Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
Ratings: 4,570 | Reviews: 1,321
1.25/5  rDev -37.8%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Really light beer, but has a little sweet taste to it that I don't really care for.

2.12/5  rDev +5.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

First, the positives:

Coors light isn't the worst thing you can drink. I have to admit, it works just fine with a helping of Sunday football. Listening to Madden's hit/miss commentary with Little Caesar's and Coors Light is an enjoyable enough combination, assuming that you don't have anything better in your fridge. Of course you can drink plenty of cans without filling up. And oh yeah, it's really inexpensive.

So there are positives, certainly. But there are negatives too.

Coors Light tastes like beer flavored water. The beer sitting around the rim of the can looks like good 'ol H2O. If you pour the beer there's very little color and almost no head, no matter how you pour it. Of course the frost brew liner is worthless--as if annodizing the interior aluminum makes any difference whatsoever other than making the inside of the can blue. This is not a real beer, end of story.

But let's not forget the positives. This beer serves a purpose and within its intended role it performs perfectly well. But here on BA, look somewhere else. Fast.

1.5/5  rDev -25.4%

I do not even consider this a beer

A: Pale yellow, white head that quickly vanishes and leaves little to no lacing.

S: What smell??

T: See "Smell"

M: See "Smell" and "Taste"

This should be sent to third world countries with water-shortages...This stuff is like tap-water in a can. No flavor, no finish, tis not a real beer. Yet I have friends who swear by it!!

3.41/5  rDev +69.7%

I grew up on this beer. It is my favorite of all the Lights. Of course, most people want to trash any of the light beers, but as a Yooper, they all hold a special meaning. There aren't any special characteristics other than it's a GOOD beer. Whether you're ice-fishing, playing bar-league softball, golfing, or grilling out...it always refreshes and produces!

2.86/5  rDev +42.3%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.25

Overall not half bad for a micro-lager. Well honestly watery but enough to taste a little flavor

1.25/5  rDev -37.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

Absolutely horrendous. Looks like a watered down Mountain Dew. What little flavor it does have makes you wish you had never opened the bottle.

2.65/5  rDev +31.8%

The aroma has a hay/grapefruitthing happening. The head is gone within a few moments. It looks like a flat apple cider. Not much taste but goes down easy. I'd buy this beer again when money is tight and I just need to keep a cold beer in my hands all night long.

1.48/5  rDev -26.4%

Poured one of my old man's brews into a pint glass. And yes, the Mountains were blue.

Appearance- Really not much to this bad boy. A teeny-tiny white head that almost instantly turns into a ring. It has the amount of head that your typical pepsi would have, and that is kind of generous. The body is straw yellow.

Smell- Not much to it at all really, I can just feel the carbonation bubbling under my nose. What does old water smell like? It smells like that.

Taste- It's positively tasteless. It's watery and bubbly but doesn't have much there. Is fizz a taste?

Mouthfeel- More thin fizzy watery-ness. Pretty unfulfilling.

Drinkability- If you like fizzy yellow water than it could be drank all day. I probably wouldn't order this even if I was out and this was all they had on tap. More marketing, less taste. Thats the Coors Light way.

2.56/5  rDev +27.4%
look: 2 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2

Very boring beer. If you're looking for a beer with not much taste and no originality, look no further. Basic beer that you can get for very cheap. This beer is very common among college age students because it is easy to find anywhere and it is very inexpensive.

1.03/5  rDev -48.8%

Oh my this is not good! I just tried this right after a Bud light and found it to be even less drinkable. No real smell to speak of, but taste...hint of banana, slight lemon after taste...hops???, I can't detect them. This is a really bad brew(no where on the can does it say beer).

1.8/5  rDev -10.4%

Obviously I've had this before, but never in a sober state in which to review it.

I poured it into a mug and immediately thought to grab my keys and head back to the store, somehow soda water had been put into these bottles. But no, this IS the beer known as Coors Light. Yippee. Head forms with an aggressive "macro" pour but don't look away. It's gone before you can say Jack Robinson. No retention whatsoever, no lacing.

Smell? What smell? Let me check again... Reminds me of old corn and Nutrisweet.

It literally tastes like beer flavored tonic water. You know how Diet Coke doesn't taste like regular coke and has a fraction of the flavor? Coors Light tastes like what would be "Diet Beer".

Mouthfeel is pretty gross outside of the 100 degree summer day. Heavy carbonation to hide the lack of any real beer flavor.

Drinkability, Coors Light's only redeeming trait, is fantastic on that blazing summer day when you can't find any Genny Light or Labatt Blue Light.

1.03/5  rDev -48.8%

A. the only reason i gave it a 1.5 cause it comes in a Cold Activated Bottle/Can which is pretty cool, but other then that its nothing special.

S. There is Absolutly no aroma to this beer.

T. Basically its water with 4.2% alcohol in it

M. its just really wet in you're mouth

D. make sure that you are already drunk before you drink it cause then you won't taste it going down

3.2/5  rDev +59.2%

Let's face it its not a great beer but I do like drinking Coors light if I'm hanging out at a friends house during a bbq or watching football games ( ps. Go Chargers!!!) The main reason I like them is you can drink 6 to 8 with out being really buzzed. The water flavor is not bad and the feel is smooth and easy to drink. The color is your basic American domistic gold. The plus side you can pick up a 18 pack for around 10 to 12 bucks.

2.62/5  rDev +30.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

I'm not going to bash this simply because it's a heavily marketed macrobrew.

Overall, the color seems rather pale, almost watery. The smell somewhat cooked. Overall, the taste is very watery at first -- leaving a nondescript, somewhat cooked grain aftertaste. The mouthfeel is similar to soda -- very bubbly. The head? Geez, don't remember it -- disappeared that fast.

Drinkability? I tried an 8 ounce can of this stuff -- which isn't exactly the best form of packaging to sample beer from -- but I have to tell you that based on my experience this stuff packs quite a punch. I really don't understand what's going on here. I enjoy beers like Anderson Valley's Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout -- and it doesn't affect me nearly as much as this stuff does. I felt sort of buzzed -- then got very tired afterwards in addition to getting a slight headache. Maybe the carbonation level is so high that it drives whatever alcohol is in here directly into your bloodstream -- like champagne does.

Again, I'm trying to be objective here -- but this corn flavored soda pop seems like some kind of fortified "Night Train" designed to get mulletheads bombed before they pile into their 4 x 4 pickups and Trans Ams. Blech.

2.17/5  rDev +8%

Just as most american macro brews go, this beer is quite mediocre in all ways. Simple, virtually tasteless brew, watery and weak, this beer pours ugly, tastes weak, but has a few redeeming qualities I suppose. When drinking with the guys, it's tolerable and good to get drunk on, as I rated, has a good drinkability if you plan on drinking in high quantities, and if served very cold, it finishes crisp. Overall a good tailgating beer, but shouldn't be viewed highly in any other aspect.

This is unfortunately what some friends and family think is beer, and whats more they serve it to company. Is it bad manors to bring your own whenever you visit. Coors has no flavor, its aroma is unimpressive as is its appearance. How anyone can drink this is beyond me. Give me an arrogant bastard any day now that's a real beer.

2.6/5  rDev +29.4%

I drink this in cans on the golf course, and bottles at home. It is easy to find and cost effective. It tastes good, goes down good. It kills the thirst after mowing, and while playing golf.

May as well drink a glass of water. It is better in bottles.

1.83/5  rDev -9%

This 4% beer is pretty good, but it doesn't tste much. There is only a little aftertaste of corn and it has s clear straw color. The mouthfeel is similar to water which is average for a macro lager. The bottles and cans are nice tough with the cold certified kind of thing. It is of course a good summer beer you can find everywhere and at a pretty good price. Afterall it is only alcoholic water with a touch of corn.

1.7/5  rDev -15.4%

I've had one Coors Light in my life. My feelings toward Coors Light can be summarized in an anecdote. Someone came in to the bar and asked why we don't have Coors Light on tap. I told him, the only way we'll tap Coors Light is if the Health Department told us we needed to instal another water faucet.
Poured watery, no head.
Looked watery
Felt watery
Tasted watery
Nothing wrong with anyone who enjoys this beer; they'll just be very hydrated.

Incredible Beer Love to drink it all the time

1.45/5  rDev -27.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

One of the worst beers I've ever had. This is basically water.

2.6/5  rDev +29.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

Appearance is pale and straw yellow. Little or no head and it leaves no lace inside the glass. Looks like carbonated water with a bit of food coloring.

Smell is of stainless steel, water, rice and alcohol.

Taste is shallow and watery. Lots of filler (corn and rice?) Not much to speak of, besides a residual sweetness. Bland.

Drinkability—easy enough. You could drink a lot of this beer and think little of it.

Mouthfeel is mostly that of carbonation—quickly numbs the palette. It is crispy and clear though—ok on a hot afternoon.

I wouldn't pay much to drink this beer, but there is always someone offering this beer at social gatherings, so long as it is cold—I guess you could do worse. Lesson here for me is, don't disparage free beer.

1.2/5  rDev -40.3%

This really is some of the worst beer I've ever had...crispy clear yellow and looks like somthin' that comes out of my body at daily intervals, if you get my drift.

I often wonder how this kind of absolute rubbish gets to be marketed as "beer"... it isn't. It is junk.

I tried some because a friend left some here in my refrigerator. And I ran out of Dogfish Head for tonite. I should've left this Coors alone.

Don't buy this junk, do not even bother. Coors is blasted junk. A positive "don't do..". ? Why oh why do they make this stuff?

Appearance: Pee Yellow.

Mouthfeel: None.

Taste: None.

Body: None.

Quality: Nothing

Hey, have 40-50 of these and your on way to a great headache, that's about all..

Garbage... another example of how The USA fails at making anhything decent except for a few micro brewers who continue to charge like $10.00 / a six pack for a truly good experience.

We are out of shape, people. Beer should cost less than milk, don't You think?

Ah Rubbish, again on the American forefront....

...Bill

3.14/5  rDev +56.2%

As I drink more beers this is still my favorite light beer. It goes down smooth and is refreshing. It doesn't taste super but it also doesn't taste bad, which is alot more than I can say for alot of other beers I've tried.

The taste is ok, a little watery, and the same goes for the appearance. The importance of this beer is that it's drinkable and cheap. I drink it once in a while and don't feel cheated because it's a light beer, what do you expect?

2.76/5  rDev +37.3%

Appearance is nothing special just another light colored light beer.

Smell is not really apparent it just has a signature coors aroma

Taste is boring

Mouthfeel is average not much here.

drinkibilty- Goes down nice and easy

Serve extra cold!

Not much to say about this beer it just has little unique qualilties that don't stand out but i will still drink it.

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company