Trappist Westvleteren 12 (XII)Trappist Westvleteren 12 (XII)

Wants: 2,780
Brouwerij Westvleteren (Sint-Sixtusabdij van Westvleteren) visit their website

Quadrupel (Quad) |  10.20% ABV

(Yellow Cap)

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 11-12-2001)
View: Beers (3) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Trappist Westvleteren 12 (XII) Alström Bros
Fish113d

4.78/5  rDev +3.5%

I gotta thank my best buddy, Sulldaddy for bringing this one home to me recently. He made my year getting this for me!

Pouring into tulip at a chilled temp (recommended on bottle), it pours a thick brown w/ a 3 cm tannish spongy head that is very dense!

Sipping, I get lots of sweet brown malts along with a slightly sweet peach flavor- some alcohol drying on the finish w/ a bold malty after-taste. During drinking, i fell in love with the flavor so much that I had difficulty reviewing how complex and yummy I found it. I just know it tasted EFFIN' GOOD!

If there's a perfect balanced beer, this is it! Full-body, carbonation wasn't too bold or tingly allowing more flavor to come out, while the smooth body takes over along with a very slight dry finish. WOW!

Drinkable? Does a bear shit in the woods?! By far maybe the best beer I've ever had the pleasure of drinking!

10-10-2005 20:31:08 | More by Fish113d
DouggiePhresh

4.78/5  rDev +3.5%

Appearance: Poured smoothly in my Chimay chalace with an off white head that quickly dissipated into a thin foam floating on the top of the molasses colored beer. Very fine carbonation. No transparance at all

Smell: Smells of dark, candied, fermented fruits. Raisins come to mind, maybe figs too.

Taste: Sweet at the front, alcoholic fruit in the back. Aftertaste is candied fruits and alcoholic fumes.

Mouthfeel: Velvety feel as the foam touches the lips. Sticky and viscous. Coats my mouth with foam.

Drinkability: As with any quad, drinkable in moderation. I would say because of the lack of carbonation, more drinkable than most.

10-24-2006 03:38:39 | More by DouggiePhresh
perrymarcus

200th review.

11.2oz bottle served in a snifter glass. best before bottle date 13.08.11

pours an opaque mahogany tone with a solid finger of lush, creamy head... slowly fades to a thin cap, collar around the glass; decent lacing. good dose of sediment.

nose is headlined by dark fruits, with notes of spice, brown sugar and caramel malts; definitely a sweet aroma. very nice. slight but perceivable presence of booze.

flavor follows the nose. again, dark fruits - raisin, plum, cherry; brown, maybe carmelized sugar; belgian yeast... very balanced, very complex. also happens to be quite delicious. some warming alcohol in the finish.

medium bodied with adequate carbonation. insanely drinkable, i could happily drink this all day.

worthy to note that there was no eureka moment upon first sipping it, but as you drink, the brew really opens up. hands down a world class beer, but THE best? hmm... not sure i could give any beer that distinction. were rochefort 10 as difficult to come by i think it would marshall a similar hype. that said, it's easily a top 5 candidate in my book.

01-25-2011 04:48:01 | More by perrymarcus
rye726

Colorado

4.78/5  rDev +3.5%

Rich burgundy brown color with a very nice tan head. Silky with good lace and excellent longevity.

Complex blend of dark fruits, candy, bready malts, cocoa, floral hops and spicy yeast.

Wow, this is some good stuff. Everything in the nose and more. Buttery malts, dark dried fruits, chocolate, caramel, toffee and Belgian yeast with earthy hops.

Thick and silky, but very drinkable. Perfect carbonation. This is a fantastic example of the style and one of the best beers made.

02-16-2008 03:46:30 | More by rye726
eternaljester81

Missouri

4.78/5  rDev +3.5%

Thank you so much to BA-er Brabander for sending me two bottles of this heavenly liquid. Westy 12 has been a "holy grail" beer for me since first getting into Belgian brews (as I'm sure it is for many), so this was quite the treat.

A - Pours a nearly opaque, dark brown, while what little light gets through shows some burgundy hints. A creamy, off-white head topped the pour, settling into a thick, sticky lace. Not necessarily outstanding, but spot-on for the style.

S - Oh wow! The scent of candied, fruits dominates (dark chocolate covered cherries maybe?), followed by a nearly Port, or even Sherry-like presence from the alcohol. The nose is wonderful, and very dessert-like.

T - Nearly right there with the smell, the first taste is of cherries and raisins mixed with a helping of caramelized brown sugar. The alcohol is almost undetectable, although there are some similarities to a sweeter brandy. The slightly "funky" Belgian yeast imparts an immediately identifying flavor, assuring that you'd never mistake the beer's origin. The dominating sweetness is balanced out by a somewhat drying finish.

M - A bit thinner than expected, and even slightly more carbonated, the mouthfeel is, well, different. It's "tingly" on the tongue (for lack of a better description), but still, somehow, very creamy.

D - For the ABV, this is definitely one dangerously drinkable beer - only offset by the difficulty of procuring a bottle by most would-be drinkers. If I could head to my local beer store and buy a bottle whenever I wanted, I could easily open bottle number two right now.

Taken on its own, or consumed as a dessert, this is simply heavenly. I can certainly taste the similarities to other, more easily obtainable beers of the style, but Westvleteren 12 somehow stands apart. Whether it's because it's truly that outstanding, or because the hype machine has a grip on my soul remains to be seen. Regardless, this is definitely a beer everyone should try.

04-10-2010 22:22:16 | More by eternaljester81
IPA4LIFE

United Kingdom (England)

look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

A- Dark brown color with ruby-red hues in it. Tan, effervescent 1 inch head popped up with an aggressive amount of fizz. The head seemed a bit too watery for me. Basically, I expected more of a fluffy, sturdy head. The head is my one mark-down on appearance.

S- Spice notes, with vanilla, brown sugar and clove.Fairly phenolic. Very small notes of fig.Aroma isn't as bold as the taste, but it is consistent and nice.

T- Ok, here we have something special. Deep roast caramel malty flavors, brown sugar, vanilla, clove and allspice, burnt marshmallow,and dried fig are all present. Sweetness that is almost like a Dr. Pepper (in the best way possible). Aftertaste is dark dried cherries and a hint of vanilla. Warm hints of booze matched with strong phenols and a very dry finish make this one of the best tasting, most complex beers out there.

M- Fairly full-bodied, really nice.

O- This is a solid, solid, beer. I am very glad to have tried it, and the taste really is world class. Some of the subtleties of this beer just can't be found anywhere else. With that being said, I don't think I would constantly hunt this beer down or seek it out. Given another chance, I would love to drink it, but the money and effort are at the far end of my tolerance for acquiring beer, when something like St. Bernadaus 12 or Chimay 12 is readily available. With all of that said- I would still have to concur that this is the King of Belgian beer.

01-24-2013 01:31:51 | More by IPA4LIFE
Lillie1128

Georgia

Had this on 11/26 at Sweetwater with Urbancaver and Cashew70

- Pours a deep caramel with a small white head

S - Wild, yeasty smell

T - Amazing. Like a magic beer ambrosia. It tastes like Belgian with sweet floral notes

M - Medium bodied and lightly carbonation

D - Medium drinkability

Thanks to urbancaver for this one! Best birthday present ever!

11-30-2011 03:39:25 | More by Lillie1128
beckje01

4.78/5  rDev +3.5%

A- Dark brown with red edges, good lacing and nice head. Looks a lot like the 8 it would be hard to tell them apart sitting next to each other.

S- Mellow some alcohol and malt maybe some hops but shadowed.

T- I find myself hesitating to take a drink....
Wow semi sweet some tartness but a little. Wonderful malt very smooth flavor with caramel in the background just very very nice.

M- Smooth very nice just lovely, can't beat this mouth feel.

D- Very drinkable you don't taste the high ABV at all.

11-17-2008 16:35:38 | More by beckje01
francisweizen

Alaska

4.78/5  rDev +3.5%

One of the best beers in the world! This fresh sample came to me directly from belgium via belgianshop.com(thanx!:-) Anyway, this beer poured a very dark cloudy, amber-ish brown. I was pouring this into my genuine Trappist Westvleteren glass and before I knew it the whole bottle was in the chalice yeast and all...Oh Well! This beer had a nice appearance that was a bit cloudy and yeasty(since I poured all the floaties in there...)but it still looked very nice. This smelled of fruity alcohol esters, chewy roasted and chocolate-y malts as well as raisins, figs, plums and you name it! This tasted heavenly, and seemed to be a perfect blend of all of the above mentioned flavors. It sure is amazing what westvleteren can do with very few simple ingredients! This beer had one of the best mouthfeels ever! It was extremely thick and velvetty and rolled down my throat oh so smoothly! I have to tag the drinkability factor by .5 just for the alcoholic flavors and the very high abv %
This is a damn fine amazing beer and possibly 1 that is deserving of the #1 spot on BA if you ask me. although I have only had all of the beers from 3 of 6 trappist breweries in Belgium. For me Westvleteren is easily the best of the 3(orval, chimay and westie)!
cheers!,
F.

01-31-2003 11:27:13 | More by francisweizen
gory4d

4.78/5  rDev +3.5%

Many thanks to Masterski for throwing this one in to our last in-person trade.

Pours a rusty brown with a thin but dense white head, leaves lots of lacing. The color is not terribly appealing. The smell is of roasted nuts, hijiki seaweed, sweet grape, a rich caramel malt -- very complex. The flavor is sweet grapes (like cognac, almost), caramel, grain, with a lingering bitter earthy finish. It's creamy but clean in the mouth, not at all viscous, very nice. Really just too delectable for words. More.

09-02-2009 02:23:23 | More by gory4d
cbingham24

Arizona

4.78/5  rDev +3.5%

A- Murky dark brown with a solid finger and a half of head that sits around and leaves slabs of lace.

S- Sweet malt, toffee and sugar. Some liquorice and warming alcohols.

T- A medium to thick body. Candy sugars, molasses and liquorice. Bitter roasted barley and hops. Starts dry and definately becomes sweeter. A slight alcohol that lingers in the back of the throat. mouth.

M- Good medium level carbonation. The generous malt body does give it a good solid almost chewy feel.

O- Sweet and thick. A joyous discovery. Doesn't get much better. The reason Trappists are the best. Westy 12 you have my heart.

04-28-2011 03:24:47 | More by cbingham24
TomBottos

Wisconsin

4.78/5  rDev +3.5%

A very good customers of mine was gracious enough to give me a bottle in trade. I told them I didn't have anything worthy of that beer to trade. . . anyway.
Pour rich into the glass.
Smell was rich with malty undertones.
Appearence was dark roasted brown color. Looked very drinkable.
Taste was smooth, balanced, sweet and finished just the same.
Overall maybe the best single beer I have had. Wish I had more than 1 bottle.

09-03-2008 19:41:40 | More by TomBottos
rbschult

4.78/5  rDev +3.5%

Now this is one of those beers that has been talked up to me for years, and now that I have tried it I am definitely not disappointed. I was lucky enough to pick up a gift pack with 6 bottles and 2 glasses after attending The Festival in Worcester, MA.

A: Dark brown, bordering on black, seemingly cloudy.

S: Spice, dried fruits, nuts, and no hot alcohol which many 10% beers can display.

T: Very raisiny and super complex with wood and spice, the flavor bounces all over the place creating happiness everywhere. Upon completion of the swallow the level of alcohol became pretty apparent, but not displeasing.

M: Of the quads I have had, this is undoubtably the best. Level of alcohol is masked quite well, the flavors are extremely complex and blend together perfectly, and the carbonation is spot on for the style.

O: As stated above, this beer lived up to the hype for me. Glad I have 5 more of these gems just waiting to be savored.

06-28-2012 04:54:38 | More by rbschult
ark57

4.78/5  rDev +3.5%

It pours a dark brown with a huge head. The aroma has some dark fruit, chocolate, and yeast. The flavors are very complex. Probably the most complex I have ever had. The body is rich and creamy. There is a little amount of spiciness, some sweet fruits, and choclate. It truly is transcendent.

03-25-2004 14:15:08 | More by ark57
siege06nd

4.78/5  rDev +3.5%

HUGE thanks to IrishColonial for this little beauty. You are a true friend, Eric, thank you so much for this amazing gift.

A: Pours a cloudy, tobacco brown with ruby highlights around the edges. A huge cream three finger cream colored head. The head is extremely uniform and tight. Some of the tightest and finest lacing I have ever seen adorns the edges of the glass. Just a wonderful and classic looking quad here.

S: Oh wow. Honey, clove, banana, cherry, fig, prune, dates. Hints of caramel and supple leather. Lots of biscuit malt notes blend perfectly with all of the ripe fruit. Smells a lot like iced vanilla cake. Amazing. Perfect.

T: Creamy bread crust, cherry, vanilla, some caramel and traces of tobacco. Belgian spice and yeast are well incorporated and assertive, but they don't dominate. I mostly get sweet fruits and fresh bread. A little bit of booziness on the finish.

M: Medium to full bodied with moderate carbonation. Very creamy mouthfeel. Flavors are perfectly balanced.

O: A little booziness is the only thing that holds this back from being perfect. It was evident to me why this is the standard from the minute I poured it...the color, consistency, and head on this beer are unequaled. Definitely one for every beer lover to try. Thanks again for this one, Eric!

03-25-2012 19:05:33 | More by siege06nd
macktbone

4.78/5  rDev +3.5%

I had my first Westy 12 6 months ago for my bachelor party thanks to my best friend and a great man of beer that donated this incredible sample for the cause.

The appearance of this beer is different than the one I had prior. Mind you the other Westy was almost 10 years old. This review is based on this bottle and I can absolutely attest to the fact that this beer ages remarkably. Westy 12 with the label on it was a much lighter beer with less of an alcohol taste and a broader spectrum of flavors.

A dark whiskey brown with dabbles of carbonation rings in the middle of the glass. An unassuming thin ring lingers around the edge.

I get a huge scent of figs, almond, dried fruits, malt with light caramel and alcohol. The smell pulls you in but could have a little less alcohol to allow the other aspects to come through more.

The ever important taste factor. Cherries with malty goodness and an aftertaste that lingers of amaretto and currants. This beer is worth allowing to warm over time just to sample the differences over the temperature band.

The mouthfeel of this beer provides the perfect example of a true quad.

It is too bad that we have to split this beer due it's lack of availablity. But, I am glad that we have friends that would bring over what most agree as the best beer in the world on a sunday night, just because.

03-09-2009 04:59:18 | More by macktbone
meatyard

4.78/5  rDev +3.5%

Bottle cap is dated 09/08/09 so this bottle is 5 years old. One of the last few that I have left from the original case.

Pours with a murky brown/amber with a short-lived 1-finger tan head that falls to a partial cover without much lace.

The aroma is rich with dark fruits and candied sugar; it's very enticing and just smells warm and inviting.

The taste is a lot more of these tasty, dark fruits and candied sugar. It's noticeably sweet which could be a problem yet isn't in this beer. All of the flavors are still there but have mellowed quite nicely and, surprisingly so, I am able to detect just a hint of alcohol.

Mouthfeel is smooth and medium tending toward full with barely there carbonation that doesn't affect the taste adversely.

Overall: I have had about 15 bottles from this case over the past 5 years. I tried to space them out while giving/sharing the others. I hope this has diminished the hype/rarity factor so that I am not too swayed by those factors. So, even at 5 years this is a wonderful, tasty beer. I may have liked it better at 3 years or even fresh but it has held up well. For those who like Rochefort 10 or any other quads this is a beer that you must try. It may not live up to the hype, for some, but it's worth the try. Even my cat loved the drop I put on the table for her. I guess it's nearly impossible to do but I wish a USA company could replicate this beer.

09-10-2011 19:19:01 | More by meatyard
Finite

Australia

P - Brown 330ml bottle. Yellow cap,

A - Very dark - Dark Amber. Wonderfull head retention and lacing

S - Plums, rasins, toffee, and beautiful alcohol phenols, anise, honey backed with mild malt character and spices

T - Alcohol & dark fruits fuse into a delecate flavour of complex malt characters. Wonderfull complex stages of alcohol, dark fruits, dark candy, and some earthen yeast flavours. this beer so wonderfully complex and yet so very drinkable. Alcohol is strong but only assists in drinkablility, adds a spicy, warming and slightly dry element. As the complex malts leave a soft floral hop bitterness is present leaving a slightly dry mouth and soft bitterness.

M - Bloody outstanding, thick and sticky, very soft in the mouth, fluffy. All assisting to make this so easy to finish. Carbonation is perfect.

D - So very easy to drink, smooth and complex, warming alcohol flavour carries this beer down with ease. Utterly hard to falt truly without a doubt one of the best beers in the world.

01-24-2007 09:30:39 | More by Finite
Converge

Alberta (Canada)

4.78/5  rDev +3.5%

330ml bottle poured into a small Westvleteren IIX chalice.

A - A slow foam pushes upward as the cap pops off, leading to a pour of surprisingly effervescent beer. Active carbonation bubbles away as a lighter-than-expected brew fills my glass. It's a sort of dark brownish color, with red/orange/purple highlights when held up to the light. Despite the somewhat fizzy nature of the head during the pour, it appears a dense layer of light tan foam has formed, and isn't going anywhere. Bits of sediment can be seen floating in the murk at the bottom of the glass. Bits of lace form, although nothing substantial. So far so good.

S - The aroma is complex to say the least. The booze is certainly immediately identifiable, along with a wide variety of other notes. Cherries, plums, raisins, figs and dates. Sweet candi sugar, with mild spices and bready Belgian yeast. Molasses and brown sugar poke through as well. Pungent, but subtle. balanced and mild, but bold. Only thing throwing me off is the phenolic bite.

T - Sometimes I find that Belgian beers are simply representations of their respective styles, and don't push the flavor profiles into big, bold incarnations of those styles; they bring to the table would you'd expect, but nothing more. Westvleteren IIX doesn't do this. This brew is big, bold, complex, and delicious. Fruits are right up front, with dates, figs, cherries, and plums all coming through, complimented beautifully by sweet candi sugar and other sweet notes. Well developed base of bready malt, Belgian yeast, which is superb here, and other earthy notes. The sweeter side is balanced nicely by lots of spice, with ginger, cinnamon being at the forefront. The spice lingers long into the finish. Molasses, brown sugar and and other sweet flavors come through as well. Earthy hops and a gentle boozy warmth give it some edge. A magnificent meld of bready yeast, spices, dark dried fruits, and sweet malt. World-class.

M - The mouth on this one is flawless. Fine bubbly carbonation and a nice medium body make this one smooth as silk. Still, it fills the mouth nicely, with a perfect consistency, giving way to a finish in a class of it's own. Slight stickiness, and there's no denying the alcohol presence on this one, but it all goes together with the profile perfectly.

D - An all around superb beer, and it's easy to see why it's regarded as one of the top brews in the world. While I've always been attracted to the Belgian beers out there, Quads/BSDAs usually fall a bit short for me, but this one was certainly different. That being said, the massive price-tag and exclusivity make it a little harder to enjoy. I've yet to try Rochefort 10, but I can't imagine this is THAT much better than it. Either way, I'm glad I got the chance to try this one; world-class and a benchmark for the style.

12-01-2012 08:18:19 | More by Converge
resirob

4.78/5  rDev +3.5%

11.2 oz brown bottle with yellow cap and "import" label. Poured into a Duvel tulip.

Appearance: Deep, rich brown. Smallish off-white head with tiny compact bubbles. Beautiful lace rings as the glass is emptied. Lazy, but steady, carbonation.

Aroma: Complex aromatics. Raisins, figs, licorice, honey, citrus, bread. Sweet and spicy at the same time. Slight alcoholic tinge.

Taste: Rich. Complex. Sweet maltiness blends with earthy yeast and spicy alcohol in a swirling tornado of velvety goodness. Slightly dry, spicy finish.

Mouthfeel: Medium-bodied and oh-so-smooth, this is a stunner!

Drinkability: Dangerously so at 10+%. More please.

This has been a "goal" beer for me for a long time. When a good friend saw a bottle, he picked it up for me. What a great friend!

I enjoyed this beer so much, that I will, without doubt, order it whenever it appears on a beer menu that passes in front of me...

10-19-2005 18:26:49 | More by resirob
jera1350

4.78/5  rDev +3.5%

Big thanks to GOGRANDE for this offering.

A date of 27.10.12 on the cap.

Pours into a Chimay Chalice a muddy brown color with all kinds of sediment suspended about. The head is about a finger thick, tan in color and so thick you could cut it with a knife. Lacing? Plenty.

To be honest, the nose is rather faint. Picking up some lightly roasted malt, milk chocolate and some light fruitiness. Maybe it needs to warm even more, but right now, I smell nothing special.

Okay, so the nose isn't that great. Well, the taste more than makes up for it! Where to begin? There is no one thing that just pops out, it is really unexplainable. Just a complex meshing of roasty malt, malted milk balls, chocolate, nougat, rum and dark fruit such as dates. I cannot do this justice. The alcohol is there, but it's not showing that the beer is over ten percent in any way. The finish is so pleasant and clean. Just amazing.

Mouthfeel is like a milk spongebath on palate. Full bodied, thick, rich, and creamy velvet. Amazing again.

It's crazy how well this beer drinks. I am honored to have tried it and have to say it is every bit as good as anyone has ever said. Amazing, amazing, amazing. There will soon come a time where I will NEED to have this again.

08-14-2010 00:05:15 | More by jera1350
HopBomb515

4.78/5  rDev +3.5%

A - Clear brown port colored with ruby highlights that glimmer in the glass. A creamy white pillow of head that laces the glass but dissipates rather quickly. Thin appearance on the pour.

S - Out of this world. Booze soaked raisins, currants and dark fruits. Honey like sweetness plays with a burnt candied sugar and a welcomed boozy nose.

T - This beer follows the nose with that booze soaked fruitiness as a support to the sweetness of honey and burnt candy sugar. Finish is semi dry, slightly boozy and a touch of fruity sweetness and anise on the finish.

M - Creamy and coating, which I wasn't expecting but loved. Finish is semi dry and sweet.

O - This was a fantastic beer, one you must try in your lifetime. The layers of flavor just unfold as it opens up. Totally unique from anything I've had before.

04-06-2014 00:24:00 | More by HopBomb515
dasenebler

Maine

4.78/5  rDev +3.5%

.33cl, bottled in September 2010.

Rich mahogany color, copious off-tan creamy head-- really a beautiful appearance, though with lots of yeast sediment on the final pour. Very nice lacing.

Aroma is interesting though subtle, with some grape fruitiness, toasted malts and buttery caramel. Booze is there as well.

Easily one of the most complex ales I've ever tasted. Initially sweet, with candied and brown sugars. Then a pretty strong bitterness is revealed, and the finish is remarkably dry for the style. Seductive and complex dark fruit. The aftertaste is roasty and chocolatey. After a few sips, a pleasant warming effect sets in. As the beer warms, a yeasty-spicy character becomes apparent, adding to the depth of this amazing ale. The mouthfeel is very effervescent, coating the tongue in full, smooth and creamy layers. Although it's very strong, it's very drinkable, with a decently disguised alcohol.

This beer deserves its status as one of the best. THE best? Who knows. Westy 12 is a dry, balanced Quad, and this is what makes it a beautiful beer.

01-29-2011 00:09:42 | More by dasenebler
PlaywrightSam

4.78/5  rDev +3.5%

My boyfriend got this for me as a Christmas present, last year, I recently pulled out a bottle for my 28th birthday.

Pours a beautiful brown/mahogany, thick head, lots of lacing, nice retention. The smell is a bit subtle--not as big as I expected. Almost like wine. Also some clove, lots of dark fruit, a bit of booze and yeast, and maybe even some banana? Great, but really not what I was expecting. The taste is just incredible--more dark fruit and wine, grapes, brown sugar, raisins--very faint alcohol. As I continue I'm getting lots of bread, a really surprising, balanced bitterness... With every sip it keeps getting more and more complex. Probably one of the most complex beers I've ever tasted, I'm getting hits of things I've never gotten from beer. Incredibly unique. Mouthfeel is smooth, thick, creamy. Drinkability is amazing for the ABV.

I was expecting a lot, and it delivered.

09-13-2009 23:26:49 | More by PlaywrightSam
Prufrock

4.78/5  rDev +3.5%

11.2 oz. bottle poured into a rochefort goblet.

medium brown that shows a ruby amber against the light. golden orange at its thinnest along the edges. an inch of off-white head that falls into lumps and leaves touches of lace.

belgian yeast in the aroma with dark, overripe fruits. a hint of spice, lemon and bananas. a swirl of the glass brings out a hint of the alcohol and some breadiness.

oh dear lord, i understand the hype from the first sip. malty, bready sweetness, the perfect light carbonation, unbelievably rich body with absolutely no hint of the alcohol. ridiculously smooth. a touch dry but with a honey sweetness in the finish. drinkability? i wish it came in bombers, although the alcohol would put me in a coma. i hate being predictable, but this is going to get my highest rating ever.

03-21-2006 04:13:38 | More by Prufrock