Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros

2.25/5  rDev +11.9%

A - Arrived with no head (in a frozen mug). Once the frost cleared, there was very limited visible carbonation. The beer itself was a crystal clear pale straw color. No retention. No lacing.

S - Not much to speak of. Maybe a mild sweetness.

T - Sweet. Almost no hop presence at all. Maybe none period. The sweetness is difficult to describe. Not very pleasant.

M - Water. With some astringency.

O - Not sure how this beer became as popular as it is. Redeeming characteristic is a price point close to soda. I ordered it as an experiment to see if I still found this beer to be a refreshing, inoffensive beverage. I did not find this enjoyable to drink. Would order water next time.

2.33/5  rDev +15.9%

A: pint glass. pours a bright yellow color, almost vitamin enriched urine like. White head that is gone almost immediately. almost no lacing.

S: smells like a combination of wet cardboard and corm malts. no hop aroma at all.

T: sweet corn malts, with a light hint of citrus. that is about it.

M:The carbonation level is insane, way too high for me. thin-bodied. crisp to an extent.

D: I have had several of these in one sitting, but only because I was going for longevity at a bar watching football, with no other alternatives.

1.25/5  rDev -37.8%

1.75/5  rDev -12.9%

2.5/5  rDev +24.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Appearance: Completely translucent pale yellow. Had a white head that disappeared almost instantly.

Aroma: Almost no smell. Just a bit of corn and yeast.

Taste: A watered down pilsener. No malt presence because that has been replaced with corn or some other adjunct. A hint of bitterness right at the beginning but nothing after that.

Mouthfeel: Besides the taste, everything about this beer reminds me of a highly carbonated soda.

Final Thoughts: As far as macro lagers go, I've had worse. However, there are a lot of craft brewers making pilseners that completely take the cake compared to this one. So if you really like this style then check out your local brewery's selection.

3.34/5  rDev +66.2%

Poured from 12oz bottle into pint glass while it's SUPER COLD!! THANKS COACH!

A- It looks really pale with a tiny white bubbly head that dissappears quickly

S- it smells a lot better than the miller light I just had. Some corn scents but also smells sweeter than most "lower class" beers

T- Hmmm I'm very surprised. It's significantly better than bud and miller lights. Sweet taste of corn but not really terrible

M- Feels like drinkin a fountain soda

O- For what beers this is compared too this is amazing! But to compare this to other beers isn't fair as it sucks in that regard. That being said, I'm going to compare this to Bud and Miller and give it a thumbs up

2.25/5  rDev +11.9%

2.18/5  rDev +8.5%

Drank from a can.

A: Clear golden color with a white fizzy head that dissipates with no lacing.

S: Grain and corn. Uninteresting, but nothing bad.

T: Grain. Light biscuit flavor. Not much flavor though.

M: Light bodied and watery. Lots of carbonation. Refreshing.

O: I'm trying to be unbiased here. The beer was mostly plain and uninteresting, but there was nothing bad about it. It is affordable, which is a plus.

3.75/5  rDev +86.6%

2.7/5  rDev +34.3%

When I want to drink a good beer, this is not the first thing I go for. Generally, I will work my way down a list before coming to this, but if I run into a beer list that looks like Amheuser and Coors wrote it, I will probably go with a Coors Light, or as I like to think of it, one of the lesser evils. It's piss water, let's be frank here. There's nothing to it but a little flavor and a little alcohol, but I can drink this stuff all night long and it won't bother me, it doesn't give you that nasty mouth tasts other cheap brands seem to. If you're going cheap, I guess go Coors Light.

1.38/5  rDev -31.3%

in school a couple buddies and i were sitting round the kitchen table playing Bizz Buzz. we ran out of beer and found a 12 in the cupboard. after tossing it into the freezer for a half hour we tore into it.

barf-o-la!!!

it had turned to half vinegar! remember, not pasteurized! we were sick.

20 years later and i tried it again. this time it was ice cold.

gag-o-la!!! (slightly better than the previous taste) as ron white said bout his dog, i woulda licked my butt in order to get the taste out of my mouth!

pass it by.

suckem up and movem out!

giblet

3.09/5  rDev +53.7%

Big head with a vicious pour that fades to nothing. Crystal clear; a little light on color for the style.

Faint malt sweetness in the smell. Not much else.

Faintly sweet malt taste, a tiny hop bitterness at the very end.

Highly carbonated and thin.

When you're looking to this style, I'd go with Miller light, but I wouldn't turn it down if someone bought me one at a ball game.

2.33/5  rDev +15.9%

Uch. Canned Coors light, for some odd reasons, reminds me of creamed corn. Really pale colour. Clear sky yellow. Smelled of chemical water. Do they brew this at a nuclear plant? Tasted like watered down beer. Very watered down beer. As in one bottle Budweiser, 2 litres Aquafina. Very thin, paper thin mouthfeel. Weak. Yes, this could be highly drinkable, but why? Switch to something better or get water and mix some vodka in it if you want an alcoholic beverage. Or just drink water. Do not try.

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company