Pinglewolf 2.0 - Aardwolf Brewing Company

No picture uploaded.

pDev: n/a
Aardwolf Brewing Company visit their website
Florida, United States

(Beer added by: kylehay2004 on 06-26-2013)
Reviews by Lovely85:
4.5/5  rDev n/a

3.95/5  rDev n/a

This beer had me guessing as I thought it was too cold in its service, so I would taste a little as it sat on the bar. Without knowing its style or checking any electronic devices, I sorted through a realm of choices. While the beer was fresh, it didn't appear to me to be the strong IPA I would later guess.

It looked like a dark Belgian or RIS with its minimal head, but the roasted elements came through in the aroma. Inviting a taste, the whole glass came alive, and I was impressed with its flowing taste. I would not have guessed it was 9.2 abv as that seemed hidden until much later.

Overall, I thought it was very good, though I might have to slow down after having more than two in a row.

3.75/5  rDev n/a

4/5  rDev n/a

No head really with scattered lacing on a jet black body. Aroma of roast malt, coffee and earthy hops. Simple and a little mild but right on for the style. Flavor is intriguing. I actually get chocolate but its not sweet, more like confectioners chocolate I guess with coffee, roasted malts and slightly overwhelmed earthy hops. This one definitely leans more towards roasted malt bitterness over hoppiness. There is however a very nice orange peel citrus finish which was a nice surprise. Full body and moderate carbonation. Base beer is good, I just wanted a little more from the hops.

4.25/5  rDev n/a

Pinglewolf 2.0 from Aardwolf Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 5 ratings.