Exponential Hoppiness - Alpine Beer Company

Exponential HoppinessExponential Hoppiness

Wants: 1,406
Alpine Beer Company visit their website

This Hop Monster uses multiple kettle hop additions with the technique of doubling the hop amount each addition (exponentially). Add in the hop back and the continuous dry hopping and your starting to get the picture. The beer is finished off with a "body-bag" sized hop-bag full of hop cones and oak chips. There it ages and mellows, disguising the alcohol content for a double strong, incredibly hoppy, yet drinkable beer.

(Beer added by: xlperro on 12-08-2003)
4.13/5  rDev -7%

A - Hazy and a bit darker than I was expecting from an IPA. Decently sized head with some nice lacing.

S - Smells like a malty IPA, not nearly the hop profile or strength of aroma I was expecting. A bit sweet, with pine and citrus notes.

T - Malty and hoppy. The citrus is grapefruity but it fades into some nice pine notes. Nice alcohol burn, I dig it in these types of beers. Very malty backbone, not overly sweet, but present.

M - Heavier IPA, very creamy.

D - I'd like it a little less malty and lighter to improve the drinkability, but it's a pretty easy drinker, especially for the ABV.

AgentZero, Apr 17, 2010
4.03/5  rDev -9.2%

Serving type- 22 ounce bomber poured into a snifter.

This beer pours a nice hazt orange color with a one finger white head that quickly disipates into a nice small white lace. I am picking up strong alcohol notes in the smell; this seems to overpower any and all other possible smell flavors. The taste of this beer is rather tame for an Imperial IPA. I can see this tasting more like an IPA, which due to its ABV might end up bitting you in the ass. Overall a good tasting DIPA that masks its strength rather well.
I recieved this beer as part of my Secret Santa package and I am happy to have finally tried it.

cbros, Apr 16, 2010
4.15/5  rDev -6.5%

Received in trade from TexIndy, thanks for the opportunity!

Pours a slightly hazy deep orange amber color with a small fluffy white head that slowly dissipates to a cap. Smells of grapefruit and slight pineapple with more caramel and toffee than I expected. Taste is much the same as the aroma. Juicy grapefruit mixed with caramel and toffee or butterscotch. Taste is smooth as hell. Medium body with a lingering almost sweet finish. Light to medium level of carbonation, resinous mouthfeel. I really enjoyed this one. I had this right after it came out as well, and the hops are fading quickly. Great beer, especially fresh.

johnnnniee, Apr 12, 2010
4.9/5  rDev +10.4%

Pour reveals a hazy deep gold body with appealingly thick off-white head and nice lacing. This is a very pretty beer. Serious hop on the nose, with all the pine sappy floral-y honey-y fresh notes to it. There's something rich in the background like the faint kick of durian, but that's all the better in my book. A little meatiness is there as well, possibly from the aging.

Very mellow and well-balanced flavor for all the smells of it. The faint meatiness really comes through in the taste along with a resiny pine sap flavor. Fresh grapefruit-type citrus and honey are the finishing flavors. The aging really adds a lot of dimension to this otherwise very hopped beer. Mouthfeel is smooth and slightly dry from bitterness with a small and filling but light carbonation. Drinkability is great for so flavorful an IPA. Slightly chilled, this bomber could be mine easily.

Overall I am very glad to have tried this. It's definitely a little different and definitely top-notch.

abuliarose, Apr 08, 2010
4.38/5  rDev -1.4%

Poured into a Foothills signature glass. Nice, clear, caramel-gold color with a finger of sudsy white head. Sticky lacing left on the glass.

Lots of piney, citrusy hops on the nose. Grainy maltiness mixes with some subtle wood notes. Bits of grapefruit.

Smooth, rich caramel malts mixed with sustained hop bitterness in the taste. Hops bring out a pine like character that goes well with the oak chips. Hints of citrus dance around the hoppy bitterness. A good amount of malt, but the hops still take center stage. The oak chips are what kicks the deliciousness of the flavor up a notch.

Body is smooth and malty with lots of bitterness throughout. Carbonation is light and almost washed out by the bitterness piercing your tongue. This feels like a big IPA, which it is, but the ABV is incredibly well masked.

For a triple IPA that weighs in at almost 11% ABV, this beast is pretty damn drinkable. I get the feeling that a bomber could disappear before you knew it. However, you've really got to like your hops to want to keep drinking this one.

Overall, this is my first Alpine beer and probably a pretty good place to start. Huge hop flavor and a smooth body. Plus the oak chips really add a nice level of complexity to the beer. I wish I had a few more in the fridge. I will definitely be seeking out more Alpine beers in the future and I highly recommend this one. A hopheads delight.

sisuspeed, Apr 08, 2010
4.1/5  rDev -7.7%

Obtained thanks to FrieghtTrain
Split with my brother on 4/4.

It pours a beautiful orange color, very clear, with a nice head on top. Looks like a very nice DIPA, and I'm ready to dive in. The smell is very interesting. I will add a note here, that I did not know that oak was added to this - and was very confounded at this mystery flavor thoughout, and once I heard it was oak, it all made sense. You get a smell of sweetness (which I believe is from the wood), filled with pine and flowers, with a lot of lemon zest and resin. It seems like it has a very nice bouquet, but it was being held back - probably because of the wood, but overall, very nice. The flavor starts off very rich, sweet, super full, with a note of peach, slightly sharp alcohol. The bitterness hits next, but is somewhat subdued and creamy almost, will hidden. You get the taste of fruitiness and the puckering sticky feeling of the hop resins. Also, this is very floral. It really beings to improve as it warms, enhancing the slightly cakey malts and the fruity hops, eventually you get notes of sweet pineapple and dense cakey grain. A very nice beer. The wood, I think, lends a kind of caramel candy flavor. The mouthfeel is incredible, must be the wood here. Sticky piney grassy resins mixed with the smooth sweet wood makes for a perfect body. With moderate carbonation that stings without overpowering. The beer just gets better and better with each drink, though the ABV slows you down more and more as you get deeper. This is one nice beer - I only wonder what it would taste like without the oak.

taylorhamrick, Apr 06, 2010
4.38/5  rDev -1.4%

On tap @ O'Briens (San Diego, CA) on 3/22/10. Served in a pint glass.

Pours a clear gold in the glass, with a thinnish covering of rich bright-white head. This maintains some foamy robustness around the edges, leaving a frothy cascade of lacing down the sides of the glass. The aroma is thick in the nose with huge hop character and backing sweetness. Pine, spice, citrus, caramel, bread are all very deep here, with some heavier warmth giving the bouquet a touch of a herbal or medicinal smell. Vanilla and oak are also very present here, really helping to smooth out those strong flavors in the nose and bringing it all together.

The taste blasts the mouth with hops, that just oozes and coats the palate with resins, citrus, and spice. A splash of caramel comes out across the back and once again, that woodiness of the oak and vanilla sweetness are really coming out, with it adding an extra layer of complexity to the profile and helping cover up some of that huge ABV. Lots of wood, vanilla, spice, and bitter fruits hangs hard in the finish. The mouthfeel is fuller bodied and creamy in the mouth. The alcohol content is large and beefy feeling but at no point (unlike the bottle) does this get stinging . This still isn't the easiest drinker out there but it does go down pretty good for the ABV involed.

Well after 3 visits in the last year to San Diego, I guess the 3rd time was definitely the charm, as I was finally able to get to try a pint of this on draft. The oak presence and ABV masking were a big step up from the bottled version, helping to make this even more flavorful and drinkable than it already was.

Kegatron, Apr 05, 2010
3.88/5  rDev -12.6%

Poured into a snifter. Exceedingly large thanks to nyrangersfan for this one.

3.5 A: Hazy dark yellow color. One and a half fingers of 1/2 frothy, 1/2 creamy head. Average retention and a decent amount of lacing.

4.0 S: Hops aren't as strong as I was expecting, but there certainly is more malt. Piney hops foremost with pineapple and grapefruit. There is an underlying oakiness, but nothing to write home about. A little boozy with strong barleywine-esque malts.

4.0 T: A mix of lots of malts and lots of hops. Barleywine style DIPA for sure. Hops are more fruity than they are piney with pineapple and grapefruit stealing the show again. Bitterness (which doesn't seem harsh anyway) is very much softened by the residual malt sweetness. Malts are strong in a neutral way, somewhere between bready and grainy. The pitfall of this brew is that the booziness is a bit too strong. Hopslam, for example, is just as high in ABV, but the alcohol is much better hidden.

4.0 M: Heavier medium body or perhaps even lighter heavy. Good carbonation and reasonably creamy. Lingering hop bitterness and booze on finish.

3.5 D: Pretty good brew. I like maltier DIPAs, but the alcohol is a bit too strong in this one. Still, I was glad to get ahold of this and would buy it occasionally if it were available.

DavoleBomb, Apr 05, 2010
3.93/5  rDev -11.5%

22 oz bottle shared with 321jeff and d13logan

First beer I tried from Alpine was Pure Hoppiness which I enjoyed, but didn't love. Regardless, still very excited to try this as it has the potential to be exceptional. Pour is a dark golden, copperish color, mildly hazed. Consistent frothy off white head and thick strings of lace. Aroma is strong and potent as expected, citrus and piney hops, resiny with caramel malt balance yet lacks any real wow factor for this style. Flavor is similar, loads of citrus and pine hops with caramel malt backbone and also some oakiness not as apparent in the aroma. Alcohol is also fairly strong throughout and there is something in the yeast used that we all identify as immediately recognizable from the Pure Hoppiness. PH was a favorite for being so smooth, balanced and drinkable and unfortunately this did not live up to the hype or reputation for the relatively fresh bottle we had.

yourefragile, Mar 28, 2010
4.6/5  rDev +3.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

Pours a golden orange with a thick white head. Lots of lace on the glass. There are lots of sediment particles suspended in the liquid. Aroma is of grapefruit, tangerine, and fresh cut grass.

Loads of hoppy bitterness in here. Lots of grapefruit here. Some grass and herbal-like qualities from the hops too. A bit of oak flavor is noticeable, and there is an underlying cotton candy sweetness in the background. Alpine had done a good job of hiding the 10.5% alcohol here. A great Double IPA.

hckyfn9999, Mar 28, 2010
3.9/5  rDev -12.2%

I drank this from a 22oz bottle into an Orval glass.

The beer pours a murky dark gold with a hint of orange to it. The head rises about a finger but is gone pretty quickly. Light lacing.

The aroma is surprinsingly pretty light, starts off with mostly bitter hops. The finish is some citrus, an interesting smell, as it's switched the normal ipa order.

The taste is much lighter than I thought it would, by like 10 times, I was expecting tons of bitterness and lots of pine. So in this sense I liked the beer because it beat my expecations. The beer was moderately hoppy but pretty smooth. So this is nice and hoppy throught, but a one noter. Only a slight bit of citrus at the end.

The feel is ok, a little light and not very lasting.

Overall, this was ok, nothing special.

jrallen34, Mar 27, 2010
4.13/5  rDev -7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

A - Deep amber/ruby body with a thin white head. Great lacing and legs. Wish it had more of a head to really bring out those aromas. Which leads me too...

S - Not what I expected at all. I've been on an IPA binge lately and I've been used to the strong earthy/piney hop aroma. This aroma is all sweet flower / citrus. Smells delicious.

T - Very sweet but balanced by a bitter hop bite. Hints of pine/earthyness comes through when it hits the tongue, but I am getting more of the sweet malt/toffee flavor. I'm still learning how to properly review a beer and the best way I can describe this beer is busy. Lots of strong flavors going on, and they all work together perfectly.

M - Very thick and almost creamy. Bitter finish, as expected.

D - Very different IPA from the other west-coast IPAs that I've been trying lately but still delicious. Outstanding drinkability for the alcohol / sheer flavor in this beer.

muttyd, Mar 26, 2010
4.3/5  rDev -3.2%

One of the few bottles I scored at South Bay Drugs in San Diego this past week. I was very happy to see this bottle staring back at me from the cooler and quickly snatched it up. 22 oz bottle served up in my Dogfish Head shaped pint.

A: Pours out of the bottle a light copper/orange in color. Held to the light, I am getting a more vibrant yellow more than anything. The body is very clear and clean, a good and medium carbonation moving around in here. Got about a finger of white head that has a nice and tight foam to it. The lace is quite nice, throwing up a good amount sticky foam all over the glass. The look is quite nice, not showing any sign of over carbonation or any negatives. Damn good looking brew.

S: Lots of beautiful hops going on in here. The crazy thing is that its not over poweringly hoppy. Its just a great hops presence. Lots of citric hops. Orange, grapefruit and a little bit of lemon peel mixing in here with a hefty dose of pineapple and just a touch of mango. Getting a nice pine presence as well. With all this kickin, I am still able to get some malt to come through. Light caramel and a little bit of buttery toffee stand and present themselves. Just a beautiful aroma and probably the best smelling variation of any IPA I have ever had.

T: I was expecting this to rip the enamel right off my teeth, but it is much more mild in the bitterness department than I was expecting. Don't get me wrong, its hoppy but its not out of hand. A balanced Triple IPA?! My attention has been captured. Lots of citric hops yet again with plenty of tropical fruit flavors. Nice and powerful grapefruit flavor mixed with a good pineapple presence start things off. Orange, lemon and lime all come through along with a very light mango presence. With all of this hops you get bitterness along with sweetness. More sweetness comes out with a little bit of woody vanilla and then there is a good amount of caramel and toffee malts. It is not completely balanced but it does have a nice effort towards balance. nicely crafted.

M: Medium in body with a good amount of medium carbonation. The body is actually pretty silky and creamy which is a huge, pleasant suprise. This beer has a nice coating to it due to its creaminess. This beer finishes pretty dry and lightly bitter. ABV is incredibly light for the size of this beer. Their effort to keep this ABV is nicely well done. After taste is a good amount of pineapple and grapefruit.

D: This is a great beer. Pleasantly suprising is how balanced this beer is. You hear Triple IPA and you expect a crazy hoppiness that a person could barely handle, but this is not the case here. This beer is hoppy and has bitterness but it doesn't destroy your palate. It is nice to see that they didn't leave this beer as just a crazy hopped brew but that it was nicely crafted and attention was paid to balance and hiding the ABV. Its hard to say if I am not a little disappointed that it wasn't crazy bitter, but I can say that I enjoyed the hell out of this beer. Well worth the wait and worth picking up. Great brew.

everetends, Mar 22, 2010
4.13/5  rDev -7%

Let me begin this by saying I am doing a taste testing between PtE, Gubna, and this beer. Accordingly, I believe this beer is a bit older than I originally thought so that may skew my ratings.

Appearance - Pours a somewhat cloudy tawny color. I poured relatively vigorously yet achieved only a finger of head that quickly dissipates leaving lackluster lacing. [edit] Did another pour and obtained a MUCH better appearance. Bumping this up to a 4.5 because wow, not sure how, but the second pour was amazing looking. Two fingers of head and sickly sticky lacing.

Smell - Heavy biscuit and malt at the forefront. Again, I feel because this may be two-three months old (found out after I purchased it that it may be that old), the "strong pine and grapefruit" aromas are not as prevalent in my beer. It takes a massive amount of inhaling to even find some of the hoppy/piney/citrusy goodness.

Taste - Malty. Much more of a malty backbone than I would have thought this beer would have. This leads me to think this is somewhat how the beer is, because if the hops fade that fast...well damn. The malty flavors give way to light bitter grapefruit flavors, just a hint of pine, and as it warms up, a bit more of hop bitterness. Still, much more malt flavor than anything else.

Mouthfeel - Creamy (though not as creamy as Gubna) with okay carbonation. I feel this beer is a bit undercarbonated for what it should be.

Drinkability - Relatively so. I do not taste the alcohol but boy can you feel the warmth of it with each sip. Extremely well hidden abv and a decent TIPA, however, when compared to other beers by Alpine (i.e. Nelson and Duet) I would choose those over this, and accordingly a Pliny over this. Again, I feel this review is somewhat biased if indeed this is a bit older than it should be, however, I just purchased a Nelson from the same store (and I believe they got it in the same time) and that was still in fantastic condition. "shrugs" I will have to re-review this when I get a BRAND spanking new one, however, for now...I was not "that" impressed with such a highly ranked TIPA.

SpdKilz, Mar 22, 2010
4.3/5  rDev -3.2%

A - Murky amber brown in color. Head is a solid inch but quickly dissipates. Large carbonation bubbles can be seen sticking to the side of the glass.

S - Biscuit and malt aromas interlaced with strong pine and grapefruit hop smells.

T - Sweet maltyness that comes with the impressive 11% abv, but this is offset very well with the fruity bitterness of the massive amount of hops used to brew this beer. There is little to no apparent heat to this beer, a true testament to the blend of hops used.

M - Slightly creamy but clean, possibly due to the large amount / size of carbonation bubbles.

D - To easy, 11% is not something you should be permitted to devour like this. This beer is King among the extreme hop beers on the market.

neorunner, Mar 22, 2010
3.83/5  rDev -13.7%

latest batch released

thanks to smokepot23

pours copper in color. light fluffy head has hints of cream. great retention and decent lacing. lots of carbonation rising through out.

light sweet citrus up front, with tangerine and orange with hints of grapefruit. slight caramel malts

citrus hops are light. decent bitterness through out, although more mellow than the draft. very strong dark caramel malt backbone. does not really taste like a triple IPA, more of a double. light booze towards the end.

light to moderate, has a bit of tingle on the gums. this and the alcohol warm it up a notch.

nothing really stands out here, besides bitterness. the malts are quite powerful which leads to its demise as it ages a bit. this was decent and enjoyable but not something i would want THAT often. it needs something else in the hops, more complexity.

hooliganlife, Mar 20, 2010
4.68/5  rDev +5.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Bottle, home. Excellent beer with lots of sweet malt and lots of hops.

This beer pours a mildly hazy orange-gold, perhaps a shade or two darker than your average DIPA. There's very little head and what's there dissipates.

The aroma is sweetly hoppy. There's clearly a lot of malt in this beer, but the hops still dominate with a big wildflower aroma with pine resin and tangerines chipping in a touch less. The malt contributes a background caramel sweetness.

This is not my favorite style of DIPA. I tend to prefer them dry and bitter. However, Exponential is the best sweet DIPA that I've ever had and the flavor is a success. The key is probably that the hops still dominate the flavor profile. The malt is just a big supporting sweetness. There's still plenty of delicate hop notes and hop bite in the finish.

This beer finishes nice and bitter despite the sweetness. The aftertaste is very pleasant and the alcohol is pleasant and warming. I've become a big fan of Alpine in the past few days. I just hope that they start distributing their bottles more regularly to Northern California.

popery, Mar 20, 2010

A- Lovely, deep ochre.

S- Strong malt aroma, fusel notes, with caramel and pine.

T- Sweet, malty backbone carries alcohol and hops nicely. A bit surprising, I was expecting far more hop forwardness and bitterness.

M- Creamy and thick without being heavy.

D- For the style and ABV, exceptional.

smulkowski, Mar 19, 2010
4.33/5  rDev -2.5%

Another west coast IPA from JesseTheHutt.

22 ounce bomber poured into a snifter glass.

The Exponential Hoppiness pours an amberr color with a very nice looking frothy head and lots of lacing on the snifter. Not sure how old this bottle is, but color seems different than what others see. Aromes are dominated with hops. The hop backbone adds a lot of pines but there are some caramel and citrus undertones. But the nose is very much dominated with hops. Quaff is again dominated with hops. Other tastes that come through are malts, biscuits, and pines. Not much citrus is noted on the palate. Mouthfeel is fairly thick bodied for a DIPA. Drinkability is solid. Another great IPA from Alpine.

abrand, Mar 15, 2010
4.5/5  rDev +1.4%

Poured from a 22 oz bottle into a pint glass.

A: Pours a golden orange color with a white head.

S: Lots of citrusy hop aroma with a light malt background.

T: A very well balanced DIPA. The malt base is slightly sweet with caramel and honey notes. The hops are a bit unusual in taste, I can't put my finger on what they are. The hops are absolutely prominent but not overwhelmingly bitter.

M: A tad on the thick side, a bit viscous. Average carbonation.

D: A very drinkable DIPA. The 11% is well hidden but gets you in the end!

willjschmidt, Mar 15, 2010
4.72/5  rDev +6.3%

Poured from a 22oz bottle into my Mad Elf glass. No freshness or bottled on date.

A-Pours a surprisingly deep amber color with a a nice white head. More than I expected for a brew of this strength. As head recedes, it sticks to the sides, leaving a nice lacing.

S-Lots of floral and citrus characteristics from the pungent hops, but not as over the top as I expected. I have to ding it a little here.

T-Citrus and grassy up front with a nice malt sweetness and breadiness developing in the middle. Hops come in soon after to lead to a delightful fading bitterness. Bitterness is certainly not overwhelming by any means, but you definitely know it is a IIPA. Alcohol is very well masked.

M-Viscous mouthfeel as one would expect for a brew of this strength. Perhaps a little too much carbonation is my only complaint.

D-My God, this has to be the most drinkable 11% beer I've ever had. No problem finishing the bomber by myself. I've had normal strength IPAs that were less drinkable. The alcohol is hidden extremely well; no hint of burn or hotness. I could see it becoming cloying after 1 bomber, but then consuming this fine brew in such quantities would be an utter waste of a fine product.

If I lived in Cali, this would probably be my go to IIPA.

javincik, Mar 14, 2010
4.35/5  rDev -2%

Appearance - Poured 3 days later from the growler fill at the source. Appears clear and filtered, a light golden-orange color. Poured a 3 finger foamy head. Lingered until half way through. Ring around the glass lingered the rest of the way through.

Aroma - Very unique. I get tropical fruits and citrus. Pineapple, apricot, peach.

Taste - Like biting into a hybrid megafruit. Mango, papaya, pineapple. Gently followed by a bittering agent and perfect carbonation, maybe a bit of alcohol. Nice balance. Not a hop tea, some malty taste too.

Mouthfeel - Medium-light body. After the bitter, resinous tongue twisting, leaves me with a silky smooth feel.

This gets much better after it looses the chill and airs out a bit. Don't drink it too fast. At 11% it creeps up on ya. Drink Alpine or go to Bed.

cjever19, Mar 14, 2010
4.47/5  rDev +0.7%

Most recent bottling, thanks to Jason for the trade...
Shared this and reviewed from notes.

Appears to be a murky red in the glass, glowing orange in the light. Spotty islands of foam dot the surface, with plenty of that sticky icky coating the glass and the lips.

Luscious and tropical, peach and mango burst out of the glass. Utterly awesome. Kept sticking my nose in the glass the whole time!

Resiny and herbal, savory, almost like a fruit nectar with low to medium carbonation. Smooth and luscious. Tropical fruits, cantaloupe, melon, a touch sweet with a building bitterness in the vaguely dry aftertaste. Leafy and woody as it sits in the glass. Caramel toffee malt sweetness is there too, underscoring the tropical hop onslaught. It's deceptively mild for 10.5%, with barely perceptible alcohol that comes out as it warms. Pretty amazing!

emerge077, Mar 13, 2010
4.53/5  rDev +2%

Pours into my glass a deep amber orange with a healthy, creamy inch of off white head on top. Aroma is huge with a wall of hops...pine resins, citrus and dank herbal notes. Somewhat fruity and tropical along with a caramel/biscuit backbone. A touch of oak. Quite intense and vibrant.

First sip brings a wall of wonderful hops. Huge pine resins alongside citrus and fruity tropical flavors. Dank herbaceous notes with a solid caramel/biscuit malt profile. Flows down with a hardy bitterness and a touch of oak. Alcohol creeps in slightly but overall it's kept in check. Sweetness is well balanced. Exponential Hoppiness is an appropriate name! Yum.

Mouthfeel is super smooth and even a bit creamy. Spot on carbonation, this is incredibly drinkable for the strength and the ABV is non-existent. Overall, just a great super hoppy brew. Glad I was able to get a bottle.

orbitalr0x, Mar 13, 2010
4.5/5  rDev +1.4%

Purchased from South Bay Drugs, thanks Joey.
Beautiful orange pour into a Sierra Nevada Pint Glass.
A smallish white head which leaves plenty of lacing.
A citrus perfume of scents mixed with some hops.
Delightfully bitter hoppy flavor which is melded with some nice sweet malt, but in the finish, the hops win out again. A bit more balanced than I expected given the description, but I'm really liking the way this tastes.
Nice amount of carbonation in the mouthfeel, not overly syrupy, and very little alcohol burn.
Not sure any beer with 10.5% ABV could get high marks for drinkability, but given the strength, the alcohol is very well masked. All I know is, I'm having a great time drinking this one.
I really like this beer. I was prepared for an impossibly over-the-top hoppy concoction, but this is very tasty and enjoyable beer. I will definitely be looking for this bad boy again.

kwakwhore, Mar 13, 2010