DOA IPA Hop On Or Die - Los Muertos Brewing

DOA IPA Hop On Or DieDOA IPA Hop On Or Die

Los Muertos Brewing visit their website
Mexico

(Beer added by: chinchill on 09-03-2013)

Beestin, May 03, 2014

leftoverburrito, Apr 11, 2014

Filabee, Apr 05, 2014
1.3/5  rDev -58.2%

12 oz bottle. Pours slightly hazy golden orange with a big creamy white head that retains well and laces the glass.

The aroma is sweet butterscotch malts and maybe a little grassy hop.

The flavor is sweet butterscotch with bitter metallic hops and maybe a little fruit. The mouthfeel is medium bodied with low carbonation and a bit watery.

Overall, a butterscotch metallic mess. The worst IPA I've ever had. I did finish it, so it wasn't so vile that I dumped it...I guess it has that going for it.

Beaver13, Mar 07, 2014
1.5/5  rDev -51.8%

mobrockman, May 04, 2014
1.5/5  rDev -51.8%

GRVrush2112, Jul 24, 2014
1.58/5  rDev -49.2%

To say this beer is simply bad is an insult to the word bad. This is awful, run, don't walk from this sad excuse for an IPA.

A - It looks like an IPA in a dishwatery sort of way.
S - Smells of gasoline and grass cuttings.
T - Still trying to forget the unpleasant mess. What did they do to this, and why would you put a label on it and sell it for, hatred of Gringos? 'The Dead' indeed!
M - Thin, unpleasant.

O - You don't want this one, drink a Miller Lite if you have to...

ChipMurray, Mar 03, 2014

DrunkenMonk, Mar 06, 2014
2.25/5  rDev -27.7%

bundy462, Mar 22, 2014
2.25/5  rDev -27.7%

GatorCoop, Feb 13, 2014
2.4/5  rDev -22.8%

I may be beating this point to death, but I am totally enamored of the label art on the bottles from this brewery! I would love to see these graphics on CANs, but for the meantime, I have to be satiated with bottles.

From the bottle: "Day of the Dead Beer[/]Cerveza De Los Muertos".

It escapes me as to why, if one is already dead, one would wear a helmet and goggles. Still, I dig the dude's sled with its scoop handlebars and flaming tank. I wonder if he and the Blonde who Rides a Pale Horse ever get together to go riding.

Enough flummery! My aggro pour produced three fingers of dense, rocky, French Vanilla-colored head with decent retention that in turn produced some great sticky lacing on its way down. Color was a hazy golden-yellow (SRM = 7). Nose had the saturated, sticky smell of an overhopped AIPA. I get that many of us like hops, but not all beers are designed for a heavy hand when it comes to hopping. This smelled like a bag of dank - green, leafy, sticky, slightly minty. Mouthfeel was medium but the bitterness on the tongue was imbalanced. I was reminded of when I used to impress people by letting a dry hop pellet dissolve on my tongue until I realized that just like smoking stogies, I was killing my palate and stopped doing stupid human tricks. Finish was dry and bitter, too bitter even for a self-avowed hophead such as myself. I am not going to hop on because I would probably rather die. Ugh. The recipe for this one needs to be revisited.

woodychandler, Dec 20, 2013

TX-Badger, Aug 06, 2014

mpenning13, Jun 02, 2014

deereless, Dec 27, 2013
2.55/5  rDev -18%

Poured a medium dark orange/gold with a creamy off-white head. The head has great retention and leaves some nice lacing. There is almost no aroma but what is there is very citrusy, almost orange zest. The taste is just bad. There is an odd malt flavor and a very bitter off-putting flavor, presumably from the hops. It lingers on the palate for a long time after the taste. There is little reminiscent of an IPA in the mouthfeel, either, thin and lacking in the hops resinous. This is just not a good beer.

delta490, May 22, 2014