Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

awful

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
1.18/5  rDev -41.3%

Can poured into a standard pint.

A - Pours clear straw yellow with a two finger tall white head leaving no lacing down the glass.

S - Smells of pale malts, little to no hops, and a strange metallic note. That is about it. Not too good.

T - Tastes like water with a few things thrown in. Very faint pale malts and no hops at all. How do people even consider this beer? They should just market this as flavored water.

M - Light body and flavor with moderate carbonation.

O - Oh how I remember the days. While the silver bullet is pound-able the taste leaves A LOT to be desired. Just not good at all.

orangesol, Mar 30, 2011
2.28/5  rDev +13.4%

I am nearly at bottle # 400 which will free me up to refocus on what really matters, namely The CANQuest (TM). In the meantime, anything in a bottle will do.

I would get a finger of fizzy bone-white head briefly after the pour, but it would disappear as quickly as my students after the bell rings. Color was a light lemon-yellow with NE-quality clarity. Nose was faintly lager sweet, but with an adjunct scent also. More rice than corn, but still pretty bland. Mouthfeel was effervescent, fizzy, like drinking pop. The taste was so bland and nearly nonexistent that I found myself wondering why I had bothered. Finish was nearly tasteless, watery and bland. I had a better time drinking all of that malt likker yesterday. At least they tasted like something ...

woodychandler, Dec 20, 2010
1.25/5  rDev -37.8%

duceswild, Mar 05, 2014

typical mass-produced macrobeer. smeels and taste like water, corn and metal. only good for fraternity parties and in huge mugs at Midevil Times. Pours a very pale golden yellow color with very thin fizzy head that dissapeard immediately. Smells like the floor of a fraternity house blended with corn syrup. Gross.

corby112, Dec 02, 2008
1.93/5  rDev -4%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

A: Pours a crystal clear pale lemon yellow in color with some moderate to significant amounts of visible carbonation. The beer has a two finger tall fizzy white head that quickly reduces to a mottled extremely thin film covering about tow thirds of the surface of the beer and a thin ring at the edges of the glass. Minimal to light amounts of lacing are observed.

S: Light aromas of grainy malts with just a very light hint of floral hops. Very little smell to this beer.

T: Very light flavors of pale malts with some grainy adjunct sweetness and just a super light hint of floral hops. Very little bitterness and it fades almost immediately. There is very little taste to this beer.

M: Light bodied with moderate to heavy amounts of carbonation. Very thin/watery.

O: The beer is very easy to drink - it is quite similar to a club soda or seltzer water (and has about as much smell/taste). There is not much to say about this beer other than it reminds me of beach trips during college since it was essentially hydration. Probably the easiest to drink of the BMC light beers.

dbrauneis, Feb 28, 2013
1.65/5  rDev -17.9%

How low can a beer Advocate go? this is pretty much the bottom. Tried a can I took home a month or two ago from a party. (hey, at least I didnt have topay for this backwash) Pours very light yellow, very clear, very white head, which quickly departs. Slight sugary nose. Too watery. No flavor, no hops no malt. Besides those obvious problems its great stuff.

Billolick, Feb 25, 2005
1.83/5  rDev -9%

Why did I review this? Because it was there? Because wherever I was had nothing else I hadn't reviewed, and nothing else worth drinking? Well, whatever, what's done is done.

Pours an extremely pale yellow colour, with absolutely no head when it's served, even from the tap pour. Lots of streaming carbonation, but I guess the body is so light it can't retain a head at all. Looks like piss in a glass.

Almost nothing on the nose. A little bit sweet, a touch grainy and corny perhaps. A bit of honey and banana, not great characters for the style, and overly sweet, even though there's almost nothing to it. Blech.

Taste is similar. A little bit of corny grain with a slight sweet banana twinge. Light on the palate, but feels bloating with carbonation, and I swear the "light" is meant to avoid the bloat, right?

Yeah, it's a lame beer. I didn't expect anything else. Remind me not to go places that have nothing better on tap.

lacqueredmouse, Oct 25, 2010
1.73/5  rDev -13.9%

Cheap beer, Coors Light be thy name.

Picked on up at my girlfriend's who had leftovers after a party. All I can say is I wish I was already drunk while drinking this.

I wouldn't say the taste is awful, but only because I've had Old Mil and Milwaukee's Best and nothing is worse than those. It's a little sour with almost a faux-malt taste and a touch of alcohol.

Nothing extraordinary or bad about the mouthfeel. Coors Light simply is.

Overall, it could be worse. I'd never pay for this, but as this can was free, what the hell.

I think my girlfriend puts it best, "MMmmmm, piss in a can. Gotta love it."

tempest, Sep 14, 2005

Georgiabeer, May 12, 2014

LXIXME, Feb 15, 2014
1.88/5  rDev -6.5%

Poured into Sam Adams Sensory Glass.

Color is a clear straw light yellow. Carbonation bubbles stick all around the glass. Pours a 1 and 1/2 finger head that fizzles down instantly.

Aroma is grainy and metallic-like.

Taste is pretty much the same thing, except more heavy of the metallic taste. Nothing that I am enjoying.

Mouthfeel is very very crisp. High Carbonation. Light bodied. Ends with a sticky grainy aftertaste.

Overall, I am glad I got this from a buddy. I would never buy it. I will definitely stay away from this one.

mothman, May 08, 2009

ejimhof, Nov 23, 2011
2.53/5  rDev +25.9%

Can from Rhino. Thanks bud.

The beer is extremely light yellow and completely transparent. The head is dense and pure white, measuring an inch and a half. The aroma is weak, offering virtually nothing. The flavor is plain and simple, and surprisingly unoffensive. Bland? Yes. Awesome? Certainly not. Grain and sweetness. Thin bodied and poundable. It is what it is. Certainly not the worst of the macro light lagers.

Huhzubendah, Aug 23, 2011

A wide-mouthed can, complete with a color strip telling me that the beer is cold enough. My hand told me that too.

A: While consumed from a can, the pale color is undeniable. A thin head, evident from the first cracking of the can, is just that - thin.

S: The nose is boring, light grains, not even biscuity, and something resembling hops. A little bit of life, just what I'd expect.

T: Bland but fizzy, giving the appearance of flavor. Light and inoffensive, the lager is boring. Biscuits, adjuncts and a bit of hops, none of which scale to the level of enjoyable. I do like the wide mouth though, pours nice and smooth.

M: Watery and light, the lager doesn't bring anything to the table. One's good enough for me.

akorsak, Jul 17, 2011
1.75/5  rDev -12.9%

Why you ask? Because I was able to snag this from my friend's 30 pack. On to the beer:

Poured into a pilsner glass, it pours a very pale and almost clear color, with a good head for a brief minute before dropping to nothing. Aroma is sweet, such as it is. The flaovor is mostly tasteless, but is saved by just a little spoonful of corn syrup sweetness. Hops are very faint in the background. Despite the carbonation action in the body, it tasted almost flat.

The can states it's "crisp and refreshing" Where's the crispness? Well, at least there were no major off-flavors, but it was still beer diluted with water. Coors Light has about 30% fewer calories as the Original, and now I know why; I couldn't finish the last 30% of this!

DoubleJ, Jun 20, 2007
1.8/5  rDev -10.4%

I had a can of this at a party. I figured you have to remember where you started. I figured wrong.

A- Pouring this into a pint glass this appeared a straw yellow color like most light lagers but this one almost resembles colored water. A fizzy white head came and went. No lace.

S- A bit grainy, a bit metalic. Not picking up any distinguishing malts or hops but I guess they are in there.

T- See above. Also taste like carbonated water with light alcohol. Out of the big 3 this one taste most like water. I can't see how people drink this stuff in excess, it's disturbing to me.

M- highly carbonated leaving a very crisp but unpleasent taste. Thin bodied.

D- Nope, not this one. Could not finish the can. I was thinking of giving it to my dog but decided to pour it down the drain properly instead.

I won't give it a failing grade because it's an easy out if you need to bring "something" to a party

BARFLYB, Feb 13, 2009
2.4/5  rDev +19.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Had on tap a a Shorebirds game in Salisbury, MD.

A: Straw/pale yellow in color with a fizzy white head on top that had very little retention and spotty lacing.

S: Adjunct, some corn, light malt, and an ever so slight sweetness.

T: Not very exciting, some biscuity malt, adjunct, very light hop presence. There is a hint of grassy/citrus, but barely.

M: Light bodied with medium to high carbonation.

O: Hard to say which of the big three light lagers I prefer, if any over the other. They aren't beers I buy from a store, only when given to me at functions or stadiums, as was the case here.

mdaschaf, Jul 21, 2011
2.28/5  rDev +13.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

(Served in a strange)
A- This beer pours a pale yellow hue to a crystal clear body with only 1 or 2 tiny bubbles of fizz in the body. The head fizzes as the snow white head dissipates before the glass can even get to my lips.
S- This beer has a soft faint grain note that is soon gone and only a clean aroma with a faint sulfur hint is left.
T- The very soft green apple hard candy note finishes with a field corn note that lingers a bit. There is a slight watery taste that covers these flavors as the beer warms.
M- This beer has a medium-light mouthfeel with a watery texture and a bit of a flat texture on the tongue.
D- This beer has no off flavors except for the green apple candy note. It would have been nice to see even a hint of hop or grain but there was really just nothing.

rhoadsrage, Mar 10, 2010
2.1/5  rDev +4.5%

Pours a clear pale yellow, with lots of carbonation.

Smell is yeasty with a noticeable banana scent, faint grain smell.

Taste is mild grain and yeast with that same faint trace of Banana I smelled. OK but under flavored. Beats Michelob Ultra though.

Mouthfeel is present.

Drinkable, but not good, there really are no good light beers.

Zorro, Mar 07, 2004
1.53/5  rDev -23.9%

Pours a one finger white head that fades quickly to a thin layer leaving no lace. Crystal clear pale straw color, like looking through colored water. Light-medium carbonation and very light bodied. Faint corn nose? Flavor is lacking, mostly hints of corn, no hops, no malt. Fortunately a tiny bottle. Remarkably similar to MGD 64 Light. Took me over 2800 bottles before I reviewed - no more over with! $1.25 for a 7oz bottle from Colonial Spirits Acton, MA.

jdhilt, Aug 16, 2010
1.5/5  rDev -25.4%

afsdan, May 21, 2014
1.18/5  rDev -41.3%

After about 6 years of not touching this stuff, I ran into last night. Against my instincts, I tried one.

Yup. Light, pale, yellow. Almost clear except for the bubbles. Foaming, soapy head was huge, but sank to a very light collar, then disappeared.

Corn husk and old sock aromas. Faint, but bad

No taste aside from stale malt, corn husk and dust.
No mouthfeel aside from carbonation, which actually ups the drinkability.

Mebuzzard, Aug 18, 2010
1.53/5  rDev -23.9%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Pours a light yellow color, nice carbonation, small white head, with some sticky lacing left behind. The nose is malty, with some hops, slight caramel. The taste is slightly sweet, malty, slight hop note. Light body. Not drinkable, would not buy again.

Wasatch, Mar 13, 2010
1.75/5  rDev -12.9%

brandoman63, Feb 24, 2013
1.91/5  rDev -5%

Coors Light is so void of malt that it barely has any colour; almost entirely without hue at some angles, this beer looks 'light' alright! It looks like ginger-ale only fairer. It is no surprise either that such an emaciated beer - despite having carbonation injected into it - can't retain a head.

There's a reason Coors insists their beer is "cold certified" before you attempt to drink it - it's to diminish how much of the product you can actually smell and taste. Lower temperatures, not to mention drinking straight from the can or bottle, severely truncate the ability to recognize a beer's flavours. Normally that's for worse, though in this case it may be for better...

The use of corn syrup and rice starch and who knows what kinds of adjuncts and preservatives don't make for an overly appealing lager - if they did the Germans would have passed a law *in favor* of them! Where any flavour is noted in this insipid lager it tastes of corn grits or Wonderbread. The aftertaste is fairly cloying and flaunts adjuncts in all their glory.

I once heard a wise man say that 'whatever beer you like, then that is good beer'. But I confess that if I were a psychiatrist and a patient told me this was their favourite beer I'd diagnose them crazy. Not because they liked it - but because they believed it to be beer! The inclusion of barley, yeast and (imperceptible) hops may *technically* make this beer, but I feel there's enough excluded (i.e., every characteristic of an actual beer) to disqualify that claim.

Big companies don’t win by making great products. Big companies win by sucking less than other big companies. True, there's worse out there, but this is still an awful lager. If I can't enjoy Coors Light in a tiny, stuffy, non-air-conditioned second-floor bedroom in the midst of a mid-summer heatwave after moving heavy furniture... then there's no chance I ever will.

biegaman, Jul 18, 2013