Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

awful

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
BeanBone

2.4/5  rDev +19.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 3.5

Appearance: A pale golden body with a white head that recedes at a rate I've never seen, it destroys itself in mere seconds.

Aroma: Thinner than thin, with only the barest whiff of grain. Blink and you miss it.

Taste: Much fuller than the aroma would suggest, but still a very thin flavor profile. A sweet and grainy base with a little more "hop" flavor than most in this style. Bland, but better than many light lagers.

Mouthfeel: As you would expect, light-bodied and fizzy with a dry finish.

Drinkability: The only thing holding you back is the boring flavor profile.

Verdict: Another very boring Light Lager, but quite probably the one I'd reach for from a cooler stocked with only Bud Light, Miller Lite, and Coors Light. It's not as skunky as Miller Lite and just a little bit better tasting than Bud Light.

03-06-2009 02:28:17 | More by BeanBone

Maryland

12-14-2012 08:12:15 | More by cjac
Jarod

2.05/5  rDev +2%

This was like drinking water, overly priced water. I might as well as be drinking Poland Springs or something. There are only 2 things I can say about this imposter beer.
1) The color hides the taste, it almost looks like a real beer.
2) Tastes great when it is given away free. (As long as the food that you are eating hides most of it)

10-24-2002 13:23:10 | More by Jarod

1.75/5  rDev -12.9%

10-07-2013 17:31:29 | More by davegray
BeerAndBourbon

1.43/5  rDev -28.9%

A. Pale yellow with a very thin white head that vaporizes almost instantly.

S. No real smell.

T. Not much beer taste. Metallic and harsh.

M. Watery with a good deal of carbonation.

D. Hard to drink. Not recommended.

My mom told me that when this beer wasn't available everywhere, they would have people bring it back from vacations in Colorado. Why?

07-22-2007 06:04:48 | More by BeerAndBourbon
SHCC

02-25-2012 19:01:19 | More by SHCC
DemoniChris

Nebraska

06-25-2013 20:37:24 | More by DemoniChris
aqualung23

1.2/5  rDev -40.3%

BA says that reviews should have something constructive, but that's very difficult with this one. As I'm sure most of us on here are not generally fans of American mega brewery light "beers" (I have a hard time calling this beer), I think Coors light stands above them all as probably the worst mass produced brew from any major company. It is simply too watered down to be an enjoyable beer, and I will sadly admit that I think less of people when they order it.

12-24-2013 18:27:14 | More by aqualung23
goschool

1.48/5  rDev -26.4%
look: 1 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

The mountain had turned blue on the label of my bottle, ensuring me that its contents will be perfectly cold-tasting. Good times...

Appearance: This one pours an embarassingly light straw with a wispy white head.

Smell: There is a tiny bit of grains and even less hops in the nose.

Taste: Not much going on in the flavor profile. The aromas translate to slightly stronger flavors and some sweet corn adjuncts join the mix.

Mouthfeel: I use the term aqueous in my reviews to describe some really thin beers, but this one is plain old watery.

Drinkability: Why can't people spare my palate by purchasing High Life or PBR instead of crap like this?

05-12-2007 22:52:18 | More by goschool

Oklahoma

07-15-2014 00:32:28 | More by jmbranum
kinger

1.02/5  rDev -49.3%

This was offered to me by my friend yesterday. I've had coors light numerous times in all forms. I have never been a big fan of this beer there is something odd with the taste that I have always disliked. Aroma is of weak malts and corn, appearance is pale light yellow, mouthfeel is thin and watery, and the flavor is simply not good. This is likely my least favorite of major light beers. Will not spend my money on this but will drink it if it's my only option.

07-31-2008 18:33:11 | More by kinger
Lukebell15

08-25-2013 00:14:51 | More by Lukebell15
Barnsley

07-30-2013 16:31:04 | More by Barnsley
Beastdog75

1.95/5  rDev -3%

Coors Light... the Silver Bullet. Without a shadow of a doubt the most tasteless beer in the entire world. It also happens to be by far the most popular beer where I live. I've seen entire refridgerator cases devoted just to this stuff. Disgraceful.

Coors Light pours an extremely pale straw color that reminds me of a white sparkling apple cider I once had. Very active carbonation. The extremely thin, fizzy head disappears almost instantaneously. It has a sweet, fruity smell to it, like canned pears and apples. It has a much too watery, soda-like mouthfeel. There is a slightly sweet grain taste up front, but everywhere else on the palette it is almost devoid of taste. The closest thing to alcoholic water there is. No dryness and no bitterness. Same thing with the aftertaste, except the occasional "canned fruit" taste makes its way through. And of course, no alcoholic warmth.

I gave this a high drinkability because it is very easy to chug down. If you can drink water, you can drink this. I find the taste non-offensive, but it has to have taste in order for me to give that category a good mark. My recommendation is to save it for parties. Even then, make this your last possible resort if no other brew is available.

Edit - this review was written when the "overall" rating was called "drinkability." I have not changed my score for this, but in no way do I feel that this beer merits a 3.5 "overall."

11-11-2002 23:55:08 | More by Beastdog75
rayjay

Hawaii

2.93/5  rDev +45.8%

Drank a few cans of this last night so here's the review. Color looks pale and nasty yellow...I love IPA's and pilsners that are light colored, but this looks thin and nasty. The taste is predominatly carbonated water, tastes like they added instant beer flavor to it. Really fizzy soda-pop beer.

Good stuff: it's balanced, and it's so light I could probably drink a whole case, but why would I want to? Cute little hoppy bite, definately nothing to write home about. Not really much to say here, except that I feel like I'm drinking an unsweetened Sprite. Drink only when absolutely neccessary.

09-17-2006 21:14:44 | More by rayjay
gnikola

Serbia

01-17-2013 13:28:39 | More by gnikola
Lupe

2.5/5  rDev +24.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3.5

Color is a very pale yellow, one of the lightest. White head does not last long at all. The body and mouthfeel are both thin. Clean malt aroma and flavor. I agree with the ads, the only thing that sets Coors apart from the other wretched light beers is the water, which makes it crisp and refreshing. Very easy to drink, but why bother.

08-13-2002 11:20:04 | More by Lupe
Padron4KM

Arizona

1.15/5  rDev -42.8%

12 oz can.

Very pale yellow, almost colorless, with a fizzy white head.

Not much of an aroma, faint corn, sunk.

Flavor is non existant. fizzy water. Maybe some grain.

What a waste of time. Low abv and no flavor, I guess you could pound 50 or so of these in a day, but why?

02-25-2007 04:28:40 | More by Padron4KM