Coors Non-Alcoholic - Coors Brewing Company

awful

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Low Alcohol Beer |  0.50% ABV

(Beer added by: Rifrafboy on 02-16-2003)
3.03/5  rDev +43.6%

Pours a golden color with a one-finger head into my pint glass. Seems the usual here.

Aroma is sweet and bready with a hint of ginger ale in the nose (no seriously).

Taste reminds me of a loaf of baked bread. Not many other flavors. Straightforward.

Mouthfeel is full of lingering breadiness and a bit of sweetness. Not much else.

This is actually tolerable for a low alcohol beer. It's not the greatest but it doesn't have any awful flavors or aftertaste.

Brad007, Mar 23, 2009
1.98/5  rDev -6.2%

Can at the Coors brewery tour. You can't get one more 'fresher' than this :)

Poured a medium yellow color with a smaller sized white head. Like it's non-alcohol brother, tastes and aromas of grain and corn. I wrote down 'Nasty'. I mean if Coors is your bag and you are worried about calories, this one is definitely for you...

Notes from: 12/12/06

hopdog, Feb 03, 2009
2.5/5  rDev +18.5%

A: Clear, bright golden yellow. Pours a one finger fluffy white head that dissipated quickly. No lacing.

S: Cooked vegetable aroma. Light hop bitterness; not very appealing.

T: Much better (and beer-like) than smell. Slightly sweet.

M: Surprising medium body. Smooth, no aftertaste, enough carbonation to cleanse.

D: Not sure I'd want to drink a lot, but probably couild.

Haybeerman, Oct 31, 2008
2.08/5  rDev -1.4%

This ended up in my refrigerator somehow and finally found a way to get rid of it without pouring it down the sink...challenged some teens to (NA) beer pong.
Appearance - pale, with thin ring of a white bubbly head in glass
Smell - like a dirty old bar rag
Taste - taste was not unusual for Coors or for a NA beer, but it just doesn't come close to matching my palate
Mouthfeel - had to choke this one down quick or risk uncontrollably spitting it out
Drinkability - it wasn't that bad, but not close to being a regular purchase...honestly, even the teens chose to play with sour pickle juice instead of this NA beer

SaltyLime, Mar 12, 2008
1.2/5  rDev -43.1%

Hmm... looks halfway decent. smells like gooey band aid. tastes like kaliber, the only other NA beer i've had. I guess you could get used to the flavor if you really want to pretend to drink beer. Pretty unappealing from the standpoint of somebody that wants a normal tasting beer though.

JDV, Feb 22, 2008

Pours straw yellolw with a white head that pops and fizzles down to a patch.

The smell is of grain and corn husk. Nothing notable, but nothing "off". The taste is the same - some grainy malt, some corn husk, a touch of non-descript balancing hops. Very filtered - typical. Pretty watery and fizzy, but not overly so for a macro NA. No bad aftertaste, in fact no aftertaste at all.
Overall, this is your average macro NA.

jwc215, Jan 20, 2008
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

After my doc said I couldn't drink any alcohol for a month until they ruled out some blood-test effect (turned out to be non-related), I wanted to find something to fill in for my lighter-hue beer summer. This was the only NA beer that I could find that I didn't recall having tried in some distant past moment of despair. I sure wish I could have found the Paulaner or many other good ones around here!

Not bad for quenching an urge for a beer, but sort of like drinking acceptable decaf when you really want a nice bold strong cup of real coffee.

I've only had it from the bottle, didn't feel like getting the stein dirty so I can't really comment much on the appearance, other than that it's a standard medium-light US lager in appearance.

S= a bit grainy with a sort of sweet cereal scent. Actually, I was glad to discover that the taste was more acceptable.

T= bubbly carbonation but not annoying (like most US maxi-beers are); reminded me of the cereal-grain malt beverage Postum (frequently used by health-groups or some religious sects as an alternative to coffee), but then some mild hops seemed to appear in the taste and the balance became a little more beer-lover acceptable. I didn't say I loved it-- I said it eventually became acceptable. A nice almost-beer-like belch with some hops-taste was enough to console me.

M= nothiing really offsetting, just a very slightly sour-ness but not as bad as some really annoying-tasting beers.

D= if you're into NA beer for a while, it's worth the try, given the price, and you could probably drink all night with this stuff, although do remember that it is not "alcohol-free," it still has about 1/2% ABV.

therica, Sep 05, 2007
1.75/5  rDev -17.1%

Pours with a medium sized head, lacing is quite exceptional for an NA...very pale gold colour...smell is of corn....odd taste, but what throws me is that it is quite watery, even for a reduced alcohol brew...very bland...quite a disappointing beer. Its just not worth the time or effort to buy or even open the bottle.

Rootdog316, Sep 02, 2007

Coors NA pours a crsytal-clear, deep-gold body beneath a short head of creamy white foam that holds fairly well and leaves some spotty rings of lace about the glass. It smells like a standard American lager with a bit of sweetish cereal-like malt and some mild hops. In the mouth it's crisp and medium-light bodied. The flavor is slightly malty sweet and cerealish at first, but it quickly shifts as the hops step in and the flavor becomes more floral and spicy. In fact, it's so well done that I'd imagine that if you had more than one of these you might forget it was low alcohol. A low-key bitterness balances it, and it finishes fairly short and dry, although some sticky, cereal-like malt does linger. Regardless, it's one of the better NA's out there!

NeroFiddled, Apr 15, 2007
1.78/5  rDev -15.6%

This is the second of three subjects in the High-Low Invitation. Bud Ice Light is out of the way, and in come a new kind of beer I will try tonight: Non-Alcoholic Beer. Labeled as a "malt beverage with natural flavors". Sounds like something you'd see on a malternative. Anyway, on to the....um...beverage:

I regret this now, but I poured this beverage into a glass, and got a soda-like fizzy head with a scary body. Very clean smell, mainly because there's almost nothing to detect. The taste could use some better balance, but maybe that's the character of a NA (remember, this is my first NA brew). I could only get a weird syrup sweetness out of it. Whatever else is in there could be smoothed out.

Bud Ice Light beats out Coors NA in this round, but must take on Olde English Malt Liquor to win the crown for the High-Low Invitation. Coming up next:

DoubleJ, Mar 07, 2007
1.55/5  rDev -26.5%

This is my first post here. Anyway, I just bought a 6 pack to taste since it's always fascinated me. Now that I bought it, I wouldn't recommend it. To me, it's like drinking cereal. It's the same colour as other beers, but lacking in everything else.

MrPsychic, Jan 03, 2007
2.58/5  rDev +22.3%

Poured a slightly straw-colored clear with a surprisingly nice white head. Nose was clean malt with a bit of huskiness. Lacked depth of character but no worse than your average macro. Flavor was about the same; sweet, and pretty typical of NA beers. Mouthfeel was pretty flat and lifeless--this is definitely the worst aspect of it. Still pretty quaffable, though.

An average NA beer. No more, no less.

shererjt, Apr 23, 2006
2.85/5  rDev +35.1%

Poured a golden yellow color with nice white puffy head. Left nice lacing on the side of the glass as it fell. Smell is of a moderate sweetish mote that is not overly pleasant. Taste is malty, can't detect any hops. Finishes somewhat refreshing, but leaves a strange taste at the finish. OK, but not great.

tgbljb, Apr 09, 2006
2.68/5  rDev +27%

Beer without alcohol, amused without the heavy thing of the alcohol, similar to tourtel French, fragant scent to hops boiled and crushed, flavor to malt, clean, very soft; luminous yellow color, try with american and mexican food; serve in a pint glass, low fermentation; 80% recommended.

tesguino, Oct 20, 2005
2.1/5  rDev -0.5%

I figure I'll find myself in a situation where I'll be the driver. I better find out what sort of NA beverage I'll occassionally order.

I don't believe that Coors will be it. It looked well enough for a macro lager, pouring a brassy yellow with a rapidly falling white head. The remaining ring didn't quite make it around the pint glass. Big bubble carbonation with a sparse collection of columns. Nose was a stale beer bread, just a notch above bad. Taste is more bread dough, with some odd sweetness, very faint malt taste in the finish. Light medium mouthfeel with an ok body for the style. The sweetness prevents this from being satisfying. I'd stick with club soda over this. The color blows away Coors Light and if it had just a little hoppiness it might make an ok substitute.

Single 12 oz for $1.29 at Total Wine in Midlothian.

pentathlete, Aug 14, 2005
2.73/5  rDev +29.4%

Still not sure how I found myself drinking this beer (Lets just say I was drinking it at work in my office at 11am on a Friday morning...long story), but nonetheless, here is what I thought of it.

It actually looked pretty decent coming out of the slender can. The color was a decent caramel color with a head that consisted of super small carbonation bubbles. It didn't resemble its infamous brother Coors Light (must have different fathers). Anyways, the aroma is typical macro lager with a small malt and adjunct presence and no hop to be found. The taste was not too bad right away when it was ice cold, but as it warmed up, a plastic taste prevailed and made me realize why I love good craft/homebrew beer.

Overall, for a non-alcoholic macro, this was not terrible in my eyes and was actually fuller tasting than most macro swills.

ALESwhatCURESya, Apr 22, 2005
1.53/5  rDev -27.5%

From a can, this beverage pours a deep golden color. The head is a soap-bubble solution of thin consistency and zero life. Large bubbles of CO2 constantly float to the top of the beer. Almost no aroma at all, maybe a hint of grain. Ditto for the taste: carbonic water with a bit of grain and no hop flavor. Even when compared to other NA beers, this one is not worth the bother.

Suds, Feb 27, 2005
2.1/5  rDev -0.5%

Hmmm. non- alcoholic 'beer'. I'm not sure that it's technically beer, but what the hey. I tried one that a friend was drinking (she's in a 'delicate state' and can't have the real stuff).

Bright yellow adjunct lager color, with thin white head that vanishes quickly, but keeps carbonation awhile. Smell? Fairly neutral. Some faint corn, but no real hop aroma. The taste is actually not bad... I mean, not offensive, or anything. A little sweet, some faint bitterness. The feel in the mouth is like beer- flavored diet soda. Drinks fairly easily, but I'll never want more than this taste.

Overall, not that bad. I wouldn't buy this stuff myself, but if you need an n/a 'beer', this is OK. Personally, I'd say just skip it all together and have a nice juice or sparkling water with lime.

amicar, Jan 28, 2005
2.8/5  rDev +32.7%

Sweet on the tongue with a thin but pleasant flavor. Carbonation added is a bit more than other beers I've tried in the past. Medium body with a very clean finish that washes down to no aftertaste.

- Backdated tasting: I first reviewed this beer on 28JUN03, this post is based on notes from that review. -

theozag, Oct 16, 2003
2.73/5  rDev +29.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Appearance: Clear medium golden color with a small and fast-dissipating white head.

Aroma: Aroma of un-fermented wort (strange to say, strikingly like Cracker Jacks) and some faint hops.

Taste: The taste is a bit better than expected; carbonation is rather full upon the tongue, followed by biscuit-like malt flavors with a touch of honey and a little hops rounds out the quite dry finish.

Mouth feel: A bit thin, with some zesty carbonation.

Drinkability/notes: With better use of hops, this could be a superior NA; its taste is the most like true beer among all those that I have tried.

Presentation: Packaged in a standard twelve-ounce brown glass long neck-style bottle, served in a New Belgium Brewing chalice.

Pegasus, Mar 24, 2003
2.45/5  rDev +16.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

For N/A beer this is not bad. The taste is still weak and flat, but quit smooth and sweet. Pretty decent malt flavor. overall I don't consider this reak beer, in fact, you won't find the word beer on the can. You kind of drink it talking to the glass saying "well taste, anytime your ready"...

Rifrafboy, Feb 16, 2003