Microbrew Invitational

3.75/5  rDev +0.8%

3.5/5  rDev -5.9%

3.75/5  rDev +0.8%

3.71/5  rDev -0.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Anyone can help me with style, as "Belgian blonde" is not an option I saw. Description from another website: "A smooth Belgian blonde ale with aromas of honey, banana and citrus. Dry hopped with American Citra hops for a unique blend of CENFUL proportions."

A: little darker than I'd expect from a "blonde" (but decent for a pale ale), but a fair amount of mildly sustaining head
S: little hefe-ish, crisp, fruity, some banana notes, but also a bitterness in there. The malts make an appearance here, not in a sweet sense, but more grainy
T/M: the taste follows the nose, somewhat crisp but with a body. The hops take over and add what may be considered an ok hops bite by some, an invasion by others; it's by no means overpowering, but hard to rate given an unknown category.
O: enjoyable offering, but nothing special. I was far from disappointed. I could see sipping this one I the summer on the porch.

Cenful Belgian Blonde from Apocalypse Ale Works
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.