Coop Birra La Bionda Lager - Castello Di Udine S.p.A.

Coop Birra La Bionda Lager
No picture.

pDev: n/a
Castello Di Udine S.p.A. visit their website
Italy

Euro Pale Lager |  4.90% ABV

Beer added by: elNopalero on 05-14-2013

2.1/5  rDev n/a

66cl bottle poured into a shaker pint.

Appearance: The cap is pretty funny -- it has a picture of hops on it. No, I'm serious. Aggressive pour turned out to be a bad idea, as half my glass was filled with foam, the other with the beer. Perfect clarity. Pale yellow. Super bright white head.

Smell: Actually not too God awful. I swear I actually get the tiniest hop aroma in there, but it's quite muddled due to the insane amount of corn sweetness and grain. Sweet. Corny. Definitely an adjunct lager.

Taste/feel: I was thinking that this might at least be a serviceable adjunct lager, but it isn't. It's a mess. A LOT of sweetness from beginning to end, with a very corny aftertaste. Watery, as I'd expect. Carbonation is actually a bit low as well, which doesn't help with drinkability.

A piss poor beer, even for an adjunct lager. The excessive sweetness with fairly mild carbonation makes for an unenjoyable drinking experience. (935 characters)

2.27/5  rDev n/a
look: 2.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2

Purchased for cheap at a COOP store in Venice. I took a photo but haven’t had a chance to upload it.
I believe this is contract-brewed by Castello de Udine for the COOP stores, as their address is the same as the one listed on the can I had.

This pours a clear yellow with some foam. There’s a distinctly musty corn aroma to it. Ugh.

Flavorwise it’s crisp while cold but off-putting. Fizzy yet musty. Clearly, this isn’t good beer. Cheap and forgettable. I’d call it a headache in a bottle but that might be too generous.. (540 characters)

Coop Birra La Bionda Lager from Castello Di Udine S.p.A.
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.