Apricot Nectar - Alpine Beer Company

No picture uploaded.

Alpine Beer Company visit their website

American Pale Wheat Ale |  4.90% ABV

Availability: Summer

The base for this beer is Willy Wheat. They add Apricot extract to the tanks during aging to make the final product.
Draft availability only.

(Beer added by: xlperro on 08-03-2003)
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

Reappropriated, Mar 24, 2014
4.08/5  rDev +6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

A: This beer looks great. It is crystal clear and golden.

S: this was the least impressive aspect of the beer. The smell was nice but not great. Malt and apricot were present but made an appearance instead of a performance.

T: Nice mild malt flavor and discernable apricot. It gave me the classic instant reward of good beer flavor. The only reason that I didnt rate the beer higher was that there is a flavor that is a bit metallic but only faintly so.

M: Clean, crisp, and delightfully bubbly. Couldnt ask for anything more.

D: This stuff is refreshing and sessionable. The only aspect that would make this any more drinkable is the flavor.

I usually dont grab this stuff when I make my way to Alpine but there was a chance my wife might enjoy it. When we had the AN with our dinner tonight I was pleasantly surprised on two accounts, one that I liked the beer more than I had remembered and and two, that my wife said that it was one of the better beers that she had tasted. I am a happy man.

mattwjones, Oct 06, 2009
3.82/5  rDev -0.8%

SirBentham, Aug 23, 2014

LakerLeith, Jun 29, 2014
4.43/5  rDev +15.1%

On tap at the brewery in August 2009.

Poured a light yellow with a bit of an apricot-colored tint to it. A good amount of lacing. The aroma's first scent is straight-up apricot, although underneath some of the typical characteristics of an American Pale Wheat Ale kick in. The taste is quite similar, with the apricot being the dominant taste. I really liked what they did with this one, and would love to taste this sort of apricot on other styles as well, maybe a berliner weiss with it. The overall body was light, and the drinkability was excellent.

Thorpe429, Jan 20, 2010

2.63/5  rDev -31.7%

521st review on BA
Draft to Pint
@ Alpine Beer Pub

App- This was almost water clear with some yellow food coloring. No head just a thin layer of bubbles. Same as the base beer from which its brewed.

Smell- Very very light. I get faint fruits all around. The extract is okay, I am sure if fresh apricots were available it would kick it up a notch.

Taste- Taste follows the nose. Its a run of the mill APWA with some fruits in it but doesnt bring a whole lot to the table. As above the fresh fruits would have worked wonders vs. extract.

Mouth- Light bodied and high carbed. Left just a watery wheat taste and no fruit.

Drink- It was okay, just a base beer to appease the masses with something light. No real flavors behind it, but I could see a lot of people in SD slammin this for summer @ Mission.

FosterJM, Jun 01, 2011

HIBC, Jan 17, 2013
3.95/5  rDev +2.6%

Purchased during a recent visit to the Alpine Beer Company with fellow BA xlperro on 29th July 2005, some Two Years after my first visit here, also courtesy of BigDog.

The Apricot Nectar was available as a sampler whilst I waited for my two recently purchased Alpine Growlers to be filled with Emerson Lager and Pure Hoppiness. Described as the Willy Wheat with Apricot. Listed Strength was 4.9%ABV if I remember rightly.

Soft cuddly golden color had a little turbidity to it; the head was a minimally sized pure white affair. Spritzy carbonation even in the sampler. Lovely inviting nose, a mixture of freshly peeled Apricots and some tinned Peach tones – which lend one to question where the Apricot flavoring actually comes from. Taste is perfect, like most of Alpine Beer Company’s offerings; the carbonation is smooth and well-placed and supports the tastes without fault. The Apricot is not over powering but moreover this is a Wheaty offering with a soft luscious hint of fresh Apricots. Very nicely put together, I’m not big on “standard base beers with fruity essence added”, but this one works extremely well……..so much so I wish they would bottle this instead of the rather aggressive Mandarin Nectar.

This is a very good offering; I can vividly remember the fresh Apricot and the wheaty nature of this one from the smallest of samples. Gonna grab me a Growler of this on my return and do a proper Review!!! Recommended!

TheLongBeachBum, Aug 06, 2005

ILikeGoodCider, Mar 15, 2014
4.35/5  rDev +13%

Growler fill from the source.

A- A clear light golden straw color, pours with a modest snowy white head with minimal lacing.

S- At first I can really pick out just apricot, I do get stone fruits in general, that makes my mouth water. It does not smell like beer plus apricot juice, it has its own personality.

T- Well, apricot is definetly on the palate up front. It blends so well with the mellow biscuity background.

M- Nothing too special here. Light bodied, with good carbonation.

D- I am not a huge fruity beer guy, but.... This is by far my favorite. It is so easy to drink. My wife and I call this our breakfast beer when we go camping.

m1ked, Apr 28, 2008
3.25/5  rDev -15.6%

brycevolk, Jul 25, 2013

ck132286, May 13, 2012

drbenzo, Apr 15, 2013
3.23/5  rDev -16.1%

on tap at alpine.

A: poured a mellow yellow like the willy which they said it was just apricots added.

S: did not smell like apricots at all but had a good malt yeast balance and not a whole lot of hops goin on.

T: same as the smell but was a better apricot presence on the taste.

M: meduim bodied with a little carbonation that made the apricots stand out a bit more.

D: decent beer but would think that it would have been a little bit fruitier.

Gobzilla, May 01, 2010