Jack-O Traveler Shandy - The Traveler Beer Co.

Jack-O Traveler ShandyJack-O Traveler Shandy

good

The Traveler Beer Co. visit their website
Vermont, United States

Pumpkin Ale |  4.40% ABV

Availability: Fall

(Beer added by: chudson1992 on 09-03-2013)

Sickening sweet flavor made the mistake of buying a six pack. Neither the wife or me could make it through one. Ended up pouring the other 4 down the drain.

From an ABC mixed six - it was terrible. Poured a brown color almost like it was 'off'. Very syrupy sweet, like fake lemonade. Bessie had to finish it for me....

1.5/5  rDev -57.6%

1.76/5  rDev -50.3%

In reviewing this beer, I will describe my experience in how I even came to have a pint of it sitting in front of me. The bar I was at had just kicked the Southern Tier Pumpking. The Travelers was the replacement. They gave me a taster. It actually tasted pretty good.

Don't fall into that trap. One one ounce swallow is akin to getting a sip of Hawaiian Punch. It tastes pretty good. It's when you get a mouth full, then a throat full, and then a belly full of this stuff, you realize the mistake you made.

It's sickly sweet and fizzy. It's almost like a soda. It smells pretty good, and it looks pretty good. But, the flavors are cloying.

I wish I had looked it up on BA before I "fell" for the taster offered to me.

Hey, there's a market for Boone's Farm too, so this will appeal to some people's tastes. Unfortunately, not mine.

1.76/5  rDev -50.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

A. Average poor, little head that dissipates in seconds. Very little carbonation. Color dark cloudy orange that traps the light and promotes inner shadows.
S. Pumpkin spice, burnt pumpkin pie but not in a good way.
T. At first taste is pumpkin spice followed by gag reflex kicking in. To be blunt it tastes like a 40oz of Old English 800 with pumpkin spice. Separately they are good but together gross.
M. Watery, little syrup.
O. One of the worst pumpkin beers I’ve had. Don’t bother.

1.83/5  rDev -48.3%

Very sweet, to much! Very pumpkin pie heavy. Smells great if you wake up Thankgiving morning yearning for a Pumpkin Pie! Did not like the sweetness!

This beer tastes like diet coke.

Wasn't crazy about this, something about wheat and pumpkin just don't go together. The wheat makes this beer really weird and almost slimy feeling as you sip when combined with the pumpkin. Was burping up pumpkin spice flavor for hours long after I had half a bottle and not in a good way. Just wasn't for me I guess.

2.3/5  rDev -35%

Amber color with a thin head that was gone by the time I made it to the couch.

Smells like pumpkin pie spice and weird pumpkin sweet lemon. Tastes like it smells. Way too much spice for my liking yet not enough to cover the weird lemon.

Seems like a winning equation: if beer + lemon = good and beer + pumpkin spice = good then in conclusion beer + lemon + pumpkin = good. But it doesn't. It's weird and icky.

I was curious. Now I am all set.

2.4/5  rDev -32.2%

2.4/5  rDev -32.2%

Bottle provided by the brewery, my first from Traveler Beer Co.

Pours a cloudy brown in color with a pretty white head.

The aroma is of lemon and pumpkin spice.

The taste is pretty dreadful. Pumpkin spice sweetness and not much else. Reminds me more of soda than beer. Almost sickly sweet. I'm having a hard time drinking this.

The mouthfeel is decent.

Overall this is a bad beer. More like an alco-pop.

Jack-O Traveler Shandy from The Traveler Beer Co.