Blondie - The North Brewery

Reviews by WesWes:
3.5/5  rDev -17.6%

4.36/5  rDev +2.6%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Sample at the brewery, loved it so much that I got a half growler fill of it to go. Enjoying now from a Switchback shaker pint. A couple of things about this beer: I was told that it was an IPA by the brewmaster, though I would personally characterize it first as a Belgian Pale Ale and secondly as an American Blond Ale. Secondly, he told me it was "always on tap," so I put "Year-Round" in the description. Third, I have no idea what the ABV is, but I'm guessing somewhere around 6%.

A - pretty good looking beer. I know it lost a little carbonation from the growler pour, which wasn't oxygen sealed at the end, but it doesn't produce much a head from the forced pour. Nice oranges though, and lacing up the sides of the glass the whole way down.

S - wow, just wow. One of the best aromas I've ever gotten from a beer. Each of the elements can be detected individually, and the overall impression is spectacular. The Belgian yeast strain is evident here, though I don't know specifically what type it is. It provides the caramel, sticky, and earthier tones. The hops are floral and extremely light, certainly not overpowering. Incredibly balanced.

T - the taste is also great. Again, the Belgian strain is detectable, but it compliments the hop profile, which is so incredibly subtle that you almost miss it. I'm left with the impression of a grapefruit, though not quite as sweet. The bitterness at the end lingers just a tad too long for me.

M - again, excellent. The bitterness lingers, but not in an overly unpleasant way. It's also surrounded by the flavors that contribute to the great taste. No alcohol presence to speak of.

O - this is one of the best beers I've had this year. It's incredibly balanced and smooth, just a tad bitter towards the end. The hop profile and the yeast strain play off of each other in way I've experienced with no other beer. Bravo.

EDIT* I just checked their website for info on the beer (don't know why I didn't do that yesterday), and they list it as a Blonde Pale Ale.

4.25/5  rDev 0%

4.25/5  rDev 0%

3.75/5  rDev -11.8%

Blondie from The North Brewery
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.