Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
1.18/5  rDev -41.3%

Can poured into a standard pint.

A - Pours clear straw yellow with a two finger tall white head leaving no lacing down the glass.

S - Smells of pale malts, little to no hops, and a strange metallic note. That is about it. Not too good.

T - Tastes like water with a few things thrown in. Very faint pale malts and no hops at all. How do people even consider this beer? They should just market this as flavored water.

M - Light body and flavor with moderate carbonation.

O - Oh how I remember the days. While the silver bullet is pound-able the taste leaves A LOT to be desired. Just not good at all.

2.25/5  rDev +11.9%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

No idea where this was brewed: The UK or the US (or anywhere else on earth). 27th Sep 2013 I visit a local club for a charity auction and I spy this huge font with 'Coors Light' on it. Never seen it before as the bars I tend to use wouldn't sell this stuff.

I buy a half: and quite enjoyed it in a perverse sort of way!

Cold, refreshing and clean tasting (not much malt and hop flavour, but clean tasting). It's very pale urine in colour with a white head, at least my half-pint was.

Odourless and tasteless, yet not really bad, just not very beery. This ticks off one of the highest reviewed beers I'd never had before (the main reason I decided to have a glass). Heineken and Budweiser are my next bland lager targets!

1.25/5  rDev -37.8%

1.94/5  rDev -3.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

A: Pours a crystal clear pale lemon yellow in color with some moderate to significant amounts of visible carbonation. The beer has a two finger tall fizzy white head that quickly reduces to a mottled extremely thin film covering about tow thirds of the surface of the beer and a thin ring at the edges of the glass. Minimal to light amounts of lacing are observed.

S: Light aromas of grainy malts with just a very light hint of floral hops. Very little smell to this beer.

T: Very light flavors of pale malts with some grainy adjunct sweetness and just a super light hint of floral hops. Very little bitterness and it fades almost immediately. There is very little taste to this beer.

M: Light bodied with moderate to heavy amounts of carbonation. Very thin/watery.

O: The beer is very easy to drink - it is quite similar to a club soda or seltzer water (and has about as much smell/taste). There is not much to say about this beer other than it reminds me of beach trips during college since it was essentially hydration. Probably the easiest to drink of the BMC light beers.

On tap. 100th beer style. Didn't really want to tick this style and especially not for #100, but I've gained some knowledge and can appreciate other beers much better now. We are very fortunate to have access to such variety. Here goes.

A: Pours a clear, ultra pale yellow which is even lighter than my piss. Initial 1/2" white head fades to nothing and leaves no lace.

N: Corn adjuncts, yeasty, malty, faint lemony citrus.

T: Follows nose with more of the same. Generally blech.

M: Light body and light carbonation. Finishes with that weird synthetic sweetness.

O: Not as bad as I thought this would be. Not a snob, it's just with so many other options out there it is amazing to me why people actually like this.

2.26/5  rDev +12.4%

I am nearly at bottle # 400 which will free me up to refocus on what really matters, namely The CANQuest (TM). In the meantime, anything in a bottle will do.

I would get a finger of fizzy bone-white head briefly after the pour, but it would disappear as quickly as my students after the bell rings. Color was a light lemon-yellow with NE-quality clarity. Nose was faintly lager sweet, but with an adjunct scent also. More rice than corn, but still pretty bland. Mouthfeel was effervescent, fizzy, like drinking pop. The taste was so bland and nearly nonexistent that I found myself wondering why I had bothered. Finish was nearly tasteless, watery and bland. I had a better time drinking all of that malt likker yesterday. At least they tasted like something ...

1.7/5  rDev -15.4%

How low can a beer Advocate go? this is pretty much the bottom. Tried a can I took home a month or two ago from a party. (hey, at least I didnt have topay for this backwash) Pours very light yellow, very clear, very white head, which quickly departs. Slight sugary nose. Too watery. No flavor, no hops no malt. Besides those obvious problems its great stuff.

typical mass-produced macrobeer. smeels and taste like water, corn and metal. only good for fraternity parties and in huge mugs at Midevil Times. Pours a very pale golden yellow color with very thin fizzy head that dissapeard immediately. Smells like the floor of a fraternity house blended with corn syrup. Gross.

1.9/5  rDev -5.5%

Poured into Sam Adams Sensory Glass.

Color is a clear straw light yellow. Carbonation bubbles stick all around the glass. Pours a 1 and 1/2 finger head that fizzles down instantly.

Aroma is grainy and metallic-like.

Taste is pretty much the same thing, except more heavy of the metallic taste. Nothing that I am enjoying.

Mouthfeel is very very crisp. High Carbonation. Light bodied. Ends with a sticky grainy aftertaste.

Overall, I am glad I got this from a buddy. I would never buy it. I will definitely stay away from this one.

2.38/5  rDev +18.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Had on tap a a Shorebirds game in Salisbury, MD.

A: Straw/pale yellow in color with a fizzy white head on top that had very little retention and spotty lacing.

S: Adjunct, some corn, light malt, and an ever so slight sweetness.

T: Not very exciting, some biscuity malt, adjunct, very light hop presence. There is a hint of grassy/citrus, but barely.

M: Light bodied with medium to high carbonation.

O: Hard to say which of the big three light lagers I prefer, if any over the other. They aren't beers I buy from a store, only when given to me at functions or stadiums, as was the case here.

2.52/5  rDev +25.4%

Can from Rhino. Thanks bud.

The beer is extremely light yellow and completely transparent. The head is dense and pure white, measuring an inch and a half. The aroma is weak, offering virtually nothing. The flavor is plain and simple, and surprisingly unoffensive. Bland? Yes. Awesome? Certainly not. Grain and sweetness. Thin bodied and poundable. It is what it is. Certainly not the worst of the macro light lagers.

1.8/5  rDev -10.4%

Why did I review this? Because it was there? Because wherever I was had nothing else I hadn't reviewed, and nothing else worth drinking? Well, whatever, what's done is done.

Pours an extremely pale yellow colour, with absolutely no head when it's served, even from the tap pour. Lots of streaming carbonation, but I guess the body is so light it can't retain a head at all. Looks like piss in a glass.

Almost nothing on the nose. A little bit sweet, a touch grainy and corny perhaps. A bit of honey and banana, not great characters for the style, and overly sweet, even though there's almost nothing to it. Blech.

Taste is similar. A little bit of corny grain with a slight sweet banana twinge. Light on the palate, but feels bloating with carbonation, and I swear the "light" is meant to avoid the bloat, right?

Yeah, it's a lame beer. I didn't expect anything else. Remind me not to go places that have nothing better on tap.

1.5/5  rDev -25.4%

1.75/5  rDev -12.9%

Cheap beer, Coors Light be thy name.

Picked on up at my girlfriend's who had leftovers after a party. All I can say is I wish I was already drunk while drinking this.

I wouldn't say the taste is awful, but only because I've had Old Mil and Milwaukee's Best and nothing is worse than those. It's a little sour with almost a faux-malt taste and a touch of alcohol.

Nothing extraordinary or bad about the mouthfeel. Coors Light simply is.

Overall, it could be worse. I'd never pay for this, but as this can was free, what the hell.

I think my girlfriend puts it best, "MMmmmm, piss in a can. Gotta love it."

1.8/5  rDev -10.4%

I had a can of this at a party. I figured you have to remember where you started. I figured wrong.

A- Pouring this into a pint glass this appeared a straw yellow color like most light lagers but this one almost resembles colored water. A fizzy white head came and went. No lace.

S- A bit grainy, a bit metalic. Not picking up any distinguishing malts or hops but I guess they are in there.

T- See above. Also taste like carbonated water with light alcohol. Out of the big 3 this one taste most like water. I can't see how people drink this stuff in excess, it's disturbing to me.

M- highly carbonated leaving a very crisp but unpleasent taste. Thin bodied.

D- Nope, not this one. Could not finish the can. I was thinking of giving it to my dog but decided to pour it down the drain properly instead.

I won't give it a failing grade because it's an easy out if you need to bring "something" to a party

1.78/5  rDev -11.4%

Why you ask? Because I was able to snag this from my friend's 30 pack. On to the beer:

Poured into a pilsner glass, it pours a very pale and almost clear color, with a good head for a brief minute before dropping to nothing. Aroma is sweet, such as it is. The flaovor is mostly tasteless, but is saved by just a little spoonful of corn syrup sweetness. Hops are very faint in the background. Despite the carbonation action in the body, it tasted almost flat.

The can states it's "crisp and refreshing" Where's the crispness? Well, at least there were no major off-flavors, but it was still beer diluted with water. Coors Light has about 30% fewer calories as the Original, and now I know why; I couldn't finish the last 30% of this!

1.19/5  rDev -40.8%

After about 6 years of not touching this stuff, I ran into last night. Against my instincts, I tried one.

Yup. Light, pale, yellow. Almost clear except for the bubbles. Foaming, soapy head was huge, but sank to a very light collar, then disappeared.

Corn husk and old sock aromas. Faint, but bad

No taste aside from stale malt, corn husk and dust.
No mouthfeel aside from carbonation, which actually ups the drinkability.

A wide-mouthed can, complete with a color strip telling me that the beer is cold enough. My hand told me that too.

A: While consumed from a can, the pale color is undeniable. A thin head, evident from the first cracking of the can, is just that - thin.

S: The nose is boring, light grains, not even biscuity, and something resembling hops. A little bit of life, just what I'd expect.

T: Bland but fizzy, giving the appearance of flavor. Light and inoffensive, the lager is boring. Biscuits, adjuncts and a bit of hops, none of which scale to the level of enjoyable. I do like the wide mouth though, pours nice and smooth.

M: Watery and light, the lager doesn't bring anything to the table. One's good enough for me.

2.12/5  rDev +5.5%

Pours a clear pale yellow, with lots of carbonation.

Smell is yeasty with a noticeable banana scent, faint grain smell.

Taste is mild grain and yeast with that same faint trace of Banana I smelled. OK but under flavored. Beats Michelob Ultra though.

Mouthfeel is present.

Drinkable, but not good, there really are no good light beers.

2.3/5  rDev +14.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

(Served in a strange)
A- This beer pours a pale yellow hue to a crystal clear body with only 1 or 2 tiny bubbles of fizz in the body. The head fizzes as the snow white head dissipates before the glass can even get to my lips.
S- This beer has a soft faint grain note that is soon gone and only a clean aroma with a faint sulfur hint is left.
T- The very soft green apple hard candy note finishes with a field corn note that lingers a bit. There is a slight watery taste that covers these flavors as the beer warms.
M- This beer has a medium-light mouthfeel with a watery texture and a bit of a flat texture on the tongue.
D- This beer has no off flavors except for the green apple candy note. It would have been nice to see even a hint of hop or grain but there was really just nothing.

2.45/5  rDev +21.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

Pint on tap at Peppino’s Pizza in SC.
Pour is clear, light golden with a very good white head.
This very weak beer needs more ingredients overall, but needs hops in particular as this is overly sweet despite the minimal grain bill. Weak, unattractive aroma.
Still mildly refreshing and certainly not awful ... or flavorful.

Pours a pale golden color with a loose, bubbly head that quickly fades. The nose is grainy and grassy. The taste is grainy, but has a decent hop character. The mouthfeel is super light, a little heavily carbonated, and smooth.

Of all the macros out there this is one of the better ones. It's smooth and crisp and doesn't have any of the metallic off flavors that you often find in this style.

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company