Lake Street Express - 18th Street Brewery

American Pale Ale (APA) |  4.50% ABV

Beer added by: cetherid on 12-27-2013

to view more.
Ratings: 32 | Reviews: 2

Great sessionable APA, taste is on point. No glassware needed straight can to mouth beer. It's a beer drinkers beer for sure

4.15/5  rDev +4.5%

Got this in a trade from [USER=BourbonBob]

I'm not much of a hop head... rarely drink pale's or IPAs... this was a little gift, and I heard great things, so I had to give it a try. (anyhow, all of that said, I may not be the best judge of this style).

Pour looked almost over carbonated, huge frothy head that slowly dissipated into a thin lingering lace.

Aroma was great, very strong floral/citrus... loved it.

Taste, this is where I was afraid, I was expecting the bitterness to be just as strong as the smell, but not so... the flavor was there without the bitter bite. As a non-hop-head, I enjoyed this.

Mouthfeel was a bit thin... especially compared to the last few stouts I've had lately... but for a session beer (or a pale ale I never drink) it's probably spot on.

Overall, I liked it more than I expected (given its outside of my usual preferences), I think come summer I'll be stocking up on this one.

to view more.