Under Cover - Karben4 Brewing

Under Cover
No picture uploaded.

Karben4 Brewing visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Blonde Ale |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: qcbrewer on 11-13-2013)
Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

bpfrush, Jan 04, 2014

richkrull, Dec 15, 2013
1.75/5  rDev -46.8%

schmidtmattsays, Mar 09, 2014
3.59/5  rDev +9.1%

I'll be honest, I added this beer to the list, but I'm not POSITIVE if the style. I chose blonde merely due to their own description, but I could also label it is as a semi cream ale. They only call it a "Session Ale", discussing the golden color. I would welcome others to change this as need be (or BA if that is necessary).

A: golden indeed in cooler. Not too clear, which to me helps demonstrate the body to come. Minimal head, limited retention.

S: light roasted malt, hints of pineapple, extremely light citrus. I can't put my finger on it, but the aroma just seems to lack something, and perhaps I'm expected more hops than was even intended, which would then be my fault, not Karben4's.

T: VERY malt forward. Barely any hop bitterness at all. Very bready.

M: Creamy and silky. Sticks to the tongue and the after taste remains for some minutes after the sip.

Once again, I maintain I may have gotten the style slightly wrong and I hope for correction if necessary. Going into this I didn't expect the heavy malt focus for a session ale, but that's not necessarily a problem. I don't think I would order one again, but that's me. Those who like cream ales, and malty blondes will likely love this - it's just not for me.

As I side note, I really like these guys (Fantasy Factory and Night Call were both solid).

Cheers.

qcbrewer, Nov 13, 2013
3.5/5  rDev +6.4%

teamwiggum, Jun 22, 2014

robear, May 24, 2014

crobinso, Dec 06, 2013
3.54/5  rDev +7.6%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.5

Pours a clear, gold color. 1/4 inch head of an off-white color. Slight retention and slight lacing. Smells of hint of pale malt, hint of sweet malt, and a hint of hop. Fits the style of an American Blonde Ale. Mouth feel is smooth and clean, with a low carbonation level. Tastes of yeast, slight pale malt, slight sweet malt, hint of hops, and a hint of wheat. Overall, weak appearance, weak aroma, but good feel, body, and blend.

Tone, Jun 24, 2014
4.25/5  rDev +29.2%

DantheMan75, Jan 03, 2014
2.75/5  rDev -16.4%

npendres, Jun 08, 2014
2.75/5  rDev -16.4%

tasted more like an Octoberfest.

madtowndmb1, Sep 21, 2014