Hello, is it beer you're looking for?

Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors LightCoors Light

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,210 | Hads: 4,695
2.84/5  rDev +39.2%

This beer is good when you can't afford the good stuff. $5 for a 3 pack of tall cans, HELL YA! This beer is not for sipping and enjoying like craft beers, its for huge gatherings and when money is tight and you need a quick beer fix. Not bad for piss beer!

I got this can of beer at a party once. It's the standard story of how everybody gets suckered into getting a coors lite. You goto a friends house who has friends over and you assume they are all drinking good beer. Without looking around you get handed a can of beer and its coors lite. you don't want to seem like an elitist prick so you attempt to drink the can of over carbonated piss water.

appearance: can had blue mountains, which means it's as cold as the rockies. i assume this is to mask any flavor it may possibly have.

smell: well being as its so overcarbonated, i got a great smell as the carbonation found its way into my nose. it smelled like "that old beer smell" you know how beer smells after its been poured on your clothes and kept in the bottom of a laundry hamper for 3 days? that beer smell.

taste: beer flavored water is the best i can describe it. it was horrible, did i mention about the carbonation yet? it seemed like every drink i shook it up. horrible horrible stuff

mouthfeel: way over carbonated and felt like water. again, horrible stuff.

drinkability: none at all. after the third gulp i wanted to throw up again and again. it was just too much carbonation to drink. so disgusting, i would never drink that again.

1.83/5  rDev -10.3%

A: Extremely clear and bubbly
S: This beer does not give off a scent.
T: Almost Nothing maybe some grains. There is really nothing that is disgusting about it.
M: It feels like Carbonated Water
O: It is a light beer that is tolerable, but there is nothing special to it either.

1.7/5  rDev -16.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

Appearance: Looks exactly like what taking your urine and carbonating it would look like

Smell: Nothing besides metal

Taste: Carbonated water

Mouthfeel: Nothing

Overall: Horrible choice for anything other than if you want cheap stuff that has no taste to drink at a college party. Its what I did, but looking back, I probably would've been better off buying better quality beer. Higher alcohol content, less weight to carry to a party, better taste, get drunk faster.

2.2/5  rDev +7.8%

For some reason, I seem to find this at barbecues and various functions myself and my family go to, and it's also the only beer a musician friend I play with drinks, so I run into it a lot. Not sure why, other than it's always on special at the supermarket. I find this to taste okay ice cold, but so do Pabst Blue Ribbon and Miller High Life, but without the gnarly aftertaste that seems to go with Coors and Bud product. My wife tasted this on my breath after a kiss, and remarked "Cheap beer!" -- not exactly a ringing endorsement. I wouldn't turn it down if offered, but I'd not go out of my way to pick it up.

1.85/5  rDev -9.3%

Another typical American Light beer. A very light golden color that gives of a faint smell of sweet malt and corn. As close to water as you can get in a beer, outside of Michelob Ultra. It's sweet, but that grainy corn flavor is definitely present. The mouthfeel is that of a soda, crisp and somewhat refreshing. It's easy to drink, but why bother?

3.65/5  rDev +78.9%

i think coors light is one of the better light macro beers out there so i am judging this purely on the category it's in. when i'm out with the boys on a saturday night and i've had quite a few 'good' beers, i am definately reaching for a few of these to finish the night.

1.18/5  rDev -42.2%

This one has got more water in it than the Mississippi...the other night I finished two prima pils 12oz and was left only with a coors light keg and it was almost undrinkable..light yellow appearance and no smell, taste of nothing but additives what was i thinking..only drink this stuff if there's nothing but water available, maybe you'll pee less..

2.22/5  rDev +8.8%

Let's face it,everyone has ran across Coors Light once in their beer drinking journey. The mainstay of any college lifestyle, this light beer has become quite popular due to it's flashy advertisements consisting of "blue mountains" and "waves of refreshment". Yet as most of us know, this beer fails to live up to the hype. On to the review....

Poured the 12 oz. "Cold Activated Can" into a pint glass:

A - Off the bat, the first thing I noticed was the extremely translucent straw yellow color and large soda-like head.

S- Smell is faint with notes of soap and corn

T- Watery and fairly bitter with a touch a grain

M- Basically non-existent, like drinking water. Mild carbonation.

D- Basically it's only saving grace as it's an extremely light and mild beer. Sure to please the occasional beer drinking crowd.

Overall nothing special. Just your run of the mill light American lager.

1.7/5  rDev -16.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

I'm drinking one right now only under the obligation of adding the label to my collection. It just shows how dedicated I am to my beer label collection if I'm willing to endure this swill. They definitely went overboard on the "light", since the flavor nearly resembles water. Heck, NJ's drinking water has more flavor and body than this.

Appearance: Very pale, unhealthy yellow.

Smell: Slightly dank, kind of like a crusty old bar.

Taste: Slightly sweet, with hints of corn

Mouthfeel: Slightly more consistent than water.

Drinkability: I'm done after this one.

2.38/5  rDev +16.7%

Obviously, this is a really generic beer that is about equivalent to tap water in terms of excitement. Mainly, people drink it because it contains alcohol and sodium. The best thing you can say about it is that it is not foul tasting. Goes well with V8.

Delicate flavours to say the least. There are no flaws in this beer but it is truly mild. Nice accompaniment to a hot humid day. People always dis on these kinds of beers, but I've had many good times where something this light is just what is called for.

2.3/5  rDev +12.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Coors Light is your standard typical pale macro lager.

It's definitely a lawnmower-type beer.
Summer brew - bon fires, bbq's, tailgates on a hot day.

Appearance is light yellow ( light straw)
Very light head - fades quickly.
Hardly any lacing.

Aroma is mild and watery.
You can't pick up any particular hops or malt, barley or rice.

There isn't much of an aftertaste and it is easy drinking.
Crisp. Light. Underlying Sweetness. Mild Toasted Corn.
It would be easy to down a bunch of these.
Its definitely something one would have to drink ice cold to avoid the notes that come from it if it wasn't.

It's not really offensive by any means, but it's not something I would purchase.
I didn't pair it with any particular food and was given to me by a friend for review.
If you want a light and tame-slightly flavored brew at a bar or other event, this is something that might be of interest to you.

Lord how I wish there was a ZERO available here. Am I being too harsh? No, not at all. This is an AWFUL beer. Drinkable? No. Pour yourself a tall glass of MINERAL water if you need the carbonation. This beer is JUNK.

The appearance is awful. Almost hazy and zero head. Yes. Zero head. Zero lacing. Zero everything. Smells like something disgusting. Tastes awful. Fizzy at best...this is carbonated for sure--does not taste like a lager or a pilsner or even a LIGHT BEER for that matter! The mouthfeel is nothing I want to share. This tastes like polluted water. Overall this is an AWFUL beer. You won't see a person who values their calories or their beer drinking this junk.

2.76/5  rDev +35.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 2.75

A: Fine looking beer. Not enough head.

S: Not much hops.

T: Not much taste. It's a beer for the masses. Church masses. Gawd bless 'merica.

M: Nice effervescence.

O: Safe, bland, flavorless, gassy, nice colour, easy to drink, yawn.

Hey Val, your life is kinda lame.

2.61/5  rDev +27.9%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

For the longest time I avoided this stuff, I always had it at frat houses and other less than stellar places. It has recently in the past 6 months become one of my favorite adjuncts though and I'll tell you why.

Lets take a second and be honest with ourselves, this beer is not meant to be poured from the can into a glass. I did so for review purposes however and it is a pale yellow color, as almost all adjunct lagers are.
The nose of this beer is very strange, it has a kind of corn / syrupy smell, with no hops detectable what so ever.
The taste of this beer when cold is actually pretty good! It has a very watery almost alka seltzer feel in the mouth, but the taste is light and refreshing with most of the taste being cereal grains. It has more flavor than the weird taste of bud-light. The after taste makes me think of Cheerios.

My overall impression of this beer is this, it is a beer brewed to serve a purpose and I think that it does exactly what it was intended to do. It's not a beer for complex analysis, you won't be drinking this wondering what those hops were or what the malt used was. But it is refreshing and when served cold as recommended it can hit the spot if it's what you were after. It's simple and not offensive, and sometimes that's good enough. Although there are many beers I would consider better I can't say that there's anything inherently wrong with this one.

1.45/5  rDev -28.9%

It took less than a minute from an aggressive 90 degree pour into a pub glass for the head to disappear. Foamy, like something that comes out of a Pepsi can.

I could taste notes of rice and corn flakes, the usual things found in the light beer department. Pale yellow in color resembling that of a common human excretory fluid. The after taste isn't too bad considering other light beer alternatives.

It's not too rough going down but if your aim is to get drunk, then this beer has a place in the beer bong. Don't torture yourself by drinking one at a time. How this is the light version of the "Original" is beyond me.

2.8/5  rDev +37.3%

Serving Type: Bottle at the beach

Appearance: Transparent Yellow/Goldish...taken straight from the bottle most of the time

Smell: Smells like my frat house

Taste: I don't know...

Mouthfeel: Like seltzer water, but not as bad as some of the macro's

Drinkability: Sure, I could drink this all day long, especially on a hot summer day at the beach - but would I enjoy it? Probably not.

Ah... the silver bullet.

Apperence...usually about 1:30 am when I am just trying to keep a buzz.

Smell and Taste can be combined. Little if any

Mouthfeel...like a soda

Drinkability...easy, it is flavorless. Until it gets warm.

This is my beer of choice when the end is drawing near on an evening if I am trying to maintain any decorum whatsoever. As long as it is cold, it is thoroughly boring, by thoroughly drinkable. If it warms up though... my god, don't let it warm up.

1.65/5  rDev -19.1%

This is, in my opinion, the worst of the popular American macro-brews. It is Bud Light without the drinkability, color, and clever ad campaigns.

Pouring an average head, this beer always appears to me to be too light for even a macro-light. My biggest qualm with Coors Light is its severe drop in drinkability as the temperature goes up. Quite simply, this beer is undrinkable if not absolutely ice cold.

If you're looking for something to take out on the boat, look elsewhere. There are more drinkable swills out there for an equal or smaller price tag.

1.98/5  rDev -2.9%

"Smooth fresh taste" my ass. I don't really know how, but someone managed to come up with a beer worse than Bud Light. If you want to down a few of these, it's not hard, but Bud Light seems to go down a little faster and in my opinion the "aroma" is less full of adjuncts for some reason ( i doubt it's because AB uses less.)

You can't approach it expecting a Belgian beer or anything, because whatever the manufacturers say, that's not the intent. The goal is to sell as much of it to young people as they can, and they're doing a damn fine job at that. Although personally I think the "Frost brew/rocky mountain cold/twins... etc" is all a bug distraction to prevent anyone from thinking about the quality of the beer.

Overall, acceptable for those huge parties when most people aren't looking for taste, if you know what I mean. But personally I'll give the nod for cheap American light beer to Bud.

Appearance- A brown bottle. The Silver Bullet baby.

Smell- very musty, but isn't a turn off to this beer.

Taste- Great standard taste for any beer, but the taste can get bad after around beer number 3.

Mouthfeel- big mouth. Easy to down.

Drinkability- One of the most drinkable beers out there. If you're at a get together, I'd recommend this. If you're on a special occasion, avoid this beer. (Superbowls, and parties are perfect for this beer)

1.55/5  rDev -24%

Brother in-law left a six-pack,and I didn't have time to hit the packie. I put them in the freezer to get them as cold as possible, I was actually attempting to freeze my taste buds, the poor things go through enough as it is. Even at 28 degrees the overwhelming urine smell was present, finished 2, choked down half of a third one, ate 3 peanut butter sandwiches then set my face on fire, still can't get the taste out of my gob. I can't believe I used to actually "pay" for this stuff...ah live and learn

3.32/5  rDev +62.7%

I am going to review this with only light beers in mind. I like the high carbonation. I like to feel the bite when I drink my beer. Light don't have much in the taste and smell department, but as far as light beers go this has the best flavor to me. It feels good on the palate and is very east to drink on a hot afternoon.

2.51/5  rDev +23%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

As a college student, Coors is my daily bread as Jesus was to beer. It sucks, the mouthfeel, taste, and smell are horrible. Yet, because i'm in college and I drink this all the time the drinkability is pretty damn good. So damn bubbly, this beer will make you burp all day long. Don't be fooled by their flashy "blue mountains" bullshit. This beer is shit. However, drink Coors light on a hot day and you will think your re-hydrating yourself with pure, natural, spring water. Drink it as a refreshment, nothing else. If you prefer pissy water drink coors piss... if not, PBR, Yuengling, and a lot of other beers are cheaper and much tastier.

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company