Het Huis (The House) - De Steeg Brewing Company

to view more.
Ratings: 9 | Reviews: 2
Reviews by bfields4:
4/5  rDev n/a

This is probably their best-known offering, and it's a solid beer, though not quite as malty as the description implied. I expected it to taste a little different, but once I got past that, I enjoyed it. I'm sure this one will be most people's favorite.

3.84/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

usually when a beer is described as balanced, it means that hops, malts, and yeast cancel each other out in some way, nothing is more visible than the others, and that all are in equal proportion. when I call the house beer from de steeg balanced, I mean it in a much different way. all of the elements of this beer are completely distinct. I smell and taste Belgian yeast, American hops, and a variety of grains from Belgian pils through to English type caramel or crystal. all of these components make detectable contributions to the end result, but none is sticking out above the rest. its a special kind of balance, one where the grain, yeast, and hops come together and highlight one anothers best features. I loved this beer, big body, strong alcohol presence, a ouch of sweet oak, robust Belgian yeast, and enough hops to make the finish quick and a tad bitter. an excellent combination of flavors and textures. I wish it had just a little more carbonation, a common theme for me with de steeg beers, but this is an excellent flagship brew, different from any other ive had.

to view more.
Het Huis (The House) from De Steeg Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 9 ratings.