Blue Moon Pine In The Neck - Coors Brewing Company

Blue Moon Pine In The NeckBlue Moon Pine In The Neck

good

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

(Beer added by: keeganfrank on 02-07-2013)
RonaldTheriot

Louisiana

4.36/5  rDev +24.9%

Blue Moon (Graffiti Collection) Pine in the Neck has a very thick, somewhat soapy, off-white head, a deep, golden-orange appearance, bubble streams, lots of sediment roiling about, and heavy lacing left behind. Aroma is of sweet, white bread and piney hop oil. Taste is of all that, with a hefty bitterness that charges forward during the sip. Mouthfeel is medium and slick, and Pine in the Neck finishes mostly dry, refreshing, and exceptionally drinkable. This beer proves, once again, that the major brewers can produce craft beers that can go toe to toe with just about anything on the market. Drinking this, one can understand the insecurity and outright fear that one notices in the rhetoric of the craft breweries. I love it!

RJT

12-29-2013 15:26:43 | More by RonaldTheriot
InfernoBoss

12-28-2013 09:45:20 | More by InfernoBoss
jeffjeff1

3.5/5  rDev +0.3%

Appearance- copper color, thin head

Smell- piney hops

Taste- piney hops, some malt

Mouthfeel- medium bodied

Drinkability- I thought it was pretty good. It was one of the better beers Blue Moon has done. Usually I can't stand their beers. This one was tolerable though.

12-27-2013 01:36:19 | More by jeffjeff1
Resuin

3.78/5  rDev +8.3%

Pours medium amber with a finger of white head. There are a ton of floaties in this, so I'm not sure if it's a bit old. There's some light floral juniper in the aroma along with light malts and hops. The flavor matches the the smell well - decently refreshing. Flavors work well together, pleasant flavor profile. Medium carbonation with a medium body. This is decent, but given the price is not worth another buy. Interesting name and artwork on the bottle.

12-26-2013 23:53:53 | More by Resuin
russpowell

Oklahoma

3.28/5  rDev -6%

BBD of 03-31-14

Pours an effervescent copper with 2+ fingers of cream colored head. Good head retention with alright lacing

S: Pears & faint medicinal notes, some brown sugar as well.

T: Pineyness & leafy, plus peppery hops up front. Some medicinal notes & pears as this warms, leafy hops as well. Finishes fruity with muted leafy hops

MF: Medium bodied with slight carbonation, okay balance

Drinks okay, but not in love with the hops being used. One & done. Not sure I buy any more of this series, not very interesting

12-21-2013 04:58:03 | More by russpowell

11-30-2013 03:36:09 | More by b1515152004
puboflyons

New Hampshire

3.49/5  rDev 0%

From the 650 ml. bottle stamped on the neck with MAR3114-C210011342. Sampled on November 20, 2013.

It begins with a deep mahogany brown pour with a modest off-white head that erupts at the very end but eventually settles down.

The nose is vibrant with pine trees in a forest and juniper berries. Bready malts too.

The body is medium and quite smooth.

The flavor has a juicy juniper start with a mildly bitter pine and floral finish. Although it is only 7.5% ABV any alcohol is well hidden. Don't write this one off entirely.

11-20-2013 22:58:15 | More by puboflyons

11-03-2013 03:18:19 | More by Zuidman
JuicesFlowing

Kansas

3.94/5  rDev +12.9%

Poured into a New Belgium globe glass.

The beer has a pure deep coppery amber color. A foamy vanilla head recedes to a decent film, and thick splotches of lacing remain on the glass. The aroma is initially all pine and grapefruit, but the subtle note of juniper berry comes out, and it's somewhat like a blueberry note. The taste is more hoppy than anything. Loads of spruce, pine, and citrus rinds. Juniper berry is very subtle. Just subtle enough to be noticed when you think about it. The mouthfeel is a tad sticky.

Overall, I actually dig this brew. I'm a little bit surprised at how much I like it.

11-03-2013 01:55:20 | More by JuicesFlowing
Azpittil57

11-02-2013 23:12:21 | More by Azpittil57
offthelevel_bytheplumb

3.68/5  rDev +5.4%

Poured into my Samuel Smith's pint glass. Pours a clear amber color with a two finger foamy, white head that dissipates slowly into a cap and leaves good lacing. The juniper berries are so much stronger than anything else, but it is very reminiscent of blueberry pie. Taste has a lot of sweetness from the berries, and it is a bit dry, but a little bit of bitterness is detected on the end. It is a medium bodied beer, and the juniper berries leave behind a long, dry, bold aftertaste.

Overall: Juniper berries dominate, but that's not a bad thing. It is a very interesting beer, but it shouldn't have the IPA label on it. To me, it doesn't matter what else is in this beer, it's a juniper berry beer.

10-28-2013 23:47:37 | More by offthelevel_bytheplumb
Distilled

Oregon

3.01/5  rDev -13.8%

Hmmm... I think I like it...

A: Nice clear copper color, looks real nice. Off-white head, I got about a finger's worth, good retention, clings to the glass. ...made me thirsty straight away....

S: No idea what I'm smelling... I don't really get the pine, maybe some resin or pitch type odors and I think they are mixing slightly with the juniper aromas and throwing me off a little. Makes me think of a 2x4 at the Home Depot.

T: Fairly bitter at least at the tail-end, but malty sweet up front and somewhat pungent too.... very interesting, it's good but at the same time I just want to take another sip to wash the taste out of my mouth. It may be the hops here leaving a resiny type flavor, I'm not sure what the hops are.

M: Light, thin, almost leaves a sticky feeling in my mouth and on my lips. It's like it is a little high in unfirmentable sugars, yet it feels light and somewhat thin. I wouldn't call it a double IPA myself, not based on mouthfeel or taste.

Overall I'd probably buy it again, it deserves a second shot, but I'm not sure what I really think of it. I mean it is beer, so it can't really be bad, but there are a lot of good beers out there and I'm not sure this one particularly makes my list. My Wife however digs it.

CHEERS!!!

After reading mfnmbvp's post (I read after I review) I think he hit a particular flavor right on the head: "some coiny metallics" - - - sounds kind of gross, is a little, but it's faint and this descriptions I agree with.

10-28-2013 03:12:16 | More by Distilled