Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Pandan Porter - Mountain Toad Brewing

American Porter |  5.20% ABV

Beer added by: birchstick on 02-02-2014

Reviews by ScorpyX:
2.84/5  rDev n/a

I was excited to try this fairly new brewery in Golden and add a growler to my collection. I tend to enjoy the darker fare, particularly porters and stouts, so I was looking forward to this porter. It's a little disappointing, though.

A: Pretty much what you'd expect and that's a great thing. Dark and rich, with a thin head that doesn't last long.

S: Sweet and smoky, though the sweetness dominates a little more than I'd like. It's almost overwhelming, but certainly reminds you of a typical porter or even a brown ale.

T: The nose tells it, with the sweetness dominating. Too much, in my opinion. There's a smokiness on the swallow that I'd normally enjoy if it beter complemented the other elements, but instead they come across as disparate, incomplete flavors.

M: Fairly smooth, but also thin and diluted. Something else that feels incomplete.

If anything, this beer tastes like a work in progress. I'd like to give their other beers a try though. Golden's a nice little town and their brewery is a great new space, so I'll be back to sample others, but I doubt Pandan will be part of my usual purchases. (1,117 characters)

3.5/5  rDev n/a

3/5  rDev n/a

2.5/5  rDev n/a

I love my porters, this one good but not great. (47 characters)

Pandan Porter from Mountain Toad Brewing
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.