Coors Non-Alcoholic - Coors Brewing Company

awful

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Low Alcohol Beer |  0.50% ABV

(Beer added by: Rifrafboy on 02-16-2003)
2.68/5  rDev +25.2%

12oz can poured into a shaker pint.

Appearance
Pale straw with 1 finger of white head. Excellent clarity and heavy carbonation.

Nose
Pilsner malt and lemon grass.

Taste
Stale cracker-like malts and the absolute lightest touch of lemon grass. Maybe some stale Wheat Thins. Gets buttery as it warms.

Mouthfeel
Light-medium bodied, crisp and clean.

Overall
One of the better NAs. It actually smelled like a decent German Pilsner, but of course the taste was a huge disappointment.

1.5/5  rDev -29.9%

Served in a Lagunitas mason jar.

So here's the origin story: I was browsing around the back of the beer area at the Binny's in Schaumburg when I happened upon something I hadn't seen before: Coors NA. I was perplexed, surprised, and, most of all, desirous of a new tick. I didn't wanna spend the six bucks for a sixer, but, luckily, a couple weeks later, I found a single at the Vernon Hills Mariano's. Victory.

Anyway, this stuff pours a clear sallow topped by a finger of short-lived off-white foam. The nose comprises sweet corn, light powdered sugar, light wheat, and light sweet flowers. The taste brings in more of the same, along with some mineral water. The body is quite light, with a moderate carbonation and a watery feel. Overall, not much going on here, really. It's a basic NA beer, one that doesn't come across offensive in any way.

2.25/5  rDev +5.1%

1.25/5  rDev -41.6%

2.65/5  rDev +23.8%

12 oz bottle into my 32oz mug

A: very light straw, very thin head that stuck around for a bit with some very light lacing

S: malt. That's it

T: malty and moderately sweet but not overly so... alot sweeter than it's alcoholic older brother

M: very smooth and crisp -- carbonation gives it a nice crisp bite

O: Due to dietary restrictions I have had to stop drinking alcohol (although I do cheat with a good SN Torpedo from time to time). This beer is definitely not my style, but beggars can't be choosers. It's a good beverage and looks enough like a beer that I can enjoy it with my buddies without having to answer questions about why I'm not drinking real beer anymore.

I have tried a variety of near beers since I have "stopped" drinking real beer, and this one is definitely one of the best (2nd place respectively out of the 6 I've tried).

If you're looking for a good beer taste without the alcohol, this is just about as close as it's gonna get that may be available in your local supermarket.

Overall I enjoy it (as much as I can, which isn't really at all) as a beer substitute.

2.75/5  rDev +28.5%

3.25/5  rDev +51.9%

1.93/5  rDev -9.8%

Poured from a 12oz bottle into a US tumbler pint glass.

A: The beer is a very light yellow color, with a thin white head that fades very quickly and leaves a thin lace on the glass.

S: The aroma contains light malts, adjuncts and not much else.

T: The taste starts out bready with flavors of adjuncts and a very thin malt character. Then there is some mild sweetness that comes in. The hops presence is decent for the style and brings a little balance. The after-taste is slightly bready.

M: Crisp and a little smooth, light body, medium carbonation, finish is slightly sticky.

O: A little less flavorful than the original but not by much, goes down easily, not too filling, mild kick, decent representation of style, considering how close in taste (or lack thereof) this beer is to the original version, it’s not too bad, but overall it’s not very good either.

1.75/5  rDev -18.2%

3.85/5  rDev +79.9%

The smell is faint breadiness, grains, and a tad bit of some kind of hop aroma.

The taste is slightly more bitter and full than the other non-alcoholic beers. But it mainly tastes of slightly toasted barely malt and some bitterness, but I cannot tell if it's a bitterness from the hops.

The mouthfeel is super light and watery.

It's ultimately refreshing, crisp and dry.

I wish it had more alcohol and increased amount of ingredients for a fuller flavor.

I would suggest trying this first if you must drink a low-alcohol beer.

3.08/5  rDev +43.9%

A: The pour on this one is a clear golden color with a somewhat short-lived white head.

S: Smells pretty much like any other standard light, American lager. Somewhat sweet with a bit of grain and corn to it, perhaps some corn husks. Though light, there is a fairly surprising amount of hop note to it.

T: The flavor is pretty much the same. It's pretty light and watery, though. A mild sweetness of grain and corn and a definite grain/corn husk note to it as well. Though there was a bit of hop on the nose, not so much on the palate.

M: Very light in body with a rather high level of carbonation.

O: I guess this is unoffensive and easy to drink, but I don't necessarily understand why you would waste the calories on something that basically tastes like flavored water.

1.38/5  rDev -35.5%

Poured from 12oz bottle into 23oz Mets pilsner glass.

Appearance: Very pale, translucent straw color with a small white head that dissipates quickly and leaves a pretty heavy lace.

Smell: Smells like sweet corn and some grains.

Taste: Tastes sweet and sugary throughout, with almost no aftertaste. Tastes like slightly sweetened seltzer water.

Mouthfeel: Thin and watery, with strong carbonation up-front and a refreshing finish.

Drinkability: This beer wasn't good at all- the first low alcohol beer I've had and it's an experience I won't be rushing to have again anytime soon.

1.6/5  rDev -25.2%

I CANnot believe what the CANQuest has resulted in this time! CAN you?

From the CAN: "In 1973, Adolph Coors founded his brewery in Golden, Colorado, and established the quality standards for brewing Coors products. Coors Non-Alcoholic brew is proof that the founder's standards are still alive today. We only use the finest ingredients to make this non-alcoholic brew."

Upon being cracked open, the beer poured without incident, creating a finger of rocky, bone-white head with low retention. Color was a pale lemon-yellow with NE-quality clarity. A previous reviewer mentioned a sweet smell like creamed corn and I will see your creamed corn and raise you silage! It smelled like fermented corn cobs stored in a silo for later feed for farm animals. How in the flying monkey do you create something like this?!? Ooof. Mouthfeel was thin and watery with a barely detectable sweetness on the tongue. It was like drinking fizzy sugar water. The finish left me with nothing. I glanced at the glass to ensure that I actually had taken a drink. This was just a whole buncha nuthin! No way is this going into any cooler that I own. Next!

1.18/5  rDev -44.9%

I can't believe i'm about to do this. Ok.
2003 vintage poured into a snifter. Jusk kidding.

Pours paler than pale yellow. The head lasted about 15 seconds longer than I thought it would, which was a total of about 15 seconds.

The aroma is pretty foul. It makes me thing of scrambled eggs and corn. Smells sour in a bad way. I'm afraid to taste it.

The taste is sweet like cream corn and it's watery in my mouth. Makes me frown when I taste it.

This is blasphemy to all things brewed. I got a few swigs in and had to pour it. Horrible by any standards.

1.18/5  rDev -44.9%

12oz bottle

A- Poured into a pint glass. Pours a pale golden yellow color with a fizzy white head.

S- The very faint grainy aroma is very subdued. Very faint grains and maybe a touch of hops, not much else.

T- The taste mirrors the aroma with faint grainy malt and a pretty clean dry finish with a hint of hops. Leaves a wierd sulfury sweet aftertaste. Not good at all, I'm struggling to get through the entire bottle.

M- The mouthfeel is light bodied with a high amount of carbonation.

D- Overall, compared to other low alcohol beers, I would put this one near the bottom. Wouldn't recommend it.

1.8/5  rDev -15.9%

Again, the only reason I drink this is because there is no real beer allowed on deployment to Iraq. While I rate this beer higher than Becks NA, I still would drink the Becks over this any day. The beer is lager-ish in color, malty aroma as well as it posesses a maltier profile than other NA beers. No real hop flavor or aroma to speak of. Gagging sweeness of unfermented wort. This makes a horrible soda, but I suppose if one wanted the illusion of drinking without the intended benefits (ie: intoxication), this "beer" would do the job.

Coors Non-Alcoholic from Coors Brewing Company