Haywards 5000 Super Premium Beer - Shaw Wallace & Company Ltd.

Haywards 5000 Super Premium BeerHaywards 5000 Super Premium Beer

poor

Shaw Wallace & Company Ltd. visit their website
India

American Malt Liquor |  7.00% ABV

(Beer added by: Suds on 11-30-2002)

sharathr23, Oct 23, 2013

tzieser, May 27, 2013

powdersoldier, May 12, 2013

Adamostella, May 06, 2013
3.33/5  rDev +22%
look: 2.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 3.25

Sheryl said it best… "This looks boring." It does. It looks like any domestic I have ever had. I did have two cans of Coors Light yesterday, but I was playing golf. Yesterday was National Beer Day, or something like that. I got two badges on Untappd, so there must have been something going on.

Past hoppy beers, I am not sure what else comes from India. This is an Indian premium beer, but based on what I am smelling, as I pour, this is going to be pretty boring. Oh well, they can't all be good!

In the Glass: The beer pours like any domestic I have ever seen. Think Bud Light meets Coors Light meets Miller Lite. I wonder why they spell it like that… Anyway, the beer produced a thin white head, and there is no lace to speak of. I am sure, just based what I am seeing, this beer will be very drinkable and I am excited to chug it! If nothing else so we can move on to the next beer. Oh, it's cheap, too.

Nose: I could smell yeast as I was pouring it. It has a very obvious grain aroma to it. I get more of that when I smell the beer, and while I am not typically into this style, I have been on a Euro pale lager kick lately. I grabbed a few bombers of that style last week just to see what they all taste like. I spent too much time on the wrong side of the aisle at Total Wine & More.

Flavor: All things considered, this is not a terrible beer. It has a nice sweet flavor to start, and as the flavor explodes across the back of the tongue, you are hit with some severe carbonation. It does remind me of a Euro pale lager. I am curios why the style on this is "malt liquor", as that makes me think of hard lemonade, or something. Oh well, I am digging this flavor, and could see myself drinking a gallon of this on a hot summer day. I wish more golf courses carried a better selection. This IS better than a Coors Light.

Mouthfeel: There isn't much going on. It's thin and boring at first, and as you begin to swallow, a ton of bubbles rage on the back of your tongue. From there, the swallow is quick, boring, and leaves you wanting more. Beers like this are quite drinkable, and I can see them getting me into trouble! I wonder how readily available this is in India. I sure hope this isn't what people in India think of when thinking of craft beer.

Aftertaste: The aftertaste isn't bad. It has a nice subtle drying sweetness to it. Again, it reminds me of the Euro pale lager experience. (If you drink this, don't burp. You can thank me later!) I bet this beer would pair nicely with a hamburger or hot dog.

This beer IS boring, but the subtle sweetness keeps me drinking. I wouldn't order this again, but would like to see this on tap if and when we visit India. I also wonder where the 5000 comes from… maybe I will do a little digging. Cheers, people!

rickyleepotts, Apr 08, 2013
2.45/5  rDev -10.3%

22 oz bottle, no date.

super clear pale straw color. soapy bone-white head. smells of pale malt, grain, cracked corn, mild and clean. to style. taste is actually okay when cold. clean, but lingering off-putting after taste. but as it warm, it takes a turn to pretty bad. thin body and fizzy carbonation. appropriate.

bought this just to see what this beer was all about with the goofy name. weird that this Indian beer is basically and American Malt Liquor.

jmdrpi, Mar 22, 2013

spycow, Mar 11, 2013
2.64/5  rDev -3.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Aroma is crisp, malty and a little fruity - typical, but at least OK. Pours a clear, rather wan yellow - not too good, but at least the white head is thick and somewhat persistent. Flavor is - not outstanding, but for a pale lager, a snip or two above average. Malty and fruity, satisfying. Texture has OK body and OK fizz. Overall, fair to middlin’. If not great, at least potable. Good for a party, or with a meal.

Cyberkedi, Feb 17, 2013

stereosforgeeks, Dec 18, 2012

AmitC, Dec 17, 2012

cliff1066, Dec 09, 2012
1.75/5  rDev -35.9%

Served in a Walter Payton shaker pint glass.

Startin' the day off right with an Indian malt likkah. 'Cause why the fuck not!? This stuff pours a clear pale straw topped by a finger-and-a-half of white foam that dissipates rather quickly. The nose comprises bushels of corn atop a small pile of wheat and grass. It's not bad, but certainly nothing I can call "good". The taste is of perfume-y rubber (walk down the tire aisle some day...), diseased corn, and lead. Wow, I did not expect such a foul taste, especially given my sick predilection toward most malts. Damn, this is some intensely godawful shit right here. It physically hurts during and well after the stuff rampages across my tongue. Damn. The body is a lithe medium, with a light moderate carbonation and a slightly oily feel. Overall, this has got to be one of the worst beers I've had in a long time. I don't think I can properly put into words just how this makes my tastebuds want to flee the country for fear that their families' lives are at risk. Ouch! (I took another drink for some masochistic reason...)

TMoney2591, Oct 11, 2012
3.38/5  rDev +23.8%

Appearance: Pours golden with nice carbonation, a nice thick white head that laces well.

Smell: Not much smell, typical macro.

Taste: Strange, but not bad. Sweet but not too sweet. It's the malt liquor taste that I notice.

This is an average beer but different enough (barely) from most macros to try. It's a session beer and nobody is going to love it, but it's alright. I'ts the best malt liquor beer I've ever had.

donmonkey1, Oct 03, 2012

Unchi, Sep 20, 2012

NickyG213, Aug 31, 2012
Haywards 5000 Super Premium Beer from Shaw Wallace & Company Ltd.