Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,194 | Hads: 4,598
1.32/5  rDev -36.8%

Dry mouth. Parched palate. My throat seeks succor and salvation in any kind of beverage...here's a can handy. I'll down it, whatever it is...couldn't hurt..?

Pale, just slightly yellow coloring, bordering on white, with a head that starts white and full but dies in seconds flat.

Sweet corn in the nose, but flat and empty beyond...mostly, I smell "wet"...so, I'm guessing this is sweetened water?

Taste: let me amend that: SPOILED water. Sweetness, which might stand in for taste, is missing and so is any other kind of flavor. Flat. Decrepit. Utterly innocuous, and deeply disappointing. For those uninterested in flavor, and eager to accept into their systems a weak, watery alcohol delivery system.

Really, no appeal is found inside this can...yuk! As far from beer as I can imagine...how does anyone actually enjoy this?
Light, yes, but each gulp resounds with vapidity. There's so little here it can't escape from it's flaws, and can only be tolerated by those who can't imagine anything else, with character, taste, texture, or any of those other extra amenities.

My insides have been moistened, yes, but my soul aches from the cheap, lifeless atrocity of this mistake of a beer. Worse, it's actually an abuse of water.

No wonder they refer so frequently to the cold taste on the label of this can and in the advertising, for there isn't any other "taste" inside that they boast of...wait, "cold" isn't a taste...

(Drinkability gets a "1" because if I ever wanted more than one of these, you may as well take me out and shoot me!) (1,559 characters)

2.17/5  rDev +3.8%

Review #1400!

From 07/16/11 notes. Poured from a 12 oz. silver bullet can into a pint glass. Let's do this.

a - Pours a hazy pale yellow color with two inches of bright white head and high carbonation evident. No head retention or lacing. Looks like piss.

s - Smells of corn, vegetables, grain, and light sweet and skunky notes. Not the best, but not the worst smelling BMC product.

t - Tastes of grain, corn, and bready malts. Bland, but not offensive. Probably the highlight of the beer.

m - Light, watery body and high carbonation. Overcarbonated and water like.

o - Overall not a very good beer, but not the worst out there. Very bland and waterlike. I prefer Bud Light of the light beers, but this is better than Miller Lite. (736 characters)

2.39/5  rDev +14.4%

The mountains on the can were blue, so it was cold enough to drink. Following instructions.

Poured from a 12 ounce can into a shaker pint. Beer is light yellow and clear. Carbonation is quite active, medium bubbles. It forms a soapy white head, large bubbles that falls away quickly leaving a monolayer of small diffuse bubbles that slowly breaks. There is no lacing on the glass.

Aroma is odd, almost nothing, some malt sweetness but its really weak, there is also kind of an unpleasant biting harsh undertone to the whole thing. Me no likey.

It doesn't taste like anything. Its like water. Nevermind. (605 characters)

1.18/5  rDev -43.5%

Can poured into a standard pint.

A - Pours clear straw yellow with a two finger tall white head leaving no lacing down the glass.

S - Smells of pale malts, little to no hops, and a strange metallic note. That is about it. Not too good.

T - Tastes like water with a few things thrown in. Very faint pale malts and no hops at all. How do people even consider this beer? They should just market this as flavored water.

M - Light body and flavor with moderate carbonation.

O - Oh how I remember the days. While the silver bullet is pound-able the taste leaves A LOT to be desired. Just not good at all. (604 characters)

1.25/5  rDev -40.2%

7 oz. bottle--

Pours almost clear with a thin white head that soon becomes a few bubbles. No lacing remains.
The smell is a slight whiff of sulfur.
The taste was like iced tap water. After a short while, it tastes like stagnant water. A slight chemical taste creeps through to distinguish it from tap water. No hints of any specific flavor.
It would be as refreshing as cold tap water if the sulfur-like feel wasn't there.
This is not good - not even for a light beer - I tried it to see why it was popular. I tried to be objective and rate it in comparison to other light beers (though the concept still baffles me in a way)- but, it turned out to be nothing. (667 characters)

2.45/5  rDev +17.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

Pint on tap at Peppino’s Pizza in SC.
Pour is clear, light golden with a very good white head.
This very weak beer needs more ingredients overall, but needs hops in particular as this is overly sweet despite the minimal grain bill. Weak, unattractive aroma.
Still mildly refreshing and certainly not awful ... or flavorful. (327 characters)

1.94/5  rDev -7.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

A: Pours a crystal clear pale lemon yellow in color with some moderate to significant amounts of visible carbonation. The beer has a two finger tall fizzy white head that quickly reduces to a mottled extremely thin film covering about tow thirds of the surface of the beer and a thin ring at the edges of the glass. Minimal to light amounts of lacing are observed.

S: Light aromas of grainy malts with just a very light hint of floral hops. Very little smell to this beer.

T: Very light flavors of pale malts with some grainy adjunct sweetness and just a super light hint of floral hops. Very little bitterness and it fades almost immediately. There is very little taste to this beer.

M: Light bodied with moderate to heavy amounts of carbonation. Very thin/watery.

O: The beer is very easy to drink - it is quite similar to a club soda or seltzer water (and has about as much smell/taste). There is not much to say about this beer other than it reminds me of beach trips during college since it was essentially hydration. Probably the easiest to drink of the BMC light beers. (1,080 characters)

2.55/5  rDev +22%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

The beer pours a very pale gold color with a thick frizzy white head that quickly fades to spotty lacing. The aroma is below average. It has a dry lager yeast aroma with the faintest hint of pilsner malt. The taste is below average as well. There really is little malt taste at all. It's basically watered down regular Coors. It goes down quick and finishes dry and clean. The mouthfeel is average. It is a low bodied beer with good carbonation. This is the standard for light macro lagers. I don't see the attraction here. (523 characters)

1.9/5  rDev -9.1%

Poured into Sam Adams Sensory Glass.

Color is a clear straw light yellow. Carbonation bubbles stick all around the glass. Pours a 1 and 1/2 finger head that fizzles down instantly.

Aroma is grainy and metallic-like.

Taste is pretty much the same thing, except more heavy of the metallic taste. Nothing that I am enjoying.

Mouthfeel is very very crisp. High Carbonation. Light bodied. Ends with a sticky grainy aftertaste.

Overall, I am glad I got this from a buddy. I would never buy it. I will definitely stay away from this one. (535 characters)

2.38/5  rDev +13.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Had on tap a a Shorebirds game in Salisbury, MD.

A: Straw/pale yellow in color with a fizzy white head on top that had very little retention and spotty lacing.

S: Adjunct, some corn, light malt, and an ever so slight sweetness.

T: Not very exciting, some biscuity malt, adjunct, very light hop presence. There is a hint of grassy/citrus, but barely.

M: Light bodied with medium to high carbonation.

O: Hard to say which of the big three light lagers I prefer, if any over the other. They aren't beers I buy from a store, only when given to me at functions or stadiums, as was the case here. (599 characters)

2.52/5  rDev +20.6%

Can from Rhino. Thanks bud.

The beer is extremely light yellow and completely transparent. The head is dense and pure white, measuring an inch and a half. The aroma is weak, offering virtually nothing. The flavor is plain and simple, and surprisingly unoffensive. Bland? Yes. Awesome? Certainly not. Grain and sweetness. Thin bodied and poundable. It is what it is. Certainly not the worst of the macro light lagers. (417 characters)

2.26/5  rDev +8.1%

I am nearly at bottle # 400 which will free me up to refocus on what really matters, namely The CANQuest (TM). In the meantime, anything in a bottle will do.

I would get a finger of fizzy bone-white head briefly after the pour, but it would disappear as quickly as my students after the bell rings. Color was a light lemon-yellow with NE-quality clarity. Nose was faintly lager sweet, but with an adjunct scent also. More rice than corn, but still pretty bland. Mouthfeel was effervescent, fizzy, like drinking pop. The taste was so bland and nearly nonexistent that I found myself wondering why I had bothered. Finish was nearly tasteless, watery and bland. I had a better time drinking all of that malt likker yesterday. At least they tasted like something ... (763 characters)

1.8/5  rDev -13.9%

I had a can of this at a party. I figured you have to remember where you started. I figured wrong.

A- Pouring this into a pint glass this appeared a straw yellow color like most light lagers but this one almost resembles colored water. A fizzy white head came and went. No lace.

S- A bit grainy, a bit metalic. Not picking up any distinguishing malts or hops but I guess they are in there.

T- See above. Also taste like carbonated water with light alcohol. Out of the big 3 this one taste most like water. I can't see how people drink this stuff in excess, it's disturbing to me.

M- highly carbonated leaving a very crisp but unpleasent taste. Thin bodied.

D- Nope, not this one. Could not finish the can. I was thinking of giving it to my dog but decided to pour it down the drain properly instead.

I won't give it a failing grade because it's an easy out if you need to bring "something" to a party (906 characters)

1.62/5  rDev -22.5%

Appearance: pours a very light yellow color with a 1" head that breaks down immediately. No lace develops.

Smell: some sweetness is all you can pull from the glass.

Taste: minimal malt profile with some soft sweetness, and almost no bitterness. Compared to a light beer like Sam Adams, this is almost flavorless in the style.

Mouthfeel: light in body. Crisp throughout. Clean aftertaste.

Drinkability: I could barely finish half a glass of this. If you want a light beer, go to Sam Adams or a basic german pilsner. (518 characters)

Pours a pale golden color with a loose, bubbly head that quickly fades. The nose is grainy and grassy. The taste is grainy, but has a decent hop character. The mouthfeel is super light, a little heavily carbonated, and smooth.

Of all the macros out there this is one of the better ones. It's smooth and crisp and doesn't have any of the metallic off flavors that you often find in this style. (393 characters)

1.35/5  rDev -35.4%

On-tap at Zubie's in Huntington Beach, CA, bummed some off of my softball teammates, since it was free for me,

A: Pours a pale, insipid yellow, really no head to speak of, coming out of the tap, there were just a smattering of bubbles.

S: No smell, smells like water, if I was being nice, I would say it has a slight hint of malt and corn.

T: Pretty tasteless, a bit of malt and corn, no hops to speak of, carbonated water is the major taste.

M: Watery, light, seltzery.

D: Fine for a light beer, its tasteless nature makes it easy to drink or pound, but not something I would order regularly. Editing again after trying a bottle, it just got so boring I left it half full. (678 characters)

1.7/5  rDev -18.7%

How low can a beer Advocate go? this is pretty much the bottom. Tried a can I took home a month or two ago from a party. (hey, at least I didnt have topay for this backwash) Pours very light yellow, very clear, very white head, which quickly departs. Slight sugary nose. Too watery. No flavor, no hops no malt. Besides those obvious problems its great stuff. (358 characters)

2.25/5  rDev +7.7%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

No idea where this was brewed: The UK or the US (or anywhere else on earth). 27th Sep 2013 I visit a local club for a charity auction and I spy this huge font with 'Coors Light' on it. Never seen it before as the bars I tend to use wouldn't sell this stuff.

I buy a half: and quite enjoyed it in a perverse sort of way!

Cold, refreshing and clean tasting (not much malt and hop flavour, but clean tasting). It's very pale urine in colour with a white head, at least my half-pint was.

Odourless and tasteless, yet not really bad, just not very beery. This ticks off one of the highest reviewed beers I'd never had before (the main reason I decided to have a glass). Heineken and Budweiser are my next bland lager targets! (723 characters)

1.19/5  rDev -43.1%

After about 6 years of not touching this stuff, I ran into last night. Against my instincts, I tried one.

Yup. Light, pale, yellow. Almost clear except for the bubbles. Foaming, soapy head was huge, but sank to a very light collar, then disappeared.

Corn husk and old sock aromas. Faint, but bad

No taste aside from stale malt, corn husk and dust.
No mouthfeel aside from carbonation, which actually ups the drinkability. (425 characters)

1.78/5  rDev -14.8%

Why you ask? Because I was able to snag this from my friend's 30 pack. On to the beer:

Poured into a pilsner glass, it pours a very pale and almost clear color, with a good head for a brief minute before dropping to nothing. Aroma is sweet, such as it is. The flaovor is mostly tasteless, but is saved by just a little spoonful of corn syrup sweetness. Hops are very faint in the background. Despite the carbonation action in the body, it tasted almost flat.

The can states it's "crisp and refreshing" Where's the crispness? Well, at least there were no major off-flavors, but it was still beer diluted with water. Coors Light has about 30% fewer calories as the Original, and now I know why; I couldn't finish the last 30% of this! (739 characters)

1.75/5  rDev -16.3%

Cheap beer, Coors Light be thy name.

Picked on up at my girlfriend's who had leftovers after a party. All I can say is I wish I was already drunk while drinking this.

I wouldn't say the taste is awful, but only because I've had Old Mil and Milwaukee's Best and nothing is worse than those. It's a little sour with almost a faux-malt taste and a touch of alcohol.

Nothing extraordinary or bad about the mouthfeel. Coors Light simply is.

Overall, it could be worse. I'd never pay for this, but as this can was free, what the hell.

I think my girlfriend puts it best, "MMmmmm, piss in a can. Gotta love it." (619 characters)

typical mass-produced macrobeer. smeels and taste like water, corn and metal. only good for fraternity parties and in huge mugs at Midevil Times. Pours a very pale golden yellow color with very thin fizzy head that dissapeard immediately. Smells like the floor of a fraternity house blended with corn syrup. Gross. (314 characters)

2.56/5  rDev +22.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

My brother drinks this regularly, despite my efforts to convert him this is still his go to beer.

Pours a pale straw with a thin head. Smells of faint malt and hops. Taste is thin and watery, typical of an american macro. Better than some macro's but still not all that good. (276 characters)

1.8/5  rDev -13.9%

Why did I review this? Because it was there? Because wherever I was had nothing else I hadn't reviewed, and nothing else worth drinking? Well, whatever, what's done is done.

Pours an extremely pale yellow colour, with absolutely no head when it's served, even from the tap pour. Lots of streaming carbonation, but I guess the body is so light it can't retain a head at all. Looks like piss in a glass.

Almost nothing on the nose. A little bit sweet, a touch grainy and corny perhaps. A bit of honey and banana, not great characters for the style, and overly sweet, even though there's almost nothing to it. Blech.

Taste is similar. A little bit of corny grain with a slight sweet banana twinge. Light on the palate, but feels bloating with carbonation, and I swear the "light" is meant to avoid the bloat, right?

Yeah, it's a lame beer. I didn't expect anything else. Remind me not to go places that have nothing better on tap. (931 characters)

2.12/5  rDev +1.4%

Pours a clear pale yellow, with lots of carbonation.

Smell is yeasty with a noticeable banana scent, faint grain smell.

Taste is mild grain and yeast with that same faint trace of Banana I smelled. OK but under flavored. Beats Michelob Ultra though.

Mouthfeel is present.

Drinkable, but not good, there really are no good light beers. (346 characters)

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company