Quad - Ramblin' Road Craft Brewery

Beer added by: woemad on 06-08-2014

Reviews by woemad:
3.89/5  rDev 0%

From notes.

4oz sample consumed at the brewery's tap room.

Very dark brown, virtually black in color. Off white head with spotty lace.

Complex nose, with some coffee notes (though more dialed down than in the Dubbel), red wine esters, and some prune notes.

Much like the aroma, with some bitter, roasted malt notes and dark fruit and red wine-like flavors. Fairly complex, but compared to some beers of the style that I've had, it seems a little too restrained. I guess what I'm trying to say is it's not great, like, say, a St. Bernardus Abt 12 (my personal favorite Quad), but it's still quite good, and I'm thrilled that a brewery in town has the balls to brew a beer of this style.

The mouthfeel is spot-on, something that seems difficult for a lot of American brewers of Belgian-style beers. The body is fairly light (especially for a 9.5% beer).

While not the best Quad I've ever had in my life, it's still very good and nails most of the essentials. Unlike any bottled Belgian Quads available here, it's rather affordable, with a snifter going in the taproom for around $5, I believe. Oh, and it's brewed just a couple miles from where I live! I will definitely be drinking this again.

4.25/5  rDev +9.3%

3.5/5  rDev -10%

Quad from Ramblin' Road Craft Brewery
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.