing impressive.

overall - i enjoy this beer, find it easy to drink and a refreshing taste. i dont however think this is a beer beer, its a easy drink.

03-16-2011 20:02:04 | More by Swedes21
Slatetank

2.33/5  rDev +16.5%

I had this on tap at Outback Steakhouse in York, PA. Served very cold in a mug.

The beer came with some condensation on the glass, but not a frosted glass so it must be served very, very cold. The color is very light golden and is clear with a head of snowy white that falls to a ring of beading. There is no lace left on the glass. The smell is so faint at first because it is cold, but as it gradually warms a slight cereal odor develops, sweet and soft mainly -minimal aroma though. The feel is very thin and highly carbonated, but it does have a refreshing quality which helped with the oversalted food but more of a palate refresher with slightly seltzer-like feel.

The taste while very bland has no obvious flaws so it is ok for what it is -and it is crisp with slight adjunct flavor giving a mild sweet effect and it finishes clean without any hop flavor or real malt to speak of. The drinkability is not great, I would not order this normally since it really lacks much in the way of 'beer' flavor, simply comes off as a fizzy soda-like malt beverage or a palate cleanser. I do think it fits within the style ok, but generally I would avoid this unless light lagers are your thing.

03-07-2011 17:08:11 | More by Slatetank
jdspears41

Kentucky

3.6/5  rDev +80%

This is one of my favorite Its the most drinkable one out of all the American light beers. This beer tastes much better out of the tap than the bottle or can. The thing that stands out most is the great taste,and the thing that I dislike the most is there is no smell and the color is similar to water. Overall a very good beer and I recommend this beer on a hot day while watching a baseball game.

02-17-2011 19:32:45 | More by jdspears41
pumptrick

2.45/5  rDev +22.5%

had this in many different cities across this great land and its too bad this was my beer of choice when i was a young lad. Not at all what I would consider to be a choice for drinking now. I would much rather have water and wont even offer to my friends. I rated this high in drinkability because I think you can drink your own weight of this stuff.

01-28-2011 22:39:44 | More by pumptrick
Burt

Rhode Island

2.05/5  rDev +2.5%

Served in a pint glass

A. pale yellow with little to no head and no lace what so ever.

S. little to no smell, CO2

T. watered down, finishes slightly grainy

M. again watery, carbonation

D. not so bad of a beer to drink at a bowling alley to keep up with the boys but nothing to seek out otherwise

01-12-2011 05:10:22 | More by Burt
HopsNPot

Nebraska

1.85/5  rDev -7.5%

Appearence- plain see through light yellow with with head.

Smell- just a grassy bland smell. nothing great here.

Taste- water with a shot of beer haha. naw, it is a very light pilsner. but from my point of view its as if you did a yager bomb with a pint of water and a shot glass of beer ha.

MouthFeel- light, no body, slightly crisp, but nothing holds.

Drinkability- eh, its drinkable cuz its so light. like i said earlier its like water.

i always dog my friend for constanly drinking this (i think he likes the moutnains, easily amused dude ha). Not to wax philosophical here, but i tend to think beers like this are popular simply because they are drinkable. one can easily down this without getting full, and if one's intentions are purely to get drunk, i guess this makes sense. but once youve crossed over to the world of craft brew, this one must be left behind and utilized ONLY in the most desperate of situations.

01-11-2011 01:36:52 | More by HopsNPot
Vdubb86

2.98/5  rDev +49%

Served in a pint glass

I usually don't review Quizzo beers, but since I've yet to review it I see no is as good of a time as any. This beer pours clear...I think there might be some yellow in there, but it really just looks like water. The smell has the adjunct aromas, but they actually aren't really that off-putting in fact they might be construed by some as sweet. Though the aroma is fairly non-existent in the first place, which I've learned isn't really all that bad. The taste is a light lager, there's not really anything too it. It served it's purpose as cold beer...God help you if you let it warm up. It's really easy to drink it, goes down smooth. It really is best enjoy if you really don't focus on what you are drinking and just drink it. The subtle imperfections will go unnoticed. The problem is I was looking for all of them. It still will be my go to beer if I'm forced to pick a BMC product, but since that's not the case (thank God for that!), I'll leave it on the shelves for the people who don't know any better.

11-04-2010 06:26:09 | More by Vdubb86
TheKingofWichita

2.1/5  rDev +5%

Pours a clear straw yellow color with a thick (at first) head which quickly dissipates and zero lacing. Smells of grain and water. Not much else. Very clean taste -- like barley soda -- malty maybe a little yeast bread. Not the worst adjunct I've had to date. Mouthfeel is pretty thin. Tons of carbonation. Drinkability is decent.

10-27-2010 23:33:09 | More by TheKingofWichita
bastardface

1.88/5  rDev -6%

I reviewed Bud Light in which I know not a lot of people are impressed by it. I think Coors Light is worse than Bud Light. The color resembles rain water after a cat pissed in it. There was no foam at the top after the pour was complete. The taste was very unimpressive. I couldn't see my self drinking more than one. As a matter of fact I would rather not have one again. When coming in a bottle it is relatively tolerable. I would not recommend it.

10-27-2010 05:34:25 | More by bastardface
lacqueredmouse

Australia

1.83/5  rDev -8.5%

Why did I review this? Because it was there? Because wherever I was had nothing else I hadn't reviewed, and nothing else worth drinking? Well, whatever, what's done is done.

Pours an extremely pale yellow colour, with absolutely no head when it's served, even from the tap pour. Lots of streaming carbonation, but I guess the body is so light it can't retain a head at all. Looks like piss in a glass.

Almost nothing on the nose. A little bit sweet, a touch grainy and corny perhaps. A bit of honey and banana, not great characters for the style, and overly sweet, even though there's almost nothing to it. Blech.

Taste is similar. A little bit of corny grain with a slight sweet banana twinge. Light on the palate, but feels bloating with carbonation, and I swear the "light" is meant to avoid the bloat, right?

Yeah, it's a lame beer. I didn't expect anything else. Remind me not to go places that have nothing better on tap.

10-25-2010 20:28:13 | More by lacqueredmouse
ChrisCage

Alberta (Canada)

1.85/5  rDev -7.5%

I finally broke down and ordered this at the pub b/c I know that I need to do a review on it and will never buy this in the store!

A- Came in a cold schooner mug without any real fanfare....it has a very light grassy color that looks more like urine than anything. It had very little in terms of a head, being a densely packed ring around the glass along with some random swirls mixed in. Carbonation looked plentiful and there is little in terms of lacing....just some minor blobs that manage to cling onto the glass.

S- Generally this is a bland smelling beer. It has some minor dry grainy aromas, which are overshadowed by sweet overboiled corn and/or rice adjuncts. No hops present here and nothing else to report aroma wise.

T- One of the most underwhelming tasting beers a person is gonna come across. More of the same as in the aroma, just dusty muted grain flavors, and corn syrupy sweetness. The finish is the same as the initial taste, bland and without substance.

M- Thin, watery and fizzy....there isn't much else to say. The carbonation is more foamy than I was expecting, but I guess most tap beers are creamier than the bottled variety. It's so clean that you don't even consider that you've just had a mouthful of beer.

D- Why does anyone want to pay for this swill? It has no character and is like a mild beer flavored cooler. I'd rather just drink pop than this and I will not be buying this in the future. I have had and have Chinese beer that is better than this and that's generally not great beer either. I will say that it is easy to drink though b/c it really isn't like drinking beer. Why can't MolsonCoors bring Coors Banquet beer up North....at least that's half decent!

10-17-2010 19:49:26 | More by ChrisCage
TMoney2591

2.17/5  rDev +8.5%

Served in a shaker pint glass at Finn McCool's.

Another Quizzo brew. It pours a clear jaundice topped by somewhere around a finger of white froth. The nose comprises wheat, rice, corn, corn syrup, and grass. The taste really doesn't bring anything new to the table, aside from the usual hard water flavor that accompanies these damn adjunct lagers. The body is quite light, with a sharp moderate carbonation, and a very watery feel. Overall, if these things weren't so cheap, i don't think many would continue to drink them. That said, it served its purpose as mild lubricant during Quizzo. So it had that going for it...

10-15-2010 15:41:34 | More by TMoney2591
Dionysius86

Tennessee

1.15/5  rDev -42.5%

There's just nothing to Coors Light. It is more clear than yellow, hardly any head, hardly any real aroma, light corn taste. Mouthfeel is crisp and watery thin. No aftertaste. It's drinkable if you simply want a buzz and it's the only beer around. Otherwise, no thanks.

09-06-2010 03:53:06 | More by Dionysius86
NV9

1.78/5  rDev -11%

Coors light is absolutely unavoidable. How it became "the" drink for seemingly everyone around the world is beyond me. Beyond the fact that there is very little of note in the taste of coors light, it isn't even a very drinkable beer and doesn't feel good in the mouth. I guess the best thing it has going for it is you can consume a large amount of them and be mostly unaffected.

07-27-2010 22:17:00 | More by NV9
billshmeinke

2.5/5  rDev +25%

So I'm walking through my supermarket beer section and notice a 5.7 Liter Coors Light "home draft." I couldn't pass on such a ridiculous gimmick.

Poured into an imperial pint glass. I surprisingly get one finger of airy head that fairly quickly resides to a cap of foam on top and finally to little more than a ring around the edge of the glass. The most pale straw yellow color imaginable. Almost the color of water towards the outer edges. Completely clear, some bubbles rush to the top.

The nose is basically corn and grain, some watery fruits (banana?).

The taste is of grain, and a light bready yeast. A mild lemon like hop character as well. Really weak flavor (though I'm not sure I would be happy if it were stronger).

Tight carbonation, but mouthfeel is mostly just watery.

I have had worse, but not by much. Plan on giving most of my "home draft" away to non-BA friends.

07-24-2010 22:50:25 | More by billshmeinke
Soonami

1.83/5  rDev -8.5%

I went to a bar that had $6 Japanese Macro beers and $2 Coors Light on draft. So I went with the silver bullet based purely on cheapness.

It tasted just as watery as the last time I had it. The color is what you all know well, the palest of yellows with just a dapple of head. The smell is a little grain, maybe some corn and a generic metallic hop aroma. It was not good, there was some residual sweetness that I did not remember it having since usually these beers were being shotgunned.

07-23-2010 22:34:01 | More by Soonami
ghettobrown

3.13/5  rDev +56.5%

This is my "go-to" beer when I'm looking for a cheap pitcher at a mainstream bar or restaurant. It is not by any means exceptional, but the light taste and feel make it a good beer when nothing else is available.

Not too bitter, has an appropriate amount of hops and carbonation. Alcohol content is obviously less so even after a pitcher or two it's pretty easy to keep walking straight.

07-21-2010 18:02:18 | More by ghettobrown
chickenandrice

Oregon

1.85/5  rDev -7.5%

Coors Light, the beer that got me started (sad to say). I find that this beer is any typical drinker for the one that doesn't care about quality, handcrafted and phenomenal beers! The one awesome thing about Coors is that fact that they are one of the smaller, big three.

07-20-2010 02:07:28 | More by chickenandrice
GNR4life2

3.4/5  rDev +70%

I had this beer so many times and never caught a buzz except for walking funny like a stereotypical gay guy you'd see on TV.

A: Its beer. Thats all I can say.

S: Everything a beer should smell like. Hops,alcohol,barley,and yeast.

T: Light and very crisp. I actually said "ahhh: after the first couple of sips.

M: Crisp, refreshing, light and a bit of carbonation.

D: Its decent. Dont expect to get a "head buzz" type of drunk though. Its ideal for a cook out where you will be eating and drinking a lot but don't wanna vomit. The beer is that nice and light. Also refreshing after a long day. I wouldnt recommend buying it unless you are outdoors a lot.

07-09-2010 01:46:07 | More by GNR4life2
Tilley4

Tennessee

1.9/5  rDev -5%

Whew... This one was rough...

This is one of those brews that's better from the bottle or can...

Arrives a light golden with a 1/16 inch head... No carbonation at all seemingly...

Very musty aromas of grain and something metallic... Dirty tap lines? At any rate, this one is rough... Not appealing at all..

Again, rough in this dept.. Very skunky and grainy with a strong metallic aftertaste... Others around me are chugging this but I'm having troubles...

Not one I'll have again for sure...

04-02-2010 23:54:18 | More by Tilley4
zimm421

2.3/5  rDev +15%

On tap in a 22 oz Weizen glass. Appears a clear yellow to golden color. There is a small head that dissipates slowly and leaves no lacing at all.

Smells of corn and other adjuncts but is much sweeter than other comparable beers. The taste is sweet and fruity but the adjuncts still stand out.

The mouthfeel is very thin and watery, with a high level of carbonation. It's fairly easy to drink, but only something I have when I'm out and need something cheap for the night. Definitely my go-to drink when I'm out with friends.

04-02-2010 20:27:46 | More by zimm421
bala747

Singapore

1.6/5  rDev -20%

Ugh! Where do I begin with this one? My first trip to America and I was introduced to this beer first, and it was so bad I nearly swore off trying any other American beer! (I was glad to be proven wrong however, as I have tried some fantastic beers in America).

A: lemon-yellow, really fizzy, poured into a 1cm head that dissipated with no lace.

S: Nothing but 'grain'. Maybe a hint of hay?

T: Wait, this is a BEER? Isn't it supposed to taste of.. uhmmm.. Barley, Hops, hell, Something?! I think tap-water has more flavour than this. But seriously, it tasted of almost nothing, maybe a bit of corn.. That's it.

M: Watery

D: Probably a cheap substitute for water.
Overall: A bad first impression of American lagers.

03-15-2010 08:29:27 | More by bala747