Coors Non-Alcoholic - Coors Brewing Company

Colorado, United States

Low Alcohol Beer |  0.50% ABV

Beer added by: Rifrafboy on 02-16-2003

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast

Poured from a 12 OZ bottle into a glass.
Aroma- yeast and well water
Appearance- Makes Coors Light look like a micro masterpiece. terrible
Taste- I was unable to drink a single one of these beers completely out of the six pack I bought.
Palate- flat and disgusting
Overall- Order a tea or a coke instead of this. (315 characters)

1.2/5  rDev -50.2%

I can't believe i'm about to do this. Ok.
2003 vintage poured into a snifter. Jusk kidding.

Pours paler than pale yellow. The head lasted about 15 seconds longer than I thought it would, which was a total of about 15 seconds.

The aroma is pretty foul. It makes me thing of scrambled eggs and corn. Smells sour in a bad way. I'm afraid to taste it.

The taste is sweet like cream corn and it's watery in my mouth. Makes me frown when I taste it.

This is blasphemy to all things brewed. I got a few swigs in and had to pour it. Horrible by any standards. (556 characters)

1.2/5  rDev -50.2%

12oz bottle

A- Poured into a pint glass. Pours a pale golden yellow color with a fizzy white head.

S- The very faint grainy aroma is very subdued. Very faint grains and maybe a touch of hops, not much else.

T- The taste mirrors the aroma with faint grainy malt and a pretty clean dry finish with a hint of hops. Leaves a wierd sulfury sweet aftertaste. Not good at all, I'm struggling to get through the entire bottle.

M- The mouthfeel is light bodied with a high amount of carbonation.

D- Overall, compared to other low alcohol beers, I would put this one near the bottom. Wouldn't recommend it. (601 characters)

1.22/5  rDev -49.4%

Hmm... looks halfway decent. smells like gooey band aid. tastes like kaliber, the only other NA beer i've had. I guess you could get used to the flavor if you really want to pretend to drink beer. Pretty unappealing from the standpoint of somebody that wants a normal tasting beer though. (288 characters)

1.41/5  rDev -41.5%

Poured from 12oz bottle into 23oz Mets pilsner glass.

Appearance: Very pale, translucent straw color with a small white head that dissipates quickly and leaves a pretty heavy lace.

Smell: Smells like sweet corn and some grains.

Taste: Tastes sweet and sugary throughout, with almost no aftertaste. Tastes like slightly sweetened seltzer water.

Mouthfeel: Thin and watery, with strong carbonation up-front and a refreshing finish.

Drinkability: This beer wasn't good at all- the first low alcohol beer I've had and it's an experience I won't be rushing to have again anytime soon. (584 characters)

1.54/5  rDev -36.1%

From a can, this beverage pours a deep golden color. The head is a soap-bubble solution of thin consistency and zero life. Large bubbles of CO2 constantly float to the top of the beer. Almost no aroma at all, maybe a hint of grain. Ditto for the taste: carbonic water with a bit of grain and no hop flavor. Even when compared to other NA beers, this one is not worth the bother. (378 characters)

1.56/5  rDev -35.3%

I CANnot believe what the CANQuest has resulted in this time! CAN you?

From the CAN: "In 1973, Adolph Coors founded his brewery in Golden, Colorado, and established the quality standards for brewing Coors products. Coors Non-Alcoholic brew is proof that the founder's standards are still alive today. We only use the finest ingredients to make this non-alcoholic brew."

Upon being cracked open, the beer poured without incident, creating a finger of rocky, bone-white head with low retention. Color was a pale lemon-yellow with NE-quality clarity. A previous reviewer mentioned a sweet smell like creamed corn and I will see your creamed corn and raise you silage! It smelled like fermented corn cobs stored in a silo for later feed for farm animals. How in the flying monkey do you create something like this?!? Ooof. Mouthfeel was thin and watery with a barely detectable sweetness on the tongue. It was like drinking fizzy sugar water. The finish left me with nothing. I glanced at the glass to ensure that I actually had taken a drink. This was just a whole buncha nuthin! No way is this going into any cooler that I own. Next! (1,133 characters)

1.61/5  rDev -33.2%

This is my first post here. Anyway, I just bought a 6 pack to taste since it's always fascinated me. Now that I bought it, I wouldn't recommend it. To me, it's like drinking cereal. It's the same colour as other beers, but lacking in everything else. (250 characters)

1.73/5  rDev -28.2%

Pours with a medium sized head, lacing is quite exceptional for an NA...very pale gold colour...smell is of corn....odd taste, but what throws me is that it is quite watery, even for a reduced alcohol brew...very bland...quite a disappointing beer. Its just not worth the time or effort to buy or even open the bottle. (318 characters)

1.75/5  rDev -27.4%

This is the second of three subjects in the High-Low Invitation. Bud Ice Light is out of the way, and in come a new kind of beer I will try tonight: Non-Alcoholic Beer. Labeled as a "malt beverage with natural flavors". Sounds like something you'd see on a malternative. Anyway, on to the....um...beverage:

I regret this now, but I poured this beverage into a glass, and got a soda-like fizzy head with a scary body. Very clean smell, mainly because there's almost nothing to detect. The taste could use some better balance, but maybe that's the character of a NA (remember, this is my first NA brew). I could only get a weird syrup sweetness out of it. Whatever else is in there could be smoothed out.

Bud Ice Light beats out Coors NA in this round, but must take on Olde English Malt Liquor to win the crown for the High-Low Invitation. Coming up next: (861 characters)

1.76/5  rDev -27%

Again, the only reason I drink this is because there is no real beer allowed on deployment to Iraq. While I rate this beer higher than Becks NA, I still would drink the Becks over this any day. The beer is lager-ish in color, malty aroma as well as it posesses a maltier profile than other NA beers. No real hop flavor or aroma to speak of. Gagging sweeness of unfermented wort. This makes a horrible soda, but I suppose if one wanted the illusion of drinking without the intended benefits (ie: intoxication), this "beer" would do the job. (539 characters)

1.89/5  rDev -21.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 1.75

12oz bottle best before March 24th 2014. Served in a pint glass.

Appearance: Pours a pale straw yellow color with less than a finger of a white head which dissipates quickly. There is a very thin coating and collar that sticks around for the first few sips.

Smell: Cooked vegetables, odd metallic aroma, corn husk with a slight sweetness. Not appealing at all.

Taste: Creamed corn, grainy sweetness, stale crackers and an odd metallic bitterness.

Mouthfeel: Light bodied and crisp. If the flavor wasn't so bad, it would be refreshing and easy to drink.

Overall: Truly awful stuff. I wouldn't recommend this one under any circumstances (639 characters)

1.9/5  rDev -21.2%

Poured from a 12oz bottle into a US tumbler pint glass.

A: The beer is a very light yellow color, with a thin white head that fades very quickly and leaves a thin lace on the glass.

S: The aroma contains light malts, adjuncts and not much else.

T: The taste starts out bready with flavors of adjuncts and a very thin malt character. Then there is some mild sweetness that comes in. The hops presence is decent for the style and brings a little balance. The after-taste is slightly bready.

M: Crisp and a little smooth, light body, medium carbonation, finish is slightly sticky.

O: A little less flavorful than the original but not by much, goes down easily, not too filling, mild kick, decent representation of style, considering how close in taste (or lack thereof) this beer is to the original version, it’s not too bad, but overall it’s not very good either. (870 characters)

1.98/5  rDev -17.8%

Can at the Coors brewery tour. You can't get one more 'fresher' than this :)

Poured a medium yellow color with a smaller sized white head. Like it's non-alcohol brother, tastes and aromas of grain and corn. I wrote down 'Nasty'. I mean if Coors is your bag and you are worried about calories, this one is definitely for you...

Notes from: 12/12/06 (349 characters)

Plain looking yellow lager..small white head. Doughy slight aromas..kinda neutral really. Taste is also sort of neutral..some doughiness, slight hint of what could be a hop!! Highly carbonated, dry finish on the palate. Overall not great even or a non-alcoholic brew. ODouls is much better. (290 characters)

2.05/5  rDev -14.9%

Hmmm. non- alcoholic 'beer'. I'm not sure that it's technically beer, but what the hey. I tried one that a friend was drinking (she's in a 'delicate state' and can't have the real stuff).

Bright yellow adjunct lager color, with thin white head that vanishes quickly, but keeps carbonation awhile. Smell? Fairly neutral. Some faint corn, but no real hop aroma. The taste is actually not bad... I mean, not offensive, or anything. A little sweet, some faint bitterness. The feel in the mouth is like beer- flavored diet soda. Drinks fairly easily, but I'll never want more than this taste.

Overall, not that bad. I wouldn't buy this stuff myself, but if you need an n/a 'beer', this is OK. Personally, I'd say just skip it all together and have a nice juice or sparkling water with lime. (791 characters)

2.09/5  rDev -13.3%

I figure I'll find myself in a situation where I'll be the driver. I better find out what sort of NA beverage I'll occassionally order.

I don't believe that Coors will be it. It looked well enough for a macro lager, pouring a brassy yellow with a rapidly falling white head. The remaining ring didn't quite make it around the pint glass. Big bubble carbonation with a sparse collection of columns. Nose was a stale beer bread, just a notch above bad. Taste is more bread dough, with some odd sweetness, very faint malt taste in the finish. Light medium mouthfeel with an ok body for the style. The sweetness prevents this from being satisfying. I'd stick with club soda over this. The color blows away Coors Light and if it had just a little hoppiness it might make an ok substitute.

Single 12 oz for $1.29 at Total Wine in Midlothian. (841 characters)

2.1/5  rDev -12.9%

This ended up in my refrigerator somehow and finally found a way to get rid of it without pouring it down the sink...challenged some teens to (NA) beer pong.
Appearance - pale, with thin ring of a white bubbly head in glass
Smell - like a dirty old bar rag
Taste - taste was not unusual for Coors or for a NA beer, but it just doesn't come close to matching my palate
Mouthfeel - had to choke this one down quick or risk uncontrollably spitting it out
Drinkability - it wasn't that bad, but not close to being a regular purchase...honestly, even the teens chose to play with sour pickle juice instead of this NA beer (616 characters)

2.44/5  rDev +1.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

For N/A beer this is not bad. The taste is still weak and flat, but quit smooth and sweet. Pretty decent malt flavor. overall I don't consider this reak beer, in fact, you won't find the word beer on the can. You kind of drink it talking to the glass saying "well taste, anytime your ready"... (293 characters)

2.47/5  rDev +2.5%

A: Clear, bright golden yellow. Pours a one finger fluffy white head that dissipated quickly. No lacing.

S: Cooked vegetable aroma. Light hop bitterness; not very appealing.

T: Much better (and beer-like) than smell. Slightly sweet.

M: Surprising medium body. Smooth, no aftertaste, enough carbonation to cleanse.

D: Not sure I'd want to drink a lot, but probably couild. (379 characters)

2.58/5  rDev +7.1%

Poured a slightly straw-colored clear with a surprisingly nice white head. Nose was clean malt with a bit of huskiness. Lacked depth of character but no worse than your average macro. Flavor was about the same; sweet, and pretty typical of NA beers. Mouthfeel was pretty flat and lifeless--this is definitely the worst aspect of it. Still pretty quaffable, though.

An average NA beer. No more, no less. (405 characters)

2.6/5  rDev +7.9%

12 oz bottle into my 32oz mug

A: very light straw, very thin head that stuck around for a bit with some very light lacing

S: malt. That's it

T: malty and moderately sweet but not overly so... alot sweeter than it's alcoholic older brother

M: very smooth and crisp -- carbonation gives it a nice crisp bite

O: Due to dietary restrictions I have had to stop drinking alcohol (although I do cheat with a good SN Torpedo from time to time). This beer is definitely not my style, but beggars can't be choosers. It's a good beverage and looks enough like a beer that I can enjoy it with my buddies without having to answer questions about why I'm not drinking real beer anymore.

I have tried a variety of near beers since I have "stopped" drinking real beer, and this one is definitely one of the best (2nd place respectively out of the 6 I've tried).

If you're looking for a good beer taste without the alcohol, this is just about as close as it's gonna get that may be available in your local supermarket.

Overall I enjoy it (as much as I can, which isn't really at all) as a beer substitute. (1,097 characters)

2.67/5  rDev +10.8%

Beer without alcohol, amused without the heavy thing of the alcohol, similar to tourtel French, fragant scent to hops boiled and crushed, flavor to malt, clean, very soft; luminous yellow color, try with american and mexican food; serve in a pint glass, low fermentation; 80% recommended. (288 characters)

2.7/5  rDev +12%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Appearance: Clear medium golden color with a small and fast-dissipating white head.

Aroma: Aroma of un-fermented wort (strange to say, strikingly like Cracker Jacks) and some faint hops.

Taste: The taste is a bit better than expected; carbonation is rather full upon the tongue, followed by biscuit-like malt flavors with a touch of honey and a little hops rounds out the quite dry finish.

Mouth feel: A bit thin, with some zesty carbonation.

Drinkability/notes: With better use of hops, this could be a superior NA; its taste is the most like true beer among all those that I have tried.

Presentation: Packaged in a standard twelve-ounce brown glass long neck-style bottle, served in a New Belgium Brewing chalice. (723 characters)

2.7/5  rDev +12%

12oz can poured into a shaker pint.

Appearance
Pale straw with 1 finger of white head. Excellent clarity and heavy carbonation.

Nose
Pilsner malt and lemon grass.

Taste
Stale cracker-like malts and the absolute lightest touch of lemon grass. Maybe some stale Wheat Thins. Gets buttery as it warms.

Mouthfeel
Light-medium bodied, crisp and clean.

Overall
One of the better NAs. It actually smelled like a decent German Pilsner, but of course the taste was a huge disappointment. (482 characters)

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast