Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors LightCoors Light

awful

awful

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,201 | Hads: 4,642
2.22/5  rDev +6.7%

Let's face it,everyone has ran across Coors Light once in their beer drinking journey. The mainstay of any college lifestyle, this light beer has become quite popular due to it's flashy advertisements consisting of "blue mountains" and "waves of refreshment". Yet as most of us know, this beer fails to live up to the hype. On to the review....

Poured the 12 oz. "Cold Activated Can" into a pint glass:

A - Off the bat, the first thing I noticed was the extremely translucent straw yellow color and large soda-like head.

S- Smell is faint with notes of soap and corn

T- Watery and fairly bitter with a touch a grain

M- Basically non-existent, like drinking water. Mild carbonation.

D- Basically it's only saving grace as it's an extremely light and mild beer. Sure to please the occasional beer drinking crowd.

Overall nothing special. Just your run of the mill light American lager. (894 characters)

1.7/5  rDev -18.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

I'm drinking one right now only under the obligation of adding the label to my collection. It just shows how dedicated I am to my beer label collection if I'm willing to endure this swill. They definitely went overboard on the "light", since the flavor nearly resembles water. Heck, NJ's drinking water has more flavor and body than this.

Appearance: Very pale, unhealthy yellow.

Smell: Slightly dank, kind of like a crusty old bar.

Taste: Slightly sweet, with hints of corn

Mouthfeel: Slightly more consistent than water.

Drinkability: I'm done after this one. (567 characters)

2.38/5  rDev +14.4%

Obviously, this is a really generic beer that is about equivalent to tap water in terms of excitement. Mainly, people drink it because it contains alcohol and sodium. The best thing you can say about it is that it is not foul tasting. Goes well with V8. (253 characters)

Delicate flavours to say the least. There are no flaws in this beer but it is truly mild. Nice accompaniment to a hot humid day. People always dis on these kinds of beers, but I've had many good times where something this light is just what is called for. (255 characters)

2.3/5  rDev +10.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Coors Light is your standard typical pale macro lager.

It's definitely a lawnmower-type beer.
Summer brew - bon fires, bbq's, tailgates on a hot day.

Appearance is light yellow ( light straw)
Very light head - fades quickly.
Hardly any lacing.

Aroma is mild and watery.
You can't pick up any particular hops or malt, barley or rice.

There isn't much of an aftertaste and it is easy drinking.
Crisp. Light. Underlying Sweetness. Mild Toasted Corn.
It would be easy to down a bunch of these.
Its definitely something one would have to drink ice cold to avoid the notes that come from it if it wasn't.

It's not really offensive by any means, but it's not something I would purchase.
I didn't pair it with any particular food and was given to me by a friend for review.
If you want a light and tame-slightly flavored brew at a bar or other event, this is something that might be of interest to you. (908 characters)

Lord how I wish there was a ZERO available here. Am I being too harsh? No, not at all. This is an AWFUL beer. Drinkable? No. Pour yourself a tall glass of MINERAL water if you need the carbonation. This beer is JUNK.

The appearance is awful. Almost hazy and zero head. Yes. Zero head. Zero lacing. Zero everything. Smells like something disgusting. Tastes awful. Fizzy at best...this is carbonated for sure--does not taste like a lager or a pilsner or even a LIGHT BEER for that matter! The mouthfeel is nothing I want to share. This tastes like polluted water. Overall this is an AWFUL beer. You won't see a person who values their calories or their beer drinking this junk. (676 characters)

2.76/5  rDev +32.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 2.75

A: Fine looking beer. Not enough head.

S: Not much hops.

T: Not much taste. It's a beer for the masses. Church masses. Gawd bless 'merica.

M: Nice effervescence.

O: Safe, bland, flavorless, gassy, nice colour, easy to drink, yawn.

Hey Val, your life is kinda lame. (271 characters)

2.61/5  rDev +25.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

For the longest time I avoided this stuff, I always had it at frat houses and other less than stellar places. It has recently in the past 6 months become one of my favorite adjuncts though and I'll tell you why.

Lets take a second and be honest with ourselves, this beer is not meant to be poured from the can into a glass. I did so for review purposes however and it is a pale yellow color, as almost all adjunct lagers are.
The nose of this beer is very strange, it has a kind of corn / syrupy smell, with no hops detectable what so ever.
The taste of this beer when cold is actually pretty good! It has a very watery almost alka seltzer feel in the mouth, but the taste is light and refreshing with most of the taste being cereal grains. It has more flavor than the weird taste of bud-light. The after taste makes me think of Cheerios.

My overall impression of this beer is this, it is a beer brewed to serve a purpose and I think that it does exactly what it was intended to do. It's not a beer for complex analysis, you won't be drinking this wondering what those hops were or what the malt used was. But it is refreshing and when served cold as recommended it can hit the spot if it's what you were after. It's simple and not offensive, and sometimes that's good enough. Although there are many beers I would consider better I can't say that there's anything inherently wrong with this one. (1,398 characters)

1.45/5  rDev -30.3%

It took less than a minute from an aggressive 90 degree pour into a pub glass for the head to disappear. Foamy, like something that comes out of a Pepsi can.

I could taste notes of rice and corn flakes, the usual things found in the light beer department. Pale yellow in color resembling that of a common human excretory fluid. The after taste isn't too bad considering other light beer alternatives.

It's not too rough going down but if your aim is to get drunk, then this beer has a place in the beer bong. Don't torture yourself by drinking one at a time. How this is the light version of the "Original" is beyond me. (628 characters)

2.8/5  rDev +34.6%

Serving Type: Bottle at the beach

Appearance: Transparent Yellow/Goldish...taken straight from the bottle most of the time

Smell: Smells like my frat house

Taste: I don't know...

Mouthfeel: Like seltzer water, but not as bad as some of the macro's

Drinkability: Sure, I could drink this all day long, especially on a hot summer day at the beach - but would I enjoy it? Probably not. (397 characters)

Ah... the silver bullet.

Apperence...usually about 1:30 am when I am just trying to keep a buzz.

Smell and Taste can be combined. Little if any

Mouthfeel...like a soda

Drinkability...easy, it is flavorless. Until it gets warm.

This is my beer of choice when the end is drawing near on an evening if I am trying to maintain any decorum whatsoever. As long as it is cold, it is thoroughly boring, by thoroughly drinkable. If it warms up though... my god, don't let it warm up. (484 characters)

1.65/5  rDev -20.7%

This is, in my opinion, the worst of the popular American macro-brews. It is Bud Light without the drinkability, color, and clever ad campaigns.

Pouring an average head, this beer always appears to me to be too light for even a macro-light. My biggest qualm with Coors Light is its severe drop in drinkability as the temperature goes up. Quite simply, this beer is undrinkable if not absolutely ice cold.

If you're looking for something to take out on the boat, look elsewhere. There are more drinkable swills out there for an equal or smaller price tag. (562 characters)

1.98/5  rDev -4.8%

"Smooth fresh taste" my ass. I don't really know how, but someone managed to come up with a beer worse than Bud Light. If you want to down a few of these, it's not hard, but Bud Light seems to go down a little faster and in my opinion the "aroma" is less full of adjuncts for some reason ( i doubt it's because AB uses less.)

You can't approach it expecting a Belgian beer or anything, because whatever the manufacturers say, that's not the intent. The goal is to sell as much of it to young people as they can, and they're doing a damn fine job at that. Although personally I think the "Frost brew/rocky mountain cold/twins... etc" is all a bug distraction to prevent anyone from thinking about the quality of the beer.

Overall, acceptable for those huge parties when most people aren't looking for taste, if you know what I mean. But personally I'll give the nod for cheap American light beer to Bud. (909 characters)

Appearance- A brown bottle. The Silver Bullet baby.

Smell- very musty, but isn't a turn off to this beer.

Taste- Great standard taste for any beer, but the taste can get bad after around beer number 3.

Mouthfeel- big mouth. Easy to down.

Drinkability- One of the most drinkable beers out there. If you're at a get together, I'd recommend this. If you're on a special occasion, avoid this beer. (Superbowls, and parties are perfect for this beer) (449 characters)

1.55/5  rDev -25.5%

Brother in-law left a six-pack,and I didn't have time to hit the packie. I put them in the freezer to get them as cold as possible, I was actually attempting to freeze my taste buds, the poor things go through enough as it is. Even at 28 degrees the overwhelming urine smell was present, finished 2, choked down half of a third one, ate 3 peanut butter sandwiches then set my face on fire, still can't get the taste out of my gob. I can't believe I used to actually "pay" for this stuff...ah live and learn (506 characters)

3.32/5  rDev +59.6%

I am going to review this with only light beers in mind. I like the high carbonation. I like to feel the bite when I drink my beer. Light don't have much in the taste and smell department, but as far as light beers go this has the best flavor to me. It feels good on the palate and is very east to drink on a hot afternoon. (323 characters)

2.51/5  rDev +20.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

As a college student, Coors is my daily bread as Jesus was to beer. It sucks, the mouthfeel, taste, and smell are horrible. Yet, because i'm in college and I drink this all the time the drinkability is pretty damn good. So damn bubbly, this beer will make you burp all day long. Don't be fooled by their flashy "blue mountains" bullshit. This beer is shit. However, drink Coors light on a hot day and you will think your re-hydrating yourself with pure, natural, spring water. Drink it as a refreshment, nothing else. If you prefer pissy water drink coors piss... if not, PBR, Yuengling, and a lot of other beers are cheaper and much tastier. (642 characters)

1.91/5  rDev -8.2%

Again, a beer to waste on beer pong. It doesn't really taste that great and I'd rather drink something else. It's a fairly clean beer, goes down easy, but the taste is just poor. I'd probably wait for a few friends to finish this off after a party (for some reason a few of the guys like this). At the end of the day, the silver bullet misses on this one. (355 characters)

For what this beer is going for it is right on. I would imagine if you drink enough it could create some buzz but I do not see it happening. It is more like drinking water. It is your typical yellow beer. I would say this is for the every day regular non beer loving guy. (271 characters)

Hey what can I say, this is a good beer for summer when it is hot and the beer is cold. When I am hot an thirsty I want something I can drink alot of and not feel full. This is that kind of beer. It may not be full of taste and carry itself well but it smooth and you can keep drinking it all day and night. (307 characters)

1.28/5  rDev -38.5%

All i can say is that it was forced upon me, the beer that is sicko!
Got a lift from the hotel to restaurant and we drank two bottles of this piss on the way. Reason was i thought it was fizzy water.
Just rubbish.
No flavour.
Its like a vegan eating a mock vegan steak rather than just succumbing to euthanasia like thet should do.
If you drink it, you are a twat.
That is all (376 characters)

1.02/5  rDev -51%

I was in Golden so of course I had to go! Well, its been a while since I had a coors light, I remember a soapy taste. Well, this time it was very watery. It didn't taste like much and there was no aroma. The overall what no so good but I knew what I was getting myself into. (274 characters)

3.38/5  rDev +62.5%

On first sip I taste the pure a natural taste of The Rockies.. This is great!... Cold, refreshing, tastes great. As I continue to drink I think I understated my first statement and blasphemed the true king of light beers. Seriously though it's a good light beer for what it is. (279 characters)

2.68/5  rDev +28.8%

First of all, I'm not sure why everyone bashes this beer. We all know this isn't gourmet craft brew, it is what it is...an american light beer. Although I'm new to the beer game, I found my tastes gravitate towards the heavier beer. But lets be honest here, when you're done golfing (or done doing anything else outdoors) in the the Florida heat, that bottle of heavy craft brew just doesn't cut it. Enter the Silver Bullet....
pours a medium yellow with a puffy head that has disappeared by the time you throw the bottle away. The smell is the same as everyother beer I've smelled in this class. The mouth feel is light with high carbination, in fact if not for the high carbanation, everyone would be able to chug this. As it is it's still almost to easy to drink. The taste is so-so but tolerable. Another important reason I picked this beer is because of the availability of it. When I go to a bar before, during, or after a FSU game, I know I'll be able to find it...usually on tap which is my prefered method of consumption. I can't say the same for sam Adams light (my favorite) or rock green light or yuengling light (my next choices.)
I imagine once winter returns, the light beers will go the way of the Dinosaur. (1,226 characters)

Poured this 12 oz can straight into my mouth via wide mouth opening. Skipped pouring into my trusty beer glass because I did not want to degrade the integrity of the poor thing. Wide mouth opening was ideal for this beer because it goes straight and fast down my mouth, into the bladder, and out the hatch, not giving me enough time to realize that I'm drinking what really could be Piss Water.

Characteristics: Watery, Bubbly, almost like club soda but with a little puke flavoring.

Appearance: Really, like piss. (516 characters)

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company