Pandan Porter - Mountain Toad Brewing

No picture uploaded.

Mountain Toad Brewing visit their website
Colorado, United States

American Porter |  5.20% ABV

(Beer added by: birchstick on 02-02-2014)
Reviews by ScorpyX:
2.8/5  rDev -5.1%

I was excited to try this fairly new brewery in Golden and add a growler to my collection. I tend to enjoy the darker fare, particularly porters and stouts, so I was looking forward to this porter. It's a little disappointing, though.

A: Pretty much what you'd expect and that's a great thing. Dark and rich, with a thin head that doesn't last long.

S: Sweet and smoky, though the sweetness dominates a little more than I'd like. It's almost overwhelming, but certainly reminds you of a typical porter or even a brown ale.

T: The nose tells it, with the sweetness dominating. Too much, in my opinion. There's a smokiness on the swallow that I'd normally enjoy if it beter complemented the other elements, but instead they come across as disparate, incomplete flavors.

M: Fairly smooth, but also thin and diluted. Something else that feels incomplete.

If anything, this beer tastes like a work in progress. I'd like to give their other beers a try though. Golden's a nice little town and their brewery is a great new space, so I'll be back to sample others, but I doubt Pandan will be part of my usual purchases.

ScorpyX, Mar 25, 2014
3.5/5  rDev +18.6%

Mebuzzard, Mar 21, 2014

birchstick, Feb 02, 2014
2.5/5  rDev -15.3%

I love my porters, this one good but not great.

gayfriendlybreweries, Saturday at 06:29 PM
Pandan Porter from Mountain Toad Brewing
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.