Coop Birra La Bionda Lager - Castello Di Udine S.p.A.

Coop Birra La Bionda Lager
No picture uploaded.

Castello Di Udine S.p.A. visit their website
Italy

Euro Pale Lager |  4.90% ABV

(Beer added by: elNopalero on 05-14-2013)
Reviews by elNopalero:
2.29/5  rDev +5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2

Purchased for cheap at a COOP store in Venice. I took a photo but haven’t had a chance to upload it.
I believe this is contract-brewed by Castello de Udine for the COOP stores, as their address is the same as the one listed on the can I had.

This pours a clear yellow with some foam. There’s a distinctly musty corn aroma to it. Ugh.

Flavorwise it’s crisp while cold but off-putting. Fizzy yet musty. Clearly, this isn’t good beer. Cheap and forgettable. I’d call it a headache in a bottle but that might be too generous..

elNopalero, May 14, 2013
2.08/5  rDev -4.6%

66cl bottle poured into a shaker pint.

Appearance: The cap is pretty funny -- it has a picture of hops on it. No, I'm serious. Aggressive pour turned out to be a bad idea, as half my glass was filled with foam, the other with the beer. Perfect clarity. Pale yellow. Super bright white head.

Smell: Actually not too God awful. I swear I actually get the tiniest hop aroma in there, but it's quite muddled due to the insane amount of corn sweetness and grain. Sweet. Corny. Definitely an adjunct lager.

Taste/feel: I was thinking that this might at least be a serviceable adjunct lager, but it isn't. It's a mess. A LOT of sweetness from beginning to end, with a very corny aftertaste. Watery, as I'd expect. Carbonation is actually a bit low as well, which doesn't help with drinkability.

A piss poor beer, even for an adjunct lager. The excessive sweetness with fairly mild carbonation makes for an unenjoyable drinking experience.

Alextricity, Jan 15, 2014
Coop Birra La Bionda Lager from Castello Di Udine S.p.A.
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.