1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.

Babbling Blonde - Rivertowne Brewing

Babbling BlondeBabbling Blonde

Rivertowne Brewing visit their website
Pennsylvania, United States

American Blonde Ale |  5.30% ABV

(Beer added by: Mounty4Life on 02-26-2013)
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »

TheNightwatchman, May 04, 2014

Danno48, Apr 17, 2014

InspectorBob, Apr 05, 2014
3.31/5  rDev -0.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

I have this old theory about taste characteristics imparted by the water used. Nowhere is this element as noticeable than in the weak American an styles.

This offering comes out of the can with a very wreak head that further dissipates and a nice clean yellow color. The aroma isn't as appealing as it could be.

The taste is fresh and crisp. It is a very refreshing light drink. The aftertaste is a little dirtier. Somewhere along the line a dirty water taste gets in three, but it isn't bad and doesn't run it.

Overall, this is not the be all to end all, but a reasonable example of the style.

schoolboy, Mar 08, 2014

Lare453, Jan 19, 2014

A miller lite drinker could easily give this craft intro beer a shot and never go back!

You can drink this all night with no problem. Very easy to drink and a great tasting smooth blonde ale from Rivertowne Brewing in Pittsburgh

I had this at the Pens game in a can and I get it every game I goto now!

Josh24, Jan 05, 2014

BrandonOakes, Nov 23, 2013
3.69/5  rDev +11.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

I am sure that I have tried this in the past. But I guess I haven’t made a review of it.
A pretty easy drinking blonde that isn’t thin on character. Almost seems to be a honey tone to things. A bit of a grain thing going on as well. Pretty easy to drink. Smooth overall, though not thin and hearty enough. A nice drinker. I can dig it.

RblWthACoz, Oct 14, 2013

JJStorm, Sep 22, 2013

Griggsy, Sep 20, 2013

mrosenfeld32, Aug 05, 2013
3.05/5  rDev -8.1%

Pours a hazy straw yellow color with a white head. In the aroma, small earth, biscuit malt, hint of citrus. In the taste, sweet biscuit like maltiness, citrus notes, and a small dry yeastiness. A small bite and medium bodied mouthfeel, with a clean small citrus and maltiness in the aftertaste. Decent blonde, but average.

OWSLEY069, Jul 10, 2013

billbeers, Jun 26, 2013
3.04/5  rDev -8.4%

On my last trip to Da Burgh, I met up with a couple of my buddies at Rivertowne Pour House and the staff was kind enough to assemble a mixed case of four (4) six-packs of each of their six (6) CANned beers in support of The CANQuest (TM)! If that is not customer service, then I do not know what is!

From the CAN: "Blonde Ale"; The Malty/Hoppy Meter pegs this one somewhere between Pineapple and RT Lager, toward the Malty end of the spectrum; "This Babbling Blonde Beer is as crisp as it comes! With a subtle malt flavor and a gentle hop touch, this beer will turn the big brewery fans into LOCAL brewery fans! All the Wylie, experienced micro drinkers will be pleasantly surprised.; "Cheers and thanks, [undersigned] Andrew T. [?] Maxwell Brew Master".

I am now fully CANgnizant of how to CANduct my Crack with these CANs, having realized that we are getting our money's worth with these brimful CANs. The inverted Glug produced a brief finger of fizzy, foamy, bone-white head with limited retention. Out, out, brief head! Color was an oh-so-slightly hazy golden-yellow and Croesus liked it while Midas remained unsure. Nose was subtle, all right. It had a faint honey-biscuit scent, much like a lager, but it is identified as an ale. Hops? Too gentle for me tonight. Mouthfeel was medium and it had a lightly toasted malty flavor on the tongue. I understand what Mr. Maxwell is going for, but I wonder if an AAL drinker would appreciate the subtleties involved in this beer. It drank much like a lager, but it might not taste "right" to someone unused to change. Finish was mild and unobtrusive and if I were more of a cynic, I might say boring or pedestrian. I like that it gives me an opportunity to put something crafty into the cooler for the uninitiated, but it would not sustain me. I could see ripping through a sixer of this and then looking for the nearest liquor store to reload.

woodychandler, Jun 14, 2013