Coat Of Arms - Flesk Brewing Company

Beer added by: WoodBrew on 05-06-2014

to view more.
Ratings: 31 | Reviews: 6
2.77/5  rDev -25.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Way over carbonated. Almost tastes like a cider. Not a fan

3.75/5  rDev +0.5%

Pretty good IPA. I've never heard of Flesk, bought it because I was in Illinois, love to get that local flavor. The local flavor here was hoppy, but not overly so. Nice and fruity tasting, didn't seem like 7.7% alcohol. I just might try some other Flesk products when I see them. Cool label, too. But this does not come close to 2-hearted ale.

3.68/5  rDev -1.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Fresh on the shelves in the last 2 weeks, no freshness date, 7.7% "Imperial Pale Ale"
L - pale amber-golden body with a creamy off-white head
S - fruity aroma with fresh citrus, grain, biscuit, caramel
T - fruity esters add to the pungent citric grapefruit and orange rind, mango, toasted grain, caramel, a bit bready
F - medium, creamy but resinous, hop oils stick to the palate, alcohol is noticeable but not overly, finishes sharp and pungently bitter
O - good but not great; I can't place it, but it seemed to be missing something for me. I think I read this is a single hopped beer, maybe it needed some variety. Unfortunately, I probably won't be buying this again.

4.48/5  rDev +20.1%

Poured into a Lunar Brewing Company pint glass.

A) Light Pilsner light yellow, hazy, one finger head

S) Mango, Grapefruit, skittles, hard candy, malted grain

T) Juicy, Mosaic Hops for sure. Fusel Alcohol towards the back of the pallet.

M) Medium amount of carbonation.

O) Tasty IPA and a great Mosaic single hopped IPA. So far this is the best from Flesk.

4.3/5  rDev +15.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

12 oz. bottle, with no apparent bottled on date present, but I know this beer just hit the shelves. Another new beer from the local Flesk Brewing Co., out of Lombard, Illinois. Bottle art drawn by a friend. Drinking about as local as it gets. Expectations are pretty good.

Poured into a clear balloon snifter.

A - Pours a beautiful juicy tropical cloudy orange colored body. Some small noticeable sediment floating in the glass with about a finger and a half of frothy doughy off-white head. Thin scattered bubbly lace. Looks delicious.

S - Oh my god, the smell is glorious. Beautiful fresh juicy floral / citrus hops - tangerines, grapefruit, oranges, mangoes, pine, & some creaminess / soapiness. Smells absolutely fresh & juicy.

T - Taste follows the nose - fruity and juicy. Tangerine, orange, grapefruit, mango, pine. This thing literally tastes like it has juice in it. Fresh, floral, and tropical. Lightly bready / malty on the finish, but it is in good balance with the hops.

M - The feel is deliciously juicy, smooth, refreshing, and light. Excellent carbonation, and not a shred of the 7.70% abv is noticeable.

Overall, probably the freshest, juiciest, most tropical, and best effort from the guys over at Flesk as of right now. This rivals some of the bigger Pipeworks DIPA's that I've had in terms of freshness and juiciness. Highly recommended if it is available to you.

Flesk Brewing Coat Of Arms ---4.5/5

3.15/5  rDev -15.5%

Being a fan of mosaic hops, my Binny's guy pointed this out to me to try, and I immediately snagged a 4pk. Poured from a bottle into a pint glass, the color is a bit muted, not very bright or crisp looking at all. The smell is also lacking, short bursts of grapefruit, citrus, some pine, but not pungent at all. I don't know if I got a bad 4pk, but there is little to no head whatsoever. After the first sip, I'm surprised there is almost no carbonation at all. A little sticky bitter/sweet ness, but for a Imperial IPA, it does not stick to the palate like I'm used to. I think I'll have to try another bottle or have it on tap, as I really hope I just got a bad batch. It's nice to have a local brewery do a single hop mosaic beer though! Hopefully it will get better.

to view more.