The Imperial Texan - Martin House Brewing Company

The Imperial TexanThe Imperial Texan

Martin House Brewing Company visit their website
Texas, United States

American Amber / Red Ale |  8.00% ABV

(Beer added by: tubeyes on 04-15-2013)

Texasfan549, May 16, 2014

kjkinsey, May 12, 2014

kylehay2004, Jul 26, 2014

The mighty JenRay comes through with one CAN after the other in support of The CANQuest (TM) and I CANnot thank her enough! I do my best to keep her plied with APAs, AIPAs, and DIPAs, but it CAN never match her CANtributions.

From the CAN: "Made in Texas by Texans"; "CANs: Infinitely Recyclable (SM)".

With the Crack!, I salute the great Republic of Texas, which I actually prefer to its neighbor, Oklahoma. Murray and I had a blast in Houston on the Fourth of July, wowed 'em in San Antonio and parted company in Austin. I have been to Dallas, which is Ground Zero for us CANspiracy theorists and the Jurkowskis took me to El Paso. Texas, I drink your beer! I could not maintain the inverted Glug as it was a pounder CAN and I got a tad bit of overflow as it was. It settled into two fingers of dense, obstinate, tawny head that sat like an angry burro and defied anything to happen. Color was Light Copper to Copper (SRM = > 13, < 17) with a light haze to keep me guessing. Nose was great! Sweet malt was counterbalanced by pine hops for a mouthwatering melange. Mouthfeel was full, dense, thick and laid on my tongue like a dollop of cream. The hops were not playing around and immediately went to work, jackhammering my poor, tender tongue while its unsuspecting tastebuds were lollygagging around, enticed by the sweet, lovely malts. Before any defense could be mounted, the malts slipped away and the hooligan hops began beating on everything in their reach. It was a streetfight in my mouth! Just like the poor soul on the CAN's graphic label, I had not even broken leather and I was shot through the heart. Finish was so intense that I sat down heavily, watching as I bled out, fingers pressed over both my heart and mouth, trying to keep all of the precious liquids inside of me. I think that it was trying to send me a subtle (?) message to keep my dickskinners off of Texas' beers, but I know that they CAN only have my CANs when they pry them from my cold, dead fingers. The sticky lacing that remained in its wake was as sticky as my blood, which now stained the streets of Fort Worth. I had been deemed unWorthy.

woodychandler, Aug 31, 2014

atrocity, Apr 29, 2014

16 oz tallboy pours a hazed reddish-copper color with a large cap of beige head that is fluffy and sticky.

Nose is sugared grapefruit, caramel, toast and pine sap. Good malt/hop balance.

Nice flow from leafy hops to a toffee malt middle and finishes long and bitter. Maybe a little more hop flavor on the front end would get this beer into the upper echelon of imperial red ales, but as is, it is a mighty fine brew. I was a little hesitant to pull the trigger on a 4-pack for 12 bucks, but now am glad I did. Has alot going on and I cant see this one getting boring. Good stuff!

twiggamortis420, Mar 29, 2014

BGsWo22, Aug 16, 2013

BMart, Jan 09, 2014

Dicers, Nov 11, 2013
4.33/5  rDev +11.9%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

A: Beer pours a nice red body with a half inch thick white head

S: A delicious smell of fresh hops hits me in the face. There is also a nice sweetness to it.

T: Tons of bitter hops and it tastes delicious in this style. It's almost more like and imperial IPA IMO.

M: Strong bit of carbonation on the back of the throat.

O: It's nice to finally have a nice beer from Fort Worth that's actually worth something... Take note Rahr.

gtermi, Apr 25, 2013