Maui Waui - Altamont Beer Works

to view more.
Ratings: 49 | Reviews: 7
Reviews by jeffjeff1:
3.91/5  rDev -6.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I had this on tap at Pete's Brass Rail and Car Wash in Danville, CA.

Appearance- cloudy copper color, very thin head

Smell- citrus, piney hops

Taste- citrus, piney hops

Mouthfeel- medium bodied

Drinkability- I thought this was very good. Great flavor of hops and it was very refreshing. Very good beer

4.23/5  rDev +1.4%

Great bitter IPA but a bit of a thick feel on the after taste. A very good contender for when my local pizza pub is out of my favorite IPA (Drake's)

3.81/5  rDev -8.6%
look: 3 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.75

On tap at Ale Arsenal a week or two ago, reviewing from notes.

Poured a golden yellow with medium white head. A huge tropical fruit smell is the first thing you notice, but mostly this beer showcases some spectacular hops. While I can't say for sure what variety (Mosaic?) it's something modern and worth trying. Easy drinking, good bitterness. Recommended.

I had this beer at the Martinez ca beer fest, it's amazing! Very Danky beer! Delicious , one of the best if not best ipa ever! I highly recommend goin out to Livermore ca to their tasting room. They only sell growlers and tasters, so there is no food or pints that are served.

3.83/5  rDev -8.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I had this beer at Ale Arsenal in San Carlos, Ca. It was served in a pint glass.
The notes on this beer will be brief, since I waited to review this beer. I had to up my beer advocate account to be allowed to enter a new beer. Hard work trying so many beers to become qualified.
Overall I really liked this beer. I would have it again, but it is hard to find. For a single IPA it had good aroma and hop flavor. They say they use Mosaic and Citra hops.

4.75/5  rDev +13.9%

Drank this bad boy last night on cask, cold I should add, something done on occassion @ Ale Arsenal. As I grab the pint and realize its cold I start to tell bartender but he quickly adds we keep that at just cold.
Fantastic head, golden barely orange color in this brew.
Dank aromas junping out of the glass. Some mango/tropical scents here.
Boom, hoppy-trop-Mangoe's. Ive enjoyed Altamont IPA's in the past but this is a unique balance, not overly bitter. By far my favorite by these guys
Sorry but reviewing off memory last night, just remember the cask had Mangoe added...will edit review if I have sgain soon.

4.04/5  rDev -3.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Served on tap at Ale Arsenal.

Pours clear and light. Good lacing. The smell is strongly hoppy and garlickier than remembered. Still a good blast of fruit. The taste is light, sweet, citrusy, and earthy bitter. I think this keg is older than the last I had. Mouthfeel is crisp and delicious. A good, very good, IPA. Highly recommended.

to view more.