PsycHOPathy IPA - MadTree Brewing

Ohio, United States

Beer added by: Brew33 on 04-09-2013

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next → last
3.86/5  rDev -2.3%

I am partial to IPAs, so I have to be extra careful to not rate them unjustly higher relative to other styles.

I drank it straight out of the can, so I cannot really offer a rating on the beer itself, just the can. Which is cool by me. The smell is almost masked. Very low-key for an IPA. Usually they are floral; this one not so much.

Tastes great. Has a hint of nuttiness. Not incredibly bitter. Can't really taste the alcohol. Has a bit of bite at the end that tends to linger - reminiscent of their Gnarly Brown.

Feels light in the mouth. Not Coors Light light, but lighter than many others at this ABV.

Overall, I liked the beer and since I am from Ohio I tend to like it even more. (691 characters)

4.37/5  rDev +10.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Had it on tap and was amazed. Tastes fresh and crisp, very clean and pleasant. It's an easy-drinking IPA. The second time I had it out of a can and was a little disappointed but hey an IPA in a can isn't perfect. I would try to pour it into a glass next time. One of my favorites. (280 characters)

4.05/5  rDev +2.5%

A hazy, golden copper, topped with a lingering frothy head and good lacing. Faint aromas of grapefruit, lemon, and orange with floral hops are resiny pine. The understated malt backbone softens the Cascade, Chinook, and Centennial hops. An easy drinking American IPA with a clever name. (6.9% ABV) (301 characters)

4.47/5  rDev +13.2%

Everything I've ever wanted in an IPA. Balanced, but lets the hops do the talking with not too much malt. No added sweetness, but still so incredibly fruity. Scarily easy to drink. Cannot be beaten fresh from the brewery out of the can. Outstanding! (249 characters)

2.93/5  rDev -25.8%

I found this to be a very average IPA. I love the hop but this one didn't live up to the hype. As I write this, I'm sitting at the brewery, 6 feet from the tap. It is just an average beer. What a bummer. Their Galaxy High Imperial IPA is much more in line with what I expected. It's a very good beer. Psychopathy is just average. (329 characters)

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next → last