Duet IPA - Alpine Beer Company

Duet IPADuet IPA

Alpine Beer Company visit their website

Beer added by: SteveO1231 on 12-31-2005

A West Coast IPA that features Amarillo and Simcoe hops "in harmony," giving a light, floral aroma. Duet is nicely bitter with the perfect amount of malt concealed behind the hoppy goodness. Immensely drinkable, amazingly light on its feet.

4.74/5  rDev +7.5%

Bottle, home. Holy crap, this is good. This beer pours a light golden amber with a nice white head that leaves good lacing. The aroma hit me the instant I uncapped the bottle. This is not a shy beer. It smells like a truckload of tangerine rinds and pine needles were mixed with fairy dust and dumped in a meadow of flowers. A big whiff of this beer is like aromatherapy for a hophead. As Ninkasi doubtlessly intended, this IPA is all about showcasing the hops. The flavor is light and dry with lots of hop bitterness, but there's just enough malt sweetness to keep it from paint thinner territory. The mouthfeel is oily with hop residue but just a bit thin. However, I think that I'm only noticing that because the hops are so big that my palate is assuming it's in DIPA territory. For a dry 7% abv beer, Alpine probably couldn't do any better in this regard. This is a phenomenal beer. I can't wait to try the rest of the Alpine bottles that I bought.

4.73/5  rDev +7.3%

22 ounce into a nonic

Pours a clear golden orange color with a thin head that remains throughout.

Smells hoppy and incredibly floral.

Taste is similar to the aroma with a nice peppery zest and a slight bitterness.

Mouthfeel is light with a decent carbonation.

Overall is an amazing IPA I would try again and again.

4.72/5  rDev +7%

Picked up a growler with a couple of friends while visiting SD this past week...which was awesome by the way! Anyways, we went back to the condo the very same night and polished it right off. Thanks for a great weekend guys!

A: A darker golden hue with a very fluffy and off-white head that was pretty immense. The lacing along the side of my tulip was impressive as well.

S: The initial smell hits your nose with tons of citrus-like hops...similar to a tangerine, orange, and mango mix. The more vegetative and piney aroma seems to hit later on, along with some diacetyl properties.

T: The malt body is light during the initial stages, but becomes sweeter and fruitier (grapefruit perhaps) as it sits on the palate. There is also mild back end bitterness and hop flavor that adds a nice touch to this beer.

M: Slightly dry, light body, and decent carbonation.

D: I've tried this beer a few times now...and the more and more I drink...the more and more I fall in love with it. I prefer the Nelson over this one, but this probably the most drinkable Alpine beer out there.

Overall: Saw this on tap at Toronado SD last night and found myself ordering this over Pliny the Elder, Expo Hoppiness, Blind Pig and so on. Hope that explains how I feel about this beer. A must try. Cheers!

4.72/5  rDev +7%

LongBeach thanks for the hook up. First Alpine brew well worth the wait and lived up to the hype.

A- Poured one finger head, plus some amazing lacing that remained on the tulip start to finish.

S- Pine and Floral aroma filled my nose as soon as I popped the top, very strong and inviting.

T- Do not know how anyone could not like hops after drinking this beer.

M- Too Smooth, great carbonation.

D- I am debating cracking the Exponential Hopiness I have in the fridge. Good Stuff and I hope they make their way to Philly at some point.

4.72/5  rDev +7%

This was poured from a growler purchased at Alpine and I also had a glass on tap at O'Brien's the day before. Bright orange color with a white head that really laced the glass. The smell was a little pine but mostly bright fresh citrus fruit, excellent. The flavor was like nectarines and oranges, so juicy and hoppy, fantastic. This beer really impressed the hell out of me and I hope I can get my hands on a couple bottles if they release them.

4.71/5  rDev +6.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

just an incredible beer. Perfection and balance define the palate. Has the right amount of hops, right amount of malt, and it has a silky smooth drink down the palate. There's a bit on the front palate and the concentration of flavor is so appealing and long Not sure what else you can ask from a west coast IPA.

look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

A BIG thank you to Rish in Californa for this beast of a beer.

Appearance: Pours a great looking hazy golden color, definitely unfiltered with a nice creamy head of foam.

Smell: The smell is very strong citrus, very forward and up front. I love it

Taste: So much flavor, so many levels in this beer, it is awesome and quite refreshing also. It has an awesome sweet, bitter, and piney taste. Nice bitterness but is not overpowering just perfect

Mouthfeel: Couldn't really ask for anything more, nice and creamy with good carbonation.

Overall just a great beer, one of my favorite IPAs I'm upset I can't get this here in Chicago. I was so impressed with Duet it's wonderful

look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75