George Killian's Irish Stout - Coors Brewing Company

1.75/5  rDev -47.4%

1.75/5  rDev -47.4%

1.93/5  rDev -42%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

In all honesty, I think this is a terrible rendition of an Irish stout. This beer is not even in the same league with the likes of regular canned or bottled Guinness. While it does have some of the coffee and chocolate notes one would expect from an Irish stout, the skunky finish kills all of what little one might be able to savor from the "malts". Additionally, it's over-carbonated which only further distracts from the malt.

2.25/5  rDev -32.4%

2.25/5  rDev -32.4%

2.33/5  rDev -30%

12 oz. bottle, with best by date of June 17, 2013. A little late on this one, but I'm assuming it hardly matters much. A friend got a case of this stuff for $7.99 on sale. So that's like 30 cents a beer if I'm doing that math correctly.

Poured into a Firestone Walker pint glass.

A - Pours a dark opaque black, but a very dark transparent ruby color when held to the light. The head is about two fingers of chocolate milk colored head that fizzles away quickly. Thin tiny ring of lacing at the top but that's it.

S - Light coffee bean roast & some dried dark fruits like figs and plums is pleasant enough, but that's about as complex as it gets. Smells kind of artificially sweet.

T - Taste follows the nose, & falls short of anything good. Doesn't taste bad, by any means, but there is really nothing appealing here. Faint cold coffee and dark fruit, but entirely too thin and watery. Pretty much lacking in any real flavor that you would expect from a stout.

M - The beer is watery and smooth. Light-bodied with poor carbonation.

Overall, this beer is pretty poor excuse for a stout, but take it with a grain of salt. I guess it's not bad for what it is. Not exactly breaking the bank with this one considering what we paid for it. A light stout, if there ever was one. If you're looking for an authentic stout, look elsewhere, away from this foul beverage.

George Killian's Irish Stout ---2.5/5

2.39/5  rDev -28.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 1.75

I had this a few weeks ago, and I hated it. I figured it was because I already had a few beers in me at the time, so I decided to try it again yesterday, nothing changed.

A: Pitch Black, looks almost like a Guinness, which is promising.

S: Malty, earthy, coffee like, so far so good, not overpowering either.

T: This is where everything goes south. Wayyy too strong and over powering for my liking, extra bitter and just coffee like. Its like drinking the strongest coffee ever brewed, but in beer form.

M: Super heavy in the mouth, not only that, but it also didn't sit well in my stomach. I felt like crap after drinking it, made be slightly ill on both occasions that i tried it

O: Not my cup of tea. When I have trouble drinking a beer, then you know there is a problem. Tried to give the rest of the six pack away, but everyone who tried it didn't like it. Ended up putting it in an elevator.

If I'm looking for an Irish Stout, I'm gonna get Guinness. It's a shame too cuz I like George Killian's Red Ale fine. This one didn't do it for me, if you like overly strong and heavy beer that doesn't sit well in ur stomach, then go right ahead, but I'm gonna pass.

2.75/5  rDev -17.4%