1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Trappist Westvleteren Special 6 - Brouwerij Westvleteren (Sint-Sixtusabdij van Westvleteren)

Trappist Westvleteren Special 6Trappist Westvleteren Special 6

Brouwerij Westvleteren (Sint-Sixtusabdij van Westvleteren) visit their website

Belgian Dark Ale |  6.20% ABV

(Red Cap)

(Beer added by: TheLongBeachBum on 03-31-2004)
View: Beers (3) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
Ratings: 56 | Reviews: 44 | Show All Ratings:
gory4d

4.09/5  rDev -2.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Thanks to Will for this one. Shared with my wife.

Pours a dark brown with a lot of white foam that doesn't quite turn into a head. Sort of russet around the edges. The smell is faint leather, some plum, a little wood. It's quite sweet, really, reminding me of a mild cola; lots of melon and fruit, with some rich undertones of tobacco. It's quite effervescent, but creamy at the same time - very pleasant. A nice treat that I'm glad I was able to try.

11-18-2013 21:51:26 | More by gory4d
beerpirates

3.33/5  rDev -20.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Many thx to Thijs for opening this very rare bottle

Poured into a westy 12 tastingglass

Poured medium-to-deep amber with no head.
The aroma picked up soft, dusty, spicy yeast over well-aged toffee, raisins, and dates The flavor held up as well with some caramel and accents of port , raisins, and faint smoke
Medium-bodied with lower carbonation on the palate..

05-21-2013 08:35:42 | More by beerpirates
spdyfire83

Ireland

3.49/5  rDev -16.5%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

307th Review
33cl bottle poured into Crooked Stave tulip
Mid/late-90's, I gather from discussions with the individual who passed this my way. Cheers!

I shared this at a random Wednesday afternoon tasting at Crooked Stave (thanks Chad for welcoming us!) as part of "December to Remember - 2012". Drank alongside Westvleteren Dubbel, amongst others.

A: Light brown. Quarter, (tan) fingernail, bubbly head on medium pour. More carbonated than its brethren!

S: Notes of dark fruit, raisin, light brown sugar, and breadiness. Touch of mild cherry here too.

T: Hidden cherry starts things off followed by soft dark fruit, caramel, and cardboard. Touch of sour too and I know this thing is past its prime.

M: Medium/full bodied with soft (nearly flat) carbonation.

O: Surprisingly bad and over-the-hill. Quite strange to me considering this bottle is younger than the Red Cap. I find it amazing that the lower ABV withstood time more resiliently than this. Granted they are different styles, but they generally have the same characteristics in my opinion. My recommendation, do not bend-over-backwards to get this.

02-17-2013 17:02:29 | More by spdyfire83
bmwats

Louisiana

3.93/5  rDev -6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

Poured from a 33 cl bottle, into a tulip.

A: Hay colored. Lots of carbonation. Pours a cascading bubbly head. Settles fairly quickly, but does leave a smattering of bubbles on the surface. Sparse spiderweb lacing.

S: Fresh cut grass and hay. Sourdough.

T: Fresh cut grass, a little honey, bitter rye, and a little bready.

M: Light, crisp, bittersweet finish.

D: Not much resistance. Go for it.

Atmosphere is good. Nice hue, carbonation, and head. Nose is bittersweet and grassy. Flavor is fresh cut flora, with some sweet notes. Overall, this is a really good quaff.

02-14-2013 06:06:30 | More by bmwats
eric5bellies

Australia

4.95/5  rDev +18.4%

Drank at Kulminator, Antwerp 98 vintage from a st sixtus chalice

A - Pours a nice deep mahogany colour with a an off white two fingered head that stays the distance, amazing

S - Port, toasted bread and raisins. Very pronounced.

T - Wow, this beer has held up amazingly well, the yeast and raisins are very evident still with a little port like flavours as well. The finish is so smooth and not boozy at all.

M - the carbonation is almost all there with the body medium. Smoothness is impressive.

O - Although this beer is 13 years old I'm amazed at how well it has held up. So much flavours and complexity still exists in this beer. It's a privalidge to taste masterpieces like this and although a little past it's best I cannot mark it down because it has truly lasted the test of time and for a beer that is only 6.2% that is quite remarkable.

09-29-2012 20:37:15 | More by eric5bellies
Huhzubendah

District of Columbia

3.75/5  rDev -10.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4

A huge thanks to drabmuh for sharing this whale of a beer with us on his birthday.

The beer is orange hued, displaying a thick, lasting head that coats the chalice with a sheet of lacing.

The aroma offers malt, butterscotch, basement, rain water, canteloupe. Interesting. It does smell old...like a monk's closet.

The flavor was decent, especially given the age of the beer. Interesting to say the least. Dank basement, melons, butterscotch, caramel malt.

I was really impressed with the mouthfeel. Perfect carbonation and silky smooth on the palate.

Overall, what an experience. Thanks Matt!

03-10-2012 23:00:23 | More by Huhzubendah
drabmuh

Maryland

3.93/5  rDev -6%

This has been a long time coming, a personal "whale" of mine, drinking a Westvleteren 6 out of a Westvleteren goblet...doesn't get much more "baller" than that in my mind. I loved this experience.

Beer is amber to brown with a slight haze, almost no head, low carbonation, no lacing, no retention.

Aroma is sweet, almost cherry like, mild sherry notes, thin, perhaps a bit oxidized.

Beer is sweet, bright on the palate, not funky at all, drinking pretty nicely, mild notes of oxidation on the palate, a strong finish on the beer overall. I enjoyed it and if possible I'd have it again.

02-29-2012 16:01:09 | More by drabmuh
mdfb79

3.78/5  rDev -9.6%

From 02/25/12 notes. Bottle shared by drabmuh at his birthday tasting; thanks Matt, was very excited to try this one. Tried in line with a 25 year old bottle of Westy 8, a relatively newer Westy 8, and a Westy 12.

a - Pours a murky mahogany brown color with one inch of off white head and moderate carbonation evident.

s - Smells of fruity malts, raisins, dark fruits, a little musty, bready malts, light caramel. Smell is sweet and a little oxidized, but still very nice.

t - Tastes of dark fruits, raisins, sugar, fruity malts, earthy notes, more musty then the nose, sweet. A step down from the nose and oxidized again.

m - Medium body and low carbonation. Pretty easy to drink.

o - Overall a nice beer but a bit oxidiized and I'd guess a bit past its prime. Taste was a little too sweet for me. Very cool to try and was better then the 25 year old Westy 8, but didn't compare to the fresher Westy 8 and Westy 12. I'd suggest drinking yours now if you've got one left.

02-26-2012 22:18:42 | More by mdfb79
Thorpe429

3.78/5  rDev -9.6%

Huge thanks to drabmuh for acquiring this bottle. Served in a small Westvleteren chalice.

A: Pours a very slightly-hazed amber-copper color with a half-finger white head and just a bit of spotty lacing on the way down.

S: The nose carries a pretty heavy amount of fruit. Slight oxidation plus a bit of cherry and other dark fruits. Almost a touch of melon waiting in the background.

T: The flavor is a bit less traditional. Some melon-type flavor comes through along with a bit of bread and a touch of caramel. Really quite interesting. Maybe a bit of strawberry. There are definitely fruits present, but not in the traditional way. Hard to place.

M: Body is light to medium with good carbonation and a semi-dry finish. Very light bitterness.

O: This has held up fairly well. Good fruit presence and a bit of malt. Assuredly past its prime, but still certainly worth a try.

02-25-2012 21:12:44 | More by Thorpe429
Mar02x

3.93/5  rDev -6%

With thanks to BA Brabander, I was able to try this beer. Brabander brought his beer to a tasting organized by Fiona de Lange (the Dutch beer lady).

A - A murky fluid with no head whatsoever.

S - It has got the smell of a sweet sherry.

T - Gone! This beer is long gone! It became sour. Not that I mind though, because of the sweet sherry it is very nice to drink.

M - A very light carbonation, no bitterness.

O - I would love to try one that is still good.

02-20-2012 17:27:10 | More by Mar02x
cpetrone84

3.45/5  rDev -17.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Had at Akkurat. Pour is slightly murky brown with ruby red edges and a light tan head. The nose has tons of sweetness, loads of raisin, caramel malt, syrupy dark berries. The taste is more balanced but also less bright. Seems a touch oxidized, raisins and caramel are most dominant, syrupy dark fruits almost artificial berry-like, flavor thins out in the finish. Full bodied, very thin finish, syrupy texture on the tongue, light carb and slightly oily.

01-16-2012 19:51:23 | More by cpetrone84
kojevergas

Brown glass bottle with no label and the distinctive Red Westvleteren cap served into a goblet at Akkurat in Stockholm, Sweden, in July 2011. Vintage was 1996, making it roughly fifteen years old. Cost was a brutal 295 SEK (~43 USD at the time). They had to fetch this from the cellar for me, and it was opened pretty carefully. Served fairly cool but not too cold.

Reviewed from detailed notes.

A: Pours a half finger head of brilliant beautiful cream, good thickness, and bad retention for the ABV. The head is white in colour, while the beer is a very appealing dark ruby-black. I can't wait to dive in.

Sm: Cherry, raspberry, strawberry - all light fruit hop esters (as opposed to 'dark' fruit like in the other three Westvleteren beers I've tried). It's a very excellent fruit aroma all around. Refreshing, and evocative of fruli or framboise summer beers. I didn't expect the fruits to smell as bright and pleasant as they do. Amazing, pleasant, and perfect. Incredibly subtle; I think the age has done the aroma well.

T: Creamy foundation with bright fruit ester hops atop. Everything from the nose is present; lots of strawberry dominates. There's a bit of a water note, no doubt from the aging. Structurally, each act is quite brief but impressively flavorful. The climax is bright ester laden. It's brilliantly balanced, ignoring the water (which is easy to do). It's beautifully artfully constructed. Complex and wonderful.

Mf: Masterfully complementary of the flavours of the body. It's a bit vinegary/watery after the climax, but that's not the brewer's fault. It's delicately soft, subtly creamy, and incredibly well suited to the complexity of the taste. Very carefully crafted indeed.

Dr: The obscene price is to be expected. No alcohol comes through. It's a wonderful beer but sadly it seems to be getting steadily worse with time; it probably peaked five years ago. Drink it while you can, because soon it will be shite vinegar (see La Trappe Amber). I've given is a score based on its full character as is now, but I suspect at its peak it was an A- or even an A. Either way, it's fantastic.

[Note that I gave it a B+ at time of review, prior to the new number system coming in. A B+ at that time was 3.76-4.00.]

12-26-2011 20:38:50 | More by kojevergas
claaark13

Indiana

4.43/5  rDev +6%

Thanks for having a birthday Cam, that was nice of you.
Poured into a Delirium snifter. Thanks THIJS for being the root of this bottle, and thanks to the "one" that gave it to Cam.

A - Ruby, light lacing with bubbles. The lacing is nice, especially with consideration that it is 25 years old. It actually looks nice as it is if the age isn't considered.

S - Malts....yeah, malts....light breadiness and a little bit of sweetness. The aroma is quite potent for the age. Slight amount of dark fruits. I'd say that the fruits are like a small amount of fresh cherries. Not artificial cherries, but some fresh black cherries. Maybe it is the sweetness mixed with the bready malts, who really knows? Very nice no matter how you slice it.

T - Muted breadiness, then some missing flavors in the middle, then a very dry finish. The middle is a slight cherry on top of muted bread. The end is almost like taking a bit of a green apple but without any sourness. The middle is just missing some flavor that I think would be more evident in a 90's version of this beer.

M - Certainly carbonated. Light, drinkable. Appropriate for what it is. I watched Cam drink the dregs...I bet that was nice.

O - Good, old, enjoyable. There was less of a cobweb/cellar/dust flavor in this one than other +15 year old beers I've had, with few exceptions. I also didn't get as much oxidation as expected. When it comes down to it, this bottle is rare as can be. I'd ONLY pass on it because I know that would give the next person a chance to try it. However, if someone offered me a 90's version of the bottle, I'd go for it. I think the later bottles (90's) are probably more flavorful in the middle.

10-29-2011 05:08:01 | More by claaark13
BeerAndBourbon

4.1/5  rDev -1.9%

1986 vintage. Thanks Cam!

A. Pours brown with amber with just a touch of a head.

S. Smells of raisin, hints of caramel/toffee

T. Raisin is the most prominent. The toffee is not as prominent as in the nose.

M. Very thin with low level of carbonation.

D. Delicious, but definitely suffers a bit from the age. Can't believe I got to try this one. Awesome!

10-21-2011 00:56:37 | More by BeerAndBourbon
Urbancaver

4.38/5  rDev +4.8%

Bill... You are my hero...

1986 vintage
A gift from the gods

Pours a murky orangeish brown, nice yellowish tint. Some nice white head. Looks pretty phenomenal. Smells incredible. Rich malts, vanilla, amazing nose. Tastes malty, a touch of vanilla. The beer tastes great... The mouthfeel is a bit lacking but man it's tasty. Overall, a very enjoyable

10-21-2011 00:46:34 | More by Urbancaver
brew3crew

4.88/5  rDev +16.7%

Bottle courtesy of urbancaver. Wow!this is actually happening

A-earthy red color with no head whatsoever. Looks like a nice port

S-very sweet with a nice bit of malt

T-this is unreal. Sooo smooth aand delicious. Maybe a little bit of sweet cherries. I wan to drink all of this. Damn.

M-medium body and smooth

O-holy crap. This is a wonderful beer. Wish they made more of this!

10-21-2011 00:41:24 | More by brew3crew
UGADawgGuy

Georgia

4.43/5  rDev +6%

Thanks to the legendary generosity of BA Brabander, I had the singular experience of enjoying one of the relatively few remaining bottles of this stuff today. Although there was no date discernible on the slightly rusty bottle cap (or anywhere else), I was told that this beer was probably bottled in 1986, if I remember correctly. That would make it approximately 25 years old at the time I tried it...and it's apparently been stored AT WESTVLETEREN ABBEY the entire time. This is a truly incredible find.

Appearance: Just what I would expect of a Belgian dark ale, minus any hint of carbonation. I have to attribute that to the beer's extended age, and from that standpoint, it's not a big deal. When poured into a generic trappist-style chalice and held up to the light, Special 6 is a uniformly murky mahogany color with an unusually clear, shallow "watery" layer floating at the very top. Again, I'd attribute that to the beer's age and carbonation loss.

Smell: Now we're getting somewhere. I'm a well-known malt aficionado, which means I favor beers on the sweet side of the spectrum. And, man, this beer has that in spades (no doubt due in part to its age). A whiff of this stuff conjures up memories of the first time I ever tried vintage Schneider Aventinus, which is one of my two all-time favorite beers. I get honey, amber-doppelbock-style malt, and faint hints of toffee and Tootsie Rolls. If that sounds bad, ignore it; it's meant to be a compliment. This beer smells GREAT, especially considering its extended age and relatively low ABV. While I do pick up some sherry-like notes, the telltale odor of oxidation is absent -- I guess I got lucky in this regard, based on what I see in other relatively recent reviews.

Taste: Absolutely unique, in my experience...and absolutely flawless. This is on par with the very best foods and beverages I've tried during the course of my lifetime. Sweet-yet-subtle honey, milk chocolate, toffee, and mildly earthy clay are united in a cohesive masterpiece. I've got to be honest -- since this low-ABV beer is as old as it is, I went into this prepared for the scattered, incongruous mess most such beers would be at this point. Instead, I was met with perfection. Incredible.

Mouthfeel: While excusable due to age, Special 6's mouthfeel is sorely lacking in the carbonation necessary to support its flavor. Put simply, this beer is flat, save for a faint rumor of prickliness on the back of the tongue with each swallow. Oh, to have had this beer ten years ago...but, then, its flavor and aroma may very well not have been this coalescent back then, and I know I wouldn't have been ready to appreciate it at age 22. At any rate, the mouthfeel is clearly this beer's weakest suit, 25 years after bottling. This is not a surprise.

Overall: I feel a little bit strange giving a 4.5 overall score to a beer whose mouthfeel merited only a 2.0, but in the greater context of the beer's age and stellar delivery in other areas, I believe it warrants a near-perfect overall score. This beer's flavor alone makes it possibly the best beer I've ever tried, and I can't attribute its lack of carbonation to some flaw in its construction. This is a masterfully crafted beer, as evidenced by its incredibly long shelf life and aging curve at such a low ABV.

If you like malty/sweet beers and can get your hands on a bottle of this stuff, I would recommend doing so at almost any cost. To have what is now one of the most elusive and lesser-known beers from one of the world's most expert breweries has been a once-in-a-lifetime treat, and it's one you should have, too. I owe Brabander big-time for this...one of my all-time finest beer-drinking experiences.

Truly incredible!

07-03-2011 04:49:11 | More by UGADawgGuy
trappistlover

Arizona

4.25/5  rDev +1.7%

(11.2 oz bottle courtesy of Alpar!) I’m still very humbled that he included this in our last trade! Many, many thanks for sending one of my major whales. Pours cloudy caramel with an off-white head (I got the bottom of the bottle). Aroma has candied sugar, caramel and some port-like notes. Taste is sweet reminiscent of tootsie roll/chocolate. Thin bodied with oily texture. The finish was quite smooth. This beer held up marvelously for its age

04-23-2011 18:45:52 | More by trappistlover
fewa

4.5/5  rDev +7.7%

Cap dates 18-05-98. Poured into a westvleteren glass. The beer pours a brown color with a nice light-brown head. Smell: some red wine notes, red fruits (mainly cherries), sweet plums and some wooden hints. Taste: Sour fruits combined with sweet plums, rasins and roasted malts with some wooden aftertaste. Hints of clove as well. Mouthfeel is medium, with nice medium-high carbonation. Overall, great beer, still in perfect condition. A must try for every true westvleteren fan!

04-11-2011 18:57:59 | More by fewa
AgentZero

3.63/5  rDev -13.2%

Closed out our Epic Chicago Tasting with this one. Provided by me, nothing like being shit-faced at 2 am after 36 beers and then doing one of these rarities for the hell of it.

A - A reddish-brown color, pretty opaque, with a small white head. The head had surpringly decent retention, and faded to a partial cap. Some spot and chunks left on the sides.

S - Carmel, dark fruits, and the usual belgian notes, although this one (for obvious reasons) had a bit of oxidation in there. Surpringly sweet smelling and good for something thi old.

T - Fruity, belgian yeast, little bit of candied sugar, additional dark fruits, and a healthy dose of caramel complete a sweet pallate. The oxidation adds a little souring effect, and there is a little bit of chalk, but it is not horrible. A couple of others who had sampled this before stated this was a much better bottle. Good to hear.

M - Full bodied, slightly less carbonation than I would like, but it is old. Smooth and syrupy, little gritty.

D - Pretty good beer, would have loved to try it in its heyday, but just happy I got to have it.

02-22-2011 22:53:48 | More by AgentZero
Apophis666

4.4/5  rDev +5.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Ok, here goes my first review, and what a beer it is!

I had the honour to try the Westy Special 6 at Thijs' (Brabander) beer tasting session.

A very nice looking beer (especially concidering it's age) with more carbonation than I expected.
Smell was slightly sour (oxidization) and a bit spicy.
Taste was somewhat sweet and spicy with a slight sour touch.
Even though oxidization as set in, it was still very drinkable and tasty!

Thank you again Thijs for this once in a lifetime opportunity!

12-17-2010 21:49:54 | More by Apophis666
Brabander

4.28/5  rDev +2.4%

Yes my friends, this was a hell of a beer! I visited the abbey a month ago. I had an appointment with the guys from the Sierra Nevada brewerie who were allowed to visit the abbey. I was invited to go with them which was a great honour.

Because i was there first, the SN guys had to come from Brugge, i asked for brother Michael. He and i have very good contact since the last couple of months. He was also the one who asked me to stop the shipping of parcels to the states (which i did).

He asked me if i needed some beer! My answer was of course YES PLEASE!! He took me to the storage room which was packed with westy crates, sheer heaven. I humbly asked for four crates of the 12 and one crate of the blond. He took the crates and i paid him.

After that something incredibly nice happened. He told me he had a gift for me and he gave me a sixpack with three extra8 bottle and three special redcaps. They had never left the abbey!!!

I was superexited and all i had for him was a lost bottle of La Trappe bockbeer i had in the car.

After a very nice tour in the abbey i ended the day with a visit to Urbain, the Struise brouwers. He got two bottles of the sixpack from me as a thank you for all the good work he is doing for us beerlovers. And the other four bottles were consumed last sunday with my BA buddy's Jeff, Erik and Sietse.

Now the beer! Poured in the glass the beer looked stunning for its age. Spicy with a light sourness but very good to drink. A bit of oxidation but my oh my, what a treat!

Thanks brother Michael for this wonderfull gift!

12-15-2010 16:42:41 | More by Brabander
Jeffo

4.03/5  rDev -3.6%

The old, retired Westvleteren 6 - Red Cap. This is one of those beers you hear about in fairy tales, myths and ledgends, but don't really believe it exists. Well, thanks to Brabander and the monks at St. Sixtus, we got to see it with our own eyes.

Part of an amazingly fun tasting at Babander's place last night, which included five Westvleteren beers, two of which have long been retired. The tasting included the 12, 8, blond, Special 6 - red cap, as well as the Extra - light blue cap, which isn't even listed on the site. Thanks heaps for the fun filled day Thijs!

From a bottle into a small tulip.
Vintage: Early 90's.
Note: Reviewed this as an aged beer.

APPEARANCE: Pours a medium sized, off-white head with pretty good retention. Reddish-brown in color, cloudy, with medium carbonation evident. Head slowly fades to a decent wisp, leaving some decent lacing down the glass. For almost twenty years, it looks wonderful still.

SMELL: Touch of caramel malt, with some fruity notes in there. Mostly red fruits; raspberries are apparent. Some spicy yeast aromas, as well as off, sour notes unfortunately. Oxidization is definitely starting to play a role, though it is still holding up.

TASTE: Caramel malt and red fruit again. Some spicy notes, such as coriander and thyme, along with the yeasty flavors. Definitely starting to sour as well, but it's not too far along yet. Aftertaste is bold and lingering, with spicy, yeasty notes and some sour tones from the oxidization.

PALATE: Medium body and medium carbonation. Lighter on the palate, though still nice and creamy, goes down fine and finishes relatively dry. Has held up really well here.

OVERALL: At this point the beer is starting to oxidize, and it is most likely quite different than it was ten years ago, let alone when it was first brewed. If you've got a bottle, I'd suggest opening it sooner rather than later. That said, this was a real treat, and probably the most exciting experience I've had in the world of beer. Besides the fact that this is one of the rarest beers that is still somewhat attainable, it is also one of the better aged beers of this ABV that I've had. Twenty years at 6.2% is no joke, and despite the effects of age, this one held up pretty well indeed. It was the hit of the tasting and everyone had positive things to say about it. Definitely still worth tracking down and drinking if you're interested in aged beer. I'm very glad to have had the chance to try it while it is still possible. Thanks again Thijs, for the beer experience of a lifetime.

12-13-2010 10:24:01 | More by Jeffo
jrallen34

3.5/5  rDev -16.3%

I had this from the bottle into a Westy glass at Akkurat. Very excited to try this! Dated 10 22 2000, so this is a 1995 bottle.

The beer pours with light carbonation a very dead beer showing off its age. Its light clearish brown with hints of amber, almost see through. Light tan head only rises about half a finger and is gone right away, light lacing. There is at least half a centimeter of dark yeast at the bottom.. The aroma is super nice and complex, totally mellowed out over the time. Has really muted the sugar and alcohol that presents in the regular westy. Shows off tons of caramel and dark fruits, its sweet but very nice...The taste is sadly a huge let down, clearly anything 1995 or older is well past its prime. The taste is really muted only shows off a little dark fruit then from there all chalk and alcohol. Its really really bad...The feel actually is pretty good, but could hardly finish a bottle that was split.

This is one of those white whales that is all about the chase. Its past its prime and not worth getting now. Wish I could have had one in its day and give it the proper review it probably deserves.

07-03-2010 16:35:36 | More by jrallen34
RblWthACoz

4.03/5  rDev -3.6%

Pours a clear dark amber brown. This seems to be on the tail end of it's life of drinkability, but it still works enough to enjoy. There are tones of chalk on hearty leafy edges. More hearty than I would have guessed. Still after 14 years it's nice. And I don't think the rarity of this one is skewing my judgement.

06-20-2010 03:55:49 | More by RblWthACoz
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
Trappist Westvleteren Special 6 from Brouwerij Westvleteren (Sint-Sixtusabdij van Westvleteren)