Third Shift Amber Lager - Coors Brewing Company

Third Shift Amber LagerThird Shift Amber Lager

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Vienna Lager |  5.30% ABV

(Beer added by: gtermi on 12-05-2012)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Third Shift Amber Lager Alström Bros
4.92/5  rDev +63.5%

4.75/5  rDev +57.8%

4.54/5  rDev +50.8%

Awesome. This is a really good lager for after a long day at work. The 6 pack is really cheap at $5 and some change. I really like this beer. I will keep this beer in my fridge.I really don't know what else to write because it keeps saying invalid comment length

4.48/5  rDev +48.8%

4.35/5  rDev +44.5%
look: 5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

I'm only guessing that the bad rating on this beer is because it's made by Coors Beer. Look folks, I know the Macrobrews are trying to take over the micro-brew market, but this is a good beer.

And for the record I hate macrobrews. I'm not sayin this is 'my beer', because it's not. But as an off the shelf lager, it's pretty good. Not as good as some, but a lot better than others.

Has a pretty good flavor. Oddly enough the aroma is a bit buttery. I'm not getting any adjuncts from the beer but it is possible the buttery aroma I'm getting could (I stress COULD) be from corn.

Over all I'm giving this lager a 4/5 - it's good. I can't lie.

Now, if you want a beer - go get you a Doghead Fish or a Pliny the Elder.

4.19/5  rDev +39.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Poured a flawless amber color into a pint glass with a quarter inch head. Nothing offensive about the smell. Nice, crisp and refreshing for an amber. A well-balanced beer with a touch of bitterness, roasted flavor and effervescence. Could become a go-to for an amber fix from here on out.

4.05/5  rDev +34.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

Many judge this beer just based off the company that it derives from. Too many people have given very little effort to actually enjoy what Coors is trying to do with their release of more "craft" like brews. If you stop and look at the price you'll see that they are bumping things up with the next step of flavors at a very affordable cost for consumers. Kudos to Coors!
At first taste I didn't think it was anything special but I did enjoy the different kick that it offers. It's not a Fat Tire or an Alaskan Amber....but it is it's own flavor. After the second one I tried a couple days later I had no complaints. It's a mild Amber that I guess you could consider universal to any crowd that enjoys trying new things. Doesn't overwhelm the taste buds or leave a pungaent after taste in your mouth. I'll throw my thumbs in the iar for this one. It's gonna catch on.

Third Shift Amber Lager from Coors Brewing Company